Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Hucks off to Celtic?

Yep, good luck to him - chance to play in the Champions league!!  I will cheer him on all the way!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Just makes you laugh doesn''t it!!!! Good enough for celtic but not good enough for a struggling championship team![/quote]

Well, erm, lets see if it actually happens first...

He''s probably one of the few players that leave City (without retiring) that I want to do well. Usually I don''t want to see them do well (if it''s at our level or above) because that means City have lost out. But in this case, I''d love him to go to Celtic and succeed big time.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Just makes you laugh doesn''t it!!!! Good enough for celtic but not good enough for a struggling championship team![/quote]

Ian Murray was seemingly good enough for Rangers...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="colneycanary"]Just makes you laugh doesn''t it!!!! Good enough for celtic but not good enough for a struggling championship team![/quote] Ian Murray was seemingly good enough for Rangers...[/quote]

Good point, he along with Brellier was not really given a fair crack of the whip in my opinion.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Just makes you laugh doesn''t it!!!! Good enough for celtic but not good enough for a struggling championship team![/quote]erm, more that they can afford to carry a luxury player and his wages...

...come on, he''s gone (rightly or wrongly) so just wish him well

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="colneycanary"]Just makes you laugh doesn''t it!!!! Good enough for celtic but not good enough for a struggling championship team![/quote] Ian Murray was seemingly good enough for Rangers...[/quote]

Good point, he along with Brellier was not really given a fair crack of the whip in my opinion.

[/quote]

ian murray not givin a fair crack of the whip?? are u kidding me? the bloke played something like 14 games for us and im pretty sure we lost in all but 1 of the matches that he started in! im not saying he was soley responsible but having watched him week in/out he just wasnt good/strong enough for this league im afraid

There is not that much of a gap between the two leagues if you ask me. People keep going on about Celtic and Rangers playing down here they would struggle. 

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]

There is not that much of a gap between the two leagues if you ask me. People keep going on about Celtic and Rangers playing down here they would struggle. 

[/quote]

I think they would be Premiership mid-table/relegation fighters.

Oh yeah I remember it well. Spraying Bobby Sands for MP everywhere, chanting pro IRA songs and anti English ones aswell, such as 1 about the queen dying of cancer, and not happy with that they trashed loads of pubs, pissed in the street, and are generally a bunch of tramps. Yes you have got to love those fine Celtic fans. Oh and before you say it was a minority, every pub me, my son, my friends and anyone i know that day was treated to the wonderful world of Celtic fans. Tramps! Fat toothless simpletons. probably work in Norwich anyway, maybe even your boss.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Oh yeah I remember it well. Spraying Bobby Sands for MP everywhere, chanting pro IRA songs and anti English ones aswell, such as 1 about the queen dying of cancer, and not happy with that they trashed loads of pubs, pissed in the street, and are generally a bunch of tramps. Yes you have got to love those fine Celtic fans. Oh and before you say it was a minority, every pub me, my son, my friends and anyone i know that day was treated to the wonderful world of Celtic fans. Tramps! Fat toothless simpletons. probably work in Norwich anyway, maybe even your boss.

[/quote]

You sound like a match made in heaven. [;)]

This is 100% genuinely intended as a joke, btw Arthur. [:)]

No probs mac. people have this strange perception that Celtic fans are this merry band of scots when my 3 experiances of them have been tramps that start drinking at 6 in the morning then there idea of fun is to sing songs about royals dying of cancer, graffiti pubs with IRA slogans and cause carnage wherever they go. All called Seamus or Finbar, doing dodgy construction work on the side and not finishing the job-sorry im not stereotyping im speaking from experience.

No probs mac. people have this strange perception that Celtic fans are this merry band of scots when my 3 experiances of them have been tramps that start drinking at 6 in the morning then there idea of fun is to sing songs about royals dying of cancer, graffiti pubs with IRA slogans and cause carnage wherever they go. All called Seamus or Finbar, doing dodgy construction work on the side and not finishing the job-sorry im not stereotyping im speaking from experience.

[/quote]And what about the Rangers fans in Manchester?[:^)]

[quote user="Irish Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

And what about the Rangers fans in Manchester?[:^)]
[/quote]

Just as bad from reading reports but no first hand experience so cant comment, although i doubt they were singing "we hope the queen dies of cancer"!

[/quote]What''s that Arthur, Celtic fans siding with Irish Republicans and not liking the Queen. Whatever next!!! For somebody who claims to despise "the namby, pamby PC self loathing liberals" you haven''t half got thin skin yourself [;)]How did we cope with people spraying grafitti and pissing in the street [:|]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

What''s that Arthur, Celtic fans siding with Irish Republicans and not liking the Queen. Whatever next!!! For somebody who claims to despise "the namby, pamby PC self loathing liberals" you haven''t half got thin skin yourself [;)]

How did we cope with people spraying grafitti and pissing in the street [:|]
[/quote]

Oh I see so you think its justified to sing songs about wanting people to die of cancer because of where you come from? You pop your head in the Complete angler { i think its still there} have a read then come back with some common sense rather than try to justify terrorist graffit because you have a problem with me, making yourself look a bit daft here. How is taking offence to people singng "we hope the queen dies of cancer" got anything to do with pc? Think next time eh. If i started a post saying I hope all muslims get aids and die, how much stick would i get? Think next time shack, think.

[quote user="The Lord"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

ian murray not givin a fair crack of the whip?? are u kidding me? the bloke played something like 14 games for us and im pretty sure we lost in all but 1 of the matches that he started in! im not saying he was soley responsible but having watched him week in/out he just wasnt good/strong enough for this league im afraid

[/quote]

agreed! Murray was woeful! and people moan about the Doc! Id sooner take 11 Dohertys over 1 Murray any day!

jas :)

Oh I see so you think its justified to sing songs about wanting people to die of cancer because of where you come from? You pop your head in the Complete angler { i think its still there} have a read then come back with some common sense rather than try to justify terrorist graffit because you have a problem with me, making yourself look a bit daft here. How is taking offence to people singng "we hope the queen dies of cancer" got anything to do with pc? Think next time eh. If i started a post saying I hope all muslims get aids and die, how much stick would i get? Think next time shack, think.

[/quote]We seem to be at crossed purposes here Arthur, let me try and explain.1) Do I think it''s justified to sing about hoping The Queen gets cancer? No. Am I surprised that a minority of Celtic fans choose to do so? No. Every football team has a percentage of arseholes who choose to follow them. From the Chelsea fans who make hissing sounds when they go to Spurs, to the Man City fans who sign songs about Munich, to the Rangers fans who sing that ''Jock knew'' and the Celtic fans you mention. This is the first time I have heard that large numbers of Celtic fans behaved in the way you suggest though. I went to that game and was in the city for the whole day and the vast majority of Celtic fans were friendly and jovial....although very drunk!2) Am I justifying ''terrorist graffiti''? No. I''m nowhere near The Complete Angler so I couldn''t tell you what was there. Post it and I''ll let you know what I think of it. I very much doubt that it will offend me so much that I will remember it in about five years time though [^o)]3) The mention of ''PC'' was a joke. I always mention it when I reply to you as I know that it''s the equivalent of dangling a big cake in front of a fat kid [;)]4) I haven''t got a problem with you [:D].

[/quote]

Don''t forget the chants of ''''Bomb the English B''stards''''.

would not supprise me if huckerby would go to toronto in canada because he was on about going to america in the middle of the season and also there is a few players from norwich there.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]We seem to be at crossed purposes here Arthur, let me try and explain.1) Do I think it''s justified to sing about hoping The Queen gets cancer? No. Am I surprised that a minority of Celtic fans choose to do so? No. Every football team has a percentage of arseholes who choose to follow them. From the Chelsea fans who make hissing sounds when they go to Spurs, to the Man City fans who sign songs about Munich, to the Rangers fans who sing that ''Jock knew'' and the Celtic fans you mention. [/quote]And to the Norwich fans who sing joyfully about the murder of 5 women in Ipswich.much of a muchness.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

He''s probably one of the few players that leave City (without retiring) that I want to do well. Usually I don''t want to see them do well (if it''s at our level or above) because that means City have lost out. But in this case, I''d love him to go to Celtic and succeed big time.

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean!