Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

SACK GRANT NOW

Have you been laughing at Charlton getting through 3 managers in 6 months? Yeh so have I.

You could be in the same boat. 

I can tell you something about Grant  - You can have a go at his managership, even though he''s new to it, but you can''t criticise him on the training ground, he is good.

How can a few months be enough for him to sought out any cliques in the dressing room, (like at WHU), settle into a job that he has never done before and get to know who are his best players and will give him the commitment etc that he is looking for.

He was not assistant to Pardew at Reading and WHU because he knew nothing.

If your players are crap, then he has not had a chance to bring in who he wants, including loans players.

Give him much longer to sort you out and, he will.

If you want him out, ask your woman, how much it would cost in compensation.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]we can afford to sack him and we must if we are to stay in this division.

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

So, when we stay in this division...would you admit you were wrong? Because in this case it would end up not being worth sacking him, we wouldnt have to pay off his contract or employ another manager!

and, i think someone mentioned, have your mouse looked at. Everytime you click post it seems to send the message 100 times all over the forum.

[/quote]

No because unlike many posters on this board I have ambition. the fact we are now so  low in the division is not exceptable.  I do not except failure  and even if we stay up just above the drop zone it will still be failure...................... and with this safe in the knowledge that many on here will call this an exceptable season. dream on boys and girls

SACK GRANT NOW
[/quote]

you might not except failure, but do you accept it?

god it''s all you hear "how much it would cost in compensation". does it

really matter. This is the most important point in the clubs history

that i can remember and taking a chance on a guy who has never done the

job is not an option.How many of you on this board where saying we

have a poor squad at the start of the season. hardly any of you, some

still talk about playoffs.shouting as loud as you can and waving

your arms about as much as possible and having failed so far to

motivate the players we have no time to waste.SACK GRANT NOW - NO MORE EXCUSES

Sack Grant????????????????,Who on gods earth would we get?????.

Get a grip man this would cost us look how much we had to pay to get rid of NW!!!!!!!!,PG 3 months into a 3 year deal that would clean us out and then leave no money to get anyone else.

Try living on our world not the fantasy world!!!.

If we were to sack Grant now, irrespective of how much it cost, and we were relegated at the end of the season, would you be happy?

If you are saying that sacking Grant is the right thing to do, then you would accept relegation without complaint because you feel that the club have made the right deceision, but the end result (staying in the championship) was not what we wanted.

You can not dimiss the fact that it will cost money to sack Grant.

If you want Grant sacked, would you be happy if the club has no money left for new players? There is only a finite amount of money in the club.

If you want Grant out now, would you be happy for martin Hunter to take over or do you want another period (a month or more) of uncertainty while the new manager is selected?

We know you want Grant out, but I would be interested to see your response.

Finally, do you live in a £million house? If not, is because of a lack of ambition or because of a lack of funds? Maybe you could afford the house, but not the running cost of it. Just becuase we don''t have what we want, does not mean there is a lack of ambition.

How can a few months be enough for him to sought out any cliques in the dressing room, (like at WHU), settle into a job that he has never done before ..........   Happy Hammer

-----------------------------------------------------

" Cliques in the dressing room " Andy  ... only what I`ve been thinking   for the last two seasons !    ( maybe three ? )      Grants got to sort out  the dressing room , thats for sure   ,  there IS  something festering in there   ,   might I guess   that  there`s  two factions   who don`t get along for one reason or another  ?   I believe Grant is gradually realising this  ..... the trick is.......... whats he going to DO about it ?     not going to be easy   , thats for sure  ,   but vital  for the future of NCFC  ...

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]If we were to sack Grant now, irrespective of how much it cost, and we were relegated at the end of the season, would you be happy? If you are saying that sacking Grant is the right thing to do, then you would accept relegation without complaint because you feel that the club have made the right deceision, but the end result (staying in the championship) was not what we wanted. You can not dimiss the fact that it will cost money to sack Grant. If you want Grant sacked, would you be happy if the club has no money left for new players? There is only a finite amount of money in the club. If you want Grant out now, would you be happy for martin Hunter to take over or do you want another period (a month or more) of uncertainty while the new manager is selected? We know you want Grant out, but I would be interested to see your response. Finally, do you live in a £million house? If not, is because of a lack of ambition or because of a lack of funds? Maybe you could afford the house, but not the running cost of it. Just becuase we don''t have what we want, does not mean there is a lack of ambition.[/quote]

We live in a Multi-million pound stadium, with a lush and luvverly big green carpet in the middle of it. Unfortunately, we are fairly light and limited in what furniture we have to put on the luvverly carpet. Never mind, it looks lovely from the outside - and as long as the neighbour''s are envious of us.

Sacking Grant is not the answer..........Appointing him in the first place..........is not the answer either..........

He didn''t apply for the job, he was head-hunted and appointed - and was their choice for whatever reasons. Now he''s here, I think he deserves a shout, and the board must back him.

[quote user="sheded"]

How can a few months be enough for him to sought out any cliques in the dressing room, (like at WHU), settle into a job that he has never done before ..........   Happy Hammer

" Cliques in the dressing room " Andy  ... only what I`ve been thinking   for the last two seasons !    ( maybe three ? )      Grants got to sort out  the dressing room , thats for sure   ,  there IS  something festering in there   ,   might I guess   that  there`s  two factions   who don`t get along for one reason or another  ?   I believe Grant is gradually realising this  ..... the trick is.......... whats he going to DO about it ?     not going to be easy   , thats for sure  ,   but vital  for the future of NCFC  ...

[/quote]I agree there are two factions in the dressing room and they clearly don''t get along, we need to get rid of the smallest and least important faction straight away, from what I can make out one faction is made up of the players, the other faction is Peter Grant

As much as I don''t like him....we appear to be stuck in this dilemma by yet another master stroke by the Board in giving him a 3 and a half year contract. We must hope then that he does well and proves us "Doubting Thomas''s" wrong.

My biggest fear is that he is being given the last worthwhile transfer kitty City will have for years....and his eye for talent is not too amazing. Once spent....that''s it......we''ll be in the same finacial boat as Ip**** and Luton for years to come.

I hope we''re all wrong and that Delia flashes the cash for PG to go out and buy a myriad of young talent....but if that isn''t the case...we''re in trouble.

Honestly consider the consequences of sacking Grant. It is to ridiculous to even contemplate. And, apart from not having given him a chance, of course it matters that it would cost us a ton in compensation. To think otherwise is to completely ignore reality!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]
[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

I agree there are two factions in the dressing room and they clearly don''t get along, we need to get rid of the smallest and least important faction straight away, from what I can make out one faction is made up of the players, the other faction is Peter Grant
[/quote]

There is only one trick here. It''s working out how you come to the conclusion that there is a dressing room rift. Any evidence?

Ronbol, Ronbol.  Your post is not of the motivational kind either and has in content much of the same B/**** that manifested our boards during the W/Out period.  This! my reply to your post is not in a polite vane, but is has the sort of manner that you accuse Grant of.  You, like many others believe that motivation comes from the Manager,  I am probably one of the few that believe that motivation to do the best that you can is a personal attribute that comes from within.  I see a 37 year old  that motivates himself and indeed tries woefully to get others to get their fingers out during the games in which he is involved.  Also, I suppose that you believe that another £8000000 in Grants pocket once sacked and because of the contract clause, will do wonders for our much depleted purchasing budget.  I think another manager will do nothing for our cause.  I also think that while ignoring his obvious faults (we all have them ,you know) he should at least be given a run in period to improve his newly acquired management skills, for like us all at this stage in a career he as much to learn.

Grant is an unproven manager of limited experience, so far he has been poor (and thats being generous.  He was THE WRONG CHOICE DONCASTER!!!  READ IT - THE WRONG CHOICE.

With todays comment about Crofts backheal - WHICH FOUND ITS MAN!!!  how long would Ronaldinho last under Worthing...  sorry Grant.  What a pillock.

We needed a change in manager and management style not a clone of the last idiot.

Thanks for your comments, glad that they might have helped?

Grant will get around to sorting the players out that he wants to keep, but not before he is sure. He will need to find out what impact it might have on your Club..

It does not seem like rocket science to me, but perhaps, I might be missing something -

If it were me, for aguements sake, I would -

Make sure that my staff attended as many reserve matches, of premiership sides, as was possible. They should make reports on each player. Highlighting those, that the club might be interested in bringing to Norwich. 

I would then make personal contact with all premiership clubs, letting them know that the club is in the market for loan players. Armed with the reports, I would ask whether they were prepared to loan out any of their players. I could offer them competative games in a Championship side. My staff will already have seen the reserves play, so I''m one step ahead.

I know about, all the possible problems with loans, but if I make a mistake, it will not cost me the earth to get rid of them. You never know, I might uncover a jewel who would like to join Norwich on a full time basis?

As an example, at my club, West Ham,  the following players might be available on loan, or as frees?

Christian Dailly -Scotland captain, vice captain of club, Good centre half who, would organize your defence. Terrific enthusiasm, with great experience. With the players that Curbishly is bringing in, your club should be aware that he might be available on a free, in the summer.

Teddy Sheringham, what a player, won''t be at the club too much longer.

WHU have too many right backs now. Tyrone Mears, or John Pantsil might be available?

James Collins, Welsh international centre half, could fall down the pecking order if Curbishly buys big?

Hogan Ephrain - From the WHU academy, aged 17, centre forward, prolific scorer of goals. Tipped to be one for the future. Plays for England at his age group, but probably needs some competative experience at a lower league level.

Kyle Reid, as above really.

Suddenly, hey presto, you''ve got some players to freshen up your team?

Best regards

Andy

p.s. No you can''t have Noble.  He''s going to go a long way in the game. You? eating jellied eals?

I''d like to see it!

i can tell u now Christian Daily would not be welcomed at this football club due to an incident that left Phil Mulrynes Leg Shattered when at Blackburn

jas :)