Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Thought For The Day......

Although the baby does sometimes get thrown out with the bath water.

And the historical background to this phrase is:

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children-last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it - hence the saying, "Don''t throw the baby out with the bath water."

Is Delia the man and the club the baby?

[quote user="bailojnr"]Did you know a Shortfin Mako shark can leap up to 20 feet out of the water. Wow?[/quote]

Why would it want to do that?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Norwich City FC is Delia''s baby.........................and you never give your baby away!.

Yes?

[/quote]What ever she says she will never give up control of Carrow Rd

Be positive - use positive questions whenever you can. Note: your inner thoughts will always be answered by your subconscious mind. And: it will always come up with an answer no matter what you ask - however groundless or irrelevant that question may have been! So: if you ask ‘why am I so stupid?’, it will find an answer. And: it will be a negative one. Better: always ask empowering questions. Examples: ‘How can I handle this?’, What do I need to do to achieve the desired result?’, ‘What can I learn from this?’. Outcome: your subconscious mind will come up with a solution to these problems. [:|]

and i can get an entire Wagon wheel in my mouth, whole.... Proof can be provided in the Barclay on any match day.. just bring the said chocolate bar with u... failing that 2 digestive biscuits...

jas :)

Did you know . . . there''s a species of giant slug that mates in mid-air, suspended from a long thread of mucus, or snot in layman''s terms.  They are hermaphrodites so they roger each other simultaneously.  As the saying goes . . . don''t do to someone else what you wouldn''t want done to you.

(Will this get past the modifiers, do you think?)

[quote user="inspector"]And i can eat a rowntree''s fruit pastille without chewing it!![/quote]

The purely blackcurrant one''s are underated!

So what we are saying here is a Shortfin Mako shark will jump 20 foot out of the water and eat Delia''s baby before being chased off by a swarm of headless Cockroaches!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and i can get an entire Wagon wheel in my mouth, whole.... Proof can be provided in the Barclay on any match day.. just bring the said chocolate bar with u... failing that 2 digestive biscuits...

[/quote]

But a Wagon Wheel ain''t a chocolate bar. It''s a biscuit.

[quote user="Crispy"]glass is a liquid
[/quote]

Is Lenin''s grave, a communist plot?

Should masochists be given a fair crack of the whip?

Glass is a solid, it was on QI.  pains of glass in old windows are

thicker at the bottom because it wasn''t possible to make good glass of

uniform thickness, so the glaiziers put the think bit at the bottom for

added strength.

Today''s thought - will be along tomorrow.

[quote user="7rew"]Glass is a solid, it was on QI.  pains of glass in old windows are thicker at the bottom because it wasn''t possible to make good glass of uniform thickness, so the glaiziers put the think bit at the bottom for added strength.

[/quote]

Is the think bit the clever bit?

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

But a Wagon Wheel ain''t a chocolate bar. It''s a biscuit.

[/quote]

i dont care.. the illusion is still the same...

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="inspector"]And i can eat a rowntree''s fruit pastille without chewing it!![/quote]

The purely blackcurrant one''s are underated!

[/quote]As opposed to the half lemon half blackcurrent ones....?But I must agree blackcurrent is No.1

[quote user="7rew"]Glass is a solid, it was on QI.  pains of glass in old windows are thicker at the bottom because it wasn''t possible to make good glass of uniform thickness, so the glaiziers put the think bit at the bottom for added strength.

[/quote]

I''d prefer to fall onto ''solid'' water from 15 feet, than solid concrete.