Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Trouble at and after the game

Did any one see any trouble at the game yesterday? Saw it on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/7249241.stm

Not often we have heard about any trouble involving us, there was coin throwing incidents too.

Jesus, we are becoming a hooligan club, we have had a little trouble over the weekend, now we are going to get kicked out of the league or a 10 point deduction, my god what is happening with this club? are we becoming a new Millwall club?

By the way, I''m joking, but this is how is the board is becoming, one good day and we are trhe best, then we can have one bad day and we are the worst team and club in the world.

Stick out tongue [:P]

I notice a middle age lady got hit by an object, shame she looked upset and holding her head. It also appeared that the stewards and police done nothing and were only arresting the ncfc fans. Also anyone see that lad getting carried away by 6 stewards/coppers from what i hear he was asked to sit down but refused unless they made the leicester fans sit. Fair play to him.

[quote user="Badcanary"]

I notice a middle age lady got hit by an object, shame she looked upset and holding her head. It also appeared that the stewards and police done nothing and were only arresting the ncfc fans. Also anyone see that lad getting carried away by 6 stewards/coppers from what i hear he was asked to sit down but refused unless they made the leicester fans sit. Fair play to him.

[/quote]What a bullsh*t argument, i''m not sitting down if they''re not! why don''t people just grow up and do as they are told. I had a prick behind me that kept standing in the gangway, he was asked on numerous occassions politely not to do so, but he was acting like a pathetic spoilt child, so I interveined too! he did eventually get removed for trying to pick a fight with me and calling me and f-ing c over and over again, and no I did nothing to warrant this abuse. I don''t pay £50 to get abuse off morons like this, it puts me and my girlfriend off watching football. Where is the sense of humour that made me proud to be a Norwich fan?The guy that got removed by the police and then chose to go apesh*t when in full view of the Norwich fans is an attention seeking cretin, are people really impresed by these fools?

when will people realise the coin throwers were the drunk norwich fans who were friends of the ginger man who got kicked out. one of them decided to throw some of his benifits at the police chucking his mate out and due to his drunken state completely missed and a shower of 2 and 1 p''s hit a few of the norwich fans at the front. hope this clears it up that it was norwich idiots causing it and i didnt see any leicester fans throwing coins

with love,

beaker

[quote user="Beaker"]

when will people realise the coin throwers were the drunk norwich fans who were friends of the ginger man who got kicked out. one of them decided to throw some of his benifits at the police chucking his mate out and due to his drunken state completely missed and a shower of 2 and 1 p''s hit a few of the norwich fans at the front. hope this clears it up that it was norwich idiots causing it and i didnt see any leicester fans throwing coins

with love,

beaker

[/quote]

Well if this is true that our own fans were the ones throwing coins and hitting our own fans then I find it disgraceful.  They should be very ashamed, NC fans arent like that, I hope those that were arrested yesterday also get a NC ban [:|]

The only trouble I saw was two Norwich fans about to go at it, hit eachother a couple of times on the side of the head and after about 5 mins of a stand off they settled down and carried on watching the game.

i have to say, i was sat 3 or 4 rows behind the lady that got struck and from where we were sat it only seemed that it could have been one of our own fans that threw it...no way could a leicester fan have got that sort of distance. Like someone mentioned, the coin throwing incident happened as one fan was being thrown out, but resisting. so im putting my money on it being a norwich fan aiming for the stewards and police, but missing, and with horrible consequences!

that bad day just got worse and worse as the game progressed! 

Saw the ginger lad getting chcucked out and then there was a small group of city fans  bottom lefyt of our crowd who seemed to be more interested in the Leicester fans than in watching the game. However outside after the match there were a number of Leicester fans rubbing it in big style, you may expect it from kids but one or two were in their 40''s and 50''s. Tried counting to 10 but had to give a bit of verbal back in the end. Funniest thing there was a Leicester slapahead who was so busy trying to wind some city fans out that he walked straight into one of the rubbish bins, after which he was given plenty of stick! Long while since I had been to Leicester, what a hole! We may have lost but it could be worse, we could live there!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beaker"]

with love,

beaker

[/quote]

Well if this is true that our own fans were the ones throwing coins and hitting our own fans then I find it disgraceful.  They should be very ashamed, NC fans arent like that, I hope those that were arrested yesterday also get a NC ban [:|]

[/quote]

I saw coins coming from the Leicester fans, the stewards took Norwich fans out of the crowd but ignored what was going on in the Leicester area. The whole thing was ugly and did no credit to either side, but the stewards must be seen to be addressing the problems with the home fans as well or the situation becomes further inflamed. I`m sure they will have further incidents at the Walker Sadium if they dont address this problem.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beaker"]

with love,

beaker

[/quote]

[/quote]Anyone who thinks that we haven''t got any hooligans is naive to say the least, we may not have as many as the Stokes and Wolves of this world but we have a few and they usually turn out for games such as Leicester.

This should have been a fantastic day out, weather was as good as our form of late, 3000 + fans for the short trip to one of our nearest midlands'' rivals. Even my missus who is a Hammer, came along gladly and was looking forward to the prospect of the continuation of our climb towards the play-offs. Humour was good before the game, plenty of noise and good banter underneath the stand before the game, but as soon as we took our seats it started to decline. There was a small but noticeable element within our numbers, who were probably the worse for a pint too many, there were some really selfish individuals who insisted on standing throughout the game. I heard and challenged people for racist chants such as shouting "P*ki" towards the Leicester fans near the large gentleman drummer and "Where''s your turban gone?".

Back in the refreshment areas, there were  individuals, pint pots in hand, smoking in the toilets throughout the game and some very leary and well lubricated individuals who appeared to spend more or less the whole game propping up the bar during the game and looked like Norfolk''s own ''Headhunters'' firm. There was a very different atmosphere to any game I have been to with Norwich since the bad old 70''s and 80''s era of thuggery and its going to be a long time until me and the missus have another trip away from home together. I sit all over Carrow Rd with exception of the lower Barclay and I have not come across the profile of people I was so irritated and disgusted by yesterday in any area. If they do have a stronghold somewhere at Carrow Road can someone please tell me so that I can avoid it like the plague!

[quote user="Badcanary"]

[/quote]I''ve seen him thrown out at other grounds as well so something tells me he asks for it occasionally and it was only until our fans began applauding him that he started to struggle.I thought the action the police were taking was a complete disgrace. They were only watching and videoing our fans and when Leicester scored their 4th goal their fans began throwing stuff and nothing was done about it from what I saw.

went on train to game yesterday, train l was on packed with big norwich firm, earlier train also. I think its great to see such a big turnout, great for our street cred also. Other clubs think we are a bunch of carrot crunching scarfers, yesterday was a big eye opener for leicester fans! otbc

[quote user="BarclayChuck"][quote user="Badcanary"]

[/quote]I''ve seen him thrown out at other grounds as well so something tells me he asks for it occasionally and it was only until our fans began applauding him that he started to struggle.I thought the action the police were taking was a complete disgrace. They were only watching and videoing our fans and when Leicester scored their 4th goal their fans began throwing stuff and nothing was done about it from what I saw.[/quote]If he has been chucked out before he shouldn''t be allowed to set foot in another football game, I go to watch football and have a laugh, not put up with the neandethal scum.Any rascist chating should also warant instant removal from the ground, as should the so called attempt at humour based on the dead prostitutes from Ipswich that I had to endure by some moron behind me (if that guy is here then i''d love to here his view point - but somehow I doubt he could actually read or write!). This sort of stuff is really not good for our football club, I think us decent fans should play a role in letting these filth know they are not welcome.

Interesting thought - Leicester is not a hole. The main shopping area and leisure area, like the clubs and pubs is very pleasant, it also has a lot of history and a lot to see. It''s no worse than any other of the big cities and i can think of alot of places far worse than Leicester. However, yes, their are some very unpleasant suburbs - name another big city that doesn''t?

Norwich isn''t so brilliant - ive been to places like Bowthorpe, Mile Cross, Earlham etc...

I am glad i didn''t hear any of the racist chanting or shouts, i spend time in Norwich and i wouldn''t expect it from people who always seemed so friendly. Anyway, how is a city that has an Asian population of 30% a town full ***** or whatever the disgusting terminology is?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]went on train to game yesterday, train l was on packed with big norwich firm, earlier train also. I think its great to see such a big turnout, great for our street cred also. Other clubs think we are a bunch of carrot crunching scarfers, yesterday was a big eye opener for leicester fans! otbc[/quote]and that means what? are you condoning the moronic chanting and behaviour of some so called Norwich fans? I could give a monkeys about any "firm" or what clubs think of our "carrot crunching" reputation - grow up!

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="BarclayChuck"][quote user="Badcanary"]

[/quote]

I''ve seen him thrown out at other grounds as well so something tells me he asks for it occasionally and it was only until our fans began applauding him that he started to struggle.
I thought the action the police were taking was a complete disgrace. They were only watching and videoing our fans and when Leicester scored their 4th goal their fans began throwing stuff and nothing was done about it from what I saw.
[/quote]

If he has been chucked out before he shouldn''t be allowed to set foot in another football game, I go to watch football and have a laugh, not put up with the neandethal scum.
Any rascist chating should also warant instant removal from the ground, as should the so called attempt at humour based on the dead prostitutes from Ipswich that I had to endure by some moron behind me (if that guy is here then i''d love to here his view point - but somehow I doubt he could actually read or write!). This sort of stuff is really not good for our football club, I think us decent fans should play a role in letting these filth know they are not welcome.
[/quote]

without being funny... are you going to stamp out this in every walk of life.... most of these examples are social problems not football related problems!!!

i was witnessing all of this.... and i was standing..(im not going to argue about it, its football and helps the atmosphere, and yesterday proved it... nearly all the chants and singing came from the standing people, your foolish if you think otherwise) but leicester fans met a city firm (yes a city firm) outside the train station.... and i know they pre-arranged fights in the city centre, as i heard them arranging it on the train, which was as someone mentioned packed by this city firm....  im afraid every club has them!!!

The coins WERE thrown by leicester and city fans....(yes both) as again i pointed this out to mates as it happened.... and one last point......

how many of you so called "fans" stayed till the end....??? because frankly i was more appalled that the minute the 3rd goal went in our so called "fans" got up (off their arses i might add) and left, Fans?? fans??? grow up.... im sorry to say it, but with 20 minutes to go, your hardly football or norwich fans..... as the chant that i started towards the end of the game stated...... NORWICH TILL I DIE!!! and that means through thick and thin................ not leaving at 3-0 down because your getting cold.....!!!

Yesterday was my first ever league away match, and it will probably be my last for a while. I went with family and them and I were put right off, not just by the result but mainly by the behaviour of a minority of the Norwich support. From the amount of posts on here about it I gather it''s not always the same at all away matches? I posted the following in another thread but I will repeat it anyway:The lads in front of me were more concerned with gesturing to the home fans (who were miles away) than watching the match, and spent most of the time blocking my view inconsiderately standing. The

bloke behind me was clearly drunk, in the wrong seat, and was chanting

things such as "you''re just a small town in India" and "1-0, and your name

is Singh". Someone challenged him about his behaviour to which he

claimed he was being "constructive". He left with 17 mins to go in the

1st half "to go for a p*ss"; and didn''t return. Are disgusting people like that

made of money to go and watch 28 mins of football, most of which they

probably can''t remember due to the amount of alcohol they''ve consumed?

Didn''t make the day any more enjoyable on top of the awful result.I''m pleased we were sitting over to the right side near the Leicester family end. It seemed like most of the problems and ejections were occuring over to the left where all the (idle) police were.

Coin throwing seems to g back a while between Norwich and Leicester.... not sure why. About 1980 I''d started to stand in the River End as my soon to be Mrs wanted to start tagging along (mistake lads - take note). However the River End was already full when we arrived so along with hundreds of others we were marched along the front of the South Stand and placed into the centre of the old Barclay, inside the wired area designed to keep the two sets of fans apart. A few scarves got burnt either side, same old, same old.... but then some sharpened coins were thrown from the Leicester side. This resulted in a gate being opened to allow us to escape the trouble but the Barclay poured in so the fans were then face to face. The Leicester fans moved back (they had the room) about 10 feet from their side of the fence where''as our stoopid lot were trying to climb up it..... not an easy way to return fire durrrr..... A lot of Norwich fans were therefore hurt in this not overly smart tactical manouvreObviously I remember the odd coin and even darts being thrown to and from the Barclay, but this was the worst I''d seen. It was then repeated at the olf Filbert St the following season Which was a nasty place to get away from in those days - I haven''t been to the Walker Stadium). Especially as there were only about 200 of us used to travel on a regular basis.As far as standing goes, to stand in the walkways is just stupid and asking for trouble, but I dont think you can blame fans who want to stand in the seating areas. I''ll try not to if I''ve got ''little people'' behind me but I''ll stand whenever i can. And yes, if the Leicester fans were being allowed to stand then I would have supported the guy too, as you all should have done. You want to sit down go and sit in the family enclosure. Stop trying to turn football into something it isn''t.......dull. Its about excitement and passion.... and that includes getting wound up.... even when we endured all that rubbish under Worthington, Hamilton et al.... it was worth going just to let off steam at management, players especially and occasionally fans around us. Now all I can do is beat my dog(put 1st note), wife and kids sensless every weekend....... usually win though..... :)

[quote user="Patrick Boyle s Toenail Clippings"] Yesterday was my first ever league away match, and it will probably be my last for a while. I went with family and them and I were put right off, not just by the result but mainly by the behaviour of a minority of the Norwich support. From the amount of posts on here about it I gather it''s not always the same at all away matches? I posted the following in another thread but I will repeat it anyway:The lads in front of me were more concerned with gesturing to the home fans (who were miles away) than watching the match, and spent most of the time blocking my view inconsiderately standing. The bloke behind me was clearly drunk, in the wrong seat, and was chanting things such as "you''re just a small town in India" and "1-0, and your name is Singh". Someone challenged him about his behaviour to which he claimed he was being "constructive". He left with 17 mins to go in the 1st half "to go for a p*ss"; and didn''t return. Are disgusting people like that made of money to go and watch 28 mins of football, most of which they probably can''t remember due to the amount of alcohol they''ve consumed? Didn''t make the day any more enjoyable on top of the awful result.I''m pleased we were sitting over to the right side near the Leicester family end. It seemed like most of the problems and ejections were occuring over to the left where all the (idle) police were.[/quote]

That is a shame but I can assure you this is quite rare, I travel to some away games and have for years and this was probably the worst for fan behaviour, I hope it is a one off. I have no time for organised football trouble and anyone who does is a wast of oxygen and should be banned for life, this club is know for it''s good support and let''s keep it this way.

rather funny how you lot call wolves yobs then you do this

irony hey may shut few people up who said they had a pie chucked at them at wolves

hmmm a pie or a coin in your face, go with the pie any time!!!

lets face it everyteam has few idiots, some more than others yes agreed wolves do have more than norwich, but your no perfect angels

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Patrick Boyle s Toenail Clippings"]Yesterday was my first ever league away match, and it will probably be my last for a while. I went with family and them and I were put right off, not just by the result but mainly by the behaviour of a minority of the Norwich support. From the amount of posts on here about it I gather it''s not always the same at all away matches? I posted the following in another thread but I will repeat it anyway:The lads in front of me were more concerned with gesturing to the home fans (who were miles away) than watching the match, and spent most of the time blocking my view inconsiderately standing. The bloke behind me was clearly drunk, in the wrong seat, and was chanting things such as "you''re just a small town in India" and "1-0, and your name is Singh". Someone challenged him about his behaviour to which he claimed he was being "constructive". He left with 17 mins to go in the 1st half "to go for a p*ss"; and didn''t return. Are disgusting people like that made of money to go and watch 28 mins of football, most of which they probably can''t remember due to the amount of alcohol they''ve consumed? Didn''t make the day any more enjoyable on top of the awful result.I''m pleased we were sitting over to the right side near the Leicester family end. It seemed like most of the problems and ejections were occuring over to the left where all the (idle) police were.[/quote]

That is a shame but I can assure you this is quite rare, I travel to some away games and have for years and this was probably the worst for fan behaviour, I hope it is a one off. I have no time for organised football trouble and anyone who does is a wast of oxygen and should be banned for life, this club is know for it''s good support and let''s keep it this way.

[/quote]

I agree totally with your thoughts,  all clubs have their little childish bands of thugs, wont call them fans because they clearly aren''t.  Most of us all love the banter between fans, however I draw the line at throwing coins or any other object, or hurling abuse, racist or otherwise.  You know what, we NC fans are better than that !!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

irony hey may shut few people up who said they had a pie chucked at them at wolves

lets face it everyteam has few idiots, some more than others yes agreed wolves do have more than norwich, but your no perfect angels

[/quote]

to put this into perspective it is exceedingly rare as far as I know, that is why many of us true fans are so perturbed by such behaviour.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

The difference is ours may be done once a season, from what I have seen. Yours happens everygame and more than likely every day, because Wolverhampton is the worst place in the world. I still in 20 years of supporting us, have seen maybe 1-2 incidents, thats pretty much every home game and some away games, the worse funny enough was at Wolves when my dad and me were being chased by a pack of yobs, throwing bottles and bricks at us for a good half mile, because we were wearing our colours. Never seen that in Norwich have you?

To be fair many of them are fans and have been watching Norwich for years. I don''t generally buy this hooligans are not fans line. Different people express their support in different ways.

And before I get slated i''m not condoning any fighting or violence in the name of NCFC.

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]we8wba, wolves fans are dirty ba....ds, they come at you from behind when you least expect it, always been the same, cowards with no bottle![/quote]

answer my response to your previous post, are you implying that football trouble is in anyway good and enhances our reputation, because that I what it sounds like you are implying, please put me straight if not?

It''s a shame a few people have mentioned that they won''t go away again for a while, but to be honest there were about 700-800 people there on Saturday who don''t go to away games apart from once a season. This isn''t the norm. Ususally I can wander around the ground before and after the game with no problem whatsoever. Saturday had an atmosphere I haven''t seen for a while but was casued by loads of lads I have never seen before! The ususal lads I thought were our troublesome lot left before I had. I drove past them as they were walking to the station!

Don''t let this put you off going away. However, the atmosphere isn''t always like that either. Bury was dead and I don''t think we mustered more than 3 songs all night!

To the lad who who seems to think that staying to the end means that you are a REAL fan!!! Get a life! I''ve only left early twice in the time I have been going to football. One was with 10 minutes left at Luton when we were 4-0 down at half time, and the other was on Saturday. Getting out of Leicester is a nightmare after the game, so I went early and was home by 7.30. It is not a reflection on what a bad supporter I am because I decided that watching the next 10 minutes wasn''t going to be much fun. In fact, I bet you went by coach so you had no choice BUT to stay. Real fans are those that go despite how well we are doing. 3000 turned up on Saturday, but there would have been 1000 less had we not have been on the 13 game unbeaten run.

As for the troble, Norwich and Leicester have had a history for years. I remember stand-offs at the Clarence Harbour after games back in the 90''s. I''m sure 95% of those involved won''t be at Watford.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]we8wba, wolves fans are dirty ba....ds, they come at you from behind when you least expect it, always been the same, cowards with no bottle![/quote]

answer my response to your previous post, are you implying that football trouble is in anyway good and enhances our reputation, because that I what it sounds like you are implying, please put me straight if not?

[/quote]

I''m with you on this, Marty.  If this is what this idiot is advocating can the moderators chuck him off the board.  I''ve lived through the nonsense that we had to put up with in the 70''s and 80''s and had hoped that all this was a thing of the past.  If anyone in anyway thinks that having a ''firm'' or advocating violence is anything to do with football then they should go back to the playpen immediately.