Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Thain

Strangest Place

Following on from all these "I saw player X in Asda today" stories. Where is the strangest place you have seen a footballer?I once saw Matt Jackson in the spar at RAF Coltishall and have also had the pleasure of standing next to Joe Lewis on a cramped london tube.

i know they''re not actually footballers, but i saw glenn roeder and neil doncaster at the famous annual cheese rolling competition this morning.

they looked to be having a very good time.

I once saw John Barnes at Whinfell Forest Centre Parcs resort.....exciting stuff I know!

I saw Stewart Houston in Burger King, just south of where the A11 joins up with the bypass. At the time may have been working for Leeds Utd. He was in front of us in the queue. I said hello and asked if he was going to the game to watch Craig Bellamy (this was around ten years ago), and he turned his back on me.

Malky Mackay in Sainsbury''s Pound Lane, Matty Pattison in Tesco, Steeno in the Indian takeaway at the top of Harvey Lane, Peter Crouch in the Chinese restaurant on Prince of Wales road (now he is tall!), Doomcaster on the tube before the Chelsea cup game.

I once saw Mathieu Louis-Jean on a football pitch.

ha ha! just remembered...

about 10 years ago, me and my dad were on the bus going up newmarket road into town and pulled up to a stop.

robert rosario got on and asked how much the fare was,moved some coins around his palm and then got off.

gutted.

Zema Abbey almost ran me over on Ber Street.. the crossing outside Elliot house... true to form he missed...

Seen Iwan Roberts and Flemmo at Greens.

Saw Flemmo in Tescos along with Saffers.

saw Shaun Carey outside Norwich Union on Surrey street when he played for us.. he used to meet some blonde Bird.... think she was a bit older than him too...

Seen Malky shopping in the mall.. Argos in fact... he was on his mobile to his wife asking "which one was it?" it was near Christmas about 5 years ago...

jas :)

Ray Wilkins in Pizza Hut near Pride Park. Think it was when he was a coach with Watford - he had a huge stack of take away boxes and there was what was presumably the Watford team bus outside.Clearly dietary advice wasn''t part of his remit!

saw rusty inside nando''s @ riverside literally an hour after playing sheffield united i think it was a year back, he was desperately looking to hide the fact he was there until one of my friends decided to shout out ''darel! my friend!'' he gave the polite handshake, then quickly sat right in the corner to eat his meal in peace the poor bloke!

Jack Charlton on a Norwich to Lowestoft train. He was due to give a talk at some event or other. Top bloke and very chatty, quite forgiving too considering my ex missus called him Bobby instead of Jack!

Recently saw Bobby Charlton in the Trafford Centre doing some charity

thing (got me a pic, woop)... saw the entire promotion team celebrating

in Delaney''s some years back when they crashed our work''s do... saw

Bryan Gunn many many years ago when he was starting the Norwich 10k

run, unfortunatley the camera we had wasn''t working so I was stood

posing with the big man and have no proof... I was about 12 and I was

gutted... [:(]

Not really weird places, I know, but there''s your luck...

saw flecky parking at top of westwick street once, asked him if he was avoiding paying for parking and he replied "of course". good old flecky. also had misfortune of being with my dad when he''s bumped in to a number of old players who still recognise him from when he worked main door on match day. gossy chatting to him for ages on yarmouth sea front and matt jackson having a go at my old man for not talking to him in sainsburys, "don''t you talk to people outside of carrow road" was the comment

Saw Dave Beasant at an Alexander O''neil concert in the 80''s

Have seen Ruel Fox anumber of times in Pals, Ipswich

Shared a flight to Zakynthos a couple of weeks ago with Chris Martin, Michael Spillane and a couple of other youngsters...then bumped into them at about 4 in the morning a few days later whilst somewhat worse for wear.  To their credit, they put up with my slurred ''Shuper Chrishy Maaart...muuuh'' and chatted for a little while. 

Saw them again a couple of days later and did a bit of Redneck style dancing to ''Cotton Eye Joe'' with a ''refreshed'' Spillane!