Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Is Iliev a Muslim?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can we keep these religeous threads off the main threads please mods?  They are really not relevant to football [:|][/quote]

They were when everyone blamed Safri for not playing during Ramadan. The fact that he declared himself fit to play and it was the coaching staff who decided against playing hime seemed to matter little.

So I''d say its relevant to quite a lot of ''fans'' judging by the fuss they made.
[/quote]

agreed!

everyone blamed Ramadan for Safris fitness yet overlooked the facts... 1. Ramadan is in winter, and dictates that Muslims cannot consume food during daylight hours...  In britain in a freezing cold november it gets light at 9am and dark at 3pm... Saffers could of got up at 8am and stuffed his face for the day ahead if he had really wanted, with energy foods... as for midweek evening games... a bit of grub at 3:30 isnt going to affect him in a game 4 hours later... lack of education for the fans

2. Many African Nations have Muslim citizens... Many of these citizens take part in sport... when it comes to long ditsance running/marathons  its these Muslim nations and Athletes that dominate... not affected by Ramadan.

3. Muhammad Ali, perhaps the greatest Sportsman of them all in the eyes of some, was a Muslim... he never flagged in the ring, never lost energy to not eating etc... he was at his physical peak for years.... not affected by Ramadan.

If people opened thier eyes to blind fact and evidence they would see that People have been taking part in Ramadan for thousands of years... almost as long as people have been taking part in sport.. they prepare for sport in the right way.. knowing what they can and cant do,.... Ramadan will not affect ANY sportsman/woman as they know how to adapt to it every year.

Im surpised the same uneducated people dont wonder why the game isnt stopped for prayers halfway through!

jas :)

[quote user="JanBlazak"]

1st Wizard

"The last time I checked, England was an Christian County, your point?.Indifferent [:|]"

No Mate

England is actually a country not a county.

And it is not secular Christian... it is multi faith... therefore discrimination through religion is rightly against the law. Judging by your comments you obviously dont understand very much about these diversity issues. Shame because it makes this country a better place.

He can be Rastafarian, Hindu or Mormon for all I care as long as he can kick a ball.

Players religions or faiths are not OUR business.

This whole post is a very poor reflection on us as supporters.

[/quote]

Here Here!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Can we keep these religeous threads off the main threads please mods?  They are really not relevant to football [:|][/quote]

They were when everyone blamed Safri for not playing during Ramadan. The fact that he declared himself fit to play and it was the coaching staff who decided against playing hime seemed to matter little.

So I''d say its relevant to quite a lot of ''fans'' judging by the fuss they made.
[/quote]

Agreed!

JazakAllah Khayr Akhie

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And what about Christians?

[/quote].....don''t get me started on them......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Oh, so the spelling police picks me up on the omission of the letter ''r'' from one of my words, well done you!. But be alert, because I do it all the time matey. 

And as for making this country a better place, recent crime figures do not agree with that statement.

Next.

[/quote]Surprised at you missing that letter wiz coz you normally talk out of your r''s.   [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And as for making this country a better place, recent crime figures do not agree with that statement.

Next.

[/quote]

Yes because all crime is committed by those dirty foreign types isn''t it, there is not a white face to be found in our prison system is their Wiz - truly pathetic. Stick to what you know and just keep hexing.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And what about Christians?

[/quote]

The last time I checked, England was an Christian County, your point?.[:|]

[/quote]

i have seen you write some ridiculous statements, wiz, but that goes beyond a joke. this is not a christian country, it is a country that has some christians in it. we have a population of ,say, 60 million, out of that i would hazard a guess that only about 1 million regularly go to church every sunday, thats hardly a majority now is it. and as for insinuating that all of the wrongs of this world is down to people not following the ''good'' book is a repulsive thought, it is quite the opposite in fact as the majority of all conflicts are caused by people fighting over who they think believes in the better fairy tale. i hate it when religious types infer that all of our morals come from christian teachings, i have never commited any serious crime but it is not because i follow some made-up, all powerful being, it is because i simply know right from wrong. and before you add that we have just celebrated christmas, therefore we must all be christians, dont get me started, we have just celebrated an ancient winter festival that preceeded christianity by thousands of years but was hijacked by the church to make the masses conform. i would go into more details but i haven''t got the time right now.

you should of all people know better as surely all of your hexes you seem to give out all the time are based on pagen beliefs which the christian church tried to stamp out 1,000 years ago.   

sorry, rant over. for now  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

agreed!

everyone blamed Ramadan for Safris fitness yet overlooked the facts... 1. Ramadan is in winter, and dictates that Muslims cannot consume food during daylight hours...  In britain in a freezing cold november it gets light at 9am and dark at 3pm... Saffers could of got up at 8am and stuffed his face for the day ahead if he had really wanted, with energy foods... as for midweek evening games... a bit of grub at 3:30 isnt going to affect him in a game 4 hours later... lack of education for the fans

2. Many African Nations have Muslim citizens... Many of these citizens take part in sport... when it comes to long ditsance running/marathons  its these Muslim nations and Athletes that dominate... not affected by Ramadan.

3. Muhammad Ali, perhaps the greatest Sportsman of them all in the eyes of some, was a Muslim... he never flagged in the ring, never lost energy to not eating etc... he was at his physical peak for years.... not affected by Ramadan.

If people opened thier eyes to blind fact and evidence they would see that People have been taking part in Ramadan for thousands of years... almost as long as people have been taking part in sport.. they prepare for sport in the right way.. knowing what they can and cant do,.... Ramadan will not affect ANY sportsman/woman as they know how to adapt to it every year.

Im surpised the same uneducated people dont wonder why the game isnt stopped for prayers halfway through!

[/quote]

Ha! And you call other people "uneducated"?

What would it matter?

Religion, as far as I can see, doesnt change playing style or potential...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

agreed!

[/quote]

1. Ramadan is not always in winter.

Ramadan: September 13 - October 11, 2007
Ramadan: September 1 - September 29, 2008
Ramadan: August 21 - September 19, 2009
Ramadan: August 11 - September 8, 2010
Ramadan: August 1 - August 29, 2011

3. Did Muhammad Ali actually win a title fight during Ramadan?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

agreed!

[/quote]

[/quote]

whats unedcuated about my observations of Ramadan and Muslims? Im sure Salahuddin would agree with my points?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

What would it matter?

Religion, as far as I can see, doesnt change playing style or potential...

[/quote]Didn''t read the thread did you......tsk tsk

How can you be an agnostic and an atheist, I''m afraid that is illogical.

Atheist: Someone who denies the existance of a God or gods and believes there is no controlling or creating higher power

Agnostic, someone who is undecided on the issue, would need definitive proof before getting off the fence!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

agreed!

[/quote]

[/quote]

whats unedcuated about my observations of Ramadan and Muslims? Im sure Salahuddin would agree with my points?

[/quote]

Apart from no.1 as Ramadan does move, next year it begins at the beginning of September, this year it was half way through.

But the other points are spot on!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Atheist: Someone who denies the existance of a God or gods and believes there is no controlling or creating higher power

Agnostic, someone who is undecided on the issue, would need definitive proof before getting off the fence!

[/quote]

Oh, alright then........I''m an ''Ironicist''.......[:|]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

Not quite correct I''m afraid.

Theism and Atheism concern themselves with belief. A ''theist'' believes in God/s, while an ''Atheist'' lacks that belief (which is different from "denying the existance of"), just like an ''Asexual'' organism lacks sexual organs or an Amoral person lacks morals.

Gnostism (from the Greek ''gnosis, meaning knowledge) deals with claims of knowledge. If you are ''gnostic'' you claim that it is possible to find out the attributes of God, while if you are ''agnostic'' you claim that knowing anything of God (whether he exists, what haircut he has etc) is impossible.

They aren''t 2 points on the same scale, they are two entirely different axis. Its possible to be an agnostic theist, an agnostic athiest or any combination bar gnostic atheist (unless you want severe cognitive dissonance).

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

Oh, alright then........I''m an ''Ironicist''.......[:|]

[/quote]

LOL Excellent