Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Trouble at and after the game

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]I have 100% not retracted any allegations, learn to read, you are making yourself look like a fool!

Blimey, what a load of rubbish, nothing like sticking to the subject of the thread, it is getting very tired and personal now. Anyway boys hope your behaviour at Coventry is a little better or you might get a detention!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]no.. he''s Neil Doncaster[/quote]

Actually jas, I''m Neil Doncaster, and so is my wife.

[/quote]

NO! I''m Neil (Spartacus) Doncaster - and you''re not my wife....

I was awake when the tremor recently rocked Norwich[:O]......I must admit......I certainly used some colourful language......But I wasn''t drunk.

It was just in the heat of the movement........[8-|]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]

I have 100% not retracted any allegations, learn to read, you are making yourself look like a fool!
[/quote]

Marty, in three of your posts you have stated that the guy in question made racist chants and in two you say he threw objects. Are you still standing by this then? And there is no need to react in such an extreme manner to every post you don`t like- i am not a fool and i have never made out the bloke is "whiter than white" as you claim in an earlier post.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]

You really are like a dog after a bone aren''t you.  If a bloke got drunk at a match in front of his nieces, and swore constantly at the linesman and anyone else who objected to his swearing, I''d think they were scum too.  Even if they were Mother theresa in their usual life, I would form an opinion on the only information to hand.  I find your attempts to extract an apology out of Marty laughable, it''s not like he''s done anything other than offer his opinion on someone who has frankly embarrased themselves, and really should know better as an adult.  I''d would have thought you''d be doing your mate a favour by letting it rest, but no, here you are banging on and on and on...

The space for your last word is below....

[/quote]

Blah, if one of your mates had been labelled a racist, coin-throwing thug, a cretin, moron, neanderthal, prick etc. when you have known them for ten years and you know, despite their tendency to lose the plot after drinking too much, that they are basically a good bloke (and he`s about the opposite to racist, i can assure you), i daresay you would stick up for them against somebody who thinks he`s oh-so-clever in jumping to such hateful judgements on the basis of a ninety minute football match.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]I have 100% not retracted any allegations, learn to read, you are making yourself look like a fool![/quote]

Marty, in three of your posts you have stated that the guy in question made racist chants and in two you say he threw objects. Are you still standing by this then? And there is no need to react in such an extreme manner to every post you don`t like- i am not a fool and i have never made out the bloke is "whiter than white" as you claim in an earlier post.

[/quote]I think I have finally sussed it out, you are the guy in question aren''t you?This thread is about behaviour at the Leicester game, all of the things I objected have been discussed and my opinions voiced, but you seemed obsessed about a guy (that may or may not be you) who for the record (and I will get this straight), chanted about there being no dead prostitutes in Ipswich, shouted you f***** C*** to a linesman (who had done nothing wrong) when he was about 3 meters away (continually), ignored a polite steward, called me f***** C*** for no reason and tried to goad me into a fight, I must admit that I didn''t actually understand much else he was shouting, not sure all was in English. If that is you are you proud? This guy was ejected for his behaviour, not much of surpise really.All of the above make for a less than enjoyable football watching experience as far as I am concerned and the gentleman in question should be pretty ashamed of such vile behaviour. Now the other things that occured at Leiceser (as the thread discusses) were racist chanting, fighting and coin throwing, once again I am not such a fan of these activities.I am getting bored of trying to justify my views when people like you have not once significantly condemed any of this behaviour.Also, I think Bury Green (or whatever his name is) was also trying to wind me up by making out I have some sort of sheltered life and the mere mention of mutual respect angered him (not really such an odd concept to most people) when indeed I happen to recall his comments on the 19/02/2008, 11:18 PM, the guy actually enjoys watching fighting in football grounds, well that sums him up. I on the other hand pay good money to watch a game of football, not some p*ssed cretins with 3 brain cells between them batter seven shades of sh*t out of each other, each to his own I suppose, but my activities normally keep me out of prision and my face in tact, so whatever my lifestyle is like, I think it sounds better than that of some simple folk that get off on grown men fighting at football games.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]

You really are like a dog after a bone aren''t you.  If a bloke got drunk at a match in front of his nieces, and swore constantly at the linesman and anyone else who objected to his swearing, I''d think they were scum too.  Even if they were Mother theresa in their usual life, I would form an opinion on the only information to hand.  I find your attempts to extract an apology out of Marty laughable, it''s not like he''s done anything other than offer his opinion on someone who has frankly embarrased themselves, and really should know better as an adult.  I''d would have thought you''d be doing your mate a favour by letting it rest, but no, here you are banging on and on and on...

The space for your last word is below....

[/quote]actually Blah you put the point across better than me (he won''t to your comments though!), but I think it is about time to put this thread to bed, over 10,000 views, impressive, shame it''s about the less enjoyable side of football (IMHO) (insert cheerful winking face here!)I think it''s about time to agree to disagree (Mr Carrow, Green Bury, I luv Chippy n fighting, large Jim, etc), let''s face it, we have different standards and different aspirations (please don''t spoil mine)!No hard feelings, all the best and whatever you do, please don''t stand too close to me at a game (or if you do please remember to be couteous).Now what''s that team I support called now, I''ve forgoten? (they play in yellow I think).good night folks,Dr Marty (feeling all philosophical and looking to a future with more entertaining and football related threads)

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]P.c. Blah? I think you`ll find it was Marty who got upset about a bit of swearing by someone who`d had one too many, in the heat of a frustrating football match. He then made all sorts of allegations against the bloke many of which he has retracted, so who is digging the hole?[/quote]

I have 100% not retracted any allegations, learn to read, you are making yourself look like a fool!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I have finally sussed it out, you are the guy in question aren''t you?

This thread is about behaviour at the Leicester game, all of the things I objected have been discussed and my opinions voiced, but you seemed obsessed about a guy (that may or may not be you) who for the record (and I will get this straight), chanted about there being no dead prostitutes in Ipswich, shouted you f***** C*** to a linesman (who had done nothing wrong) when he was about 3 meters away (continually), ignored a polite steward, called me f***** C*** for no reason and tried to goad me into a fight, I must admit that I didn''t actually understand much else he was shouting, not sure all was in English. If that is you are you proud? This guy was ejected for his behaviour, not much of surpise really.

All of the above make for a less than enjoyable football watching experience as far as I am concerned and the gentleman in question should be pretty ashamed of such vile behaviour.

Now the other things that occured at Leiceser (as the thread discusses) were racist chanting, fighting and coin throwing, once again I am not such a fan of these activities.

I am getting bored of trying to justify my views when people like you have not once significantly condemed any of this behaviour.

Also, I think Bury Green (or whatever his name is) was also trying to wind me up by making out I have some sort of sheltered life and the mere mention of mutual respect angered him (not really such an odd concept to most people) when indeed I happen to recall his comments on the 19/02/2008, 11:18 PM, the guy actually enjoys watching fighting in football grounds, well that sums him up. I on the other hand pay good money to watch a game of football, not some p*ssed cretins with 3 brain cells between them batter seven shades of sh*t out of each other, each to his own I suppose, but my activities normally keep me out of prision and my face in tact, so whatever my lifestyle is like, I think it sounds better than that of some simple folk that get off on grown men fighting at football games.

[/quote]

Marty, i can`t be bothered to make you look a prat and make direct quotes from earlier posts but you DID directly accuse the bloke in question of racist chanting and throwing things.  And i have stated in an earlier post that racist chanting and coin-throwing are utterly indefensible.  Once again it is interesting that for such a supposedly enlightened individual you are quite happy to throw insults around, post in an aggressive manner and jump to extreme and hateful conclusions based on a drunken row in the heat of a frustrating football match.

You are quite entitled to your views but please don`t go around trying to find people to tag with your imagined caricature of a stereotypical thug.  In the real world everyone`s an individual, usually with good and bad points and jumping to extreme conclusions about people can leave you looking a bit daft.  In fact, it`s not dissimilar to the kind of mentality that such things as racism and sexism are founded on.

Mr Carrow, it was not a drunken row, I was totally sober! whilst you may have the decency to condem racist chanting or coin throwing (not sure about fighting), you are not quick to condem this guys behaviour. Now in my humble opinion this guys chants were pretty much on a par with racist chanting in that I deemed them to be pretty sick and not amusing I any way, as for his threatening behaviour, i fail to accept this as acceptible and I doubt it was a one off, therefore why I should I be the one having to make excuses for him attempting to ruin my afternoon?

You act like a thug, you get treated as a thug, simple as that.

Also, the excuse of being frustrated by the game doesn''t wash with me, sometimes work gets to me, I don''t get all abusive to the nearest person though.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Blah, if one of your mates had been labelled a racist, coin-throwing thug, a cretin, moron, neanderthal, prick etc. when you have known them for ten years and you know, despite their tendency to lose the plot after drinking too much, that they are basically a good bloke (and he`s about the opposite to racist, i can assure you), i daresay you would stick up for them against somebody who thinks he`s oh-so-clever in jumping to such hateful judgements on the basis of a ninety minute football match.......[/quote]

Ok, so you disagree with Martys'' description of your good friend of 10 years standing.  Shall we settle for a mysogynist, aggressive, overbearing, foul-mouthed, non-coin-throwing, alcoholic / lightweight (I give the two options there on the basis of no knowing what his tolerance for booze is ), with no concept of the boundaries of taste and decency regarding comments towards those poor drug-addled girls who lost their lives to a psychopath ?

Quite frankly I''d never allow myself to get that badly out of order in front of relatives, let alone in a public place, let alone at 4 in the afternoon.  But everyone is different I guess.  I''d suggest that in future, and if you happen to be about, intervention might help your friend more than defence of his actions after the event.  Someone with this kind of behaviour might have issues they might want to talk about to a good friend who is capable of talking them through.

Has everything been said about this now ?  I hope so - it''s Blackpool at home tomorrow isn''t it ?  Is your mate going ?  I do like to know who to avoid...

[quote user="Marty"]

Mr Carrow, it was not a drunken row, I was totally sober! whilst you may have the decency to condem racist chanting or coin throwing (not sure about fighting), you are not quick to condem this guys behaviour. Now in my humble opinion this guys chants were pretty much on a par with racist chanting in that I deemed them to be pretty sick and not amusing I any way, as for his threatening behaviour, i fail to accept this as acceptible and I doubt it was a one off, therefore why I should I be the one having to make excuses for him attempting to ruin my afternoon?

You act like a thug, you get treated as a thug, simple as that.

Also, the excuse of being frustrated by the game doesn''t wash with me, sometimes work gets to me, I don''t get all abusive to the nearest person though.

[/quote]

I haven`t anywhere said that your actions at the game were wrong or that you should apologise for them. And i have already said that i think the bloke knows he was out of order. What i don`t like is your false claims and nasty character assassination on here of someone you don`t know from adam and i know to be, despite his faults, a good bloke.

Now if i accept the bloke was out of order, being a tit and you were within your rights to have a go at him, can you agree that maybe you cannot judge a person entirely on one bust-up in the fired-up atmosphere of a football match and we can leave it? By the way, i hope no-one spots you singing "the referees a w****r" on saturday........[;)]

It looks like your friend simply needs to avoid alcohol at games in the future Mr. Carrow as it appears to have a detrimental effect on him and others. Perhaps this is what he needs to reflect upon and not the standards of others in their reactions to him when he has rendered himself stupid through drink.

Simple really......!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

It looks like your friend simply needs to avoid alcohol at games in the future Mr. Carrow as it appears to have a detrimental effect on him and others. Perhaps this is what he needs to reflect upon and not the standards of others in their reactions to him when he has rendered himself stupid through drink.

Simple really......!

[/quote]

So you think it`s ok to label someone a racist, coin-throwing thug, a cretin, prick, neanderthal, filth, scum etc, etc, based on him shouting expletives at a lino at a football game and then rowing with someone who objected? I personally think that people who are childish and small-minded enough to jump to such ridiculous assumptions are more deserving of those insults.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Simple really......!

[/quote]

So you think it`s ok to label someone a racist, coin-throwing thug, a cretin, prick, neanderthal, filth, scum etc, etc, based on him shouting expletives at a lino at a football game and then rowing with someone who objected? I personally think that people who are childish and small-minded enough to jump to such ridiculous assumptions are more deserving of those insults.

[/quote]RE paragraph 2 in my quote at 11:18 PM yesterday, those are the accusations I am making and my sentiments about such behaviour are still valid, he should be ashamed (so should you for trying to justify it). You act like scum, you will get labelled scum, simple as that.Give it a rest now will you, you are making yourself look a touch foolish now (like some sort of futile vendetta). The guy may have made a mistake, it may have been a unique occurrence, but how am I supposed to know that? why the hell should I have to endure and tolerate it? I shouldn''t. I''ve had no appology, so why should my opinion based on the observed facts change? So let''s just leave it there please and agree to disagree as I have already requested.I really do wonder if you are either related to this guy or are him? I go to a football match to watch a game of football, not to endure a torrent of verbal diarrhoea off, or get into a scrap with, some some half cut * - I really do question his judgement.Just have a wee dram and give it a rest now, that''s what i''m doing. Slainte mhor!

I honestly don`t think you can see the hypocracy of your stance Marty, and it hasn`t been helped by you exaggerating the situation (which at least you`ve had the honesty to admit).  The world is full of people who get a kick out of making wild assumptions about others based on little evidence in order to make themselves feel superior, so if you feel comfortable being part of that, carry on.

I`m not the bloke in question, but i was (by coincidence) in the same pub as him before the game (Swan and Rushes) but not near him in the ground- i was in the top right of our section. I know his nephew who is at university and thinks very highly of his uncle, who has taken him to footy for years and taught him more about the real world than some stay-at-home p.c. paranoid ever could, and i have met his brother who is happy to entrust his kids (for years now) to this bloke.

You could be the same person, Mr. Carrow as you seem to exhibit the same weakness in not being able to let it go when challenged.

If you are not the same person but drink with him then try to keep him on shandys.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

You could be the same person, Mr. Carrow as you seem to exhibit the same weakness in not being able to let it go when challenged.

If you are not the same person but drink with him then try to keep him on shandys.

[/quote]

Marty has accused someone i know well of being a racist coin-thrower and now retracted it.  He accused me of not condemning such activities and being a fool, when i have clearly and specifically condemned that behavior in a previous post.

I have said that the guy was out of order and that Marty was within his rights to react in the way he did, but that his extreme assumptions about him are wide of the mark, but he does not seem to want to find common ground.  I think it is pretty obvious who is the more confrontational and unreasonable in this debate.......

As for a few people trying to judge a person solely on some chat on an internet message board- either acquire some brain cells or grow up.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Marty has accused someone i know well of being a racist coin-thrower and now retracted it.  He accused me of not condemning such activities and being a fool, when i have clearly and specifically condemned that behavior in a previous post.

I have said that the guy was out of order and that Marty was within his rights to react in the way he did, but that his extreme assumptions about him are wide of the mark, but he does not seem to want to find common ground.  I think it is pretty obvious who is the more confrontational and unreasonable in this debate.......

As for a few people trying to judge a person solely on some chat on an internet message board- either acquire some brain cells or grow up.

[/quote]you simply do not to know when to stop. You accusations are actually incorrect, you selectively read what you want and ignore what you want to ignore.I stick 100% by what I have said and condem all the things I have mentioned in this thread. I have not retracted any comments regarding this incident and my assumptions of this guy are the same as they were when the incident occured. My assumptions are nowhere near as extreme as the vile and nasty behaviour of your so called friend. Now I have decided to stop going on about it but do not like being miss quoted, my stance on this person and his behaviour has not changed one iota. Stop twisting the what I have said, this thread was not only about him and his actions, however I have made my views clear about what went on at this game including the b*llshit I have to endure from this fool. I do not and will not appologise for for implying that he is a moron, cretin, etc. because based on my limted and unfortunate meeting with the guy that is what he behaved like.

So, I think we''ve finally cracked it....

Sober, a decent bloke, good mate and no ''isms obvious.

Drunk, cretinous, moronic and all manner of ''ists.

Do yourself or you mate a favour Mr. Carrow and keep him off the sherbert.