Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Continue This "Feud" Everyday, Please!

Wizard does not want his thread affected by contrary opinion so let''s have the opposing view on another thread.

What is a feud anyway? It''s certainly more applicable to the Hatfield/McCoy scenario. You might say replace those names with KTF or WO. Does that then constitute a feud? Only if people fire pellets at each others head with a flag attached labelling the target as a KTF or WO. To have negative opinion about what is transpiring at Norwich City FC, either in the way a player, the team or the management has performed should be welcomed and challenged, as long as it is supported with a reasonably stated point of view. Even if you don''t agree with it. Further, PARTICULARLY  if you don''t agree with it because it then stimulates you to give your opposing opinion, with reason of course. It makes for a more interesting and stimulating message board. What''s the alternative....a message board filled with something like the following?

"Well, we have had 10 games so far and are in 13th place, only garnering 13 points out of a possible 30. Not to worry. We''ve had some really good performances considering the fact that we lost three of our quality players to injuries. The squad is thin, but we knew that going in so no need to criticise anyone. We''re bearing up really well under the circumstances. Good to see Hughes back on the pitch, even though he is a stinker from a skill perspective. Don''t you just love his attitude however. We''ve had two more captains appointed since Drury was eased aside once more. Isn''t it wonderful how our club is so flexible this way? No many clubs in the country demonstrate such tolerance. It must be the positive affect of the Nofolk air. Nigel has folded his arms a lot more lately and, yes, he''s fired a few nasty comments at some of the fans, but he''s a lovely fellow anyway. Oh, I realise his description of what has transpired on the pitch in the last three losses bears no resemblance to reality, but I''ve always had a soft spot for fiction, so I say bring it on Nigel. I''m with you all the way." Etc, etc, etc

So you''re looking forward to the club doing badly so that you''ll have something to post about. I never realised that being miserable could be so enjoyable.

Errrrm I think yankee was postulating as to the sort of comments we might get without a "feud" or any difference of opinion rather than his actual views, but then I was never much good at English.

What I object to is personal abuse, insults and ill-considered rants of which we have had quite a lot of during the last year as things at Planet Carrow Road got bad. That is not good. What I do agree with is a forum for the exchange of opinion and contsructive stimulating debate, so in a sense I agree with yankee''s inference that if we all agreed this Board would actually become rather tame and ultimately pointless.

So my position is an end to abuse, but long live the feud!

ALOS - You seem to have forgotten that Wiz is the biggest wind up merchant on this message board, I do not believe for one minute that he has had a "road to Damascus" moment, secondly what Yankee Canary is saying is that reasoned debate should still continue, and I for one agree with him. This board would be a realy dull place if we all became "Stepford Fans". 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]ALOS - You seem to have forgotten that Wiz is the biggest wind up merchant on this message board, I do not believe for one minute that he has had a "road to Damascus" moment, secondly what Yankee Canary is saying is that reasoned debate should still continue, and I for one agree with him. This board would be a realy dull place if we all became "Stepford Fans". [/quote]

You do me a great dis-service SOB, only time will convince you (and others) of my sincerity and motives.

Wizard, you appear to have totally missed the point of what is obviously a hypothetical scenario. Two points in response. First of all you are the last person, not the first, that should be challenging someone who is not united behind all things Norwich City. Your opinions change with the wind, which is why people will need more than a little time to grasp whether there is any sincerity in your newly arrived at point of view. So for you to put out the call that everyone should unite behind your newly discovered positive point of view is, quite frankly, laughable. I have known dictators that applied higher principles. This is why I recently strongly suggested to the board moderators that they think very carefully about censoring posts. Secondly, on another of your threads you pointed out to a negative responder that your thread was not intended for their slant and that they should post elsewhere. I suggest you afford others the same respect that you appear to require for yourself. This thread is in support of reasonably stated opinions regardless of whether they are negative or positive towards all things Norwich City.   

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Why on earth do you bother supporting Norwich Yankee?, all you ever do is take cheap shots at them!.[/quote]

Blimey - I actually agree with the Wizard. 

Now you see who you find agreeing with you Wizard. People who can''t tell the difference between a "blind faith" point of view and support of democratically stated opinion, regardless of whether it''s positive or negative. Good luck. I hope the bed is comfortable.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Wizard, you appear to have totally missed the point of what is obviously a hypothetical scenario. Two points in response. First of all you are the last person, not the first, that should be challenging someone who is not united behind all things Norwich City. Your opinions change with the wind, which is why people will need more than a little time to grasp whether there is any sincerity in your newly arrived at point of view. So for you to put out the call that everyone should unite behind your newly discovered positive point of view is, quite frankly, laughable. I have known dictators that applied higher principles. This is why I recently strongly suggested to the board moderators that they think very carefully about censoring posts. Secondly, on another of your threads you pointed out to a negative responder that your thread was not intended for their slant and that they should post elsewhere. I suggest you afford others the same respect that you appear to require for yourself. This thread is in support of reasonably stated opinions regardless of whether they are negative or positive towards all things Norwich City.   [/quote]

Hitler murderd 6 million jews Yankee, Pol Pot murdered many of his people and yet you say a dictator has higher principles than me?.

Yeah, right!.

[quote]This thread is in support of reasonably stated opinions regardless of whether they are negative or positive towards all things Norwich City.[/quote]

Now, if you''d have put that as the subject of the thread, everyone would be clapping and cheering and patting you on the back.  But then you couldn''t have had a pop at Wiz if you''d done that, could you ?   Don''t get me wrong, I''m all for having a pop at Wiz, I''m amazed that he managed to write an article for the matchday programme without starting it "This will be my last message to you all..." :)

Can I just add that I am in support of reasonably stated opinions that have some bearing to the facts that are known about the situations and people concerned ?

Most of the time I''m dismissed as rabidly pro-club, when in fact, I''m all for an anti-club view that can be backed up with some kind of accurate evidence.  Some of the best posts in here describe (from the posters point of view) where the team are going wrong on the pitch, for example.  From accurate analysis of management and team we can learn.  From wifey tittle-tattle and girly-gossip (thanks Mello) we cannot.

A feud is surely demonstrated when a discussion degenerates into the illogical abuse, random rantings, personal 1 line put downs of  club &/or posters without regard to a point being made  -some posters on here have post counts in the hundreds based on that and nothing else - it is that which needs to be removed.  There are more posters on here with personal vendettas against other posters than there are in the equally negative pro or anti manager camps - the vast majority have a concern for the club without the attached bitterness. 

A discussion is not a feud - and this place becomes meaningless is no one is allowed to criticise a performance and discuss what needs to be done to improve the team;  this can be acheived while still ''supporting'' the team.  At the moment it seems that the team cannot be criticised at any costs without negative 1 lines coming flying back, yet we have only moved from poor to good rather than excellent performance - there remain clear gaps and these should be discussed openly and constructively.

" Why on earth do you bother supporting Norwich Yankee "

I didn''t know he did. Perhaps he could care to tell us when it was he was last at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]ALOS - You seem to have forgotten that Wiz is the biggest wind up merchant on this message board, I do not believe for one minute that he has had a "road to Damascus" moment, secondly what Yankee Canary is saying is that reasoned debate should still continue, and I for one agree with him. This board would be a realy dull place if we all became "Stepford Fans". [/quote]

SOB, you seem to have forgotten that YC promised never to post again on here because of censorship by the Moderators, has he had a "bugger the first amendment" moment?

I enjoy reasoned debate but YC''s third paragraph is just taking a very simplified view of the argument and making out thats all there will be on here, thats doing us all a disservice.

Whislt I may not agree with Yankee on many points, I think that he is right that the message board should be open to debate and it can at times be acerbic. It is right that different views are discussed.

Where I do take issue is with some of the things that took place last year (this is not to suggest that yankee supported them). To express your dissatisfaction in here is one thing but to celebrate opposition goals! What kind of football supporter could do that. We have already had people in this roo saying that they cheer when we are defeated because it is another nail in Worthy''s coffin. Can they really be classed as supporters?

Perhaps worst of all was the self-elected petition group that deliberately tried to forge a petition exaggerating the extent of the miscontent last year. Any football club would be better off without people like these. Debate "yes," deliberate forgery to advance your own cause "no!" 

YC! as ever your points are well made and should be easily understood by all and sundry, ie; explanation should not be necessary. However IMHO It should not be necessary to name call bad mouth or denigrate the subject matter or indeed the opposite opinion made by the replier.  Much as should be the rules for engagement in any democratic meeting where the the address must always be made through the speaker, the appointment of which in my opinion should not be necessary on a board forum such as this.

IE. Worthington should be referred to as such and so should Delia not be referred to as the Ginger bitch.  Please take note my pointed hat witch hunter who has become reincarnated this week at least. If indeed you are listening.  Also if the points to be made are factual it should be able to be proved, if the points made are conjecture then this ought to be stated in the title.  This in MHO is a way forward for realistic debate of an adult nature. OTBC

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Why on earth do you bother supporting Norwich Yankee " I didn''t know he did. Perhaps he could care to tell us when it was he was last at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Hear hear brother Ralph!!!!!

So YankeeCanary, why have you made such a post, as far above the heads of many as a Greeno clearance without the requisite posting of Seat number, ticket stub scans and Doctors letter certifying attendance????? Didn''t you know that without at least 1000,000,000,000 Canary miles under your belt your opinion counts for nothing round here and is easily countered by the likes of Ralph Right [sic] (no relation) and his "I went so my opinion is more important attitude"?

Ralph. Mid 80''s, we''d just been beaten 5-1 at home by QPR. Were you the man we took the p!ss out of in the Rouen for saying you thought we played well????? I thought so......

So yet another invention by Paul (or whoever he is this time) to argue against. The post was not an ''attempt to class Yankee as less of a fan than himself''. If there is any inference to be drawn it is that I don''t believe for one moment that Yankee Canary is a City supporter or ever has been. Thankfully both Beelsie and Getting off the fence have stated much of what appears to be wrong here. How many threads are started on this forum based on some unfounded speculation that merely serve as a means to attack the club or it''s staff ? Try redressing that misinformation and you are met with personal abuse rather than any factual backup. I can only surmise that the use of abuse is a convenient cover for a threadbare argument.

[quote user="Rolph Wright"]So yet another invention by Paul (or whoever he is this time) to argue against. The post was not an ''attempt to class YankeeDoodleDandy as less of a fan than himself''. I don''t believe for one moment that Yankee Canary is a City supporter or ever has been. Thankfully both Beelsiebob and Getting off the fence have stated much of what appears to be wrong here. How many threads are started on this forum based on some unfounded speculation that merely serve as a means to attack the club or it''s staff ? Try redressing that misinformation and you are met with personal abuse rather than any factual backup. I can only surmise that the use of abuse is a convenient cover for a threadbare argument.[/quote]

Whassup Rolph?? Who is attacking the club?? Are you??  Have you ever been to Carrow Road??

to be honest a lot of what has actually happened at the club, has brought people to the point that they beleive some of the speculation could be true, cos thats the sort of thing the club has been doing....

You know something Ralph ( Ralph Wright ), I was probably a Norwich supporter way before you were born. Who knows, maybe even before your Daddy was born. Despite that, not once have I ever accused any single poster on this message board of not being a Norwich supporter. Incidentally, the purpose of this thread ( if you put your thinking cap on ) is not to attack affairs related to NCFC but to make the case not only for there to be room for all on this board to praise and criticise affairs of Norwich City in a constructive way, but that it is essential for healthy and stimulating interchange. Incidentally, people like beelsie would be much more likely to believe that it''s people like you rather than me that are what''s wrong on this board. Why don''t you stop attacking people and start putting some solid effort into thought process before you write. It takes a little more effort but it strengthens you as an individual.

P.S: ( For Wizard ) As you keep telling others to read what you wrote, perhaps you will allow me to point out you should take a little of your own advice. I did not state Hitler''s ilk had higher principles than you....I said, in the context of how your opinions rapidly oscillate from one extreme to the other in praise or criticism of NCFC but then have the gall to currently suggest everyone should unite behind your latest positive stance, I have known dicators who APPLIED higher principles than you. I stand by that. 

What a !!**^^ load of  !!!***!!, **!!** you all talk, I "£!!*& disagree will!!£$$** all of you £$(*^%!!. There, that should stir it up. PS. Even if I do disagree with Yankee !**!! Canary, at least his musings are getting shorter, several times in the past I have lapsed into a coma less than a third of the way through, I almost reached the end this time before I woke up as my head crashed against the keyboard, keep up the truncated work YC!  

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So yet another invention by Paul (or whoever he is this time) to argue against. The post was not an ''attempt to class Yankee as less of a fan than himself''.[/quote]Are you sure? because it looks pretty damn clear to me you are, in fact thats the only thing I''ve seen you do, patrolling the boards and mercilessly labeling anyone who says something negative as Anti-club.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

You know something Ralph ( Ralph Wright ), I was probably a Norwich supporter way before you were born. Who knows, maybe even before your Daddy was born. Despite that, not once have I ever accused any single poster on this message board of not being a Norwich supporter. [/quote]

Nice avoidance of the question Yankee - would be interesting to hear the answer?  Just helps to put into context people''s views of players, performances etc if you know whether they have actually seen them.  As one poster eloquently stated recently "it''s like commenting on a book without having read it". 

Worthington''s green and yellow army....

Unfortunately Yankee Canary(?) you are well wide of the mark. Given that my father was born in the early 1920''s and you have previously claimed to have moved to the states in the early sixties as young boy it doesn''t add up.

It was your constant attacks upon the club prior to that that triggered to doubt. Your replies certainly suggested that you had as much knowledge of Carrow Road around that time as I had of poorman road.

What this comes down to is integrity. If we are to have forum with any worth then we need a bit more transparency. No more posting under multiple names to make out that more folk support your argument (forged petitions as well ?) and no more posters masquarading as a City fan to stir trouble.

Those doing the above know who they are.

But you do not mind using "speculation" to attack somebody you disagree with when it suits do you Ralph?. Whilst on the subject of "speculation" and "unfounded" information, I see reference to cheering of opposition goals, I attended every home game last season and I only remember one goal (v QPR) being applauded so I am not sure how we got to "opposition goals". The point of this post ?, Most people will have their own take on "speculation" and will "twist" the facts to fit their arguement, it is human nature, so lets stop trying to take the moral high ground here and get back to reasoned debate. I expect a knock on the door from the thought police at any moment.....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

to be honest a lot of what has actually happened at the club, has brought people to the point that they beleive some of the speculation could be true, cos thats the sort of thing the club has been doing....

[/quote]

An interesting statement.  Can you give an example ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

An interesting statement.  Can you give an example ?

[/quote]

for example us being linked to Dele Adebola...  as Worthy has previously signed Peter Thorne and the inept Hughes, and had his eyes on Gareth Taylor, Geoff Horsfield and Alan Lee in the past....

Hmm, i can kind of see where you''re coming from here, although I would consider Horsfield to be a higher quality player than Adebola.  Adebola is 30 plus, and used to score a goal every 3 games way back in 03, hasn''t done mcuh recently apart from go on loan.  What gives you the impression we''re trying to sign him ?   And what''s wrong with actually waiting until Worthington says he''s interested or not ?  Anything else is just worrying about nothing, surely ?