Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Disgraceful attitude to Delia Smith !!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Calm down it was all done in a friendly way from most people, My Flan base sinking with neil spinning the ingredients contained nothing offensive at all.

She needs to be made aware of our unrest at the pathetic football she provides. What is next to get the press backing us?

Facts! I''ll give you one - the football of late at carrow road has been total and utter dross due to the non existant transfer budget! Wake up man.
[/quote]

I think she is as aware as anyone that the fans are unhappy with the quality of football on offer.  Truth is though SB is that like me you really have no clue what the transfer budget for this season is.  And can we really blame Delia for the inept performances and signings from Peter Grant, can she be blamed for Worthy losing the plot, can she be blamed for Dean Ashton, Rob Earnshaw, Damian Francis, Dixon Etuhu etc. all engineering moves for themselves.  Truth is no she cant.

But her position is fast becoming untenable.  She needs to go now before all this turns really nasty, and I reckon this is going to get very nasty indeed.  So for me it is thanks Delia for the play off final at Wembley, the championship winning season and almost keeping in the premier league.  But it really is time to go...

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Me thinks the chickens (cheap supermarket variety of course) are coming home to roost. Happily there seems to be far more folk aware of it on here now than a few months back, but come the opening whistle of the season there will be 25,000+ happy clapping punters in the stands with the sign up "business as usual" on DS''s little train set.

And so many mocked Smudger when he was prepared to do something about it........

[/quote]

We''ve missed you Mr. Cluckcaster.

Methinks this Forum has a different feel now, compared with your last incarnation.

Delia and the board are operating on borrowed time. If we start off as bad as we did last season then I think the whole support will have come to sense that time is really over.

how many recipes are original ? there"s thieving for yah i''m glad you you agree about supergroup kingmaker

So Delia and her old man are hounded out of the club by fans turning on them. Just how do you expect them to leave? There does not appear to be anyone around to buy her shares so she will only have one course of action left to her.

With a controlling interest in the club she simply realises any available assets the club has. Land, property , players anything she can. She uses this to pay back the loan and then the shareholders (remember she has a controlling shareholding) vote themselves a big share dividend and hey presto she has all the money back she put in.

The club on the other hand has no players, no assets and is quickly into administration.

Still the fans will have won - Delia will have gone.

I thought she already was by some of the misfits posting on here.  I was simply pointing out one course of action she has if the fans turn on her. She is by all accounts a spiteful woman and does not take personal attack very well.

[quote user="loz h"]how many recipes are original ? there"s thieving for yah i''m glad you you agree about supergroup kingmaker[/quote]Whose melodies were far from original, if I recall correctly. Good old Paul Heaton.

[quote user="loz h"]mr kuntikhops sorry but delia made it personal now shes personally screwing up the club like shes being doing fof years and yes i was born in sight of carrow road and yes i,ve worked for delia. its time delia out[/quote]

Were you her press officer? Or perhaps her editor?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Me thinks the chickens (cheap supermarket variety of course) are coming home to roost. Happily there seems to be far more folk aware of it on here now than a few months back, but come the opening whistle of the season there will be 25,000+ happy clapping punters in the stands with the sign up "business as usual" on DS''s little train set.

And so many mocked Smudger when he was prepared to do something about it........

[/quote]

We''ve missed you Mr. Cluckcaster.

Methinks this Forum has a different feel now, compared with your last incarnation.

[/quote]

I''m touched (there''s an invite [;)]) by the fondness shown to poor little Cluck in his absence by those who understood his reasoning...and who was only trying to save some of his fellow supporters yet more heartache by allowing the wood to be seen for the trees. Reading the forum these days it seems he is no longer required anyway in his earlier incarnation...with the cat being well and truly out of the bag....

45 years of support perhaps enables some of us to see past the youthful emotion into reality...this being that under Smith we have all been taken for a ride and seen the soul of NCFC stolen for personal egotistical self promotion.

If finally having come to this stage it is allowed to continue in the coming season then we/they deserve all we/they get.....

[Y]

I do look at myself as a human being thanks.

As for the rest of your post, I got bored reading the indignant nonsense.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Delia has put a lot of her OWN money into this football club and that should be respected, there is not one person who has put in as much as she has in the last 10 years is there?

I understand the frustration with the Cullum business and I am also one who is frustrated, but the fact is that we still do not know what happened in the discussions or what the specifics of the offer actually was, I suggest we wait and see who we sign until the end of the transfer window before making an opinion on if the decision was correct or not. Making accusations is totally out of order, when there is no facts to back up these claims.

This is more directed to the fans who are going onto her cookery website and posting abusive comments. I think those people should look at themselves as human beings.

[/quote]

[quote user="jbghost"]

So Delia and her old man are hounded out of the club by fans turning on them. Just how do you expect them to leave? There does not appear to be anyone around to buy her shares so she will only have one course of action left to her.

With a controlling interest in the club she simply realises any available assets the club has. Land, property , players anything she can. She uses this to pay back the loan and then the shareholders (remember she has a controlling shareholding) vote themselves a big share dividend and hey presto she has all the money back she put in.

The club on the other hand has no players, no assets and is quickly into administration.

[/quote]

You make a good point - which is why it has been ignored I assume.

If she just decided to cut and run what could stop her? People sell up the assets on thier businesses everyday.

I don''t think she will because I believe that she is genuine but then I''m not as expert as most people who post on here.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

You make a good point - which is why it has been ignored I assume.

If she just decided to cut and run what could stop her? People sell up the assets on thier businesses everyday.

I don''t think she will because I believe that she is genuine but then I''m not as expert as most people who post on here.

[/quote]She will have a job putting it into Administration matey.According to very well connected finacial bod "T" we have assets of £51m and liabilities of £35m which makes the club worth £16m net or £36m if you''re Delia.Look at the figures and do the maths.If she sold everything that isn''t yet mortgaged she would clear her money back but we wouldn''t be in Administration, simply owned by a collection of banks and other creditors who already own 70% of the Club such creditors will not be slow to protect their interests believe me, plus unfortunately for Delia I just don''t think in the present financial climate there''s anywhere near enough collaterall left in the Club at the Banks valuation to release so much as a couple of million quid for this seasons players let alone her £10m+Your plan is a non starter because Delias already done pretty well all the borrowing thats available to us as a club.

Kingmaker.  Now there is a blast from the past. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="loz h"]how many recipes are original ? there"s thieving for yah i''m glad you you agree about supergroup kingmaker[/quote]

Whose melodies were far from original, if I recall correctly. Good old Paul Heaton.

[/quote]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Of course we can put it down to her, she is the majority shareholder with 61.2% who''s fault is it if not her own???!!!
[/quote]

And she should have sacked Worthless when we got promoted, in stead of as she put it we are going to enjoy ourselfs and what ever happens will happen,  No Ambition What so ever.DELIA OUT 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Of course we can put it down to her, she is the majority shareholder with 61.2% who''s fault is it if not her own???!!!
[/quote]

And she should have sacked Worthless when we got promoted, in stead of as she put it we are going to enjoy ourselfs and what ever happens will happen,  No Ambition What so ever.DELIA OUT 

[/quote]

She should have sacked Worthy when we got promoted?  Saying that now that is hindsight and a half.  I certainly don''t recall one person having that opinion at the time, and how many sides do you know of who have sacked the manager who got them promoted?  I certainly can''t think of any.  Yes, he went past his sell-by date, but ffs, you can''t keep re-writing history!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Of course we can put it down to her, she is the majority shareholder with 61.2% who''s fault is it if not her own???!!![/quote]

[/quote]Quite possibly the stupidest comment I''ve seen on this forum..... and thats saying something!!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not exactly Delia''s biggest fan but haveing a pop at Delia for not sacking Worthington the season after he got us promoted is quite simply one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on this forum.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

You are probably right with the 25,000 plus happy clappers mate... hence why I am taking a back seat.

Then again it may just all get too much for me and the urge to join in with what I have been waiting to happen for the last 3 years be too great.

Seriously, if anybody is up for arranging some printing for an organised "Cullum In... Delia Out!" campaign then get in touch.

I will be able to get you cheaper prices than anywhere else in East Anglia.

A bit of free advertising wouldn''t go a miss... thanks Delia.... [Y]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Of course we can put it down to her, she is the majority shareholder with 61.2% who''s fault is it if not her own???!!![/quote]

[/quote]Quite possibly the stupidest comment I''ve seen on this forum..... and thats saying something!![/quote]Not really with the benefit of hindsight as mentioned above. Worthy was fully exposed in the first half of that season and it wasn''t until it was too late that he worked out what was needed to play in the Prem. A proven Prem manager at the start of that season would definitely have been worth more than the one point we needed.

[quote user="JC"]

Kingmaker.  Now there is a blast from the past. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="loz h"]how many recipes are original ? there"s thieving for yah i''m glad you you agree about supergroup kingmaker[/quote]

Whose melodies were far from original, if I recall correctly. Good old Paul Heaton.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Kingmaker... lol there''s a blast from the past... "whole, whole, eat yourself whole!!!"

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not exactly Delia''s biggest fan but haveing a pop at Delia for not sacking Worthington the season after he got us promoted is quite simply one of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on this forum.

[/quote]

It''s always nice to read the London angle..........I think the point was that when things were going so dramatically wrong he should have been swiftly removed. It was evident after just a few games that neither Worthington nor the "Little Old Norwich" boardroom mentality were in the Premiership for the long term....because quite frankly it was embarrassing.

It''s not all about the Premiership success...it''s about being believable as a force by opponents....and Boardroom credibility. We had neither.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Not really with the benefit of hindsight as mentioned above. Worthy was fully exposed in the first half of that season and it wasn''t until it was too late that he worked out what was needed to play in the Prem. A proven Prem manager at the start of that season would definitely have been worth more than the one point we needed.
[/quote]

Well if this isn''t using the benefit of hindsight I don''t know what is!

In truth, at the beginning of the prem season the majority of fans would have settled for us going into the final fixture out of the bottom 3 with our future in our own hands.