Sign in to follow this  
Hog

A reply from Mr Cullum

Several days ago I wrote an email to Mr Cullum, urging him to keep trying. I recieved a response today. I will change it slighlty so it will hopefully get past Pete''s rigid censorship!

I''m afraid its not much, but it is refreshing that a Billionaire actually replies to emails!

The simple fact is Delia is not for selling.  I remain puzzled by the whole situation.  I’ll remain in the background.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Several days ago I wrote an email to Mr Cullum, urging him to keep trying. I recieved a response today. I will change it slighlty so it will hopefully get past Pete''s rigid censorship!

I''m afraid its not much, but it is refreshing that a Billionaire actually replies to emails!

The simple fact is Delia is not for selling.  I remain puzzled by the whole situation.  I’ll remain in the background.

[/quote]

A few words speaks thousands eh Salahuddin?.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Delia GET OUT NOW!!!!

As if she wont even sit down and try to negotiate, this is beyond belief, DELIA OUT.

That''s "Delia is not for selling" as in "The lady''s not for turning" I presume (Margaret Thatcher reference).

Never has the word "for" carried so much meaning . . .

Thank you Salahuddin.

In my reply I insinuated that if results went badly and with no fresh investment, there would be considerable discontent which may force the issue.

I await his reply.

[/quote]

If true (and I would believe you above most others Salahuddin.... Fancy a drink later ? [;)])....it is what I would expect him to say.  He is in no hurry...is not going to be pushed and sees the situation at Carrow Road as most of us do.

Why pay a fiver when you can get it for a quid when it all goes tits up? Money in the team...not the celebrity''s pocket.....

[/quote]

Now why would you need to edit the email?

Sounds rather more intriguing perhaps than the substance of the response.

[:-*]

OTBC

In the past Pete has deleted responses from Doncaster etc, so if I changed one word (or not) then it may be allowed.

Could you ask him the clear up some of the mystery surrounding what he offered?   Its more likely to sway any waverers than this kind of thing, as I wouldn''t expect someone in his position to say anything but what he said, regardless of the facts. Note: I''m not saying he is lying or not, just that the statement is fairly vacuous, no one ever says or even thinks "yes, its my fault the negotiations broke down".

To be fair to The Cook (and I have always been firmly in the anti Smith camp well before most of you out there), these quotes mean nothing.

''not for selling'' could well mean ''she refused to give her shares to me'' - for all we know. Also, do we honestly know what Cullum''s real intentions are for the club and it''s future. Perhaps he would simply saddle us with more debt?

I do not like The Cook (or her motives) BUT we must try and get hold of some FACTS and / or some real evidence about the position of both parties before we divide ourselves into the warring factions. At the moment there is just conjecture and speculation fuelled (unhelpfully) by some posters proclaiming to ''know'' what really went on but proudly holding back information to make themselves seem important. Reality is of course that those people are almost certainly just stirring things up.   

[/quote]

Is anyone surprised?

[quote user="7rew"]Could you ask him the clear up some of the mystery surrounding what he offered?  

Its more likely to sway any waverers than this kind of thing, as I wouldn''t expect someone in his position to say anything but what he said, regardless of the facts.
Note: I''m not saying he is lying or not, just that the statement is fairly vacuous, no one ever says or even thinks "yes, its my fault the negotiations broke down".
[/quote]

Ask Citizen Foghorn Journalist, he would have more luck with that than me I feel.

I think Yellow Rider may have the right of it (keep drinking mate!). The noises in the bar certainly suggest it was very much a case of..."Give me your shares for nothing and I''ll put money into the team".Obviously, on those terms, he would have no takers from small shareholders - why give up your stake for no return? The only surprise is so many people seem to expect the current largest investors in the club to accept a deal they would, themselves, refuse.Greater clarity from both sides would be welcome, but in the absence of info from Cullum, it''s hard to know what was refused. Hopefully the club will help us with some news, unless Cullum has threatened to remove himself completely (background and all) if details of his offer are revealed?

[quote user="Fat Barman"]I think Yellow Rider may have the right of it (keep drinking mate!). The noises in the bar certainly suggest it was very much a case of..."Give me your shares for nothing and I''ll put money into the team".

Obviously, on those terms, he would have no takers from small shareholders - why give up your stake for no return? The only surprise is so many people seem to expect the current largest investors in the club to accept a deal they would, themselves, refuse.

Greater clarity from both sides would be welcome, but in the absence of info from Cullum, it''s hard to know what was refused. Hopefully the club will help us with some news, unless Cullum has threatened to remove himself completely (background and all) if details of his offer are revealed?
[/quote]

FB whatever the bar folk may think, in my view "give me your shares for nothing" is a ludicrous, laughable scenario.  So ridiculous that you can rest assured the board would have given it full publicity and made PC look an absolute idiot.

The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial [8-|] [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible. 

At the end of the day nobody really knows.  There may be other scenarios that we haven''t even thought of.  But "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$]

I think we should give the ''emails from Peter'' the same amount

of value as the transfer speculators on here

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

I think we should give the ''emails from Peter'' the same amount of value as the transfer speculators on here

[/quote]

Meaning? Are you saying in a round about way someone is telling porkie pies?

I think we should give the ''emails from Peter'' the same amount of value as the transfer speculators on here

[/quote]

Quite so Starfish.  It depends where they come from.  If a first time poster had come on here with this I''d be highly sceptical, but we''ve known Salahuddin a long time and fwiw I think it''s genuine.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

FB whatever the bar folk may think, in my view "give me your shares for nothing" is a ludicrous, laughable scenario.  So ridiculous that you can rest assured the board would have given it full publicity and made PC look an absolute idiot.

The alternative scenario suggested by some of the financial [8-|] [8-|] on here, ie. that he wants to buy into a new share issue, sounds much more plausible. 

At the end of the day nobody really knows.  There may be other scenarios that we haven''t even thought of.  But "give me your shares for nothing" is embarrassing, frankly. [:$]

[/quote]

Delia put 6.3 million into the club as new shares.  So in effect she got them for free by putting money into NCFC.

[/quote]

Salahuddin has been around a long time however. I doubt he would make something up like that.

I think that as the two sides (pro Callum, pro Delia) are so polarised and entrenched in their views, then each side can read what it wants into it;

It is worded to have that divisive effect, Callum knows it, fits in with his EDP campaign, and I suspect also  the originator of the thread knew it too !

Divide and defeat again eh ?

Thanks for your support, I must say if I had made it up then I would have made it just a little bit more exciting, Cullum to do hostile takeover etc, Delia dealing behind the scenes etc...

Oh and Citizen Journalist Foghorn, check your email

Thanks for your support, I must say if I had made it up then I would have made it just a little bit more exciting, Cullum to do hostile takeover etc, Delia dealing behind the scenes etc...

[/quote]

Sal, did you get my PM as I am not sure how it works

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Delia put 6.3 million into the club as new shares.  So in effect she got them for free by putting money into NCFC.[/quote]That''s right. And I''ve just given the lady at the sandwich van £2.30 and got a coronation chicken roll and bag of crisps for free...

[/quote]

Can you email it to me using the feature on this forum, please? [:)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Delia put 6.3 million into the club as new shares.  So in effect she got them for free by putting money into NCFC.

[/quote]

She did what we think Mr Cullum might be trying to do, but in stages - loaned the club money and then converted the loans into new shares.  She did not get the shares for free and nor will PC if the above scenario is correct.