Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Club unwilling to talk to Cullum

from Loz on WOTB:

email from Towergate..

Peter is pleased to see the good will from fans, although it does seem

increasingly unlikely that healthy dialogue can take place.

As you say, a speedy conclusion at this time of the year is what is

required. So, I suspect it will be best to leave the club and GR to get

on with things without distraction, and let''s hope that everything goes

well, or the club gets an offer to their liking.

Whatever the outcome, good luck for the season.

Kind regards

PC can probably afford to wait - credit crunch and property value falls will probably cause a asset write down later in the year...all depends what we do on the pitch, can we afford to wait another 6-12 months for proper investment, that at the very least will allow roedy to build a squad that has a credible chance of securing a mid-table finish this year???

Well I know I can speak for 5 or 6 fans that will happily take what steps are nexcessary to let the club know our displeasure, done it before with Chase and will do it again. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

from Loz on WOTB:

email from Towergate..

Peter is pleased to see the good will from fans, although it does seem
increasingly unlikely that healthy dialogue can take place.

As you say, a speedy conclusion at this time of the year is what is
required. So, I suspect it will be best to leave the club and GR to get
on with things without distraction, and let''s hope that everything goes
well, or the club gets an offer to their liking.

Whatever the outcome, good luck for the season.

Kind regards

[/quote]

And what''s your thoughts on it CJF?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]What do I think, I think they should be round a table thrashing out a deal.  If Cullum is not willing to accept a compramise so be it.  I can accept that.The deal I would think would be fair is him buying 29% shares off Delia to avoid invoking the 30% rule, then new shares being created.  This would set cullum back 4.5 million ish.  If he only has 20 million to play with he could then invest 15.5 million in the team through new shares.Should we be successful Delia and the other shareholders would get their value back on their shares. (altho I assume most holders haven''t actually got them as a profit making exercise and would rather the club be doing well than get them back.

all Peter Cullum has to do is wait.... if we are in the bottom half come October the fans are going to want answers...and Sacking Roder wont appease them....

jas :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well I know I can speak for 5 or 6 fans that will happily take what steps are nexcessary to let the club know our displeasure, done it before with Chase and will do it again. [/quote]Are we going to see the return of Police horses and dogs at Carrow road me wonders.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

What do I think, I think they should be round a table thrashing out a deal.  If Cullum is not willing to accept a compramise so be it.  I can accept that.

The deal I would think would be fair is him buying 29% shares off Delia to avoid invoking the 30% rule, then new shares being created.  This would set cullum back 4.5 million ish.  If he only has 20 million to play with he could then invest 15.5 million in the team through new shares.

Should we be successful Delia and the other shareholders would get their value back on their shares. (altho I assume most holders haven''t actually got them as a profit making exercise and would rather the club be doing well than get them back.
[/quote]

If the email is correct this is probably part of "corporate games" - who blinks first.  Mr Doncaster told us via the old fashioned Marconi thing early last week that they were waiting for Mr C to contact Delia to make a formal offer so that a meeting could be arranged to discuss terms and conditions.  As of early last week, according to Mr Doncaster, Mr Cullum had not been in touch "since before Christmas."  If he called, you would be prepared to talk to him "of course".

If we get a chance tomorrow we''ll try Mr C formally although no one is interested in the story until blood is dripping down the walls.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

all Peter Cullum has to do is wait.... if we are in the bottom half come October the fans are going to want answers...and Sacking Roder wont appease them....

jas :)

[/quote]This is the case. Delia and co are playing the biggest game of Russian roulette they ever had and they''ve play a few over the years. Thing is now we know there is somebody out there and that his interest is in the performance on the pitch rather than in the restaurant we will never be able to get that out of our heads.We will question everything from now on, every signing every result, everything because we will always wonder if the could have been better under Cullum''s  control.We will undoubtedly sign some more players but will they be good enough. Well we have to wait to see. So will Cullum but if they are not which I think we are all starting to wonder about then I think it will turn very nasty very quick and you may find the £58m will be revised very quickly.Cullum can''t lose. We do well then hey, he''s a Norwich fan who''ll be as pleased as punch, we fail, he get the club at a knocked down price.I feel we have to sink even lower than ever before we get change. You will then see Delia seek out Mr Cullum accept any reasonable offer he makes and run for the hills.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Not good.....

1 question for you all........If nothing comes of this will you take a step back from supporting the team? Ie Boycott/season ticket refunds or protesting?

[/quote]

I just renewed my "Super" Membership for £15 on saturday. Bum. Should''ve hung fire.

[quote user="london Canary"]give it 10-15 games and if we''re not competing then delia will have one hell of a backlash.......[/quote]

more like 5-10 games I suspect. It will be interesting to see what gets sung more "We want Delia out" or "Oh Huckerby".......

I fear this is not the place for reality Mr camuldonumHere is the festering world of anti club, closet binners the rules of finance do not apply.Here in this upside down, topsy turvey,  mad hatter''s tea party you do not type in a post to the forum, the forum is at fault for not approaching you for a post.

ps odd that Cullum still hasn''t actually offered to buy the shares - wonder what he''s hiding

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well I know I can speak for 5 or 6 fans that will happily take what steps are nexcessary to let the club know our displeasure, done it before with Chase and will do it again. [/quote]

Are we going to see the return of Police horses and dogs at Carrow road me wonders.

[/quote]

And they''ll probably all get a game........Especially one of the horses, maybe with a similar playing style to Doherty?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

ps odd that Cullum still hasn''t actually offered to buy the shares - wonder what he''s hiding

[/quote]Maybe he will buy all the shares for 16 million and invest 4 million in the club!  Thats a real 4 million, not a loan like Delia, Foulger and the Turners 4 million combined.That way Delia gets 10 million and NCFC get 4 million!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I fear this is not the place for reality Mr camuldonum

Here is the festering world of anti club, closet binners the rules of finance do not apply.

Here in this upside down, topsy turvey,  mad hatter''s tea party you do not type in a post to the forum, the forum is at fault for not approaching you for a post.

[/quote]

LOL!

durrrrrrrrrTo buy the shares to have to buy them off the person(s) who own themTo do that it is usual to approach them with an offer to buy the shares.Oddly enough Cullum has refused point blank to do that.......... yet, here is the rub, he wants to takeover the club.

Why not simply make an offer and force Delia and hubby to respond ?What is he hiding ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]durrrrrrrrr

Oddly enough Cullum has refused point blank to do that.......... yet, here is the rub, he wants to takeover the club.

Why not simply make an offer and force Delia and hubby to respond ?What is he hiding ?[/quote]Maybe he is waiting for the shambles of a playing side to have an appalling start to the season, and to watch the club drag itself apart before getting in on the cheap amongst deafaning Keep The Faith and Delia Out protests.Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??

I''m sick of it all, I can''t believe what is happening to our club.

What I can''t quite understand is some people''s unwillingness to see anything strange in Cullum''s ''approach''.  FFS, if he wants to buy the club, perhaps - and I''m not suggesting anything too much out of this world here - he should approach them in the normal manner and arrange some meetings?  In normal practice, if you want to buy/invest in something, a couple of vague phone conversations in October followed by no contact for 9 months and then plugging yourself about it in a local paper isn''t the normal way to go about it, surely.  Something does seem to be missing in the whole thing, and it seems a lot of supporters can only see the £ signs.

That said, I''m firmly on the fence on this one - I would welcome Mr Cullum''s (or someone else''s) involvement in the club as a big cash injection could work wonders for us, but that doesn''t mean to say that the club should bend over backwards to do absolutely everything he wants.  And nor does it mean that poorly written stories in a local paper are any more the truth/less spin than anything that the club might come up with. 

You would hope that things are going on in the background - either with Cullum or other parties, and that we will hear about them sooner rather than later.  [Indeed, it did occur to me that a third party might be involved in financial negotiations and Cullum put this story out in order to try to barge his way in on it somehow - ie to show supporters how great he would be etc..it is certainly plausible.]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]durrrrrrrrr

Oddly enough Cullum has refused point blank to do that.......... yet, here is the rub, he wants to takeover the club.

Why not simply make an offer and force Delia and hubby to respond ?

What is he hiding ?
[/quote]

Maybe he is waiting for the shambles of a playing side to have an appalling start to the season, and to watch the club drag itself apart before getting in on the cheap amongst deafaning Keep The Faith and Delia Out protests.

Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??
[/quote]

That could be it.  It didn''t quite work last October but perhaps it will this October?

To be stuck next to Charles Clarke at a dinner for a couple of hours shows he has bottle and endurance I think.  Hopefully he did not also  have to endure the "Blair hated me from the start anyway and Campbell''s just an evil bastard?" routine.  Lesser people have been reduced to just nodding.  Your Wiz sounding off (and Southern Imp on one of the Lincoln City boards) pale into insignificance.

Time for change it may be and hopefully in Norwich (South) as well.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]durrrrrrrrr

Why not simply make an offer and force Delia and hubby to respond ?What is he hiding ?[/quote]Maybe he is waiting for the shambles of a playing side to have an appalling start to the season, and to watch the club drag itself apart before getting in on the cheap amongst deafaning Keep The Faith and Delia Out protests.Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??[/quote]

That could be it.  It didn''t quite work last October but perhaps it will this October?

To be stuck next to Charles Clarke at a dinner for a couple of hours shows he has bottle and endurance I think.  Hopefully he did not also  have to endure the "Blair hated me from the start anyway and Campbell''s just an evil bastard?" routine.  Lesser people have been reduced to just nodding.  Your Wiz sounding off (and Southern Imp on one of the Lincoln City boards) pale into insignificance.

Time for change it may be and hopefully in Norwich (South) as well.

[/quote]As I put on another thread, I get the impression he saw the 56 million price tag chuckled and turned his interests elewhere for the time being.Agreed definately time for a change in Norwich South.

" Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??"A company that has a company secretary tends to minute stuff fairly accurate. No record of an offer.I doubt the Chief Executive would be drawn into lying either.Cullum has never said he has made an offer either.HOW THe HELL DOES HE EXPECT TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE CLUB WITHOUT BUYING OR CONTROLLING THE MAjORITY SHARE.He knows that so why is he hiding from this ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??"

A company that has a company secretary tends to minute stuff fairly accurate. No record of an offer.

I doubt the Chief Executive would be drawn into lying either.

Cullum has never said he has made an offer either.

HOW THe HELL DOES HE EXPECT TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE CLUB WITHOUT BUYING OR CONTROLLING THE MAjORITY SHARE.

He knows that so why is he hiding from this ?
[/quote]

So what is your opinion, Ralph? What is he hiding and why is he hiding it?

I am told that the club with its lawyers are presently preparing a statement detailing what exactly Peter Cullum had proposed.  From what I heard the offer was never a viable one, was mainly in the form of expensive loans, with a view to getting his hands on the club at an undervalued level.  And whilst it would be great for someone like Cullum with cash to come into the club and hopefully invest it has to be for the right reasons.  Sometimes things are not what they seem.  I think the statement will make for very interesting reading when it comes.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Anyway how do you know he has refused them ''point blank''??"

A company that has a company secretary tends to minute stuff fairly accurate. No record of an offer.

I doubt the Chief Executive would be drawn into lying either.

Cullum has never said he has made an offer either.

HOW THe HELL DOES HE EXPECT TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE CLUB WITHOUT BUYING OR CONTROLLING THE MAjORITY SHARE.

He knows that so why is he hiding from this ?
[/quote]

So what is your opinion, Ralph? What is he hiding and why is he hiding it?

[/quote]

Obviously Ralph has just discovered Cullum is really a closet Binner.