Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

SACK GRANT NOW

Sack Peter Grant now before it is to late. This fool has shown that he can not motivate players and has zero fresh ideas. He seems to know very little tactically and waves his arms around like a bleeding monkey. His team selections are baffling and so are the substitutions. If we want to save this club from relegation then SACK THIS COMPLETE AND UTTER FOOL.I don''t believe in this "not his team rubbish" he knows what he is getting when he took the job...............

SACK GRANT NOW.................................worse then worthy - YOU BET HE IS..........

And then do what exactly?! Pay up a 3 year contract dispensing of most of our funds for the transfer window. He knows he needs to strengthen the squad and should be judged when he has his own players at his disposal. Everyone knocked Worthy for sitting on the bench and now you are moaning at Grant for trying to organise and motivate people. Foolish comments from you ronbol!

Grant looked good on paper. Particularly when endorsed by David Stringer. He does appear to be out of his depth. Appears to be deliberately winding up the better footballers i.e Huckerby and Safri. Today he left Saturday''s man of the match on the bench plus Croft. I have noticed the players are completely bemused by his instructions. He frequently calls a couple of players over to the touchline who then frantically pass over the instructions to two or three other players. They look confused. Against Southend he did this five minutes after the players had come back after half time!!!.

Neil Adams is now saying in his defence that he is inexperienced. That being so he needs a wise head to support him - Livermore is definitely not the answer. I have the feeling the players do not have much confidence in him - they wanted Hunter !! Against Southend he seemed to be arguing with Hunter. We will have to give him more time but the jury is definitely out. I did agree by the way that the defensive Worthy had to go.

What a waste of money that would be, especially as he hasn''t had a chance to get his own players in. I also understand, although I could not go today, that the team played well at Palace and but for poor finishing could have won.

Typical over reaction Ronbol!I am concerned regarding his tactics and rotation efforts, but until he builds his squad how he wants it (the same way Worthless was allowed to) then we cant really comment.  Do you think that West Ham fans are saying the same about Curbishley?  The squad is still all over the place from the Worthless era and need some new blood and freshness injected.  I would like to see any man come in and try to win games with some of the inept players that are pretending to be ''good'' like the ones we have here, all Worthington signings btw, Docherty, Hughes, Robinson to name a few!

He shouldnt be sacked now. Its ridiculous. The players are pure crap to be honest, exception to a few of them.

Alot of you sack-grant-now''ers are beginning to contradict yourselves. You claim he annoys the best footballers, but excludes the youth. So therefore if he was to put rossi jarvis in midfield for safri or huckerby...you''d all be happy?

Feel free to elaborate.

Don’t forget our lousy, incompetent defence Blacko, because Grant has pointed the finger at them for their part in this afternoons debacle.   

[quote user="vos"]

He does appear to be out of his depth. Appears to be deliberately winding up the better footballers i.e Huckerby and Safri. Today he left Saturday''s man of the match on the bench plus Croft. I have noticed the players are completely bemused by his instructions.

[/quote] Croft is regaining match fitness after a bad injury and Dion is 37 for ch*ist sake! he can not start every match when they are so close together. It was a sensible move to to start 4 5 1 away from home and it was one good finish away from being a really good move!!

Can''t sack him yet although serious questions have to be asked about his motivational abilities.

If someone can motivate Colchester to score goals week in week out and compare to Norwich where we are struggling in all areas, it begs the question what it will take to motivate our guys. It certainly isn''t money.

Grant hasn''t been able to motivate the current group of players. People are asking that he be given a chance until after he''s had a chance to bring some of his own players in. However, you then have an issue with learning curves and team building - so how much time do we give him?

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]we can afford to sack him and we must if we are to stay in this division.

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

Deja Vu, twas only a few months ago as well...

Sack him? Oh come ON!!!

Think before you write! Don''t go into action mode without thinking of the reaction...

He has a 3 and a half year contract-so, just after paying Worthington up on a 1 year, roling contract, you want us to spend another, at least I would say, £1 Million, paying off Grant?

And who should replace him? Who should come to a club that are struggling in the CCC, have sacked a manager after a few months, have no money to spend (because what they had has been poured away in sacking the previous manager) and have little or no chance of progression, what with an aging and imbalanced, expensive squad, one of the worse the club has ever had, we aren''t an attractive proposition, hell, we weren''t when we finished 3rd in the Prem, so we sure as hell ain''t now!

Its no good wittering on about players coming here because of the "great facilities" etc, most players will take it as read that their clubs have decent enough facilities for their precious little selves, if as much as a gold tap is out of place, most players wouild go off on one. Footballeres can be split into two-those who crave success over all (like Paul Scholes) and those who crave the lifestyle, sadly, like most of ours! Equally, thats the type of player we will, with a few exceptions, attract, witht hose that are half decent seeing us as a decent stepping stone onto bigger things-and thats fine if they give us a good few years before hand.

We have to cut our coat according to the cloth-that means inexperienced managers and not always the A list of top players. Support the club because we are Norwich City, don''t support it because you expect thumping wins every week and a place in the Premership by right. Ain''t gonna happen.

I agree sack Grant now. One win in December over the MIGHTY Q.P.R and everyone including the press believe everything is O.K. Well until we go to Palace and normal service is resumed.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Sack him? Oh come ON!!!

Think before you write! Don''t go into action mode without thinking of the reaction...

He has a 3 and a half year contract-so, just after paying Worthington up on a 1 year, roling contract, you want us to spend another, at least I would say, £1 Million, paying off Grant?

And who should replace him? Who should come to a club that are struggling in the CCC, have sacked a manager after a few months, have no money to spend (because what they had has been poured away in sacking the previous manager) and have little or no chance of progression, what with an aging and imbalanced, expensive squad, one of the worse the club has ever had, we aren''t an attractive proposition, hell, we weren''t when we finished 3rd in the Prem, so we sure as hell ain''t now!

Its no good wittering on about players coming here because of the "great facilities" etc, most players will take it as read that their clubs have decent enough facilities for their precious little selves, if as much as a gold tap is out of place, most players wouild go off on one. Footballeres can be split into two-those who crave success over all (like Paul Scholes) and those who crave the lifestyle, sadly, like most of ours! Equally, thats the type of player we will, with a few exceptions, attract, witht hose that are half decent seeing us as a decent stepping stone onto bigger things-and thats fine if they give us a good few years before hand.

We have to cut our coat according to the cloth-that means inexperienced managers and not always the A list of top players. Support the club because we are Norwich City, don''t support it because you expect thumping wins every week and a place in the Premership by right. Ain''t gonna happen.

[/quote]and what reaction would that be - RELEGATIONthis would cost far more than sums you have harped on about.I don''t need to think, I tell it as i see it on the pitch.Follow the charlton way is what we are all told, hope the board listen to there own words and admit they made a mistake and Sack Grant.The charlton way - I DO HOPE SO.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]we can afford to sack him and we must if we are to stay in this division.

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

So, when we stay in this division...would you admit you were wrong? Because in this case it would end up not being worth sacking him, we wouldnt have to pay off his contract or employ another manager!

and, i think someone mentioned, have your mouse looked at. Everytime you click post it seems to send the message 100 times all over the forum.

I dont advocate Sacking Grant at all.

if we do go down then the damage has been done by the Board and Worthy..

lets be realistic here if Grant was to sign 2 or 3 quality players, they would no doubt feature and our fortunes might turn around.. but these players are not a new team, as soon as they suffer loss of form, suspension, or Injury then the likes of Carl robinson will be back in... the new players might be the main stays of a first team but the rest of the squad simply wont be good enough.

its going to take Grant nearly all of those 3 years he has to build a squad that has quality in all areas, if a good player is out, for whatever reason, then a good player comes in.

Ok so maybe we will get relegated, if it does then im sure we will all be very sad. But if thats what it takes to wake the club up, get rid of the dead wood and start building for the future then so be it. Im sure if we could rise from the Ashes under Grants Stewarship and be the next Wigan or Reading we''d all love it wouldnt we?

jas :)

[quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]we can afford to sack him and we must if we are to stay in this division.SACK GRANT NOW[/quote]

So, when we stay in this division...would you admit you were wrong? Because in this case it would end up not being worth sacking him, we wouldnt have to pay off his contract or employ another manager!

and, i think someone mentioned, have your mouse looked at. Everytime you click post it seems to send the message 100 times all over the forum.

[/quote]No because unlike many posters on this board I have ambition. the fact we are now so  low in the division is not exceptable.  I do not except failure  and even if we stay up just above the drop zone it will still be failure...................... and with this safe in the knowledge that many on here will call this an exceptable season. dream on boys and girlsSACK GRANT NOW

I''ve never known anyone without prior direct experience to be able to go straight into a new job and be an instant success, especially whilst using someone else''s tools. Give Grant time to make mistakes and to consequentially learn from them, and who knows, he might just surprise you.

Whilst it''s sad to see City not pushing for the top at the moment, we are clearly in a transition phase where the old ways are steadily being replaced with Grant''s new ways. At least give him the opportunity to change things to his own style before calling for his head.

I''m sure whenever you started in your current line of employment Ronbol (x2) that you were given time to settle into your role - allow Grant a similar settling-in period.

PS: I haven''t insulted you or been rude to you with this posting, so therefore I expect to be given the same courtesy in reply, should you wish to reply.

In your opin, what will be a succesful season then? I''m interested to know what you expected after Worthington was sacked, and another Manager, who is yet to make his mark, was appointed. Oh,  AND HE STILL HASNT HAD A TRANSFER WINDOW, how the hell do you expect him to turn everything round with dead wood? Give the man a chance, if we dont get relegated, which we wont, will you change the record please?

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

No because unlike many posters on this board I have ambition. the fact we are now so  low in the division is not exceptable.  I do not except failure  and even if we stay up just above the drop zone it will still be failure...................... and with this safe in the knowledge that many on here will call this an exceptable season. dream on boys and girls

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

RR has I''m afraid, raised issue''s that''s hard to argue against, and yes, I believe he''s right. WE CAN GET RELEGATED, don''t fall into the trap thinking that we can''t.

I don''t like PG, still, I expect you guessed that!. For sure, he talks a good game, but after that................zero. I also believe he''s upset the dressing room too, and once thats gone.....................

No, Ronbol is right, I know the facts of his case hurts, but he''s right.

Sack Grant Now.........................whatever the cost is!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No, Ronbol is right, I know the facts of his case hurts, but he''s right.

Sack Grant Now.........................whatever the cost is!.

[/quote]

What in the midst of the transfer window, using up a huge chunk of our transfer budget and giving the next manager (who would end up being Livermore, Hunter or some other cheap option) next to no time to change the current underperforming squad.

Yep, that would ensure we''re safe from the impending relegation you keep warning us about. Don''t know why I didn''t think of it earlier!

Start of the season - We must sack worthy, or we will be relegated!

Mid season - We must sack grant, or we will be relegated!

End of season - Who knows?

Think someone mentioned earlier how we must follow the Charlton way. I suppose the cynic would argue that Charlton stuck with the same manager for years, as soon as he left it all went tits up. They have fired two managers already this season and it doesnt seem to be getting them anywhere.

In my book with our midfield no manager is going to be able to get us promoted, lets hope Grant can spot a playmaker or two in the window.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Start of the season - We must sack worthy, or we will be relegated!

Mid season - We must sack grant, or we will be relegated!

End of season - Who knows?

Think someone mentioned earlier how we must follow the Charlton way. I suppose the cynic would argue that Charlton stuck with the same manager for years, as soon as he left it all went tits up. They have fired two managers already this season and it doesnt seem to be getting them anywhere.

In my book with our midfield no manager is going to be able to get us promoted, lets hope Grant can spot a playmaker or two in the window.

[/quote]are there any scotish playmakers!

[quote user="Anderz"]

I''ve never known anyone without prior direct experience to be able to go straight into a new job and be an instant success, especially whilst using someone else''s tools. Give Grant time to make mistakes and to consequentially learn from them, and who knows, he might just surprise you.

Whilst it''s sad to see City not pushing for the top at the moment, we are clearly in a transition phase where the old ways are steadily being replaced with Grant''s new ways. At least give him the opportunity to change things to his own style before calling for his head.

I''m sure whenever you started in your current line of employment Ronbol (x2) that you were given time to settle into your role - allow Grant a similar settling-in period.

PS: I haven''t insulted you or been rude to you with this posting, so therefore I expect to be given the same courtesy in reply, should you wish to reply.

[/quote]allowing a settling in period could possibly end up in relegation - is this what everyone wants on here.I am a fully trained tradesman so when i recenlty moved jobs I was given zero settling in time as you call it. I would not have excepted the job if I had doubts in my ability or for one thought the tools I have are not good enough. This is why I keep harping on about sacking grant - bring in a more experienced manager. relegation will cost far more than sacking grant.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

are there any scotish playmakers!

[/quote]

Why are you so obsessed with the idea that PG is going to sign only Scottish players.

He''s been LINKED with a few but has so far SIGNED one English player.

Is there any substance to it or is it just so you can come on here and rant about Sweaty Socks, Jimmies, Jocks and any other descriptions last heard in a 70''s sitcom!

I can only tell you what I read mainly from the local news sources including the very website we are on now. we will see if he signs any jocks but have a feeling he probably will.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Anderz"]

[/quote]

allowing a settling in period could possibly end up in relegation - is this what everyone wants on here.
I am a fully trained tradesman so when i recenlty moved jobs I was given zero settling in time as you call it. I would not have excepted the job if I had doubts in my ability or for one thought the tools I have are not good enough. This is why I keep harping on about sacking grant - bring in a more experienced manager. relegation will cost far more than sacking grant.

[/quote]

Yep.... a bit like a doctor being told ...."we don''t mind if a few die to start with...''cos you''ll pick it up after a while".......

I still dont think we can judge Grant yet. He has been left a pretty shocking team (Although good players here and there). I would prefer to give him time and see who he can bring in. Delia and co must have seen something in him, lets hope he can show it over the rest of the season. Im sure we can all debate whether he was the right choice (IMO - No).. But I really dont want the situation where we would be hiring and firing managers at the whim of the fans, and in most cases that would probably be every six months or so.