Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Are We Finally Agreed?

[quote user="ray ducker"][quote user="Cluck"]

Today this forum has been barraged by disgruntled fans...some of whom still retained a degree of lingering loyalty until they finally reached snapping point. Well...I reached this point some time ago because the writing has been well and truly on the wall. Despite the endless slagging on here for being "negative".....I''ve repeated the mantra that we have become a very poor club on the slide....thanks mainly to an inept series of "yes man" managers....poor bargain basement signings ...and a hapless Board of Directors who couldn''t have done things much worse if they''d tried......and yet, still in excess of 23000 paid at the gate. I think wakey wakey time has well and truly arrived.

Delia Smith and her cronies must now apologise to the supporters....and move aside the moment a serious investor can be found. Having let things slip so badly.....they must accept a loss in returns....and go. This club has not only lost it''s grass roots and sense of "place"....it has finally lost the plot completely. Delialalaland is what NCFC is in 2007....so very different to the club I first followed in 1962. Yes we were unsuccessful then as now....but at least we had a soul......and we could trust the Board and players on the pitch to give us their all. In the past 10 years...this bunch of amateurs have dismantled all of the good work laid down since 1972....and turned us into a laughing stock....both on the field and off it.........

I say..."Come on Delia...let be ''avin you OUT"....and take that useless tool Grant with you!

What next?  I predict Earnshaw to go very soon....and the CR ''spin'' machine to be working overtime on those who are still gullible enough to believe in fairies...........

[/quote]

Yep you are a sweet lovely old boy Cluck , i think you and Wiz , and Smudger, are some where about right , you have opened a lot eyes on this board i am afraid .

[/quote]

Well.....I''ve never been described as a "sweet lovely old boy" before Ray.....but I shall consider it a compliment!....... even if I have got a new hang up about being "past my prime".........[:''(]

What I''m saying is nothing new....and Wizard was on here taking flak long before I came along. Maybe it''s just that there are more of us prepared to face up to the "denial brigade" these days....and you''ve played your part in the honesty department too!.......[Y]

Not quite with you cluck - as I have said before we aare struggling on the pitch and that is what our league position reflects.  Thats why Worthy lost his job, for failing to get the most out of his squad.  To survive Grant has to have an impact, either with the current squad or with any additions he can add.   Remember that however much we spend this Jan it is still likely to be more than the entire cost of the colchester squad.... and look where they currently sit;  it is what the manager can get out of his players that determines how successful teh club is, nothing more and nothing less.

We certainly are a team on the slide with confidence disappearing faster than the sight of our last decent league performance - combine that with a lack of fight and we are in a relegation battle we will lose.

Confidence is the key - and its the manager and HIS coaches who have to provide this - along with a game plan and encouraging the right game plan - none of which has been visible yet.

[quote user="Cluck"]

Today this forum has been barraged by disgruntled fans...some of whom still retained a degree of lingering loyalty until they finally reached snapping point. Well...I reached this point some time ago because the writing has been well and truly on the wall. Despite the endless slagging on here for being "negative".....I''ve repeated the mantra that we have become a very poor club on the slide....thanks mainly to an inept series of "yes man" managers....poor bargain basement signings ...and a hapless Board of Directors who couldn''t have done things much worse if they''d tried......and yet, still in excess of 23000 paid at the gate. I think wakey wakey time has well and truly arrived.

Delia Smith and her cronies must now apologise to the supporters....and move aside the moment a serious investor can be found. Having let things slip so badly.....they must accept a loss in returns....and go. This club has not only lost it''s grass roots and sense of "place"....it has finally lost the plot completely. Delialalaland is what NCFC is in 2007....so very different to the club I first followed in 1962. Yes we were unsuccessful then as now....but at least we had a soul......and we could trust the Board and players on the pitch to give us their all. In the past 10 years...this bunch of amateurs have dismantled all of the good work laid down since 1972....and turned us into a laughing stock....both on the field and off it.........

I say..."Come on Delia...let be ''avin you OUT"....and take that useless tool Grant with you!

What next?  I predict Earnshaw to go very soon....and the CR ''spin'' machine to be working overtime on those who are still gullible enough to believe in fairies...........

[/quote]

No. Same old, same old. As a wise old man once said - change the reccord!

Cluck were you at the game yesterday? I can''t see how you were with that attitude.

Fans: The Plymouth fans outsang our fans pretty much all of the way through the game. Whenever there was a corner they were chanting either to support their team or to will the ball into the back of the net, the only time they didn''t and was when they had an attacking corner which there was silence from them and you couldnt here a thing apart from the players. This was followed by a chant from them "you dont even sing when your winning".

Its the most disgraceful match I have even been to. And it sums up the mentality of this club at the moment. Possibly large sections of the support feel that as they pay their money they deserve "good entertainment" or that they pay for a ticket so they have the right to moan and say whatever they like (although in several cases on this board it turns out that some have been to maybe one or two games this season).

Now of all other things they have become a soft touch. Opposing fans free to ridicule our team and our players without any defence at all, the very occaisional break out of on the ball city when we score a goal or look like we might do. Its almost pathetic and people then suggest the players arnt trying hard enough!

The players need inspiration which they get from the fans support. Many fans suggest that they are not making noise untill they see a better performance but the problem is they have never given a team under Grant enough noise to claim they havent given them a chance. Its a Worthington hang over that is down to no one but the likes of Cluck here who have refused to accept the change that has happened and that have moved on to targeting other parts of the club.

It may well upset people - but its these people that will plot the downfall of this club and then walk off refusing to pay for tickets if we get relegated. If that happens what will sicken me the most is going from one of the most difficult places for a team to come and play at to the stadium of "ridicule" rather than a couldron of hostile chants etc.

Thought I''d post a more serious opinion, even though this doesn''t desrve it.

No, we are not finally agreed. I may also agree after January, however at this point, as normal there is still time for the club to produce the goods with transfers etc. Until that point has elapsed, I will remain without judgement. After this point I will make a judgement on how their opportunity has moulded our club. I will not make my mind up before the opportunity has has it''s chance. I don''t blindly follow the club regardless as you put it, neither do most whom you cast in that mould.What we do is wait until the clubs statements fall short of what they say and if they do then we have all of the evidence to say they have handled this in a bad way. We then start to point the finger. Not before.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canary02"]

My opinion is that we did ok today

[/quote]

Unbelieveable!

Just what part of Norwich 1 Plymouth 3 are you having trouble with?[:@]

[/quote]

The part where the result is the only thing that matters! We were undone by shoddy defending and the loss of Earnshaw up front, but only four players actually played poorly today: Gallacher, Shackell, Doherty and McVeigh. The rest actually had good games, and I know when we lose we''re all supposed to wring our hands and jump off bridges and shoot everyone, but sometimes it''s not appropriate to throw the baby out with the bathwater in my opinion.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

I don''t agree. The result was poor today, but it''s a thin line between victory and defeat sometimes. Etuhu had a couple cleared off the line and there were a couple of Hucks breaks that couldn''t be crossed as without Earnshaw''s pace nobody could keep up and get in the middle to apply a finish. We weren''t great today but until they scored we were in the ascendency and worth our lead. Once they scored the confidence disappeared entirely, and the communication between goalkeeper and centre-halves undermined everything about the team. Individually the rest of the team were fine.

And I''m sure I''ll get the usual suspects giving me stick for saying it, but what he hell, go for it. My opinion is that we did ok today and with a better keeper and the steadiness of Dublin at the back rather than Doherty, we would probably even have won. If Grant can get a commanding keeper in (as he seems to be trying to do) then the confidence will grow. No manager could change this squad around overnight, but if Grant keeps taking small steps in the right direction then I''ll give him time.

Go on, fill your boots, you have a free shot with the result today.

[/quote]

Canary02.....It may surprise you to know that I have more respect for you than you may think...and that goes for just about every other City fan who visits this forum. While we may strongly disagree on many things....we are all inter-connected with our wish to see this club back on it''s feet and competing at the highest level. As in everyday life though....some will sit by contentedly and watch....others will be pre-active. Although they were very necessary, the "Worthington Out" protests disguised many of the real issues at this club...only this time Delia and her Disciples have no-where to hide....and no-one else to blame.

Look around at the disappointed faces after yet another shameful display on the pitch and it can''t fail to hurt. My wish is to see ALL of us enjoying our football again....win or lose....and that just isn''t going to happen if we continue to turn away from the reality of what we have become.

It''s not pleasant verbally attacking individual players or members of the NCFC Board....but left alone nothing will change. As with my own business....if I could sell shoddy goods week in week out and get away with it I would. If my customers were uncomplaining and loyal to my brand.....I wouldn''t have to work on my product to make it any better. That is the very position this club has been in for years.....and even given the most loyal of customers....they are hell bent on getting maximum return for minimum effort. Apart from anything else....this is deception and patronisation....and I don''t buy it.

[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from, but as far as the goods they are producing my opinion differs. For me, the board has two roles that influence the product on the pitch. The first is the selection of a manager to select the players and tactics and handle the side of the game that they don''t understand. When he fails to produce they sack him and get a new manager. This they did (admittedly, about eight months too late) and after 12 games with someone elses players it is still too early to judge Grant. The second task of the board is to provide funds in whichever way they can for the team. The board individually cannot chuck their own cash in for players. Fair enough, I don''t have a problem with that. Football is a bottomless pit for money and few get a return on what they put in, and I don''t think any of our board are flush with the kind of money that could turn us into Premiership regulars overnight. If there was a rich (and most importantly reliable i.e. non-asset-stripping) individual wishing to become involved then I would hope that the board would allow this person access to the club, but as far as I know, no such individual has ever come forward. The way that the board currently tries to raise funds is to use business acumen to create funds from various revenue streams not solely centered on the football pitch, but using the brand to sell things like holidays etc. Again, fair enough, I don''t care if they flog sand to Arabia if the cash goes back to balance the books.

Therefore, where you and I seem to differ is that you see the board as a major problem that effects events on the pitch, I see them as an average board who don''t invest as much as many others but who have enough brains to keep us ticking over, and who therefore don''t have a great effect over events on the pitch. The reason we are playing poorly is that Nigel Worthington wasted what cash we had on poor buy, after poor buy and we are left with a tiny, incompetent squad, but then, the footballing side was, quite rightly, left in his hands alone whilst he was manager. He should have been dismissed sooner, but that, as far as I can see, was the only thing the board did wrong.

[quote user="Machman"]

Been there before, gates frop down to the hardcore 14/15K who would go week in week out regardless of results and division. The true fans who''ll sing, get behind the team and fight for the cause.

Too many jonny come latelys who as you say want to come and see a nice game of football, oh and for the record we''ll support Norwich. At the Sheff Wed game I sat in the Jarrold Stand for the first time with some work colleagues and gave up my ST to another mate. With 15 mins to go I couldnt believe the number of people who got up to leave, moaning.Do we need this type of supporter at the club, they can all * off as far as I''m concerned. We still have a large number of leftover glory hunters from the Champioship winning & Premiership seasons.

The sooner they bugger off the better.

[/quote] Yes thats right - the club could do without 10,000 paying customers couldnt they! In fact - close the gates, who wants those moaning supporter types spoiling the atmosphere?  

canary02

is it ok with you for 36% of the side to play poorly ? that puts the others under a lot of pressure

We still get peurile posts bleating about the ''performance'' of the supporters. ''The Plymouth fans totally outsung us'' so what? ''opposition supporters ridicule our players ... blah blah blah''  No sh*t Sherlock, and best of all ''home supporters dont defend our players against it'' Anyone with any sense is probably joining in. The way I feel about this shower at the moment, I wouldnt pee on them to put them out if they were on fire. .     

[quote user="neil stewart"]

canary02

is it ok with you for 36% of the side to play poorly ? that puts the others under a lot of pressure

[/quote]

Not at all, but the point I was making was that despite the result, the world has not come to an end, and not every player was abysmal and didn''t try, and we have still got something to work with there. Of the players who played badly, Gallacher is one that Grant is obviously looking to replace anyway, McVeigh was a stopgap in Earnie''s absence (who as I mentioned on another thread, will need to be replaced more effectively if Earnie''s out longer term), Doherty is a liability, and Shackell will be fine IF he plays with a better partner than Doherty with better communication.

I''m not happy with losing to Plymouth, but neither should the result involve a massive bloodletting because a lot of the problems we''ve had in previous weeks (i.e. not creating, midfield two anonymous etc) were in fact much better today.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Cluck were you at the game yesterday? I can''t see how you were with that attitude.

Fans: The Plymouth fans outsang our fans pretty much all of the way through the game. Whenever there was a corner they were chanting either to support their team or to will the ball into the back of the net, the only time they didn''t and was when they had an attacking corner which there was silence from them and you couldnt here a thing apart from the players. This was followed by a chant from them "you dont even sing when your winning".

Its the most disgraceful match I have even been to. And it sums up the mentality of this club at the moment. Possibly large sections of the support feel that as they pay their money they deserve "good entertainment" or that they pay for a ticket so they have the right to moan and say whatever they like (although in several cases on this board it turns out that some have been to maybe one or two games this season).

Now of all other things they have become a soft touch. Opposing fans free to ridicule our team and our players without any defence at all, the very occaisional break out of on the ball city when we score a goal or look like we might do. Its almost pathetic and people then suggest the players arnt trying hard enough!

The players need inspiration which they get from the fans support. Many fans suggest that they are not making noise untill they see a better performance but the problem is they have never given a team under Grant enough noise to claim they havent given them a chance. Its a Worthington hang over that is down to no one but the likes of Cluck here who have refused to accept the change that has happened and that have moved on to targeting other parts of the club.

It may well upset people - but its these people that will plot the downfall of this club and then walk off refusing to pay for tickets if we get relegated. If that happens what will sicken me the most is going from one of the most difficult places for a team to come and play at to the stadium of "ridicule" rather than a couldron of hostile chants etc.

[/quote]

Yep, I agree ''cheekin'', it''s all the fans fault, and the whole of the NCFC board and our ineffective gossamer thin squad - are totally devoid of any criticism, responsibility or apportioning of blame........We should take a long hard look at our bank accounts and, ignore the fact that week in week out, we are wasting our hard earned cash ''for the love of the club'' and that''s not including the "extra''s" when I follow them away. "We are after all, the Titanic Mk2, too good to go down!"

By the way, I''m a long standing season ticket holder, and attend as many ''away'' games as I can..........but something''s gotta give, as I see no progression. There''s loyalty, and there''s myopic loyalty, and there''s also having the urine extracted out of one''s unwavering commitment to the club. That ''Marketeering Musketeer'' Mr Cullen (and his Co), will no doubt be plotting a ''sweetener'' and ''cunning plan'' to convince the wavering, wobblin'' and indecisive follower''s to commit their cash to a worthwhile footballin'' cause, (a bit like last year really).......and we''ve seen what''s occuring now, haven''t we?   

I''m a season ticket holder ( To prevent people stating ''there is another person who does not go to games'') so I do attend games and I agree with you 100%. We are now in free fall entering Division 1

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, I agree ''cheekin'', it''s all the fans fault, and the whole of the NCFC board and our ineffective gossamer thin squad - are totally devoid of any criticism, responsibility or apportioning of blame........We should take a long hard look at our bank accounts and, ignore the fact that week in week out, we are wasting our hard earned cash ''for the love of the club'' and that''s not including the "extra''s" when I follow them away. "We are after all, the Titanic Mk2, too good to go down!"

By the way, I''m a long standing season ticket holder, and attend as many ''away'' games as I can..........but something''s gotta give, as I see no progression. There''s loyalty, and there''s myopic loyalty, and there''s also having the urine extracted out of one''s unwavering commitment to the club. That ''Marketeering Musketeer'' Mr Cullen (and his Co), will no doubt be plotting a ''sweetener'' and ''cunning plan'' to convince the wavering, wobblin'' and indecisive follower''s to commit their cash to a worthwhile footballin'' cause, (a bit like last year really).......and we''ve seen what''s occuring now, haven''t we?   

[/quote]

All I have suggested is that there is a cyclic pattern emerging that is both damaging to the fans and to the players which unless is broken will not help to improve our situation.

I do not blame "all of the fans" but I am simply suggesting that the fans that by all accounts pay money to go and moan at or boo players and then want to see some commitment and passion from them team have possibly not thought out their comments.

Not just this but when passion and commitment is displayed they are so embroiled in their own argument that they have failed to notice it. In the first half against Plymouth the quality players shone - Safri, Huckerby, Dublin, Etuhu, Croft, Drury, Colin and at times Shackell all could be seen to be pushing forward and playing with mentioned attributes. Lots of shouting and communicating from these players and on the whole a half filled with good play and a lot of possession.

As has also been mentioned a couple of players let the team down. But then to tar the whole team with the same brush is unfair, as you may expect it to be unfair if I tar all of the fans with the same brush.

As for the argument that football is a form of entertainment I would suggest that they have been mislead. Football is a Spectator Sport, you pay to watch the game and get involved in the atmosphere. Entertainment would be more of the theatre where you know exactly what you are paying for - you can not possibly expect in football to know what you are going to get and in truth that is why I like to watch football.

I would pretty much agree with your analysis on this thread Canary 02, a few players were abysmal but I don''t think that the whole team needs firing. I would agree that there is something to work with - depends if we can get replacements for those areas in the next couple of weeks. I also think that a lack of confidence is a huge factor in the capitulation on Saturday.

The question of "Are We Finally Agreed" appears to have been answered anyway.........[;)]

In between the usual suspects hurling abuse, there is a healthy debate.....and that''s the only way we are ever going to move forward. If the fans themselves don''t know what they want....how can we expect our ullustrious Board to come up with any answers?

Say what you like....healthy unrest under the watching eye of the Board is far more likely to generate a positive reaction in terms of investment than sitting passively on our hands watching........

[quote user="charlies dad"]We still get peurile posts bleating about the ''performance'' of the supporters. ''The Plymouth fans totally outsung us'' so what? ''opposition supporters ridicule our players ... blah blah blah''  No sh*t Sherlock, and best of all ''home supporters dont defend our players against it'' Anyone with any sense is probably joining in. The way I feel about this shower at the moment, I wouldnt pee on them to put them out if they were on fire. .     [/quote]

Quality post CD... agree with you 100% with the exception of one or two players!!!  [Y]

Sorry about the huge quote above.

Sorry Smudger, can''t see what there is to boast about in not attending games since the Cardiff game. You claim this makes you wise, but it seems to me that it makes you a fair weather supporter. Are you coming back when we start winning again?

[8-)]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Well well.....I just thought I''d revive this little bit of insight from many months ago....and point out that the same old bilge is still being regurgitated by the apologists to this day....  You can''t say you weren''t warned........

Ahhhhhhhh....nostalgia.......

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Wow, you predicted Earnie to go, we never would have guessed if had not been for you, keep the major drivel, sorry mate, insights coming please, I want to know other stuff, like is Dion going to retire in the next 10 years?

Help.

Well well.....I just thought I''d revive this little bit of insight from many months ago....and point out that the same old bilge is still being regurgitated by the apologists to this day....  You can''t say you weren''t warned........

Ahhhhhhhh....nostalgia.......

[/quote]

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Here we have a thread I put forward way back in January 2007....notice the familiar tone?....and the usual blind denials by those who have on the whole disappeared or changed recognisable user name since.

If "I" as a bog standard individual could see this scenario escalating so long ago...why are we still even bothering to argue the toss about Smith and her obvious destruction of the club....and why has it taken so long before general dissent has finally become more widespread? We really have got what we deserve as a group of supporters and I can think of few other sets of fans in the land who would have allowed this to happen. Could this simply be down to the "dumbing down" of the type of individuals now resident at games?...or worse the deliberate dismantling of the whole traditional ethos of NCFC to suit a fading tv cook''s public visability prospects?

Full marks to all of those who managed to see the writing on the wall so far back and weren''t afraid to say so....and shame on the fools who sheep-ishly looked the other way to defend their precious "saviour" with no regard to what really mattered...Norwich City the Football Club.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Here we have a thread I put forward way back in January 2007....notice the familiar tone?....and the usual blind denials by those who have on the whole disappeared or changed recognisable user name since.

If "I" as a bog standard individual could see this scenario escalating so long ago...why are we still even bothering to argue the toss about Smith and her obvious destruction of the club....and why has it taken so long before general dissent has finally become more widespread? We really have got what we deserve as a group of supporters and I can think of few other sets of fans in the land who would have allowed this to happen. Could this simply be down to the "dumbing down" of the type of individuals now resident at games?...or worse the deliberate dismantling of the whole traditional ethos of NCFC to suit a fading tv cook''s public visability prospects?

Full marks to all of those who managed to see the writing on the wall so far back and weren''t afraid to say so....and shame on the fools who sheep-ishly looked the other way to defend their precious "saviour" with no regard to what really mattered...Norwich City the Football Club.

[/quote]

Just what''s needed at present....a sanctimonious self glorifying arsehole.Good to see you!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just what''s needed at present....a sanctimonious self glorifying arsehole.Good to see you!

[/quote]

If it gets up your nose as a Deliarite arse-wipe then it is surely worthwhile. It is more a tribute to those who saw this lot coming...and I notice you are conspicuous by your absence (or did you support another club at the time?)....

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it gets up your nose as a Deliarite arse-wipe then it is surely worthwhile. It is more a tribute to those who saw this lot coming...and I notice you are conspicuous by your absence (or did you support another club at the time?)....

[/quote]

Oh Smudger, you crack me up! Oh, sorry, you''re being Neil at the moment aren''t you?[:D][:D][:D]

Have you signed the petition yet, or is that too close to doing something positive for you?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

I always try to be a glass half full kind of person but after the latest in a long line of woeful performances I have had enough. Unless serious money is made available for urgent team strengthening then there is only one way we are heading. We all have to get our heads out of the sand - no-one thought we would get relegated in 1985 and 1995 when the slide started but momentum can be irrestible (see Villa where even O''Neill is struggling to arrest a slide). I don''t think sacking Grant is the answer unless we could get Dowie - all we are likely to get is another inexperienced manager. The cost of sacking him will eat even further into our limited funds.

It is time to say thanks to Delia for what she achieved in the first 7/8 years of her time here but ever since the prem season things have gone downhill big time. This board has gone stale and new blood is needed. Anyone out there got a few million stuffed down the back of the sofa!?

[/quote]

Christ. Did I really think Dowie would help us!!?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

I always try to be a glass half full kind of person but after the latest in a long line of woeful performances I have had enough. Unless serious money is made available for urgent team strengthening then there is only one way we are heading. We all have to get our heads out of the sand - no-one thought we would get relegated in 1985 and 1995 when the slide started but momentum can be irrestible (see Villa where even O''Neill is struggling to arrest a slide). I don''t think sacking Grant is the answer unless we could get Dowie - all we are likely to get is another inexperienced manager. The cost of sacking him will eat even further into our limited funds.

It is time to say thanks to Delia for what she achieved in the first 7/8 years of her time here but ever since the prem season things have gone downhill big time. This board has gone stale and new blood is needed. Anyone out there got a few million stuffed down the back of the sofa!?

[/quote]

Christ. Did I really think Dowie would help us!!?

[/quote]

Apparently so lol

Cluck - Why didn''t you go to the AGM and face Delia with your issues?

Would have been easy enough cause just like last year they didn''t check anyone''s names after 7.40pm once a big queue had formed.