Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

How many fans...

are hoping we lose the next two games so we get rid of Worthy?Now I know we''re all fans of the club, we want to see us win. But in the greater scale of things, if two losses get Worthy out, then would you take those two losses? I don''t care much for this Worthy out business, I want to see the club do well, and if changing manager helps then so be it. But some people out there, are they willing us to lose these next two matches?

I want them to win (hopefully impressively), no doubt about it. Even it were the last match of the season, nothing resting on it for us, but our defeat & 3 points to our opponents would cause the Town to be relegated, I''d STILL want us to win

I cant say i want to sree City lose to Burnley. But I do want to see some new direction and ambition from the board. So I will console myself in defeat that maybe something will change. I would sooner lose to Burnley now, as sickening as that may be, than lose to ipswich in a few weeks time, in the same pathetic fashion as last season, simply because we are still totally inept, abject, leaderless, amnd lacking in ideas, effort and passion. A dynamic new manager may shake the sh*t out of a few people sufficiently to save us that ignominy.  

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I want them to win (hopefully impressively), no doubt about it. Even it were the last match of the season, nothing resting on it for us, but our defeat & 3 points to our opponents would cause the Town to be relegated, I''d STILL want us to win[/quote]

PATHETIC.- how long have you been a city fan?

I used to dream about Brian Gunn turning around in the last minute of the match and rolling the ball into the back of our own net to get Town relegated... [:D]

As previously posted I want us to win, and not just because there''s something very unhealthy about wanting your own team to lose. 

If we win, it puts the responsibility back onto the board where it belongs.  Back him or sack him, it''s make your mind up time.

Unfortunately Delia has kind of pushed people into a bizarre situation.  I want us to win every game always, but winning games is now linked to Worthington staying, and that is a subject that should have been dealt with cleanly, and without dragging the whole club and support through the upcoming nightmare.

Even the board acknowledge he is failing, so why is he there when he has been failing for two seasons?

Unfortunately, black and white will take on many shades of grey in coming days!

[quote user="Gamera"]are hoping we lose the next two games so we get rid of Worthy?

Now I know we''re all fans of the club, we want to see us win. But in the greater scale of things, if two losses get Worthy out, then would you take those two losses? I don''t care much for this Worthy out business, I want to see the club do well, and if changing manager helps then so be it. But some people out there, are they willing us to lose these next two matches?
[/quote]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I want them to win (hopefully impressively), no doubt about it. Even it were the last match of the season, nothing resting on it for us, but our defeat & 3 points to our opponents would cause the Town to be relegated, I''d STILL want us to win[/quote]

I used to dream about Brian Gunn turning around in the last minute of the match and rolling the ball into the back of our own net to get Town relegated... [:D]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s PATHETIC, the success of the team I support is always more important to me then the failure of any other team. In answer to your question, 18 years

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Gunny doing that to relegate Tahn would be better than sex!!

I never want to see City lose, as i stated on previous posts two draws would do me and hopefully get rid of Worthy, 3-3 sunday so we get some entertainment and a 0-0 against QPR.

Don''t we all want them to win all of the time.......but when they do lose, don''t we want them to lose having tried?

All this Worthington out stuff is a smokescreen which is hiding the fact that all we want is to see our team giving it all they have got on matchdays. In my view that hasn''t happened for a mighty long time.

Win win every time, any other problems can always be sorted out, didn''t we win the last 2 home games of Mike  Walkers reign 5-0 and he still left. The season is still early and we need the points.

[quote user="Tufnell Park Canary"]In the long run, two resounding defeats could be for the best.[/quote] I agree but I can see the horrible scenario of another season like last where we keep winning the odd game but losing too many to get promoted but not enough to get rid of Worthy. I''m also not sure a manager coming in would be able to turn things around quickly therefore two more defeats may be enough to cost us the season in terms of promotion! On the other hand winning them and keeping Worthy may and probably will cost us the season anyway. Guess that means I''m sitting on the fence!! :-S

Ideal scenario = win both games but with no passion and commitment and rubbish football so we get three points but Worthy is still sacked. I can dream......

There''s just no words to adequately respond to this. You''re taking the p*ss aren''t you?
I guess 75 % of City fans aren''t City fans then.

[quote user="Bundy"]There''s just no words to adequately respond to this. You''re taking the p*ss aren''t you?
I guess 75 % of City fans aren''t City fans then.[/quote]

? What are you on about? How can you be a city fan and not be a city fan????? Your post does not make sense.

[quote user="Bundy"]There''s just no words to adequately respond to this. You''re taking the p*ss aren''t you?I guess 75 % of City fans aren''t City fans then.[/quote]Sorry, what? I have no idea where you''ve pulled this 75% figure from, or how you figured I was taking the p*ss. I was merely stating how if we lose these two games many fans would possibly get their wish of Worthy being removed, and would hopefully lead to more success in the future at the expense of those two games. Not a completly illogical idea.

[quote user="Gamera"][quote user="Bundy"]There''s just no words to adequately respond to this. You''re taking the p*ss aren''t you?

Sorry, what? I have no idea where you''ve pulled this 75% figure from, or how you figured I was taking the p*ss. I was merely stating how if we lose these two games many fans would possibly get their wish of Worthy being removed, and would hopefully lead to more success in the future at the expense of those two games. Not a completly illogical idea.
[/quote]

Gamera - the reason your moderate statement/ question was attacked was precisely because it was moderate. The WO (or should we say "Megson Inners" - MIs) fanatics on this board hunt in packs attacking anybody who does not follow thier orthodox party line.

It is why so many ordinary fans don''t bother posting anymore - they know that all they will get is a load of personal attack (ie fools or related to Delia) or a factlist (FACT we have not won away since Worthingotn took over etc).

It is just part of their everyday tactics.

Spot on, GOTF.  No argument with that, despite what those people with personal grievances spurt out.

In my opinion we are never going to get back to the Premiership whilst Worthington is managing us.  I would never travel to Norwich hoping to see us lose, and therefore, 0-0 for both the next games should be enough to see him on his way.  It would be so easy to stay at home and watch the match on Sky, but nothing compares with the atmosphere of a full house at Carrow Road on matchdays.  City till I die.

I didn''t get where I am today without talking about work ethic, and showing passion on the touchline with my arms folded.

[quote user="Gamera"][quote user="Bundy"]There''s just no words to adequately respond to this. You''re taking the p*ss aren''t you?

Sorry, what? I have no idea where you''ve pulled this 75% figure from, or how you figured I was taking the p*ss. I was merely stating how if we lose these two games many fans would possibly get their wish of Worthy being removed, and would hopefully lead to more success in the future at the expense of those two games. Not a completly illogical idea.
[/quote]

You are saying that jsut because we don''t agree with you that we are not real fans. You will see today that we are the majority not you and then we will drive the champers brigade out of carrow road along with worthingotn and smith.