Sign in to follow this  
Hog

A reply from Mr Cullum

If this is true as I have always suspected she obviously puts her own interests before the club in spite of what she says, I just wish Mr Cullum would spill the beans to the press and the fans would then ensure her position would quickly become untenable. A bad start to the season and things could quickly become difficult for her. At least if everyone knew the truth we could all be singing from the same hymsheet.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricardo"]

Sal, I think your communication from Barry Brockes needs to stay at the top of the post list. All posters should read this.

It confirms what a lot of us have believed for a long time now. How on earth the apologists can go on making excuses for her is beyond me.

There will be no change to our fortunes without some blood on the floor.

[/quote]

No, it doesn''t "confirm" any such thing.  Yes it might be true, but could also be a pile of crap. 

I trust Sal to have been honest, but we have no idea at all of the legitimacy of the person who e-mailed him.  I could tell you now that I am Sean Connery.  Do you believe me?  No, probably not.  And you''d be right to as that is a complete lie.  But why should you believe this as being 100% kosher?  Given that this Barry Brockes posted a while ago saying that Cullum wasn''t interested in investing in NCFC, why should we suddenly believe him as having 100% cast iron information?

Even if it is totally legitimate, it is nothing more than hearsay - it is one person''s take on one side of the story.  As such, the scope for it to be biased is tremendous. 

Either way, unfortunately we can''t really trust it.  But I''m sure that won''t stop people from doing so.

[/quote]

I was just wondering what it would take to get you off the fence Branston.

You are correct in saying that we can''t be sure of the veracity of many of the claims that have been made in recent days. However to my way of thinking it''s a case of "By their deeds shall ye judge them". The present regieme have been caught out with lies and half truths for a long while now and are rapidly losing the trust of a growing number of fans.

Delias remarks about investment at the RNS started the storm which has come down on her own head. It was plainly a lie and I can''t see how people continue to look for exscuses for her.

What other connotation do you put on the recent turn of events?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

And what do you believe? The moon''s a balloon?......

[/quote]

No, after watching that Wallace and Gromit documentary "A Grand Day Out", I thought it was real and made out of gorgonzola.....please don''t tell me it isn''t.....[:''(]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

No, it doesn''t "confirm" any such thing.  Yes it might be true, but could also be a pile of crap. 

I trust Sal to have been honest, but we have no idea at all of the legitimacy of the person who e-mailed him.  I could tell you now that I am Sean Connery.  Do you believe me?  No, probably not.  And you''d be right to as that is a complete lie.  But why should you believe this as being 100% kosher?  Given that this Barry Brockes posted a while ago saying that Cullum wasn''t interested in investing in NCFC, why should we suddenly believe him as having 100% cast iron information?

Even if it is totally legitimate, it is nothing more than hearsay - it is one person''s take on one side of the story.  As such, the scope for it to be biased is tremendous. 

Either way, unfortunately we can''t really trust it.  But I''m sure that won''t stop people from doing so.

[/quote]

Maybe he wasn''t interested in buying into Norwich City at that time.  He made his offer later in the month when we were rock bottom.  Perhaps this spurred him to see if he could help?

As for the no real meeting thing, another poster said last week he was told  a proper meeting as such had never happened.  having read Peter Cullum''s words to CityAngel it definatly ties in, although I do not trust this Brockes chap like CityAngel[:D]

Sal, I think your communication from Barry Brockes needs to stay at the top of the post list. All posters should read this.

It confirms what a lot of us have believed for a long time now. How on earth the apologists can go on making excuses for her is beyond me.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But this was exactly the way she behaved when the offer was put before her prior to the PC bid that I described in a earlier in this thread.  She didn''t take kindly to someone helping to find a buyer and made clear in no uncertain terms that it was not what she wanted.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are correct in saying that we can''t be sure of the veracity of many of the claims that have been made in recent days. However to my way of thinking it''s a case of "By their deeds shall ye judge them". The present regieme have been caught out with lies and half truths for a long while now and are rapidly losing the trust of a growing number of fans.

Delias remarks about investment at the RNS started the storm which has come down on her own head. It was plainly a lie and I can''t see how people continue to look for exscuses for her.

[/quote]

Now how do you know this Dick ?

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you reveal something different Ray, then I may change my view.

However, Cullum called her bluff on it and she came up empty.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Ricardo, the onus is not on Ray. You are calling her a liar. Am I correct in understanding that you are referencing her comments at the RNS that new investment is in the works? If so, I suggest it''s a little early to make a judgement on that, relative to Peter Cullum or any other possibility. A liar is a harsh term to any other human being Ricardo, particularly when we are not privy to all the facts.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Ricardo, the onus is not on Ray. You are calling her a liar. Am I correct in understanding that you are referencing her comments at the RNS that new investment is in the works? If so, I suggest it''s a little early to make a judgement on that, relative to Peter Cullum or any other possibility. A liar is a harsh term to any other human being Ricardo, particularly when we are not privy to all the facts.

[/quote]

Call it what you like Yankee, to me it was a lie but I can live with disingenuous if you want to mince words.

I don''t think it''s a little early to make that judgement either. If anything it''s a little late and by the look of our transfer activity it''s getting later by the day.

Yet again the doom mongers have it that any snippet that allegedly comes to us from PC camp is gospel yet the odd quote coming from the Board is all lies and spin. People believe what they want to believe and nothing more.

OTBC

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

Yet again the doom mongers have it that any snippet that allegedly comes to us from PC camp is gospel yet the odd quote coming from the Board is all lies and spin. People believe what they want to believe and nothing more.OTBC

[/quote]

That''s it , whole thread in a nutshell mate !

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

Yet again the doom mongers have it that any snippet that allegedly comes to us from PC camp is gospel yet the odd quote coming from the Board is all lies and spin. People believe what they want to believe and nothing more.

OTBC

[/quote]

If you''re happy with what comes out of Carrow Rd then thats your perogative. Personally they have disappointed me with their spin and lies on to many occasions.

If we go on doing the same things we shouldn''t be surprised if we go on getting the same results.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

I''m pleased that you see me as being on the fence, I''ve been accused as a ''board apologist'' which is something I''m not. 

The simple answer is that this is all rather a mess and I don''t really know what to think; I do know though from the 5 years posting on here, that people seem to get off posting what we know to be false transfer rumours, so it doesn''t take a great leap to think they will be happy to post garbage about knowing the innermost thoughts of Cullum/Delia etc etc.  So, who to believe?  I guess you make your decisions and take your choice.  

I would love for some investment (any true fan would) but that doesn''t mean it has to be the first person that comes along - and something about the way Cullum has gone about it (media fanfare without an appropriate approach to the club) does leave me with a few concerns. The club itself hasn''t exactly done much right in this, either - after the PR disaster that was Hucks leaving, you would have thought that some comments would be forthcoming, but the deafening silence has been extraordinary.  Unfortunately, the media is as hopeless - the EDP came to the ''perhaps we should question Cullum a bit'' party far too late - imo it had already done what he wanted of it with the initial "story", so we might not ever get decent answers. 

No, for me, it is all a bit of a mess and unless and until we have some cast iron information from those involved I will remain on the fence.

[/quote]

I''m pleased that you see me as being on the fence, I''ve been accused as a ''board apologist'' which is something I''m not. 

The simple answer is that this is all rather a mess and I don''t really know what to think; I do know though from the 5 years posting on here, that people seem to get off posting what we know to be false transfer rumours, so it doesn''t take a great leap to think they will be happy to post garbage about knowing the innermost thoughts of Cullum/Delia etc etc.  So, who to believe?  I guess you make your decisions and take your choice.  

I would love for some investment (any true fan would) but that doesn''t mean it has to be the first person that comes along - and something about the way Cullum has gone about it (media fanfare without an appropriate approach to the club) does leave me with a few concerns. The club itself hasn''t exactly done much right in this, either - after the PR disaster that was Hucks leaving, you would have thought that some comments would be forthcoming, but the deafening silence has been extraordinary.  Unfortunately, the media is as hopeless - the EDP came to the ''perhaps we should question Cullum a bit'' party far too late - imo it had already done what he wanted of it with the initial "story", so we might not ever get decent answers. 

No, for me, it is all a bit of a mess and unless and until we have some cast iron information from those involved I will remain on the fence.

[/quote]

Well put Branston.

I however am tired of waiting for results from this lot. I concede we don''t know the ins and outs of it but I have lost all confidence in the board and can''t see us going anywhere until we make a fresh start.

Hopefully it will become clearer soon but the club have not helped themselves in the way they have handled things. To me their silence speaks volumes but I don''t profess to be infalible and there maybe a reason for it, although for the life of me I can''t see one.

The only thing that would sway me now is if they came out with this mystery secret investor and a reason for why it had to be so hush hush. Can''t see that happening though because I don''t believe one ever existed.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

OTBC

[/quote]

If you''re happy with what comes out of Carrow Rd then thats your perogative. Personally they have disappointed me with their spin and lies on to many occasions.

If we go on doing the same things we shouldn''t be surprised if we go on getting the same results.

[/quote]

It comes to us all at different stages....and it''s very sad to see so many ardent City fans feeling bereft of hope. When we sold the soul of the club it was always going to be a downhill route.....but hey ho....at least Peter Cullum wouldn''t be using the club as a glorified kitchen!  [Y]  

They are the same, based on my experience.  I wouldn''t trust either further than I could kick them (and I''d like the opportunity to do one or both, preferably) as that is where the money is to be made.

The Watcher In The Water as Tolkien wrote.

To Delia: "We want to give you the opportunity to tell how you were ruthlessly kicked out of the club you loved, the club you''d spent millions on who turned on you at the very end (We''ve actually got someone lined up for this, can you guess who they are?)

To Peter: "We want to give you the opportunity to tell how you tried to save the club you adored from childhood, the only team you ever wanted to play for and when you realised how you needed a new career after Charlie George left you for dead in the first 15 minutes it changed your life."

Whatever.  Bring ''em on.  They are all the same to us.