Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Is Iliev a Muslim?

Cant wait for all the moaning Ramadan nonsense again....... Will you all be whining when he gets picked for Bulgaria?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Cant wait for all the moaning Ramadan nonsense again....... Will you all be whining when he gets picked for Bulgaria?
[/quote]

No.....Just ''ickle old you''......

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Cant wait for all the moaning Ramadan nonsense again....... Will you all be whining when he gets picked for Bulgaria?
[/quote]

12.2% of the population of Bulgaria is Muslim.

He has not signed yet.

thank you.

I don''t think so, though Iliev sounds a bit like an Eastern European version of Ilyas............

Nearly 10% of the country are of Turkish descent so that would take a huge chunk out of the 12% who are Muslim. Valentin Iliev does not sound very Turkish to me.

[quote user="kick it off"]Im not certain but i dont think bulgaria is renowned for being a muslim country is it?
[/quote]

You are spot on , the religious affiliations are Orthodox 84%  Muslim12% others 4% the Muslims are easy to Identify  , because (now I have to be careful here ) they are mostly from the Romany element who have a darker complexion than the other Bulgarians .arrdee.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I don''t think so, though Iliev sounds a bit like an Eastern European version of Ilyas............[/quote]

I have no idea.  It''s a derivative of Elijah.

12%Well done... not such a long shot then..... it borders Turkey after allYou think Roeder knows the answer?

[/quote]

all the bulgarians i know would be very offended by that

after years of being opressed as part of the ottoman empire

[quote user="sydneysider"]I expect Boris might know[/quote]

Of course he is not muslim!

There is muslims because we are under Turks for long period until 1878 also we have border with Turkey but they leave on specifick regions mostly + not played more than 10-15 Muslims in all Bulgarian Premiere league.

Levski have one gipsy and one coach Turk CSKA not have any :)

Iliev is born in Vratsa North Bulgaria if some one remember England Under 21 played in this town 7-9 years ago qulification with Bulgaria I was on this game remember that Heiden Mullins played for England on that night who was at Palace these days.

Also he played some years in Zaporojie Ukraine.

Iliev father is ex cska and national team legend goalkeeper Ilia Valov.

Hope this delay on transfer not to come some one in last moment (last year Wigan at 11th hour take David Cotterill from us)and we to need other target:/

Also must Roeder know that Iliev have 1 training session and it is only running for last 1 month so normally the condition just know not to be best.

[quote user="All in Yellow"]Does anyone actually care if he''s Muslim or not? I certainly don''t. What difference does it make?[/quote]

Believe me, a lot, I''m sick of them!.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And what about Christians?

[/quote]

The last time I checked, England was an Christian County, your point?.[:|]

1st Wizard

"The last time I checked, England was an Christian County, your point?.Indifferent [:|]"

No Mate

England is actually a country not a county.

And it is not secular Christian... it is multi faith... therefore discrimination through religion is rightly against the law. Judging by your comments you obviously dont understand very much about these diversity issues. Shame because it makes this country a better place.

He can be Rastafarian, Hindu or Mormon for all I care as long as he can kick a ball.

Players religions or faiths are not OUR business.

This whole post is a very poor reflection on us as supporters.

Look out, I feel a heated discussion coming on...

Indeed the UK is secular, one of the most secular in the world and all the better for it if you ask me. Only 38% believe in a God.

And yes I don''t care what religion anyone is.

Oh, so the spelling police picks me up on the omission of the letter ''r'' from one of my words, well done you!. But be alert, because I do it all the time matey. 

And as for making this country a better place, recent crime figures do not agree with that statement.

Next.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And what about Christians?

[/quote]

The last time I checked, England was an Christian County, your point?.[:|]

[/quote]

thats open to debate.. Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans.... if anything this country is roman Catholic for the majority... trace ur ancestorial roots back and see.

jas :)

[quote user="sydneysider"]I expect Boris might know[/quote]he is his stalker??bessides, i dont care if he is muslim, catholic, jewish or atheist, football is the religion....and thats the game he plays....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can we keep these religeous threads off the main threads please mods?  They are really not relevant to football [:|][/quote]They were when everyone blamed Safri for not playing during Ramadan. The fact that he declared himself fit to play and it was the coaching staff who decided against playing hime seemed to matter little.So I''d say its relevant to quite a lot of ''fans'' judging by the fuss they made.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can we keep these religeous threads off the main threads please mods?  They are really not relevant to football [:|][/quote]They were when everyone blamed Safri for not playing during Ramadan. The fact that he declared himself fit to play and it was the coaching staff who decided against playing hime seemed to matter little.So I''d say its relevant to quite a lot of ''fans'' judging by the fuss they made.[/quote]And said supposed ''manager'' (Peter Grant).....