Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Trouble at and after the game

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]we8wba, wolves fans are dirty ba....ds, they come at you from behind when you least expect it, always been the same, cowards with no bottle![/quote]

answer my response to your previous post, are you implying that football trouble is in anyway good and enhances our reputation, because that I what it sounds like you are implying, please put me straight if not?

[/quote]

no i dont agree with violence at all,

im not denying wolves fans dont cause trouble, my point is all season iv heard norwich fans say wolves thugs this wolves thugs that and you end up doing this alledgelly - im not saying norwich are thugs either, just wolves fan throws a pie he is a thug, norwich fan throws a coin oh one idiot brush that under the carpet attitude

i cant comment on your scenes i wasnt there, but if reports are correct then surely your know better than wolves yobs? as i said its not all fans, its few mindless idiots who give these clubs such bad reputations

as to one person sayign wolves do it every game, jez moxey (our chief exective) said we have had 3arrests all season, which puts us in the bottom third of our league

[quote user="farley"]

It''s a shame a few people have mentioned that they won''t go away again for a while, but to be honest there were about 700-800 people there on Saturday who don''t go to away games apart from once a season. This isn''t the norm. Ususally I can wander around the ground before and after the game with no problem whatsoever. Saturday had an atmosphere I haven''t seen for a while but was casued by loads of lads I have never seen before! The ususal lads I thought were our troublesome lot left before I had. I drove past them as they were walking to the station!

Don''t let this put you off going away. However, the atmosphere isn''t always like that either. Bury was dead and I don''t think we mustered more than 3 songs all night!

To the lad who who seems to think that staying to the end means that you are a REAL fan!!! Get a life! I''ve only left early twice in the time I have been going to football. One was with 10 minutes left at Luton when we were 4-0 down at half time, and the other was on Saturday. Getting out of Leicester is a nightmare after the game, so I went early and was home by 7.30. It is not a reflection on what a bad supporter I am because I decided that watching the next 10 minutes wasn''t going to be much fun. In fact, I bet you went by coach so you had no choice BUT to stay. Real fans are those that go despite how well we are doing. 3000 turned up on Saturday, but there would have been 1000 less had we not have been on the 13 game unbeaten run.

As for the troble, Norwich and Leicester have had a history for years. I remember stand-offs at the Clarence Harbour after games back in the 90''s. I''m sure 95% of those involved won''t be at Watford.

[/quote]

think this is good summary really, maybe people should read this one instead just critising others

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]went on train to game yesterday, train l was on packed with big norwich firm, earlier train also. I think its great to see such a big turnout, great for our street cred also. Other clubs think we are a bunch of carrot crunching scarfers, yesterday was a big eye opener for leicester fans! otbc[/quote]Street cred....? [:$]

Ilove your emphass on sitting roed to rouen.

IMO all away gaems should be unreserved seating so those who want to stand can go to the back and old people and dullards can sit at the front

[quote user="PBTC"]Yesterday was my first ever league away match, and it will probably be my last for a while. I went with family and them and I were put right off, not just by the result but mainly by the behaviour of a minority of the Norwich support. From the amount of posts on here about it I gather it''s not always the same at all away matches? I posted the following in another thread but I will repeat it anyway:The lads in front of me were more concerned with gesturing to the home fans (who were miles away) than watching the match, and spent most of the time blocking my view inconsiderately standing. The

bloke behind me was clearly drunk, in the wrong seat, and was chanting

things such as "you''re just a small town in India" and "1-0, and your name

is Singh". Someone challenged him about his behaviour to which he

claimed he was being "constructive". He left with 17 mins to go in the

1st half "to go for a p*ss"; and didn''t return. Are disgusting people like that

made of money to go and watch 28 mins of football, most of which they

probably can''t remember due to the amount of alcohol they''ve consumed?

Didn''t make the day any more enjoyable on top of the awful result.I''m pleased we were sitting over to the right side near the Leicester family end. It seemed like most of the problems and ejections were occuring over to the left where all the (idle) police were.[/quote]I''ve been with friends to most of the midlands, London and northern grounds and have seen virtually no trouble, either in or out of the grounds and have generally had a great laugh. Don''t let a one-off incident put you off, because of the atmosphere it''s a lot more fun than going to Carrow road IMO. There''ll always be a few idiots but they''re hugely outnumbered by people wanting a non-violent good time.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l can assure you all fans at game were staunch norwich regulars, whats wrong with a family outing? Norwich are a family club afterall.[/quote]That still sounds ambiguous.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l can assure you all fans at game were staunch norwich regulars, whats wrong with a family outing? Norwich are a family club afterall.[/quote]

what does that mean? I don''t think anyone is denying that we want to see a good family atmosphere at the game, however I doubt this is what you really mean is it?

You are simply making very little sense, or merely putting you point over badly, do you think this bad behaviour somehow enhances the Norwich city reputation? simple answer, yes or no?

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l can assure you all fans at game were staunch norwich regulars, whats wrong with a family outing? Norwich are a family club afterall.[/quote]

what does that mean? I don''t think anyone is denying that we want to see a good family atmosphere at the game, however I doubt this is what you really mean is it?

You are simply making very little sense, or merely putting you point over badly, do you think this bad behaviour somehow enhances the Norwich city reputation? simple answer, yes or no?

[/quote]

Perhaps it means that you don’t have to wear a scarf a green and yellow wig to be a real supporter?

There were quite a few faces I hadn’t seen for a very long at the game on Saturday who are not immune to the charms of chasing some ‘blue & white’ around and who were regular away supporters ten years ago.  Not to say this was who caused the trouble but certainly Saturday seemed to fire quite a few supporters  boilers up for some reason 

Thinking about it the last time I saw anything remotely like this was at Ipswich station after the one nil win when Bellers scored.  Given I have been going home and away for a very long time means the hand wringers needn’t get too worried about Saturdays events.

Still it’s not as if Norwich supporters were picking on families with children as I once witnessed on the way out of Molyneux after dumping them out of the Play Offs.  In the hundreds of away games I been to nothing will ever come close to what I witnessed that night.

[quote user="farley"]

It''s a shame a few people have mentioned that they won''t go away again for a while, but to be honest there were about 700-800 people there on Saturday who don''t go to away games apart from once a season. This isn''t the norm. Ususally I can wander around the ground before and after the game with no problem whatsoever. Saturday had an atmosphere I haven''t seen for a while but was casued by loads of lads I have never seen before! The ususal lads I thought were our troublesome lot left before I had. I drove past them as they were walking to the station!

Don''t let this put you off going away. However, the atmosphere isn''t always like that either. Bury was dead and I don''t think we mustered more than 3 songs all night!

To the lad who who seems to think that staying to the end means that you are a REAL fan!!! Get a life! I''ve only left early twice in the time I have been going to football. One was with 10 minutes left at Luton when we were 4-0 down at half time, and the other was on Saturday. Getting out of Leicester is a nightmare after the game, so I went early and was home by 7.30. It is not a reflection on what a bad supporter I am because I decided that watching the next 10 minutes wasn''t going to be much fun. In fact, I bet you went by coach so you had no choice BUT to stay. Real fans are those that go despite how well we are doing. 3000 turned up on Saturday, but there would have been 1000 less had we not have been on the 13 game unbeaten run.

As for the troble, Norwich and Leicester have had a history for years. I remember stand-offs at the Clarence Harbour after games back in the 90''s. I''m sure 95% of those involved won''t be at Watford.

[/quote]

Actually, your wrong i went by train and stayed the night.... and i also decided not to go out in leicester during the evening to AVOID the trouble.....  i go week in and week out at home and have been to 7 away this season...  my point was that trouble happens with any fans at any time... as the main page on the pink-un now reads... the violence was planned, and although i heard them planning it.. i never heard where..... if you was reading my post correctly you would have seen that the point i was trying to make was about people standing, i was saying that the fans sitting were the quiet ones, they want a good atmosphere, well why dont they let the people who do generate this, generate it...!! i have seen us humilated alot of times, so dont give me your attitude.... Preston away in 2001 0-4 ,Birmingham away the same season 0-4, wolves away this season 0-2, luton away the same game as u 2-4, QPR away last season 0-3 and saturday to name just a few... oh and to top it off plymouth away this and last season 0-3 and 1-3... simply put i was saying most people went for football.. but for people to do nothing but moan about standing (which always happens away) is ridiculous!!

Think we must have been the lucky ones at Leicester... Arrived about noon on the train from London. Walked straight off the station and to a nice local pub halfway to the ground. Had a few beers and some food, a good chat with some locals, and then made our way to the game. We had seats in the smaller area behind the goal next to the Leicester family area. Had some good banter with the parents (and kids too), and it was no different to any other away game. After the game walked back to the station, no sign of trouble, and on the 6pm train back to London. Finished off the day drinking with Huddersfield fans before they caught their train back north after their trip to Chelsea.

It was just like any other away trip to me, just one closer to home than most!

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]we8wba, wolves fans are dirty ba....ds, they come at you from behind when you least expect it, always been the same, cowards with no bottle![/quote]

I think most of us agree - apart from w8wba of course - that Wolves have more than their fair share of thugs but we''re talking about the Leicester v Norwich game here aren''t we ?

This doesn''t quite add up does it ? I''m no Albert Einstein but the three thousand or so Norwich fans at the Walkers on Saturday is at least a thousand more we''d normally take to Leicester.

All staunch Norwich regulars ? ..........I don''t think so.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]went on train to game yesterday, train l was on packed with big norwich firm, earlier train also. I think its great to see such a big turnout, great for our street cred also. Other clubs think we are a bunch of carrot crunching scarfers, yesterday was a big eye opener for leicester fans! otbc[/quote]Reading through this post again convinces me that it was not written by a Norwich City fan but someone who went to the match not to see a game of football but to see what other entertainment was on offer or worse.

Then you wrote.....

''''we8wba, wolves fans are dirty ba....ds, they come at you from behind when you least expect it, always been the same, cowards with no bottle''''

From all of this I get the impression that while you''re not admitting to being a thug, you''re implying you might be or that at the very least you support these idiots in their actions.

I hope I''m wrong but then if I am you will soon put me right won''t you chippy ?

I wasn''t able to make the game but I''m disappointed that we seem to have unearthed a yob element. I''ve been away many times over the last 14 years or so and have never seen anything on the scale that is being reported. Obviously there have been occasions when people have had too much to drink but stories of fans arranging on trains about fights is a worry.

Before the Stoke game I was talking to a Stoke supporter about their away reputation for trouble at places like Cardiff, Birmingham and Millwall etc  and they have a scheme where every away game is all ticket and every fan planning to go has to have a smart card (costing £10) which can only be given to fans who have a clean record (i.e no football arrests). Apparently the checks for this are done with the police.

I hope we do not have to go through a similar process as it would make getting tickets a hassle and would treat every City fan with suspicion, especially just because of some idiots. We cannot afford a repeat of Saturday.

Well I think the sort of thing that the EDP has covered in it''s story is not a good face for NCFC at all.  I hope all that are arrested and charged have banning orders imposed, this sort of mindless thuggery IMO is not needed or wanted at NC.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

I wasn''t able to make the game but I''m disappointed that we seem to have unearthed a yob element. I''ve been away many times over the last 14 years or so and have never seen anything on the scale that is being reported. Obviously there have been occasions when people have had too much to drink but stories of fans arranging on trains about fights is a worry.

Before the Stoke game I was talking to a Stoke supporter about their away reputation for trouble at places like Cardiff, Birmingham and Millwall etc  and they have a scheme where every away game is all ticket and every fan planning to go has to have a smart card (costing £10) which can only be given to fans who have a clean record (i.e no football arrests). Apparently the checks for this are done with the police.

I hope we do not have to go through a similar process as it would make getting tickets a hassle and would treat every City fan with suspicion, especially just because of some idiots. We cannot afford a repeat of Saturday.

[/quote]

leeds utd have this, i went to crewe v leeds the other week with him on monday night

you have to be a memeber, and have clean record to get in. you have to take your memebership cards with your tickets

but i got in with my mate dads pass so all they know i could be tom the well known ganglord. so doesnt always work out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on different point...

i travel via club travel to away games, i often find places like cardiff, stoke are usually safer due to more protection and thoughts of the police

iv personally found it worse at coventry (both grounds as well) and westham

but stoke if you went in car and wasnt in the compound pen they keep you in will prob cause trouble when your travelling back to your car

oh what a surprise, bringbackchippy has not replied! I think we can conclude what his feelings are regarding crowd trouble then. Well i''m sure he''ll read this thread again so i''d like to thank him for laying a nice big egg for us? people causing trouble at football matches are filth, as are the people who condone such behaviour, maybe it will take a coin to get lodged into their thick skulls for that message to sink in. Anyone throwing objects at football matches should be banned for life, no debate.

Opinions eh bringbackchippy? we''d love to hear them.

[quote user="Marty"]

oh what a surprise, bringbackchippy has not replied! I think we can conclude what his feelings are regarding crowd trouble then. Well i''m sure he''ll read this thread again so i''d like to thank him for laying a nice big egg for us? people causing trouble at football matches are filth, as are the people who condone such behaviour, maybe it will take a coin to get lodged into their thick skulls for that message to sink in. Anyone throwing objects at football matches should be banned for life, no debate.

Opinions eh bringbackchippy? we''d love to hear them.

[/quote]I totally agree Marty - At the grand old age of 7, i was hit by a coin launched by a Wolves scummer. I think i am right in saying, i can''t quite remember, maybe We8 can clear this up, but i believe that away fans used to be seated under a tier of Wolves fans? Regardless, I was hit by a coin at the age of 7, and it truly scared me! Fortunately i did not let it stop me attending again.Launching missiles is cowardly and very dangerous as it is very much pot-luck as to who you hit and where it hits them. Same as football "firms" - they are just a front for grown men to have a fight. There is no justification for it. True fans love their club enough to respect the team''s reputation. The hooligans who go for a fight are no better than the pr**s who go to city centres on saturday nights to get tanked up and have a fight. The people who execute these acts are scum, and anyone who thinks it is acceptable, let alone glorifies it like BringbackChippy did are scum too.There is no place for it, anywhere, especially not within football.

I have often said Norwich v Leicester is the closest we get to Norwich v Gippeswyk, partly geography, East Midlands, partly other stuff. ''Bernie is our Leader'' (Nostalgia).  

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]marty and lappin, l can assure you lm 100% a norwich fan/ supporter!! more of a supporter than some of the other negative bas...ds on here![/quote]

Yes mate but are you a Yob?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]marty and lappin, l can assure you lm 100% a norwich fan/ supporter!! more of a supporter than some of the other negative bas...ds on here![/quote]really, you also have an inability to answer a simple question, so from a personal point of view I couldn''t give a toss who you support, preferably anyone but Norwich. Whilst I don''t always agree with some of the negative views of some moaners here they are welcome to there opinions, however, people who condone football violence are merely filth and their opinions not welcome here. You don''t seem to post on many other threads here do you, strange for a so called 100% fan!

[quote user="corbs"]I have often said Norwich v Leicester is the closest we get to Norwich v Gippeswyk, partly geography, East Midlands, partly other stuff. ''Bernie is our Leader'' (Nostalgia).  [/quote]In English please

Ah, trying to sound "hard", the mark of a true wuss.

Funny thing is, bet you don''t fight when you''re on your own, do you? Now that''s a coward with no bottle.

A bit of an over reaction....if it happens again, then time to be concerned.Its a one off.

Do we know how it started? Did the Leicester fans start on a few city fans who then called in back up? I dunno......i dont condone what happened but lets just move on.