Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Poor supporters

We are a poor lot when you come to think about it. Knoocking the Board, knocking the manager, knocking the players. Justifying ourselves by claiming we pay or money we can say what we like.

When do we really get behind the team any longer. Grim silence when the opponants score, a weak cry of "On the ball, City!" from the Lower Barclay and then more grim silence.

When did you last see the ground awash with scarves, how long is it since the Snakepit led the Barclay or the Jarrold Stand came to their feet. Not this season I am thinking. The woman next to me does not even get to her feet when the team come on to the pitch.

Come on lads lets all take our scarves to the next match and our flags. Get ''em out and give ourselves and the boys a boost.

I agree to a certain extent, there is no doubt the supporters could be more vociferous. C''mon, where is the famous 12th man?

I''m a poor supporter.  On top of my season ticket it costs me £30 - £40 in petrol to get to home games and often more away.  At least £10 is spent on food and beverages and a few more quid here and there.

Yes, I am very poor supporter indeed. 

The responses to this post are both predictable and understandable. But I''m with Charlies dad and Saint on this one. After relegation the fans confidence stayed a lot longer than the players. But now it''s fragile just like the players. Saturday was a prime example, at halftime we were a goal up and had missed chances to be further ahead. When Plymouth equalized the confidence drained so fast from both the fans and the players. We all knew what was going to happen!

If there is one thing that annoys me on this board are the posters who have a go at our support and very rarely attend a game and before we get the usual cries - I appreciate many can''t get to the games but that''s not the point. Sorry Bobert old chap but you are talking total boxxxks.

Have you been to a game this year? If not you must not take any notice of the likes of Waller (the voice of NCFC establishment). It has been well documented elsewhere on this site about the patience and loyalty of the fans that attend games. Very very rarely can we be blamed for anything that happens on the pitch or the attitude of this small minded outfit we are desperate to be proud to support, but just you wait, it is only a matter of time before Doomcaster will imply that we can''t afford to sign anyone because of the lack of ticket sales. It''s happened before and then more of your type of posts will pour in.

Sorry to be harsh Bobert but turning up every week home and most away games and be dished up rubbish for the last 2.5 years and then read posts such as yours makes me want to open a pub and get Daryl Sutch to run it!  No no, only joking, even I''m not that stupid.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

If there is one thing that annoys me on this board are the posters who have a go at our support and very rarely attend a game and before we get the usual cries - I appreciate many can''t get to the games but that''s not the point. Sorry Bobert old chap but you are talking total boxxxks.

Have you been to a game this year? If not you must not take any notice of the likes of Waller (the voice of NCFC establishment). It has been well documented elsewhere on this site about the patience and loyalty of the fans that attend games. Very very rarely can we be blamed for anything that happens on the pitch or the attitude of this small minded outfit we are desperate to be proud to support, but just you wait, it is only a matter of time before Doomcaster will imply that we can''t afford to sign anyone because of the lack of ticket sales. It''s happened before and then more of your type of posts will pour in.

Sorry to be harsh Bobert but turning up every week home and most away games and be dished up rubbish for the last 2.5 years and then read posts such as yours makes me want to open a pub and get Daryl Sutch to run it!  No no, only joking, even I''m not that stupid.

[/quote]

Spot on Bury. Any excuse for the crap on the pitch....and the fans are an easy target. Maybe if they put us all on £8000 a week we could put on a more "passionate" show......

Funnily enough right at the moment I can think of a very good place to put a scarf, unfortunately it isn’t waving around my head!

Sorry Bobert but like my fellow Bury Yella has suggested above the last chapter in the clubs history has taken its toll on many of us who travel around supporting the team to a point where many of us seem to be suffering from something pretty much akin to shell shock

This season alone I have trudged the length and breadth of the country week after week spending considerable sums of money supporting our club and its starting to hurt. From Plymouth to Sunderland and from Stoke to Palace I have watched every one of the horror shows and that before you even dare contemplate the last Scum defeat.

Regardless of the amount of ‘Scarfing’ you suggest the problem with our club lies far deeper than a meter long section of fabric could ever solve and is akin to suggesting an elastoplast for a severed limb.

Answer me this, when have you heard something even remotely resembling a clarion call from either the majority share holders or chairman? That’s right you haven’t so I suggest you keep the scarf waving idea for another day and focus on the chronic week leadership our club is suffering from

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The responses to this post are both predictable and understandable. But I''m with Charlies dad and Saint on this one. After relegation the fans confidence stayed a lot longer than the players. But now it''s fragile just like the players. Saturday was a prime example, at halftime we were a goal up and had missed chances to be further ahead. When Plymouth equalized the confidence drained so fast from both the fans and the players. We all knew what was going to happen!

[/quote]Thanks Nutty Nigel. Im just so sick of people blaming the supporters for all this. We are the victims. The fact is, we are powerless as it all unfolds in front of us. The recent past shows that our players never respond to positive, overwhelming support. Give us a team - then watch the support go. Its a bargain and Norwich city are not fulfilling their part.

[quote user="Bobert"]

We are a poor lot when you come to think about it. Knoocking the Board, knocking the manager, knocking the players. Justifying ourselves by claiming we pay or money we can say what we like.

When do we really get behind the team any longer. Grim silence when the opponants score, a weak cry of "On the ball, City!" from the Lower Barclay and then more grim silence.

When did you last see the ground awash with scarves, how long is it since the Snakepit led the Barclay or the Jarrold Stand came to their feet. Not this season I am thinking. The woman next to me does not even get to her feet when the team come on to the pitch.

Come on lads lets all take our scarves to the next match and our flags. Get ''em out and give ourselves and the boys a boost.

[/quote]

YEA RIGHT, BYE.

So its me and Marty at the next match is it? The two of us showing our support for our team. Well we should be easy to spot waving our scarves amongst 25,000 zombies. What will you do? Turn on us and boo us?

Going to the match is a fun thing. You take your son, go with your Dad, meet your mate. You buy a pie, drink a pint, feel good. Its not about how much you spend, what distance you travel, where the team is in the table.

Its natural to want to see the boys win, natural to want to pour scorn on the visiting supporters but its not essential in order to have a good time. I believe that if you cheered the boys to the full, did your best as a supporter you would have the satisfaction of knowing, when you left the ground, that you at least did your bit.

Not a lot of point in booing the boys or singing "what a load of rubbish" is there?

Oh and by the way I was at the Plymouth game and had a splendid view of all the goals that were scored.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Answer me this, when have you heard something even remotely resembling a clarion call from either the majority share holders or chairman? That’s right you haven’t so I suggest you keep the scarf waving idea for another day and focus on the chronic week leadership our club is suffering from

[/quote]

The last attempted clarion I can remember was the infamous "Let''s be having you".  [:@]

Don''t want any more like that one thanks.

In these current times of interest rate rises etc it is sadly leisure activities that suffer when the belt has to be tightened.

Coupled with poor performances on the pitch it makes you question the value.

If that makes you a poor supporter then that is a short sighted view. I spent 8 seasons not missing a game, circumstances change and I stopped going. I have now been going again for the last 5 years. In the gap I still supported the team, maybe not as financially as I do now but I considered myself a supporter.

Not all of the 20+ thousand in the ground sing and shout all through the game, why are they considered poor supporters.In all my years going the Barclay always sing, now that is not the case.

I didn''t hear much from our traditional singing sections on saturday, i also noticed a lot of empty snake pit seats, an area that has the more longer serving fan, and I do not criticise that.

The supporters have been slated sing the drunken cook staggered on against Man City, the team have been poor since then also and PG started on us when he arrived. The atmosphere is generated by exciting, fighting play on the pitch. I gaurentee that as soon as that is restored the singing will also be restored. The players have had more than enough chances to perform and we are just as rubbish away so that kills the supporter theory as the travelling fans are more voiciferous.

Why not sing what a load of rubbish, especially as us rubbish supporters waited until after the game had ended and not started during the game where the players may have become upset.

[quote user="Bobert"]

So its me and Marty at the next match is it? The two of us showing our support for our team. Well we should be easy to spot waving our scarves amongst 25,000 zombies. What will you do? Turn on us and boo us?

Going to the match is a fun thing. You take your son, go with your Dad, meet your mate. You buy a pie, drink a pint, feel good. Its not about how much you spend, what distance you travel, where the team is in the table.

Its natural to want to see the boys win, natural to want to pour scorn on the visiting supporters but its not essential in order to have a good time. I believe that if you cheered the boys to the full, did your best as a supporter you would have the satisfaction of knowing, when you left the ground, that you at least did your bit.

Not a lot of point in booing the boys or singing "what a load of rubbish" is there?

Oh and by the way I was at the Plymouth game and had a splendid view of all the goals that were scored.

[/quote]

No..

It won''t be just you and Marty at the next match. It will be Northern Canaries and those who are so committed to supporting their team that they spend huge sums of money and regularly travel hundreds of miles. Will you be there? I would love to be there too but I can''t make it.

No fans deserve any medals for going to football matches whatever the circumstances, they go because they choose to go, spending their money on something they enjoy doing. However they don''t deserve to be branded "boo boys" either.

Norwich fans have more patience and tolerance than many other clubs fans and they still do get behind their team from the first whistle. However the last 2 years have been full of disappointments and as they watch the fragile confidence drain from the players on the field they go quiet fearing the worst. Now I personally don''t boo or shout "what a load of rubbish" but everyone has their own breaking point.

Sometimes it takes passion on the pitch to create passion in the stands, it doesn''t take much to spark it off, but it''s up to the players to do it!

i agree with bobert, get behind the team, do what you did at leicester, we won when you got behind them, grant had a go at the fans and you responded in stubboness. now wheres the 12th man gone? when is carrow road going to be a consistent cauldron? i cant get to carrow road at all, but it sounds as though the support is about as consistent as the team, coincidence? without earnie they are going to need all teh help they can get.

so for you home fans i gues you have a choice, top be a twelf man for Norwich city, or a twelf man for whoever they are playing

OTBC

If you had managed to ''get'' to carrow road when we were in the premier league, watched the naivety of the management and heard the inane ramblings about little norwich pluckily fighting the drop, then watched a season of utter dross with a manager who had lost whatever he previously had, then seen this seasons relentless on and off pitch meandering....then perhaps you would understand instead of writing this flag-waving nonsense.

[quote user="Polar1990"]

i agree with bobert, get behind the team, do what you did at leicester, we won when you got behind them, grant had a go at the fans and you responded in stubboness. now wheres the 12th man gone? when is carrow road going to be a consistent cauldron? i cant get to carrow road at all, but it sounds as though the support is about as consistent as the team, coincidence? without earnie they are going to need all teh help they can get.

so for you home fans i gues you have a choice, top be a twelf man for Norwich city, or a twelf man for whoever they are playing

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

I''m a poor supporter.  On top of my season ticket it costs me £30 - £40 in petrol to get to home games and often more away.  At least £10 is spent on food and beverages and a few more quid here and there.

Yes, I am very poor supporter indeed. 

[/quote]

Can we swap cars - it costs me about £80 in petrol each time....

blame who you like dicky,but we all know where the real problem lies at this club.i paid 340 quid for my season ticket in the barclay as i have done every season since i was a kid and i think that entitles me to have my say whether we are top of the league or struggling near the bottom! i dont just stick my head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong.

I have said it many times before and I will say it again, I will continue to go to watch my beloved team whatever league they are in and whatever their position is, that said I refuse to accept the crap that has been dished up recently as being acceptable and I will defend any fans right to vent their feelings after the match. I laugh at these types of post as the fans are an easy target, I have lost count over the last few seasons when the fans have got right behind the team and the overpaid so called footballers have still managed to lose. The sooner the players start taking the responsibility for the position we are in the better as far as I am concerned.

And Bobert, scarves are "so 1970s", have a look around CR next time you are there and you will see it is awash with replica NCFC kits of all descriptions, again a mark of how loyal NCFC fans are.  

Spot on Bury. Any excuse for the crap on the pitch....and the fans are an easy target. Maybe if they put us all on £8000 a week we could put on a more "passionate" show......

Cluck, I like your blogs but this one has left me scratching my head. If £8000 does not get the players motivated how do you think that will rub off on the supporters and get them motivated.

SACK GRANT. BOYCOTT THE WOLVES GAME. 

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Is it just the summer months you spend in Western Australia then Blobert?

It only takes 19 hrs Cluck. I can leave Perth on Thursday morning and be in Wymondham Thursday night because of the time difference. Be at the match on Saturday, no problem!

What i really can''t understand is how you can pay all that money, travel all that way and jus sit there and get angry?!?!? it really annoys me when my dad goes away from the games saying that he really gets p****d off with all the travelling and everything just to watch that, which we all know is absolute rubbish, but still, how can you not just go and have fun for the day. Anyone go to Rotherham in the League Cup? how much of a laugh was that just abusing the goalkeeper everytime he kicked the ball. Anway, just to say that i understand why everyone gets upset but why can''t you just go to the match and sing and have fun. It beats sittin there and gettin angry, beleive me i did it at Plymouth away.

[quote user="Bobert"]It only takes 19 hrs Cluck. I can leave Perth on Thursday morning and be in Wymondham Thursday night because of the time difference. Be at the match on Saturday, no problem![/quote]

That''s quite a commitment indeed....