Sign in to follow this  
chelmsfordyellow

How Long before Doomcaster jumps ship?

[quote user="Worst Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

But, in fairness to everyone we have have been unlucky with injurys, poor signings, mercenary players and bad managers.  You couldn''t have written the script any worse if you tried.  Is it anyones fault or just bad luck? I am an optimist so I am going to go with the latter. 

[/quote]

One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[/quote]

They weren''t bad managers when we appointed them.  Worthington was very good until he lost the plot a bit (forgotten the championship winning season already!!).  Grant ticked all the right boxes on paper, didn''t work out.  The only thing the board can be blamed for is not acting quick enough.

[/quote]

And taking a gamble with the future of the Club by appointing a wholly inexperienced manager at a time when we were already in deep trouble. The box marked "Previous experience" was definitely not ticked on Grants application form. He was however relatively cheap!!!! As admitted by the club when it came to compensating him.
[/quote]

Like Hull did with Phil Brown, Watford with Aidy Boothroyd, Sunderland with Roy Keane.  Lack of experience doesnt always mean lack of talent, and Grant had shown potential in his number 2 roles.

There is no point arguing and dredging up the whole hindsight thing again.  The real question here is have we got the right man now, yes IMO.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="Worst Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

But, in fairness to everyone we have have been unlucky with injurys, poor signings, mercenary players and bad managers.  You couldn''t have written the script any worse if you tried.  Is it anyones fault or just bad luck? I am an optimist so I am going to go with the latter. 

[/quote]

One element in this can''t be put down to bad luck. The appointment of bad managers. The board have to take the blame for that.

[/quote]

They weren''t bad managers when we appointed them.  Worthington was very good until he lost the plot a bit (forgotten the championship winning season already!!).  Grant ticked all the right boxes on paper, didn''t work out.  The only thing the board can be blamed for is not acting quick enough.

[/quote]

And taking a gamble with the future of the Club by appointing a wholly inexperienced manager at a time when we were already in deep trouble. The box marked "Previous experience" was definitely not ticked on Grants application form. He was however relatively cheap!!!! As admitted by the club when it came to compensating him.
[/quote]

Like Hull did with Phil Brown, Watford with Aidy Boothroyd, Sunderland with Roy Keane.  Lack of experience doesnt always mean lack of talent, and Grant had shown potential in his number 2 roles.

There is no point arguing and dredging up the whole hindsight thing again.  The real question here is have we got the right man now, yes IMO.

[/quote]

And why exactly do you come to such a conclusion with regards to GR?. I''ll give him a chance but its hardly the best record so maybe its a blinkered view.