Sign in to follow this  
Jamie D

Does Singing "What a load of rubbish" help the players??

So as soon as Sheff Weds score so called supporters start singing "What a load of rubbish" does that really help the team especially the young players. Then they start singing "I am City till I die" well that should mean getting behind your team through thick and thin. I am as upset as the next supporter but yesterdays performance from the supporters was as bad as the teams efforts. Some supporters wanted the youngsters in and then get on the teams back as soon as our backs are against the wall.

12 months on NCFC maybe in a worse positon in the table but potenially we have a better team so lets get behind them whatever the situation. It is not the players fault that their old teammates have left or that suspensions and injuries have all happened in the first two months of the season. So like the Leicester City home game last season lets all get behind the team for the full 90 minutes, not just on Tuesday night, but for every home game this season - whatever the score.

The fans who booed and sang "What a load of rubbish" should be ashamed of themselves!!

Come on you Yellows - We are all in this together and all supporters should play their part in helping to turn this bad situation around  

No I don''t suppose it does.  It''s a statement of the bleeding obvious, and you can bet the players are only too well aware that they''re not performing.  But Peter Grant on Radio Norfolk this morning said he had no problem with it, and when it happened at Wolves the other week Mick McCarthy said he''d have done it too if he''d paid to get in. 

Unfortunately we''re way beyond the stage where the fans have the slightest influence over the course of events, except possibly by staying away.

I consider myself a very  loyal fan and I always back the team at EVERY game BUT I am not about to stick my head in the sand and ignore what is going on in front of my very eyes.   I sang ''what a load of rubbish'' and ''Are you watching Delia'' and that doesnt make me a disgrace and nor anyone else who sang it, it just makes us a very concerned bunch of  fans who have no other way of showing there opinions.

Its not like we started singing that from the 1st minute.......they had 75 bloody minutes to impress us and once again they bloody well failed us all.  You sit there and cheer on that rubbish if you like but the rest of us want the club to know we wont take it for much longer.

I don''t think they should be ashamed of themselves at all..... They have every right to chant that, as you have every right to chant whatever you like. The performance we witnessed on saturday was not even close to acceptable. Something has to be done!

[quote user="Jamie D"]

So as soon as Sheff Weds score so called supporters start singing "What a load of rubbish" does that really help the team especially the young players. Then they start singing "I am City till I die" well that should mean getting behind your team through thick and thin. I am as upset as the next supporter but yesterdays performance from the supporters was as bad as the teams efforts. Some supporters wanted the youngsters in and then get on the teams back as soon as our backs are against the wall.

12 months on NCFC maybe in a worse positon in the table but potenially we have a better team so lets get behind them whatever the situation. It is not the players fault that their old teammates have left or that suspensions and injuries have all happened in the first two months of the season. So like the Leicester City home game last season lets all get behind the team for the full 90 minutes, not just on Tuesday night, but for every home game this season - whatever the score.

The fans who booed and sang "What a load of rubbish" should be ashamed of themselves!!

Come on you Yellows - We are all in this together and all supporters should play their part in helping to turn this bad situation around  

[/quote]

That corner will soon be full of "silly boys" at this rate..........

Juvenile bilge.

we should be singing for the players not against...i will happily protest against THE BOARD! and the manager but never ever towards the players....i know its them who should be playing but it wouldn''t help the sing what aload of rubbish and stand up if the football sh**

[quote user="Jamie D"]

[/quote]How else are the fans meant to express themselves ? applausing politely Cahedral lounge stylee whilst saying oh dear never mind there is always next week !I have never booed the side at any game I have attended and I  dont feel that boycotting games or pre match protests helps a great deal either but vocal opinion of the masses in the ground cannot be ignored.If we are witnessing poor effort and dire performance after forking out good money there is every right to let our highly paid side and management know that we are are displeased to say the least.They know if they have underperformed and it does no harm to let them know of our displeasure.Yes the side needs support and I like all fans want to support and sing the roof down positively but give us something to support like attractive football maybe and some hope that div one isnt warming its fires to welcome us in !

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Jamie D"]

[/quote]

Juvenile bilge.

[/quote]

Unlike the OAP drivel you come out with, if your not over 30 and you say something then your a fool, juvenile and a stupid ejit.

Yes. it helps them no end, as they should then realise that losing 1-0 to the bottom team in the league should in itself be a sufficient kick up their @rses that they would deserve.

Still, at least after conceding the goal we did all we could to bombard Sheff Wed to try to force a result from the game.

[quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Jamie D"]

[/quote]

Juvenile bilge.

[/quote]

Unlike the OAP drivel you come out with, if your not over 30 and you say something then your a fool, juvenile and a stupid ejit.

[/quote]

Very mature I must say...and my case perfectly proven....

Silly Billy.....off you go now.......

It probably doesnt.

But seeing as we are partly responsible for paying the over inflated wages of these walking ego''s then we have a right to tell them when they are playing crap.  The only way we can do that is by chanting from the stands.  What would you suggest, we write them a nice letter.....

[quote user="ricky knight"]Supporters pay there money and are entitled to vent their anger and be fair at the moment city are rubbish.[/quote]

agreed... these people still support the club but are making their feelings known...

the people who say that "supporters are meant to support" are the sort of people who would buy a car then not take it to be repaired when the wheel falls off... "We paid for it so we are happy with it... Consumers Consume!"

jas :)

[quote user="ricky knight"]Supporters pay there money and are entitled to vent their anger and be fair at the moment city are rubbish.[/quote]

This is very true Ricky but it doesn''t answer the question.

We should be chanting we want Delia out as we did with Chase all them years ago, it would be far more appropriate.

Does playing rubbish help the fans?You pay your money to watch the game I think it''s fair to voice your opinion.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

This is very true Ricky but it doesn''t answer the question.

[/quote]

Ok it probably does not help there and then but eventually supporters will get their own way, if enough turn on Grant he is gone.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

It probably doesnt.

But seeing as we are partly responsible for paying the over inflated wages of these walking ego''s then we have a right to tell them when they are playing crap.  The only way we can do that is by chanting from the stands.  What would you suggest, we write them a nice letter.....

[/quote]

They play football for a living. I''m pretty sure they know when they''re ''not doing it''.

Looking on from where I sit , it doesn''t look like an ego is their problem (although maybe Hux is an exception there) , more their shattered confidence as a team.

Of course everyone can voice their frustrated opinion on the club - the football played - the players  - the manager, but aren''t we all supposed to be Norwich City SUPPORTERS ?! 

While a game is on and our team goes off level at halftime , is BOOing gonna help them get a result ? (They''d been playing decent stuff too compared with other weeks  -keeping possession....not hoofing it aimlessly forward but playing backwards to open up play .... trying again patiently)

When Sheffield Wednesday scored, and lets face it, it wasn''t a surprise at that point...is SCREAMING at the team you support WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH gonna help them get back into the game ?

Yeah, you''ve shelled out a lot of money to watch that and other inept displays so you feel you''ve got the right.....

But it isn''t telling the team what they don''t already know, and what they patently are lacking amongst other things is CONFIDENCE.

During the game, getting on the team''s & individual players backs will not help them get any better or inspire them to overturn a deficit, let alone win. 

It is in my mature, (at nearly 37 years old - oh & I''ve a good education, wife , children , house and responsible job thanks Cluck&Others) opinion that it is an absolute disgrace to BOO and chant WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH at your team while they can still change the outcome of a game. To CHEER Brown''s substitution was disgusting especially given his efforts Saturday afternoon.

IF you did the above, you''re no supporter in my book.

If you want to vent your frustrations and anger at what is going on then perhaps the smart thing to do is to do it after the result.

Not during a game.

Support your bloody team you self indulgent losers.....

Ironic that you''re getting the performances you wholly deserve at the moment isn''t it ?

Are the two connected...of course they are !

I , unsurprisingly , am with you on this Jamie D.

Cue the usual suspects.....................

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="jimmy500"]

It probably doesnt.

[/quote]

They play football for a living. I''m pretty sure they know when they''re ''not doing it''.

Looking on from where I sit , it doesn''t look like an ego is their problem (although maybe Hux is an exception there) , more their shattered confidence as a team.

Of course everyone can voice their frustrated opinion on the club - the football played - the players  - the manager, but aren''t we all supposed to be Norwich City SUPPORTERS ?! 

While a game is on and our team goes off level at halftime , is BOOing gonna help them get a result ? (They''d been playing decent stuff too compared with other weeks  -keeping possession....not hoofing it aimlessly forward but playing backwards to open up play .... trying again patiently)

When Sheffield Wednesday scored, and lets face it, it wasn''t a surprise at that point...is SCREAMING at the team you support WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH gonna help them get back into the game ?

Yeah, you''ve shelled out a lot of money to watch that and other inept displays so you feel you''ve got the right.....

But it isn''t telling the team what they don''t already know, and what they patently are lacking amongst other things is CONFIDENCE.

During the game, getting on the team''s & individual players backs will not help them get any better or inspire them to overturn a deficit, let alone win. 

It is in my mature, (at nearly 37 years old - oh & I''ve a good education, wife , children , house and responsible job thanks Cluck&Others) opinion that it is an absolute disgrace to BOO and chant WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH at your team while they can still change the outcome of a game. To CHEER Brown''s substitution was disgusting especially given his efforts Saturday afternoon.

If you want to vent your frustrations and anger at what is going on then perhaps the smart thing to do is to do it after the result.

Not during a game.

Ironic that you''re getting the performances you wholly deserve at the moment isn''t it ?

[/quote]agree whole heartedly that booing and singin what a loada rubbish is gonna damage confidence in a all ready damaged side, someone on this site made a comment about the season ticket holders  being mutinous prisoners at the moment, well to those who have a season ticket but all theyve done since the renewal date is whinge and yell abuse at players, why the hell did you renew your ticket for if you were that unhappy, i assure you there would be loads of fans out there that would love to have a season ticket but couldnt get one, so if your that unhappy with the club sell your ticket and protest the club by not going to games anymore

It probably doesnt help in the short term but it is a wake up call perhaps and certainly makes fans feeling clear to the board.

Difficult question to answer.

It may or it may not.  It may give players a kick up the back side to perform better, longer term it may contribute to changes in management or higher up which in turn may lead to better performances. 

If you are talking longer term and it contributes to changes and players benefit as a result then yes.  If you are talking short term imho I think it is different for each individual player and depends on their mindset.

I do however believe that the paying public have the right to voice their opinion.

After the goal went it and the initial booing died down, the crowd did really try to lift the players. Apart from the cheering when Brown left the pitch, there was no singling out of individual players from where I sat in the Barclay. However, was there a barnstorming finish from the team ? NO ! Not even a shot on target.

Having been at Wolves, my last two games have cost £47 for one shot on target…….WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH…..

That’s the equivalent of 8 visits to the cinema, by the law of averages, I would have seen one decent movie…

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="jimmy500"]

It probably doesnt.

[/quote]

Not during a game.

[/quote]

We are now facing the 3rd consecutive season of not getting the football we deserve.  After this period of time you have to say enough is enough

They are not playing, they are consistently crap, the football is bland and uninspiring.  What do you suggest a few rousing chants of on the ball city.  We have tried that, it hasn''t worked.

I am sorry, but although your points are very well put across (sentiments I would have shared 1/2 years ago) enough is finally enough.  And it appears from the volume of the chants that I am not the only one.  This club will disappear down the toilet if we don''t stop the rot now.

How do you suggest we change this......And I don''t know is not the right answer.

What I will finally add though is that if I heard 5,000 people telling me I was s**t I would want to go out there and perform my arse off, prove them all wrong.  They haven''t, they don''t look like they want to either, that is why I call them walking egos.

Dont know about you guys but I work very hard for my pay cheque every month. Very rarely miss a day at work and every penny is earned.

When I go to Carrow Rd and part with my money I expect to see people working just as hard for their pay.

When they plod around aimlessly like the bloody idiots we put out against Sheffield Wednesday I feel I have a right to voice my opinion. Those who disagree are fully entitled to sit and clap and cheer every time we string two passes together if they fel that is good football. The biggest cheer on Saturday was when we won a corner at the River End.....A Corner, come on.

The players need to sweat and bleed for the team or pack their bloody bags. Saturday was S**t.

Vern

ok then. back at the City ground when we were being annihalated 4-0 i got angry with our own fans and gave them %&( for not fully supporting the teanm......i mean why pay all the money to travel away (lets face it the away fans are every teams lifeblood in terms of support) and then sing such drivel...

However,.,,,people have every right to chant this in reality and hearing that at the moment this quality of football isnt a one off but happens every week people damn well should let them know.

IF however the football really is so poor its much more useful to get the ironic cheers of Ole when someone passes on the deck (as we should!!!)....or applause for example if doc plays it simple and not hoof it 50yards to no one. Once players know they wont get $"(% for doing thigns right-.........then they will choose that option. Get the Oles out, scream ur lungs out at them to pass the damn thing and they shall improve...simple.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="walks on water"][quote user="jimmy500"]

It probably doesnt.

[/quote]

Not during a game.

[/quote]

We are now facing the 3rd consecutive season of not getting the football we deserve.  After this period of time you have to say enough is enough

They are not playing, they are consistently crap, the football is bland and uninspiring.  What do you suggest a few rousing chants of on the ball city.  We have tried that, it hasn''t worked.

I am sorry, but although your points are very well put across (sentiments I would have shared 1/2 years ago) enough is finally enough.  And it appears from the volume of the chants that I am not the only one.  This club will disappear down the toilet if we don''t stop the rot now.

How do you suggest we change this......And I don''t know is not the right answer.

What I will finally add though is that if I heard 5,000 people telling me I was s**t I would want to go out there and perform my arse off, prove them all wrong.  They haven''t, they don''t look like they want to either, that is why I call them walking egos.

[/quote]

Notwithstanding it''s a different squad to the last 3 seasons, I too have been horrified at the fare on offer.

They haven''t been playing as a team....too much boring, ineffective, static hoofball, really does make you wonder what they practice all week.

The first half on Saturday ( I wasn''t at Manchester so I can''t comment) was different. I saw a different style...cohesive & patient.

What this was down to I can hazard guess at.....

Spillane & Rossi want to play it on the deck. Murray did too.

Before they lost their shape & nerve, Norwich looked a better team than I''ve seen them for some time.

This for me was green shoots.

But they lost it,and for a number of reasons. PG''s tactics don''t help any.(Spillane off, Croft on - when everyone could see the midfield slipping away) 

But one of those reasons I believe is the atmosphere at Carrow Rd. It''s poisonous at the moment. The treatment of Brown (&Hughes before him) is an example.

Do people really believe that support or the lack of it doesn''t affect a team & it''s players ? -I think Norwich may just find it''s feet, but if it does it will be inspite of the people who are supposed to be behind it.

If things go pear shaped tonight...say what you''ve got to say after the game, or at it''s death....protest,& shout whatever you like

but NOT, when they''ve still got a chance - however slim - of putting much needed points on the board. 

Get behind them.

Just my opinion, for what little it''s worth.

OTBC

You call me immature, pot, kettle..................

Prat.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="biggleyellow"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Jamie D"]

[/quote]

Juvenile bilge.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very mature I must say...and my case perfectly proven....

Silly Billy.....off you go now.......

[/quote]