Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Continue This "Feud" Everyday, Please!

Wizard,

I''ve known you for a couple of years and you change your opinions as often as I change my knickers [:D]

If we do go up no-one will be happier than me but no I won''t be apologising to Worthy for having doubts about his managerment skills and wanting him gone. I don''t think he''s the right man for the job after last season and this lady''s not for turning. [:D]

CA xx

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]Please see the list of threads for the proof. I have been back through the archives.[/quote]

and please my reply [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Wizard,

I''ve known you for a couple of years and you change your opinions as often as I change my knickers [:D]

If we do go up no-one will be happier than me but no I won''t be apologising to Worthy for having doubts about his managerment skills and wanting him gone. I don''t think he''s the right man for the job after last season and this lady''s not for turning. [:D]

CA xx

[/quote]

Of course Worthy can win, if we carry on playing football like we are currently playing then we will be OK.

Yeah come on can you not just stick to one opinion instead of being dead certain on one thing on day, saying that nothing will change it, but then a few days later saying completely different.

I think you should go over the figures again and list everything that was spent and where it went.  Also it depends where you are at in management and what your requirements are and what is available.  I would imagine that Adie was fairly satisfied with what he had and therefore the adjustments to players was minimal.  Also I take what was said in the article in the EDP as being a fair appraisal of our expenditure, rather than heed what in your case is a well varnished CJF version of the facts according to the effect you wish to create.  I do say in your defence that Worthy did his best but was not without fault in his acquisitions.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The season is only 4 games old, and already the wolves are sharpening their teeth to have a go at Worthy''s throat. If we win, or play well, its Hunters doing, not the manager.

If we haven''t signed anyone, or someone wants to leave and its raining again, its Worthy''s fault. Poor Nigel can''t win in some people''s eyes, and its so bloody unfair.

I really hope Worthy can get us up this year (although people will claim its down to Hunter I suppose!) because I think a lot of people will then need to answer the following question with total honesty:

1. If, as Hunter has said, he will not interfere with Worthys plans, then who is responsible for the turnaround other than Worthy himself?.

2. When, not if, we go up next season, will you publicly apologise to Worthy on this website?.

I await your replies with baited breath!.

[/quote]

I have heard some tripe in my life,but what you are writing now wiz boards on the ridiculous. How on earth can anyone really believe a word you are saying? Im probably one of the biggest worthy outers on this board (although i rarely get drawn into stupid arguments & dont feel the need to either back worthy or throw insults at him).But there is no way on this earth that i could change my mind about him after 4 games,even if i wanted to! Im just glad i dont know you personally,i think you would drive me crazy in the nicest possible way.

City Angel - the evidence is there for all to see.

You said that people who did not join the protest "did not care one tiny litlle bit" about the club - FACT

You said that fans that did not share your views "were in cloud cuckoo land" - FACT

So by your definition, any non protester  doesn''t care about the club and is in cloud cuckoo land. How can you possibly argue that this does not question our loyalty?

Wizard, isn''t this thread simply a variation on "End this feud today!" ??? You seem to be dredging at the bottom of the barrel my friend. Is the tide out in Lowestoft at the moment?

I have to say to cityangel that, in my opinion there is at least a seven day gap before Wizard goes from one extreme to the other in his opinions. I certainly hope your knicker changing frequency is more frequent than that. On the other hand, taking a look at Marty''s avatar, it hardly appears in some cases that there is anything there to change. 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]Please see the list of threads for the proof. I have been back through the archives.[/quote]

and please my reply [:D]

[/quote]

I don''t get it Angel. Are you saying that claiming that fans who don''t support you are in cloud cuckoo land is not a contemptuous statement? I certainly don''t think it is very supportive!

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

The season is only 4 games old, and already the wolves are sharpening their teeth to have a go at Worthy''s throat. If we win, or play well, its Hunters doing, not the manager.

If we haven''t signed anyone, or someone wants to leave and its raining again, its Worthy''s fault. Poor Nigel can''t win in some people''s eyes, and its so bloody unfair.

I really hope Worthy can get us up this year (although people will claim its down to Hunter I suppose!) because I think a lot of people will then need to answer the following question with total honesty:

1. If, as Hunter has said, he will not interfere with Worthys plans, then who is responsible for the turnaround other than Worthy himself?.

2. When, not if, we go up next season, will you publicly apologise to Worthy on this website?.

I await your replies with baited breath!.

[/quote]

The season is only 4 games old, still a long way to go and if we start to underperform you will no doubt change your views on Worthy again. I am amazed how someone can go from being the most anti worthy to someone whos acting like he''s supported him all along. Your the one who should be apoligising to Worthy now, I''ve seen the stuff you''ve said on wotb/pinkun, it really is nothing but demeaning insults and hate posts and you used any excuse to attack him yourself, so how dare you come on here acting all rightous. And yes I do believe IMO hunter should receive a large slice of credit for our recent success. No I won''t be apoligising, 1) because I don''t have anything to apoligise for 2) I still have alot of doubt that we will make it anyway
[/quote]

As I''ve never, ever, posted anything on WOTB, I''ll have an apology please!.

What erks a lot of you who have replied is the fact that I can and have pledged my support to Worthington.

You all WANT him to fail. 

Whereas I don''t want him to fail. Failure can only hurt City, and you would rather have that to prove your point, then have City and Worthy succeeding

Yes, I have already apologised to Worthy on here, No, I have never, ever, written on WOTB, if I have, produce the post!.

I believe a lot of posters have a different agenda to the real City fans on this message board, I can only guess what that is.

I have changed my opinion, people do, some more than others I''ll grant you, live with it!.

OTBC.

Why not make a pledge here and now City Angel you only get to change your knickers when Wiz changes his opinion but lets alert the knicker manufacturing countries of the world first!

What circumstances do you think have changed MOTR? We have played 4 games, taken 1 point out of 6 in away games that we probably should have won ( I''ll come back to this point in a moment ), we were probably very fortunate to be allowed back into the Luton match at home but, admittedly showed determination in eking out the victory, we still have a paper-thin squad which has to be strengthened before the end of August ( not weakened as is being talked about at the moment ), or the likelihood is that we will not play even at the current level over the coming months.

If your main point of changed circumstances is that we appear to be playing football again, while I think that''s great, I honestly think there are far too many people that are being extremely premature in reaching a judgement that a significant corner has been turned. I understand why people are perhaps jumping prematurely....it''s because the benchmark for comparison is some of the dire performances from last season. I would remind you of some of the teams who were on 7 points after 4 games last season. They include Luton, Southampton, Stoke, Ipswich, Derby and QPR. I''m sure the fans of those teams had high hopes at their teams position in the table looking favourable at that early stage. They went on to finish 10th,12th,13th, 15th, 20th and 21st respectively. All I''m saying is we have to keep a level head and look to see what action the club takes before the end of August.

With respect to the away games I referred to, observers say we put in two good performances and probably did enough to provide the opportunity to win both games. Most sports teams are not always going to put in those types of performances away from home and, when you do, it''s important to take advantage of those opportunities. For most teams there will be lots of occasions when you don''t perform away from home and fail to get any points. It''s the teams that take advantage of their opportunities that will likely be at the top of the pack as the season progresses.

Freedom of speech is both a concept & a principle. Abstract in this case has nothing to do with abstract art. It is abstract because it does not exist in any society, as it would lead to rapid disintegration of said society.

You use this misinterpretation to attempt to belittle the original poster. This is your usual technique. 

Freedom of speech means the right to say whatever you desire, including the freedom to tell lies (i.e. saying what you believe to be untrue, in your case often because you believe others with opposing views to be lying to further their ends), to slander, smear & use innuendo to accuse others of extreme mendacity & stupidity.

Sometimes freedom of speech isn''t all it''s cracked up to be.

Will you change again if we lose the next 10 games. No!!!. Fine you believe what you want. The question is do you post what you think most others think or what you think will get you the most attention. I am all for self expression after all that is what these forums are for. A place for all to post their view and as long as those views are your views it is all good. Changing your views is fine. I would imagine you previous views were extreme as are your new ones. Is that you prerogative? Yes!!. Do you think that all that you have said in the past was wrong? I doubt it do you think all you are saying now is right I doubt that too. I just hope that the team is more consistent than your views then we all win and that includes Worthy.

I must really get up your nose Andrew. You seem to relish popping up when you can get your little claws into me. I won''t even react to the inaccuracies within your post. All I will suggest is read the hostility within your post as well as the one I reacted to from Ralph Wright and see if you are capable of making an objective judgement as to whether my post to Ralph even comes close to either in level of nastiness.

[quote user="beelsie"]I think you should go over the figures again and list everything that was spent and where it went.  Also it depends where you are at in management and what your requirements are and what is available.  I would imagine that Adie was fairly satisfied with what he had and therefore the adjustments to players was minimal.  Also I take what was said in the article in the EDP as being a fair appraisal of our expenditure, rather than heed what in your case is a well varnished CJF version of the facts according to the effect you wish to create.  I do say in your defence that Worthy did his best but was not without fault in his acquisitions.[/quote]

Watford finished 18th the year before Adie took charge, he spent the 1.5ish million well

Players in

PlayerFromFeeDate
Jordan StewartLeicester£ 12500001-07-2005
Martin DevaneyCheltenhamFree01-07-2005
JuniorDerbyFree16-07-2005
Darius HendersonGillingham£ 45000004-08-2005
Clarke CarlisleLeeds£ 10000005-08-2005
Malky MackayWest HamFree19-08-2005
Matthew SpringLeeds£ 15000019-08-2005
Les FerdinandReadingFree14-09-2005
Marlon KingNottm Forest£ 50000021-12-2005

I am not entirely sure what was wrong with my list of prices of players.  We will see this year anyway, lets hope top 6 can be acheived.

I take your point Yankee and there certainly is a long way togo before we start ordering any champagne! However, my main point is that if you trace your way back through this thread you will see people who have stated bladly that they will not change their minds about Worthington''s ability even if we win promotion.

My point is that I don''t see this as a virtuous consistency but blind prejudice. If (and yes, this is an extremely big and premature if) we were to get promoted, I don''t see how anybody could hold this as a logical viewpoint.

Secondly, I was trying to separate the two strands of "Worthy Out" (sorry to use the phrase again) sentiment. There is the normal concern that many of us shared last year but also the fanatical dislike of Worthy that meat that any action they took became defensible. This latter group tried to disrupt the club with protests and forged petitions. They were never representative of the majority of fans, no matter how they tried to potray themselves.

I don''t place you within the latter group, Yankee, as you have displayed an ability to reason and discuss. If you enter into a discussion with the other group, all you end up withis the same tired list of statements/ questions - who was the man that bought a bad player(s), sold a good one, played a person out of position etc. Every manager has done this at some stage but it is trotted out as finite proof of their position.

For someone who NEVER goes to ANY Norwich games, you sure have a lot of  ''put downs'' on City YC.

Maybe if you had attended the Preston game you''d have some idea of my feelings on this.

And that goes for a lot of the other armchair fans on here too!.

My, my, my, Wizard.....how far are you prepared to go away from your tradional beliefs. At one time you were the first to defend all fans, regardless of their circumstances ( did you stop having feelings and opinions when you were incapacitated? ) Not now it seems. This is what I meant when I discussed principles with you a few posts ago. First of all, you don''t know when I go to Norwich City games. All you can reasonably deduce is that it''s not frequent. That does not stop me putting forth some of the more reasoned posts on here....and it won''t!! In a few days I will also be projecting my annual forecast of where we will finish with points total. I will remind you that I have been within a point or two of being spot on for the past two seasons. Put that in your nasty cauldron and take a deep breath. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]My, my, my, Wizard.....how far are you prepared to go away from your tradional beliefs. At one time you were the first to defend all fans, regardless of their circumstances ( did you stop having feelings and opinions when you were incapacitated? ) Not now it seems. This is what I meant when I discussed principles with you a few posts ago. First of all, you don''t know when I go to Norwich City games. All you can reasonably deduce is that it''s not frequent. That does not stop me putting forth some of the more reasoned posts on here....and it won''t!! In a few days I will also be projecting my annual forecast of where we will finish with points total. I will remind you that I have been within a point or two of being spot on for the past two seasons. Put that in your nasty cauldron and take a deep breath. [/quote]

Blue is the colour eh Yankee?.[;)]

A direct question.

Are you the same Yankee Canary that claimed to have left Norwich sometime in the early 1960''s - so have no responsibility to answer questions on your true allegiance ?

It might explain your constant attacks and attempts to demean our club.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

City Angel - the evidence is there for all to see.

You said that people who did not join the protest "did not care one tiny litlle bit" about the club - FACT

You said that fans that did not share your views "were in cloud cuckoo land" - FACT

So by your definition, any non protester  doesn''t care about the club and is in cloud cuckoo land. How can you possibly argue that this does not question our loyalty?

[/quote]

Although you have been active in this room you still have not addressed these points. I would be most grateful if you would.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"] First of all, you don''t know when [/quote]

Out of interest, when was your last visit to Carrow Road?  Just interested, that''s all.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Why not make a pledge here and now City Angel you only get to change your knickers when Wiz changes his opinion but lets alert the knicker manufacturing countries of the world first!
[/quote]

You''re on [:)]

[quote] user="YankeeCanary"].................... That does not stop me putting forth some of the more reasoned posts on here.... [/quote]

I like your reasoning in this post

"I must say that, normally, it is not my nature to announce that I will no longer participate on this message board. I prefer to go quietly into the night from time to time. In respect to this subject, however, I am making an exception. If censoring is to take place I clearly will not be participating from this point forward."