Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Huckerby Off

Hucks sounded pretty downbeat and sure that he was being released at the end of the season. personally, i think it''s a shame. He''s still our best attacking player, and another year even as a super sub style player would be well justified. You have croft who is more often than not a headless chicken, chadwick whos injury prone and no-one else.

Huckerby should stay in my opinion, hearing him he wants to stay but Roeder seems as if he doesnt want him. Considering how short we are for next season with all the loans, and Dublin retiring and so on, it would be a crime to let Hucks go when he can still so a job. You''ll do well to find someone with his passion, and anyone with his current ablity in that position for less than £1 Million.

Roeder''s beginning to worry me, aall hisplayer shuffling and players out of position. He started well, but seems to be doing what he has at other clubs, lost his way. I hope Roeder gets it right in the summer, because he''s shown he has contacts and has the motivation, but we need to stay up first, and they he needs to sign up Hucks and stop tinkering.

Even if the club don''t want to offer him an extension, it doesn''t sound like they are going about things in a very dignified way. I suppose we''re not hearing both sides of the story, but Hucks certainly sounded pissed off in the interview after the game. Its such a shame because of all he did for us but I really hope things don''t end on a sour note.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Hucks sounded pretty downbeat and sure that he was being released at the end of the season. personally, i think it''s a shame. He''s still our best attacking player, and another year even as a super sub style player would be well justified. You have croft who is more often than not a headless chicken, chadwick whos injury prone and no-one else.

Huckerby should stay in my opinion, hearing him he wants to stay but Roeder seems as if he doesnt want him. Considering how short we are for next season with all the loans, and Dublin retiring and so on, it would be a crime to let Hucks go when he can still so a job. You''ll do well to find someone with his passion, and anyone with his current ablity in that position for less than £1 Million.

Roeder''s beginning to worry me, aall hisplayer shuffling and players out of position. He started well, but seems to be doing what he has at other clubs, lost his way. I hope Roeder gets it right in the summer, because he''s shown he has contacts and has the motivation, but we need to stay up first, and they he needs to sign up Hucks and stop tinkering.

[/quote]

Yes I agree, it would be ridiculous to let him go, particularly considering how thin our squad is - could more than do a job for us next season in my opinion.    

We could be left with:

GK''s: Marshall, Gilks

Defenders: Shackall, Doherty, Drury, Otsemobor

Midfielders: Fozzy, Russel, Pattison, Spillane, Lathrope

Wingers: Croft, Chadwick,

Strikers: Cureton, Martin, Daley, Renton

Retiring: Dublin

Released: Hucks, Cave-brown?, Ryan jarvis? Eagle?, Velasco, Arnold? Halliday, Bexfield, Smart?

Sold: Rossi j, Lappin

Loan: Bertrand, Camara, Pearce, Gibbs, Evans

Considering what we are likely to have left, releasing Huckrby is a crime!

The way the club has treated him has been quite frankly disgraceful. I was one of the doubters that said he was passed it but he definately deserves another contract.

Should be a priority to keep him. We may have to reduce his wages by a lot, but he wants to stay and ion the form he is, I feel he warrants a place in the side next year. If not, a supersub role would be good.

We don''t know what is going on behind the scenes with his contract, if we go down after we have sorted him a new contract on reduced terms, he woul still be one of the highest earners.

Yes, we will give Dublin a good send off, but Hucks deserves more praise in my opinion. He has been our best player over the last four years by a country mile and has done so much for the club and I really do believe him, that he is now Norwich through and through.

This football club is becoming a joke of it isn''t one already, looking at the potential squad for next season, Huckerby would be more than deserving of another year, Croft is terrible, Chadwick can''t keep fit, it isn''t just the wingers though, looking at that selection of strikers, brilliant, Cureton the only recognised striker and look at how many he has missed this season, if Norwich don''t pick up at least a point against QPR than i fear the worst for you.

(I am a Leeds fan, that is why i say YOU)

A cynical old journalist (News not Sport) writes: Word on the journalistic street is that Mr Huckerby has been asked to take a substantial pay cut if he wants to stay on for another season.  His agent is apparently unhappy with this especially as his client bleeds whatever it is.

If that''s correct the decision will obviously be down to him and/or his agent finding something more attractive.

Personally I don''t believe any of them bleed anything in this day and age but that''s just me, a cynical old journalist but in my defence I''ve made a lot of money over 50 years being cynical!

Sport news isn''t us but I did reveal that John Stonehouse was not dead and drowned which many thought he was. It takes more than a pile of clothes on a beach........................

I''m really disappointed to hear Hucks interview after the game as I''d convinced myself that the club was only waiting on securing championship status before offering him at least a year, if not two. Hucks seems to know otherwise & I think it''s a real shame. I agree with his comments a couple of months ago, that he''s one of the few players who have stayed loyal to us when others have written clauses in their contacts & left as soon as they had a seemingly better offer (got a few splinters in your bum Earnie??????). Who will we have left with a passion for the club? We should have learnt a lesson from letting Malky go too early!!! I think it will spell the end of an era, hucks is the last reminder of happier days.

If Norwich were at all reasonable with Hucks then i''m sure he would stay.

It sounds to be, from Hucks interview and roeders previous comments that Hucks hasnt been offered a contract, and been basically told he''s unlikely to get a new one.

It''s a real shame. Lets just make sure he gets a terrific send off on Saturday, he''s been as good a player for us as anyone has over the last 15 years.

I was upset to hear him so downbeat too although it didn''t come as a surprise as I''ve heard that there has been no mention of contract talks with him yet so he''s in complete limbo.

I know I''m biased but it seems a shame to let him go on such a sour note after all he''s done for us.

Hope he gets a good send off after the QPR game.

Seems I can only echo what most of you have said. Who actually looked as if they might create something today, against one of the top teams in the league. Hucks created, it ''s not his fault his crosses, passes were not put away. At least he looks the part in this league.

Hucks, you have been a magnificent servant to this club, worth every penny. One of the best I have seen, and the best in the past few years.

Time for a few at the top to stop trying to find some top musical acts and start celebrating what really matters. The players. Especially keeping one of those who has done so much for the club. And for his detractors, those who say he''s past it. Who would you replace him with, given the board''s ample transfer funds?

It is getting to the stage where I think  Roeder is losing the plot. His team selection seems to beggar belief at times and he never seems to start with the best team, sorry but Gibbs has never met the mark I am not surprised at our dip in form and I note it took place after the Roeder quote " there will be a new squad after this summer you will not recognise it".

What great management skills he probably said it when he thought we were safe! Now can anyone be surprised there is no feeling of loyality left in the team. The way they are treating Hucks is absolutely appalling but typical of a manager who feels challenged by "big" players, maybe thats why he likes young unproven "talent".

No doubt he will leave Hucks on bench after interview!

All this stuff about Hucks staying next year EVEN AS A SUPER SUB!

- GET REAL, the guys still one of our best players so would play games unless unfit!

If Hucks is not signed on for another year then it would be a huge error and would put Roeder under ernormous pressure.

Without trying to upset anyone i feel i must add my own opinion on this , i have admired Hucks as much as everyone else ,  also  many other great players over many years  Keelan , Peters , Supermac , Butler [ barry not geof ]  , Paddon . Davies [ still the best header of a ball i have ever seen ]  , Bone , Flecky  , Malky  ,  Ewan  ,  Deon   ect , ect .                  Things must change as players come and go but  this is the start in what i believe will be a new and successful period for our great club  [  we must stay up its critical  ]  .              This debate should not be about certain favourites leaving but about how best we can support whoever Glenn brings in next season to replace them ,  there is to use an old saying no i in team and in my book it must always be the  TEAM  first  .                                       We clearly need the board to get behind Glenn with every  penny they can muster  so he will at least have the players  HE  thinks we need as i trust his judgment and coaches to turn this club completely on its feet , the rumour mill has already started about certain possible signings [ a young Russian striker ] and already there are murmurs of disapproval from some supporters before he has kicked a ball if in deed he even is a real target .          I have stated before on this site that i believe its important we let a very good manager [ and yes i do think this ] do his job and then make judgment after HIS team has had a full season  [ there is only one permanent signing of his yet at this club ] HE stated himself there was money available for January signings but  HE chose to not spend till this summer , perhaps some intended signings would not sign until it was clear which league we would be playing in next season which would make some sense i think .                                              LETS GET THE THREE POINTS AGAINST  Q.P.R   ON SATURDAY TO FINALLY PUT THIS  SEASON TO BED AND THEN WE CAN ALL SPECULATE  [ COME ON CITY ]

I fully agree with Hockeymyhero, Glen has had to work with mostly a left behind squad and I think he chose a wisw move not to sign playrs in January but to take on loan players instead. I also feel that Hucks should be employed for another season, if only on a "Pay per play"basis. he does bring hat somthing to a game and we would miss him.

A replacement for Ched could be hard to find and gaining his signature for another season on loan or on a permenant basis could prove impossible! Yes the board will HAVE to make funds available, and not just enough funds to buy average championship players, They need a spine of at least 6 very good players to survive next year if not more. The support from the fans is there so please Norwich Board support the fans and more over the manager or you could lose both in the future and become a nice little league one side!!!!!

SORT IT OUT OR LOSE OUT!!!!

why does everybody assume the club is not giving him the contract? its the manager who decides and it will just be another one of roeders bizarre decisions if hes allowed to leave. the longer hes here the harder he is to understand, roeder i mean. where will he find someone like hux who loves this club? i know loads of crap young loanees!!!!!

The sooner Roeder is sacked and Smith and Jones resigns, the happier I''ll be. Hucks has been treated very badly, in much the same way that this damn board treated Mike Walker in my opinion.

I''m almost ashamed to be a City fan today over this matter!.[:''(]

[quote user="sam"]

This football club is becoming a joke of it isn''t one already, looking at the potential squad for next season, Huckerby would be more than deserving of another year, Croft is terrible, Chadwick can''t keep fit, it isn''t just the wingers though, looking at that selection of strikers, brilliant, Cureton the only recognised striker and look at how many he has missed this season, if Norwich don''t pick up at least a point against QPR than i fear the worst for you.

(I am a Leeds fan, that is why i say YOU)

[/quote]

Well at least you''ve dropped that ridiculous charade - and it explains why you''re such a n*b. And, no, I don''t mean this post but your past posts in general.    

Huckerby may very well be off.......but it didn''t deter the ''Club Media and Marketing'' for utilising his ''popularity'' - to beg for more folk to attend the ''Greatest Ever'' event.......Which in reality, will probably turn out to be the ''Greatest Ever'' dissent........

And, I do hope ''club cash'' isn''t to be dipped into to cover and fund the ''event''.......because of alleged poor ticket sales and supporter apathy - coupled with the considerable cost of attending the ''event''.....Richard Keys?......Has he shaved his arms yet?....

Very poor idea........Still, I''m sure it''ll all turn out to be OK in the end......as I''m confident the Chief Exec and the Club Media will let us all know..... 

I agree that it would be best if we keep him, BUT the manager only has a certain amount of money to spend on wages and it is his call how he balances the budget. Despite everyone''s opinion we have NO idea how much Hucks (or his agent) is asking for and if in Glenn''s opinion it is too much, it is his job to say "Thanks but no". Do we know what his wages are? What do people think is reasonable for next season? Bear in mind that it has been suggested he might spend a season or two in America - if you were offered the chance to earn a nice nest egg at the end of your career wouldn''t you be tempted?

City have a history of looking after norwich stars, Roberts, Malky and now Hucks, just shows what football people we have running our club.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="sam"]

Well at least you''ve dropped that ridiculous charade - and it explains why you''re such a n*b. And, no, I don''t mean this post but your past posts in general.    

[/quote][/quote]

We shall see what League Norwich are in next season and what league we are in, then you can have a go.

[quote user="sam"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="sam"]

[/quote][/quote]

We shall see what League Norwich are in next season and what league we are in, then you can have a go.

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with the success or failure of our respective teams - I just think you''re a n*b. If Leeds won the Premiership and Champions League you would still be a n*b. All I was saying was that finding out you are a Leeds fan makes everything make sense!

Btw, good luck with your attempt to cheat back your docked points - can you explain what basis your rabble can possibly have for thinking you should get these back?!  

why would the club offer one of the highest payed players a contract extension whilst the clubs immediate future hangs in the balance?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If we stay up I would keep Huckerby on as a pay as you play employee - he needs incentive.[/quote]

perhaps we should put the rest of the squad on ''pay as you play contracts too.

that''ll halve the income for most of ''em.

why treat huckerby any different. i''d rather have Hucks play for one match than Gibbs for two!