Sign in to follow this  
BigGreenStoppingMachine

When was your first ever match?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]October 1957........[/quote]He asked when was your first match wiz, not when you first started drawing your old age pension !  [:D][:D]

My Grandad took me when i was about eight i think, it was against Southampton, as far as i remember we won, the thing i remember most was an old man behind us kept moaning all through the game about anything and everything, his pointy hat and long gray beard made me smile.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]My Grandad took me when i was about eight i think, it was against Southampton, as far as i remember we won, the thing i remember most was an old man behind us kept moaning all through the game about anything and everything, his pointy hat and long gray beard made me smile.[/quote]

Should have added that it was 1983/84, sweeeets, chocolates hot drinks!

Colchester friendly away 1972 - i was three

First league match - Wolves - the goal post collapsed onto Kevin Keelan

Despite living in Aylsham until 1987 (before moving away to Glastonbury and then coming back to Norwich in 1998)...it was November 25th 1994. Norwich at home to Leicester. 2-1 win. went one down then John Newsome equalised before Darly Sutch scored a rare goal to win it with 2 minutes remaining. I was in the Barclay and we all went mad :)  I was 14. 

great days.......until Gunn broke his leg..... :(

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]October 1957........[/quote]He asked when was your first match wiz, not when you first started drawing your old age pension !  [:D][:D][/quote]

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS YOU ****

Sometime between 1995-1999, Norwich vs Reading. Not sure if it was a friendly or not, being mid-August. 1-1 I believe.Only thing I can remember is running up and down the stairs of the stand and generally making havoc [:P].My next match was only last season vs Barnet, so I was in exile for a while (wasn''t interested in football then, could you believe it?)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]October 1957........[/quote]

I beat you by about two weeks Wiz !

City 0-2 Southend Sept 4th 1957, Southend''s wingers ran rings around us so we later bought them both.

They were of course Errol Crossan and Bill Punton.

January 1989 vs Sutton United in the FA Cup 4th Round. I was 8, we won 8-0 (Trevor Putney, Flecky 3 & Malcolm ''Rubberband Legs'' Allen 4). Kinda set me up in a bad way as I expected that every week!

My first game was aged 8, Binners 4 Norwich 0; Talbot scored a couple for them, I think.  They were (unfortunately) on the way to winning the FA Cup.

1985 versus the scum. Got in free thanks to a decent copper. We were awful and lost 2 0.

82 or 83, only toddler, v''s West Ham or Villa, i only remember the colours. Had to be taken home at half time cos i was bored!!

Martin Peters testimonial vs 1966 World Cup XI, October 1978 (that''s almost 30 years of insanity!) [;)] 

1991 Rumbelows (league cup) 4th round... Norwich 2-1 Wet sham.

Flecky grabbed them both for Norwich... one of them was a trade mark volley from the edge of the area.. the 2nd was a penalty... Mike Small scored for the unhappy Hammers....

I was in the old south stand that night.. Carrow road had a smell about it... might of been bovril... always remebered that

jas :)

I was a Cambridge Utd fan and season ticket holder.

Went to first Norwich match to see what it was like, (vs Sheff Wed, November 9th 2002) and I loved it. Then went again and again and again. Owned season ticket in Jarrold Stand from promotion season onwards.

Long may the Norwich trend live on...................

Although I had been to a couple of reserve games with my Dad, first proper game was at home to Stoke City, first game of the season back in 1980 - we won 4 or 5 nil but went on to get relegated from the old Division 1.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]derby county at home fa cup 3rd round jan 1967 won 3-0 bryceland scored one , the game before we beat man u at old trafford 2-1[/quote]

We played Sheffield Wednesday at home in the next round and got beat after the Man. United win.