Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Fundamental Rules of supporting NCFC.

Fundamental rules of supporting NCFC :
  • If we sign someone - they''re rubbish.  They must be, because they want to play for us.  They''re fat, or stupid, or been involved in a scandal involving Video Cameras / Haagen Daaz / Doris from accounts / Haggling over contracts / Being shot in the arse.  Somewhere on the internet, one "news article" will prove this to be correct about any player, possibly not Dion Dublin though, which didn''t stop him being abused for being close to bus pass age.
  • If any player is signed by another championship team, we''re "missing out" on a "priceless gem", and the club are "failing the fans" even if that player would rather hammer rusty nails into his balls than live within 100 miles of Norfolk.
  • If the manager (yes the manager FFS !) says that there haven''t been any bids for one of our players, it can''t be true because the club never talk about transfers, so there must have been a bid, because a respected source from a website (some bloke who moves traffic cones around outside Carrow Road, maybe ?) said so.
  • If we spend 0 weeks of a season in the bottom 6 of the division, and we have 6 weeks left of the season, we''re threatened by relegation, which is an absolute certainty.
  • If NCFC haven''t signed anyone by June 12th, and even if they have and are keeping mum about it, they''re "being complacent", and "failing in their duty to the fans".
  • If NCFC employ extra staff to go with their bright shiny new stand or to try and make more money for the club, their "eye is off the ball" and "obsessed with off-pitch activity".  At which point their accounts will be scutinised in obsessive detail, by fans who appear obsessed with off-pitch activity.
I doubt that there are many Ipswich fans with views this turgid about us. But don''t worry, it''s ok because "we all want whats good for the club".Hey ho. [:|]

What an excellent post bbb [:D]

Although you should have added to the thread title with ''according to Arthur Whittle, Cluck, Smudger, Wayne Gardner and Wiz'' [;)][:D]

Could agree more.  We''re fickle fans......!  We know it''s a quiet period in June, but still we moan about no activity.  We''d moan about nothing to moan about.

Oh! the joys of being a Canary fan.

Aren''t you all glad you don''t support a team like Man U.

I wouldn''t swap it for a pension.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Fundamental rules of supporting NCFC :

• If we sign someone - they''re rubbish.  They must be, because they want to play for us.  They''re fat, or stupid, or been involved in a scandal involving Video Cameras / Haagen Daaz / Doris from accounts / Haggling over contracts / Being shot in the arse.  Somewhere on the internet, one "news article" will prove this to be correct about any player, possibly not Dion Dublin though, which didn''t stop him being abused for being close to bus pass age.

• If any player is signed by another championship team, we''re "missing out" on a "priceless gem", and the club are "failing the fans" even if that player would rather hammer rusty nails into his balls than live within 100 miles of Norfolk.

• If the manager (yes the manager FFS !) says that there haven''t been any bids for one of our players, it can''t be true because the club never talk about transfers, so there must have been a bid, because a respected source from a website (some bloke who moves traffic cones around outside Carrow Road, maybe ?) said so.

• If we spend 0 weeks of a season in the bottom 6 of the division, and we have 6 weeks left of the season, we''re threatened by relegation, which is an absolute certainty.

• If NCFC haven''t signed anyone by June 12th, and even if they have and are keeping mum about it, they''re "being complacent", and "failing in their duty to the fans".

• If NCFC employ extra staff to go with their bright shiny new stand or to try and make more money for the club, their "eye is off the ball" and "obsessed with off-pitch activity".  At which point their accounts will be scutinised in obsessive detail, by fans who appear obsessed with off-pitch activity.

I doubt that there are many Ipswich fans with views this turgid about us.

But don''t worry, it''s ok because "we all want whats good for the club".

Hey ho. [:|]
[/quote]

Careful Blah.

According to Nutty:

No Bly, we were there first. I always worry about people who use the scabby blues to try to score points against our great club.

You are risking the wrath of Nigel.[:(]

OTBC

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Didn''t financially crippled Ipswich finish above us in the table??

[/quote]

Exactly CJF - I love the way how people constantly come along making these stupid sarcastic postings, almost as if to say that there is nothing wrong at the club!

More points:

If we sign someone - they''re rubbish.

So BBB, defend NCPLC''s transfer record over, say, the last 3 or 4 years.

If any player is signed by another championship team, we''re "missing out" on a "priceless gem", and the club are "failing the fans" even if that player would rather hammer rusty nails into his balls than live within 100 miles of Norfolk.

Silly me! And there was me thinking it was the club''s job to sell Norfolk to the player to entice them here!

If the manager (yes the manager FFS !) says that there haven''t been any bids for one of our players, it can''t be true

Again, what was that from Worthy, there have been no bids for Ashton? You''re not doing too well here, are you?!

If we spend 0 weeks of a season in the bottom 6 of the division, and we have 6 weeks left of the season, we''re threatened by relegation, which is an absolute certainty.

You know full well we were in a relegation scrap. We were 2 points off the bottom 3 at one stage - oh but then I suppose according to you we still had a chance of making the playoffs at that time!

If NCFC haven''t signed anyone by June 12th, and even if they have and are keeping mum about it, they''re "being complacent", and "failing in their duty to the fans".

Other clubs are signing players, and again we appear to just by the wayside and watch it happen. If we have money, we need to spend it. If we don''t, we need to be told.

If NCFC employ extra staff to go with their bright shiny new stand or to try and make more money for the club, their "eye is off the ball" and "obsessed with off-pitch activity".  At which point their accounts will be scutinised in obsessive detail, by fans who appear obsessed with off-pitch activity.

Yawn

Good post TripleB.  

Your point on the transfer activity is right.  If anyone (usually and agent or the selling club) says we have bid for a player then it is considered a smokescreen for inactivity.  If we say nothing and work in the background the Club are accused of doing nothing.

The one that I find most difficult is that if you don''t constantly criticise then you become branded a Delia apologist - whatever that is meant to mean. 

August 64

"Obsessed with off-pitch activity" - let me think, where have I heard that phrase before?  It was coined by our esteemed Chairman as I recall . . . blah, are you having a go at Mr Munby?  Stop it now.  Is nothing sacred?  [;)]

[/quote]

Well, I''ve digested the tripe........but where''s the onions?[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Fundamental rules of supporting NCFC :

[/quote]

Well, I''ve digested the tripe........but where''s the onions?[:|]

[/quote]

Delia''s preserving them all for her retirement. Makes you cry, doesn''t it Mello?

Hmm, a lot of insults and not much debate - guess I hit a raw nerve [:)]  However, thanks Alex for having a crack at debating the points.

[quote]So BBB, defend NCPLC''s transfer record over, say, the last 3 or 4 years.[/quote]

Croft, Huckerby, Earnshaw, Ashton, Dublin, Etuhu, Lappin, all are quality players capable at this level or above in the case of Huckerby, Ashton, and Earnshaw.  Fotheringham, Chadwick and Brown haven''t played enough to make their mark, but could easily do an Etuhu with a proper pre-season behind them. Doherty and Hughes get a hard time, I believe they are scapegoats who prove to be as effective as their colleagues. 

We''ve bought some players who have taken time to prove their worth, and some who just don''t work out.  But so does every team.  It doesn''t mean that all players we sign are rubbish. 

Where we are suffering is in squad size.  We don''t have the strength in depth to compete over 46 matches.  Neither did Burnley, who (with a smaller squad than us) started well last season but ended up roughly where we were.  Why do we have a small squad ?  I don''t know. Partly because Worthington gambled on a few players with high wages.  Ask the board why they didn''t back Worthington in signing the players he wanted last season, and why he went to the press saying "we need more players" last summer.

What astounds me most of all is that the posters who lambast new players for any reason are usually the ones who trot out the "little Norwich" line.  Sounds like they are the one with inferiority complex to me.

[quote]Silly me! And there was me thinking it was the club''s job to sell Norfolk to the player to entice them here![/quote]

Amazing as it may seem to you and me Alex, a lot of 20-somethings with money to burn don''t want to live in Norfolk, mainly because it is still seen as a remote backwater a long way from friends and family.  When Damien Francis went on Soccer AM as a Norwich player, he was asked when he was moving to London because "it''s a bit quiet there.".  Even a family man like Dion Dublin doesn''t want to move here, which should explain the tough job our unique geography presents.

[quote]Again, what was that from Worthy, there have been no bids for Ashton? You''re not doing too well here, are you?![/quote]

Oh look, there''s an exception, well I guess that must be the rule then.  I''ll let other people decide how I''m doing thanks, I suspect you might be biased [:)]

[quote]You know full well we were in a relegation scrap. We were 2 points off the bottom 3 at one stage[/quote]

We were never in the bottom 6, and when 2 points off the bottom 3 we had 2 games in hand.  Hull were in a relegation scrap all season.  At the very most, we were in a relegation scrap for about 2 games.

[quote] - oh but then I suppose according to you we still had a chance of making the playoffs at that time![/quote]

Thanks for assuming I''m stupid.  I wasn''t stupid enough to think that.  I don''t think anybody was.  Although there''s no harm in trying until we''re mathematically out of it.

[quote]Other clubs are signing players, and again we appear to just by the wayside and watch it happen. If we have money, we need to spend it. If we don''t, we need to be told.[/quote]

Grant in todays pinkun -

“We have spoken to a lot of people. We are constantly doing that. The biggest problem is so many people are away. Players are away, agents are away. There are so many people involved in a transaction these days. But we have a few irons in the fire.”

It''s June.  You are making the assumptions of last season and applying them to this.  Can''t blame you I suppose, although the January window was more encouraging than last summer.  If the captain and the boss come out in mid July and say "we need more players", as they did last year (albeit with a different boss) we''re in trouble.  But there is a lot more activity than there was last season, and it''s feeding back not from the club, but from players'' agents and other teams.  How many players were we linked with last summer ?  Croft.  This summer, I can name Varney, Sharp, Marshall, Otsemobor, Elliot, and Rae, and that''s without thinking too hard.  That''s not a smokescreen, that''s evidence of work being done to bring players in.

I agree with the general gist of this thread - there are some people who seem prepared to rubbish anything and everything that happens connected with the club.  Any player we do sign is written off before he has even kicked a ball, but any we don''t sign seem to be akin to a footballing messiah (though we usually don''t hear a lot about them afterwards, Howard apart - actually a classic case in point as no one seemed to want him when we appeared to be near to signing him, but now use him as an example of us missing out). 

Criticism when it is due is fair enough, but it does seem to be that the slant of the criticism is merely changed depending on what it is the club is doing or saying, and it can never win: we are either bidding for players quietly which is wrong or it gets out into the media and it is a smokescreen, we apparently always pay too much for players but are then criticised for putting in a bid too low for Marshall, and so it goes on.

Some believe that everyone is signing everyone and we are already missing the boat big-time, but this is not true.  If you read the attached (I hope it works) and omit anything Prem related, there are currently 20 transfers into Championship sides so far, affecting 8 sides, with 5 to happen on 1 July (including Otsemabor).  That isn''t many, and if you take out those you''ve never heard of/we''d never want or get, the list diminishes to about 2-3 transfers we might have been interested in.  The simple fact is that we are currently missing out on very little.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_2007-08

A bitter, simplistic post by someone who`s argument has been proved wrong a few too many times. The cynicism expressed on here stems from the reality of NCFC`s "efforts" in the transfer market in the last two (maybe three?) seasons, not blind faith and a vain hope that policies which are obviously failing will come good in the end. If you engage that reality occasionally you may be able to construct a more sensible post.

[quote]A bitter, simplistic post by someone who`s argument has been proved

wrong a few too many times. The cynicism expressed on here stems from

the reality of NCFC`s "efforts" in the transfer market in the last two

(maybe three?) seasons, not blind faith and a vain hope that policies

which are obviously failing will come good in the end. If you engage

that reality occasionally you may be able to construct a more sensible

post. [/quote]Oh well that''s the easy way out isn''t it Mr. Carrow.  Instead of trying to actually debate the points, claim that the person making them is deluded.  You don''t actually have to argue against the points then, because everything they say is automatically invalid.  Clever.

[/quote]

I dont think its a case of if we sign someone they''re rubbish but more of a case of only signing good players when the risk is clearly worth taking [Hucks,Crouch,Ashton,Earnshaw] at the moment the board seem to be stuck in the ''''do we/dont we risk all'''' scenario thats all to common at carrow rd. We''ve had 3 very poor seasons and now its going to be very difficult to attract proven class to city. Yes i agree with many people that by signing the likes of Eastwood,Sharp,Dixons of the world is a risk but i think they are the sort of players who we are only going to attract and many other clubs are in the same boat but have already started to sign this kind of quality thus getting a foot or two in front of city all ready. I do agree that it will always be hard to attract players to Norfolk which is a shame because we all know how lucky we are to be from this fine part of the world but to be honest if you had the choice between the smoke or Prince of wales on a sat night and 10000 grand to burn in your back pocket at the age of 21-22 i know what i would choose. The real point im trying to make is that the cynicism stems fronm reality and the sooner we face it the better.

I reckon you''re spot on BBB, there''s far too much negativity around at the moment. It''s important to realise that few teams have been active in the transfer market at the moment for reasons such as players/agents being on holiday (i.e. Billy Sharp) and the fact that if players are signed early in the window, their wages have to be paid throughout the summer when no income is forthcoming from gate receipts etc.

It''s pretty obvious from comments made by the coaching staff and board that we are endeavouring to bring players in so we just have to be patient. Yes mistakes were made in the past in terms of our signings (or lack thereof) but there''s no point moaning about it now. There''s money clearly available to get players in so we''re just going to have to trust the manager on this one... AND BE PATIENT!

[quote]The real point im trying to make is that the cynicism stems fronm reality and the sooner we face it the better.[/quote]It is my belief that the cynicism stems from the reality of the Worthington era, and the present reality is that people have learnt from their mistakes and are trying to make amends over the summer.

Best post ever Blahblahblah.

So glad someone else is getting as frustrated as I am with the bored nonsense that people whipping up on this site (although I expect to be accused of not wanting people to have the right to free speech etc).

Atrhur I agree mainly with your points but not all players are interested in signing for a club based on what the local nightlife is ( Although I acknowledge that its probaly important to the say Keiron Dyers of this world ) , What is attractive about Norwich is nice place to live , Quiet no hassle really , Good training facilitys , Good local fans , Decent reputation in the game for being a good club to learn / furthur your footballing education.

The facts are , at this moment in time, we''re cr*p, our manager is cr*p, and our board is cr*p too!.

Rather than argue with me, argue with our league position, future prospects and our non-ability to attract future players.

Oops, I forgot, you don''t deal with realities do you?.[:P]

I think most of us are just sick of the BS which comes out of Carrow Rd season after season, board after board. The selling of our best players, when we are told, they wont be sold, i go back to hughie curran on this, oh and to top it all, they are usually sold AFTER season tickets are renewed.

All we get is name dropping of players, again to induce season ticket sales and we usually end up with a two bobber.

We get sick of the "little old Norridge" mentality of this current board, with have a 25,000 fanbase more if they had the bottle to build a 30,000 seater. We have more season ticket holders than so called bigger clubs, clubs like wigan, blackburn, fulham would love our support, yet are in the premier.

We are sick of being a soft touch when seeking players losing out on targets, because we are nice cosy little Norwich who dont want to upset people.

Last transfer window was a complete joke, all the names banded about, we ended up with at best some average players, the money we spent was a joke, Delia spends more on pie fillings.

We all support Norwich, when its all said and done, All us  so called rebs want is for the spin to stop, a bit more ambition shown, you have to speculate to accumulate, to top it all a realistic chance of getting back to the premier league, heading for the playoffs this season would be a start.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The real point im trying to make is that the cynicism stems fronm reality and the sooner we face it the better.[/quote]

It is my belief that the cynicism stems from the reality of the Worthington era, and the present reality is that people have learnt from their mistakes and are trying to make amends over the summer.
[/quote]

I agree to an extent to what your saying and im certainly not righting off PG [although im not entirely convinced by his signings Brown being a panick buy and fotherinham..errm,Lappin average/ok] and we have been linked to players of championship standards but i think to right off anybody with concerns or the way things are progressing [slowly] is slightly blinkered and over optermistic. History proves that when your a Norwich fan it pays you to have your pint empty most of the time and anything more is a bonus.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The facts are , at this moment in time, we''re cr*p, our manager is cr*p, and our board is cr*p too!.

Rather than argue with me, argue with our league position, future prospects and our non-ability to attract future players.

Oops, I forgot, you don''t deal with realities do you?.[:P]

[/quote]

Ok then, right now we''re 13th. 13th! How can we be so bad? We haven''t even played any games! Just look at the table! No games played, no goals scored, no wonder no one wants to come here! Bristol City top? Just shows how far we''ve sunk....

If the alphabet began with N and we were top right now people still would moan ! I''m glad it doesn''t begin with I !!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]A bitter, simplistic post by someone who`s argument has been proved wrong a few too many times. The cynicism expressed on here stems from the reality of NCFC`s "efforts" in the transfer market in the last two (maybe three?) seasons, not blind faith and a vain hope that policies which are obviously failing will come good in the end. If you engage that reality occasionally you may be able to construct a more sensible post. [/quote]

Oh well that''s the easy way out isn''t it Mr. Carrow.  Instead of trying to actually debate the points, claim that the person making them is deluded.  You don''t actually have to argue against the points then, because everything they say is automatically invalid.  Clever.
[/quote]

I don`t see your name crop up much on the threads were the real issues are being discussed bx3. According to your headline post some supporters are guilty of being "obsessed with off-pitch activities" and "scrutinising the accounts". How terrible that some of us should try to get our facts straight before forming a strong opinion, and try to establish just where the Prem/Ashton/Francis/Green millions have gone-as they obviously haven`t been spent on the team.

Never mind, apparently Koumas is looking to move and we were one of 13 clubs namedropped by his agent in the N.O.T.W., so everything must be fine......

[quote]I don`t see your name crop up much on the threads were the real issues are being discussed bx3[/quote]I wasn''t aware that this board was split into fiction and non-fiction categories Mr. Carrow.  There you go again, determining what is important, and what is not.[quote]According to your headline post some supporters are guilty of being

"obsessed with off-pitch activities" and "scrutinising the accounts".[/quote]By your own admission, you''ll never get the answers you want by doing that.  Others, and possibly yourself, have said on other threads that the info given is insufficient to draw any meaningful conclusions.  However, it is possible to take one statistic or number in isolation, such as spending on non-playing staff (never mind that we''ve built a new stand and that needs to be populated with staff during the period) and read into it anything you want.  If you want to spend your time making sticks to beat the club with, that''s your prerogative.  I would be amazed if you found any wrong-doing there though, just people trying to do their best and getting it wrong occasionally.  Hindsight is 20:20.[quote]Never mind, apparently Koumas is looking to move and we were one of 13

clubs namedropped by his agent in the N.O.T.W., so everything must be

fine....[/quote]And your point is ? [:S]

[quote user="broadie"]

Best post ever Blahblahblah.

So glad someone else is getting as frustrated as I am with the bored nonsense that people whipping up on this site (although I expect to be accused of not wanting people to have the right to free speech etc).

[/quote]

I find it very hard to see positives when all the talk that has come out of carrow road over the last 3 years has been utter B***S***.  Talk of too small a squad last summer was followed up with more players being released than signed!  Talk of us making a great effort to stay up was followed by waiting until january to finally splash out the decent money on a striker...  Talk of us making a full effort to go straight back up was backed by about £1 million quid and a star signing of huffer and puffer Andy Hughes...

I sense finally the slow learners and limited intellect types running our club may finally have got the picture by now....  But the fact is at the moment we are still short on quality and numbers in all positions, and until a fair few positions have been signed up I am resigning myself to a repeat performance next season.