Sign in to follow this  
chelmsfordyellow

How Long before Doomcaster jumps ship?

The club is in a right state and its not looking good.

No medical, kit or scouting staff

No players of any substance and none on the horizon

and worst of all, no money

Delias silence if deafining

I think roeder has shacken things up both below and above him to such a extent that the club is heading for a very very bad time.

When all is done if it ends in glory the manager, players, coaching staff and the cheif exec will role in the glory. If it ends in failure the manager, players, coaching staff get sacked the cheif exec blaims them.

I believe that this time Mr Roeder has the better hand if the worst outcome befalls us. At present no staff, few players and little money to replace with better. When we all realise that we cant compete well before christmas the board will take the blaim because roeder didnt have any money to spend.

What frustrates me most is that i believe the beloved mr doncaster (the real problem with our club) will see he will not be able to blaim anyone else realise the predicament he could be in and will jump ship well before the fat lady sings and avoid all the flack he deserves for leading this club from prem to champ 1 in 3 seasons.

watch this space and more importantly watch mr doncaster and his CV writting team.  

Would be interesting to know whether he''s on a fixed term contract or a contract with a roling notice provision?

I dont think the club are in quite as bad a way as you make out.  Take the Turners for example, would they buy into a sinking ship?  Based on their business track record I would say no.  However you are right on one thing, Doncaster does appear to be the weak link as does his whole financial team.  Barry Skippers comments with regard to the debt tell us that.

Truth of the matter is we have missed our opportunity.  It was there to grab with both hands, West Brom have shown everyone how to do just that.  On the flip side of the coin we have shown everyone how not to do it.

But, in fairness to everyone we have have been unlucky with injurys, poor signings, mercenary players and bad managers.  You couldn''t have written the script any worse if you tried.  Is it anyones fault or just bad luck? I am an optimist so I am going to go with the latter.  I think now with Glen Roeder at the helm, who I think is a good man, it is time to turn over a hole new leaf and start again.  Problem is it is those immortal words start again that anger certain people, rightly so (maybe).  But that is precisely what we must do, start again, completely from scratch.  New backroom team, new playing squad and new upper management.

I don''t think Delia is a major problem, in fact I quite like the woman.  I am also sure that if people look objectively they will see she isn''t all that bad for the club.  What I do think is that she lacks the necessary hard edge required for a woman in her position.  She needs strong, ambitious and pro-active people under her to do that job for her.  And that is what I think this club lacks.  My opinion, for what its worth is that Costa del Colney doesn''t stop at the training ground, it carries on right to the top echelons of the club.  For Doncaster and Co. this is the cushty little number they have always dreamed of.  Until they are gone, get used to the situation because it isn''t going to change any time soon.

Neil doncasters on a lot of money.. and the board are quite clearly happy with him.. if not he''d of been gone a long time ago...

I think unless we get a new owner the current regime will not change... Doomy will stay in a job for the long term future i think

jas :)

[quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

I think roeder has shacken things up both below and above him to such a extent that the club is heading for a very very bad time.

When all is done if it ends in glory the manager, players, coaching staff and the cheif exec will role in the glory. If it ends in failure the manager, players, coaching staff get sacked the cheif exec blaims them.

I believe that this time Mr Roeder has the better hand if the worst outcome befalls us. At present no staff, few players and little money to replace with better. When we all realise that we cant compete well before christmas the board will take the blaim because roeder didnt have any money to spend.

What frustrates me most is that i believe the beloved mr doncaster (the real problem with our club) will see he will not be able to blaim anyone else realise the predicament he could be in and will jump ship well before the fat lady sings and avoid all the flack he deserves for leading this club from prem to champ 1 in 3 seasons.

watch this space and more importantly watch mr doncaster and his CV writting team.  

[/quote]cant wait.

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="chelmsfordyellow"]

[/quote]
cant wait.
[/quote]

Good post, apart from the spelling mistakes.

[/quote]the day i am looking forward to and dreaming of.the day i run thru the city naked laughing my head off and downing bottles of moonshine.what a great day.p.s, i cba to run.

[/quote]

I agree with a few of your points.

The Club is in a right state, is this you knowing something we don''t, are you privy to information that shareholders aren''t?  Ok we all know we haven''t got millions and millions to spend, but hand on heart can you tell me, apart from those who work at the Club, that you know how much exactly the Club has got to spend in this TW?

No Medical staff, kit or Scouting staff, think you are being a little over-dramatic to be fair, no medical staff = no insurance, so I would think there are more medical staff than you or I know about behind the scenes.  Ok so the kit man has gone, big deal, we get another one in, not a tough job these days like it was when I was a child.  Scouting staff, I would think this role is already being covered, not only by GR and his staff, but maybe Gunny.

No players of any substance and none on the horizon, well it''s early days yet to be fair.  Who were you expecting?  Ronaldo, Beckham, Stevie G, Torres?  Don''t set your sights too high, you have said yourself the money isn''t there, so players of any substance won''t be coming to CR.

Delia will only come out and shout about anything, one if she has had a few too many sherberts, and two if something happens she can take the limelight for, and to be fair, it''s no shock the whole of the board are so deadly silent.

As for GR shaking things up so much that the club will head for very very bad times ahead, lets be honest, this club was going down hill before GR and before Grant.  Things needed changing at every level at CR, it''s happened, we move on.

We all know about Mr D, what he''s about and his spin, if he jumps ship sobeit, but he''s onto a good thing at NCFC and would be a fool to leave, we know it and he knows it.  Only time I can see him going is if the worst should happen in the future, god forbid, and that is administration.

To be fair Chelmsford, what exactly are you basing your "facts" on, it''s purely speculation.

Just because several people on here complain about Doncaster and his role in the club doesn''t make it fact that he is the root of all the clubs failings.

Here are a few facts+

we as fans don''t know how much cash we have to spend

we don''t know who the club have definately earmarked to entice here

we don''t know why Delia has not commented, if she came out in the press , some of us would whinge that she is attention seeking!!!!!

It is obvious that new backroom staff will be employed and clearly new players will be coming here, why not wait and see who and if as you suggest, no-one comes in of any substance we can all have a proper whinge.

In the meantime stop fretting!!!

OTBC 

[/quote]

What a load of unqualified drivel. Care to back up your scaremongering and doomsaying with some facts or substance?

1, The club is in a right state and not looking good - Compared to who?

2, No medical, kit or scouting staff - What none at all? You so sure on that?

3, No players of any substance and none on the horizon - The transfer season only started yesterday FGS.

4, and worst of all, no money - How do you know? Are you privy to the accounts?

As for the rest, yet another cheap shot at Mr. Doncaster, apparently the "real" cause of the "dire situation" we are in at Carrow Rd., which, the last time I looked was exactly (if not a lot better) than 23 other football clubs in this country.

Jeez, I think that some of you lot won''t be happy until he''s hanging from a noose on City Hall.

WELL SAID  bunny, it''s still too early to panic unnecessarily. At this moment in time we still have virtually all the same team that went 13 games unbeaten, plus a manager who can conjure decent loan players up at short notice just by getting his address book out.....ched evans has shown this...who else might Roeder ''discover''?

Blaming the board/chief exec/anyone else is groundless guesswork, i''m sure they''re not brilliant, but we could probably have worse.

I think the club was in need of a clear out.  When something has decayed it takes major action to put it right and GR has passed the first test by geeting rid of deadwood ( or at least wood not good enough for Norwich)Because of the size of the rebuild here is a danager that it will take more than 1 transfer window to put right and the number of players required will take time to get together as a teamI think it is far too early to panic  If England were in the Euro''s all the paper talk would be taken up follwing the tournement  As they didnt they are are into transfers Not that many get done in May/June pre window starting July 1 lots of players are away either in minor rep games or holidays   So lots of work to do but time to do it in at the moment

[/quote]

If you can''t write anything intelligent at least write something intelligible.  I hope Doncaster doesn''t have your CV "writting" team.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Neil doncasters on a lot of money.. and the board are quite clearly happy with him.. if not he''d of been gone a long time ago...

I think unless we get a new owner the current regime will not change... Doomy will stay in a job for the long term future i think

jas :)

[/quote]

With the huge wad that Donny is on jas...............would anyone jump ship?................I know I wouldn''t!.

yeah - well roedy has sharpened his axe and swung early - just as in the previous window.  he suggested others weren''t acting so quickly to get players in...donny??? bobby???lets all hope for the sake of NCFC that roedy''s most recent blood-let counts for something this time around - certainly hobsons choice on the last day of the season didn''t do us any favours>><so donny''s future - another crud performance in the summer recruiting campaign will be laid fair and square at his door by roedy - he won''t carry the can for the failures of donny or bobby this time - make no mistake... 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

But, in fairness to everyone we have have been unlucky with injurys, poor signings, mercenary players and bad managers.  You couldn''t have written the script any worse if you tried.  Is it anyones fault or just bad luck? I am an optimist so I am going to go with the latter. 

[/quote]One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[quote user="venta icenorum"]

it''s still too early to panic unnecessarily.[/quote]

But is too early to panic necessarily?

[quote user="2Cakes"]

One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[/quote]

You''re right should have stuck with Bryan Hamilton

Spot on Arthur Whittle, Glenda Roeder wont need a life jacket his head would save him {not}if rumors are true how do you get rid of hucks {32 years old} and bring in a [36 year old }Andy Cole.saving money again.Dion proved me wrong but this ONE no

[quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

But, in fairness to everyone we have have been unlucky with injurys, poor signings, mercenary players and bad managers.  You couldn''t have written the script any worse if you tried.  Is it anyones fault or just bad luck? I am an optimist so I am going to go with the latter. 

[/quote]

One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[/quote]

They weren''t bad managers when we appointed them.  Worthington was very good until he lost the plot a bit (forgotten the championship winning season already!!).  Grant ticked all the right boxes on paper, didn''t work out.  The only thing the board can be blamed for is not acting quick enough.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[/quote]

They weren''t bad managers when we appointed them.  Worthington was very good until he lost the plot a bit (forgotten the championship winning season already!!).  Grant ticked all the right boxes on paper, didn''t work out.  The only thing the board can be blamed for is not acting quick enough.

[/quote] And taking a gamble with the future of the Club by appointing a wholly inexperienced manager at a time when we were already in deep trouble. The box marked "Previous experience" was definitely not ticked on Grants application form. He was however relatively cheap!!!! As admitted by the club when it came to compensating him.

I remain hopeful that we will end up purchasing/loaning some half decent players in, but you can understand why some posters are twitchty, after all in is not like it has happened before is it, you know 20,000 season ticket holders signed up (despite a poor season), doom and gloom from Neil Doomeister regarding our financial plight (lightly sprinkled with words such as "ambition" to keep the punters happy , lots of speculation about great new signings that fail to materialise and finally me having to sit on a very old, faded and jaded yellow plastic seat for yet another season.......I am not bitter.....