Sign in to follow this  
ave- we8wba-gota-life

how many players in our squad do you think are worth a million??

No one is worth a million on current form. Our team consists of rejects from scotland and players who have all passed their prime. This is were PG went wrong, getting in no up and coming players in.

Right now, we''re looking at bargain basement prices for our players.  However, if a manager comes in and gets the team winning a few games, you will see interest and valuations start to rise in the players.It has been suggested that Marshall was signed for around a million, if his Scotland colleague is worth 9 million, he''s easily worth one.  Shackell and Drury are on long contracts, so I doubt we would sell them for less than 500k, but a million would be stretching it.  If Brown / Martin / Strihavka could get into the team for a run and put 15 goals away this season, any of them would be worth a million.  That might not be possible if a Hartson / Cureton partnership becomes the way forward once Cureton becomes fit again.  Croft could become worth a million if he starts to perform in a team that can win matches.  It could all turn around quickly once a new man comes in.How many of you thought we''d get 1.5 million for Etuhu ?And how many of you would complain if we sold any players for over a million ?  We''d be selling our best players again, after all.

Quite a few I''d suggest of we had access to their bank details......but player value wise...a million at best.

I think Marshall is more or less in the £1mil bracket, given the way the market is these days.

I think if the team were playing well and individually they were playing well then Doherty, Hucks and Crofty would just about stretch to £1mil. Fair enough Hucks is in his 30s now but he''s still a player who teams might take a gamble on if he''s got the right fitness and form.

Doherty might just about be our most valuable outfield player at the moment. He''s played at a higher level (club and country) than most of the lads in the squad and therefore he''s a more established name. And he''s also the right side of 30.

I guess we''ll have to wait and see what Strihavka is like after a few months more in English football before we he know his worth. Have to be fair and  give the lad a chance.

Yeah no. 13 are definately worth a million and the club don''t realise. Otherwise they would have sold them long down the river. Or have they already?

how i value the squad:

Marshall- 1m

Otsemobor- 750k

Drury- 600k

Shacks-750k

Hucks-500k

Crofty-600k

Brellier-400k

Dion-10m!!!

Curo-600k

Chadders- 250k

Gilks- 250k???

Brown- 750k

Murray- 200k

Fozzy- 450k

Hartson-300k

Smith-1m

Lappin-800k

Russell-600k

Gallacher-50k

Strihavka-500k

Jarvis-250k

Jarvis-250k

Eagle- 250k

Doc-400k

Spillane- 500k

Martin-500k

[quote user="OliverAllan"]

how i value the squad:

Marshall- 1m

Otsemobor- 750k

Drury- 600k

Shacks-750k

Hucks-500k

Crofty-600k

Brellier-400k

Dion-10m!!!

Curo-600k

Chadders- 250k

Gilks- 250k???

Brown- 750k

Murray- 200k

Fozzy- 450k

Hartson-300k

Smith-1m

Lappin-800k

Russell-600k

Gallacher-50k

Strihavka-500k

Jarvis-250k

Jarvis-250k

Eagle- 250k

Doc-400k

Spillane- 500k

Martin-500k

[/quote]so in your view lappin has increased in value since we signed him,god someone punch my lights out

Strihavka needs a run of games and i have no doubt he will be our most valuable player along with Brellier. (Brellier is only on a 2 year contract though. I do not want to lose him - he is a very good player but hasnt settled yet. I can just see him doing 2 years being sold to a rival and playing blindingly!!!!

Just to note: i saw my little brothers football manager and they are generally pretty acurate i believe they had Hucks and Brellier as the only players in our squad worth over a million.

[quote user="shortfatb"]Marshall and Martin maybe.[/quote]

an error prone flapper and the next Ryan Jarvis.. i think not!

none of the squad are worth a million

jas :)