Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

Squad numbers no5 not allocated

Was about to post the very same thing...

This is good news! Not allocating the No.5 shirt is an indication that Grant is aware of the need to strengthen in this area [:)]

Either that or he is leaving it unallocated as a mark of respect for the job that Fleming done for the club. All the top european legends get this don''t they... [;)]

The signs are good! Strika - 8, new CB 5.

Peter Grant what a star. I never expected such a change in the squad. It''s up to us lot now to welcome the new guys with some great terrace atmosphere and get behind everyone at CR.

[quote user="Matt Gunns"]Number 8 aswell, suggests that a new defender will have number 5 and big Dave will be number 8![/quote]Brellier is no8.Can see Dave being no18... bit of a difference in size from the last one!

It''s diffuckt to know how much to think about squad numbers, but I would agree.  The indication is that Doherty is not really in Grant''s plans otherwise I would think he would be the new number 5.  Therefore I would expect us to sign at least one new player at centre defence.  Also things of note Colin given a squad number despite his impending departure and dion remains no 9 despite our new striker signing.

Not one player who was at the club last season, and is still there this, has changed his number.

I would doubt it has any significance, except that it does leave a clear hole in terms of who we need to bring in. I''m sure Peter is well aware of that.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

Great shout!

Missing number 18 too! David striker?

Jurgen Colin gets 24? Thought he was trialing in Holland!

[/quote]

yes he is.. ergo we havent sold him and he is still our player

jas :)

Think all those who had Doc and his number on the back of his shirt would moan if he changed numbers. I can''t recall any players that have changed squad numbers in the past apart from when squad numbers were first introduced. Don''t think there is anything to read into the fact that number 5 hasn''t been reallocated.

Arent players meant to keep their old numbers season to season to prevent fans feeling ripped off?  Would love to see a centre back coming in but dont read anything into Doc not getting no 5.

is the doc really that bad? it could have just been the keeper and attacking nature of the midfield last season that let him down, and he got blamed as he was more senior than shacks, colin was an unknown quantity and drury is a legend

Dave the Striker appears to have been No. 17 last season for Ostrava.

Andy Hughes to Leeds anyone? [:P]

didnt shir number 13 used to say the fans on programmes on the back of programmes and on the website till a couple of years ago? prehaps they''ll put it back to the fans this year

The club don''t reissue players with new numbers, once they''ve been assigned. There is nothing to read into this...   

[quote user="yellow blood"]Think all those who had Doc and his number on the back of his shirt would moan if he changed numbers.[/quote]

Yes, wouldn''t want to piss off that majority!

Look at the defenders Derby have brought... we couldn''t go after Darren Moore could we??? whilst not up to Premiership level, this guy is one hell of a player in the championship (like hux, needs a middle league)