Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Tamworth Match thread

one of the linesmen looks like hes 12yrs old, and the tamworth players are drinking red bull

quality

I would say this is embarrassing but it''s only what we''ve been used to seeing week in week out at carrow roadhow frightened did the norwich players look before the game?

thats getting better 0-2

get ready to be bashed by the bbc and the press cos we dont roll over and let tamworth win

Poor display  by Norwich ,  Tamworth   had at least two chances to score ,   then Hucks  pinpoint cross  gives Dublin an easy head in .....

minutes later Hucks  , in a central position!!   first time volley   makes it  2-0      ...

In the first 10 minutes we looked nervous and lacking confidence.  We have passed the ball looked good, but, too often players look like they''re communicating with each other and we''re just hoofing it anywhere.  When we getr the ball down and play we look miles better than Tamworth.

Safri needs to stop dropping so deep and we need to try and dominate midfield more.

I''ve been really criticial of Doc in the past but so far he has really held our defence together.

Dublin has been our best player by a country mile - we have to keep hold of him after this season!

Safri doing a great job on his own in Central midfield! 

With everybody fit and a new central midfeder to replace the ineffectuial and downright lazy Etuhu, and having just watched Gallacher flapping again a new goalie...  ok 4-1

OK we need a fair few players.

I hate being stuck at work on Saturdays.

Sounds like Dixon is being his usual self. I reckon its Grant masterplan - tell Earnie not to score in front of cameras, and no one will come in for him!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Shackell has looked awful today alongside the Doc - even against palace Shacklell was error prone.  When Shackell plays alongside Dublin he looks a different player.  Having said that even Dublin looks suspect alongside the Doc.[/quote]

Out of the two central defenders Doc definately had the better game.  I also though some of Drury''s passing was woeful. 

Dublin is tower...and probably one of the most astute signings we''ve had in recent times......The rest stood their ground and while it was pretty scrappy stuff....THEY BATTLED........and that''s all we''ve been asking for.

Pleased for the 900 travelling fans....and pleased for all of us........[B]

[quote] and having just watched Gallacher flapping again a new goalie... [/quote]Agreed, I''d personally make a move for Camp he looked quality for us.At the end of the day I knew it wouldn''t be easy but we''ve done well and got a deserved win.

I predicted 1-4 in the prediction league, thats the first one I got right [:D]

DION DION DION DION

I didn''t feel as confident once Grant started making the substitutions.  Personally I thought Huckerby had a great game today and even came back to help defend.

yeah we were rubbish should have won 10 nil grant out blah blah blah will some of you lot ever be happy jeez

[quote user="Cluck"]

Dublin is tower...and probably one of the most astute signings we''ve had in recent times......The rest stood their ground and while it was pretty scrappy stuff....THEY BATTLED........and that''s all we''ve been asking for.

Pleased for the 900 travelling fans....and pleased for all of us........[B]

[/quote]

Cluck''s happy(ier) yet everyone else is moaning.[^o)] We won comfortably in the end. What more can anyone ask for? there will be other teams at 5 pm tonite who wished they had won!

Good to see Safri playing better and also Etuhu first half especially was getting stuck in...winning headers and tackles.

On the 4th of this month Smudger wrote

No signings of note in the transfer window, a crushing defeat at Tamworth on Saturday the sale of Earnie and a relegation fight to look forward to

Tamworth 1 Norwich 4. Not the crushing defeat you predicted Smudger is it?

"Great result today. The FA cup, know what I mean, fantastic occassion and the players have to go out and enjoy days like these. Can''t fault the commitment of the players today. We knew it was going to be a battle and we''d have to stand up and be counted and I think we did that today. I always say if you don''t score goals you don''t win football games and today we scored goals and have come away with the right result. The players did all that was asked of them today and the work ethic was superb, passing was great, know what I mean... excellent.Earnshaw played today because he''s commited to the Norwich cause and until someone says otherwise he''s a Norwich City player, the boy is premiership quality and he''ll always score goals no matter what level he''s at. Still every player has their price and thats the situation that it is. Know what I mean"