Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Continue This "Feud" Everyday, Please!

Not sure about feuds, but robust arguement is fine by me.

I would hate to agree with every poster and to be honest it''s the one I disagree most with, that make me read this board.

Personal insults just undermine that posters input, but reasoned and argued debate is what message boards are all about.

So pistols at dawn anyone?

So a a feud is defined as a long-running argument  between groups of people which tend to begin because one party (correctly or incorrectly) perceives itself to have been attacked, insulted or wronged by another.

Sounds good to me so lets carrying on feuding, after all its much better fun than discussing what we like or don''t like about our football team, current manager and board isn''t it?

Im not starting an argument or anything but Wiz has been moaning about anything City related for months and has now become the biggest fan after 2 wins. It could all change in the next two week, its hard to take it seriously.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Im not starting an argument or anything but Wiz has been moaning about anything City related for months and has now become the biggest fan after 2 wins. It could all change in the next two week, its hard to take it seriously.[/quote]

It would seem Northern, that unlike most fans, I''m not allowed to change my mind.

I always knew I was special, but............................[;)]

City Angel wrote "Sounds good to me so lets carrying on feuding, after all its much better fun than discussing what we like or don''t like about our football team, current manager and board isn''t it?"

It might be for you City Angel but you have always done your best to cause and encourage disatissfaction. Most of us would rather discuss football than your ego driven campaign against the manager! But you just want to do all you can to continue the disruption. If Wizard wants to forget about last year and concentrate on supporting Norwich as a united bunch of fans, I''m all for him. But I know you and your type would never admit that they were wrong!

Admit I''m wrong about our Manager after just 3 games, I don''t think so!!

Has he apologised about what he said about us fans, I don''t think so

Me cause dissatifaction, I don''t think so, everyone has a mind of their own and can form their own opinions about Mr Worthington.

I love the team, I love the club, I love the fans, I love the new coach but guess what I''ll never love Worthy [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Me cause dissatifaction, I don''t think so, everyone has a mind of their own and can form their own opinions about Mr Worthington.

I love the team, I love the club, I love the fans, I love the new coach but guess what I''ll never love Worthy [:D]

[/quote]

Love the club??????? You and your cronies did all they could to damage it last year!

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Love the club??????? You and your cronies did all they could to damage it last year![/quote]

did Angels cronies waste half a million pounds of the clubs money on Andy Hughes?  Sign Peter Thorne on £8000 a week??  I didn''t think so.

In fact what did they do???

Highlighted the poor performances on the pitch....  Especially away where the management was happy and lied after appalling games which the home support did not get to see.

Highlighted how youth was appallingly ignored in favour of playing players ineffectively out of position...

Highlighted the fact repeatedly signing strikers to play right wing was a failing policy...

I could go on but won''t.

City Angel wrote "Sounds good to me so lets carrying on feuding, after all its much better fun than discussing what we like or don''t like about our football team, current manager and board isn''t it?"

It might be for you City Angel but you have always done your best to cause and encourage disatissfaction. Most of us would rather discuss football than your ego driven campaign against the manager! But you just want to do all you can to continue the disruption. If Wizard wants to forget about last year and concentrate on supporting Norwich as a united bunch of fans, I''m all for him. But I know you and your type would never admit that they were wrong!

[/quote]

I think your argument lost all credibility when you tried to base your reasoning around Wiz and then chose to dis City Angel who''s views have remained constant during a period of 90 odd games of dire football [with the exception of approx. 4 hrs of good football this season]  

" Sign Peter Thorne on £8000 a week?? "

Perhaps you might care to substantiate this claim, or are we to take it the the same vein the rest of your misleading post ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Sign Peter Thorne on £8000 a week?? " Perhaps you might care to substantiate this claim, or are we to take it the the same vein the rest of your misleading post ?[/quote]

Before I tell you,  would you be disgusted if you found out it was true?

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Love the club??????? You and your cronies did all they could to damage it last year!

[/quote]

By my cronies I assume you mean the 500 or so people who I joined for the protests on a couple of occasions, so pray tell me what damage did the protesters do to the club last year.

Did we make the poor signings?

Did we play players out of position?

Did we fall out with players?

Did we fail to motivate the team?

Were we responsible for the poor coaching?

Did we insult the fans?

Did we give the same boring interviews after every game?

Did we let the team carry on with the hoof ball?

Did we let Danny Crowe and Malkay go?

I don''t think so and don''t ever query my love for this club, at least I''m prepared to stand up and be counted  and I dont change my views willy nilly!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Me cause dissatifaction, I don''t think so

[/quote]I''ve sussed you right out! You''re Katherine Tate!Are you bovvered?

City Angel quotes the same old list of grudges. I''m not particularly interested in whether or not the manager has made mistakes - but for the record, what manager has never made a poor signing, fallen out with a player, play players out of position, let promising players go? All of our previous managers have done so and so has every other manager.

What most of us find particularly loathsome about you and your cronies was that you decided that you were right and everybody else was wrong and then spat the dummy out! You derided others that did not want to protest as not caring for the club and questioned our loyalty. (Don''t deny it, because it can be traced back.)

When it became apparent that hardly anybody was interested in the protests before games you then forged a petition that misrepresented the views of the fans.

You think that because of your love for the club everything you do is right and never mind ordinary fans that detested your antics.

You say you love the club but how does this work out? You don''t like the manager, disagree with the board, think that most of the fans are fools.

You''re against the board, the manager, the fans - what part of NCFC is it that you love?

And, even worse, you have stated that your won''t change your mind - you are just sitting there hoping that things will go wrong again. Well, for what it is worth, I think that you are so self important that "your love" for the club is something that it, and the majority of the fans, could well do without.

Middle of the road - you are wrong in so many ways.

I know just the type of fan you are sitting in your little comfort zone thinking that all is well in the world and the club.

Though you love the club like we all do  - you lack the backbone to speak up and buck the status quo.  I doubt anyone - even Nigel Worthington can say that the club was not damaged last year - to ascribe team cityangel as damaging is ludicrous.

There was so much wrong last year and the actions of the fans (the clubs lifeblood) was needed to show the board what our feeling was.  Sadly we do not have a democracy at the NCFC - so our opinion has to be shown in any way - expressing an opiion is nt damaging - look at the postion now and tell me why what was done is damaging.....

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]

I know just the type of fan you are sitting in your little comfort zone thinking that all is well in the world and the club.

Though you love the club like we all do  - you lack the backbone to speak up and buck the status quo.  I doubt anyone - even Nigel Worthington can say that the club was not damaged last year - to ascribe team cityangel as damaging is ludicrous.

There was so much wrong last year and the actions of the fans (the clubs lifeblood) was needed to show the board what our feeling was.  Sadly we do not have a democracy at the NCFC - so our opinion has to be shown in any way - expressing an opiion is nt damaging - look at the postion now and tell me why what was done is damaging.....

[/quote]

I''m glad you know so much about me without ever having met me. Presumably all of us who think the same way about booing our own players, cheering opposition goals, hoping City lose and organising fraudulent petitions are equally lacking in backbone?

I see that you are taking the line that all the changes this year are becuase of the protests. Do you really belive that NW thought that "Oooo there are a couple of hundred protesters outside the ground - I had better start getting Norwich to play well and winning. I have seen the error of my ways - thankyou, thankyou, protesters - you have just saved the club."

Sir Quinny amply shows what is (and was) wrong with the disgraceful antics of this group of people last season. The warped way in which the argument has been twisted says much about what lies behind their thinking.

The ridiculous idea that only those parading around the ground with cardboard placards and forged petitions could see that things weren''t at their best is as absurd as it is delusionary.

Their sole purpose was to get the manager sacked. To that aim no trick was too low, no form of abuse was too far and no smear couldn''t be stretched further ( all of this is politely termed ''expressing an opinion).

They''ve failed miserably yet have the gall to claim some kind of victory in their puerile whinging.

All I can say is Worthington is still here - just shame that some of them still are.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Sir Quinny"]

[/quote]

I''m glad you know so much about me without ever having met me. Presumably all of us who think the same way about booing our own players, cheering opposition goals, hoping City lose and organising fraudulent petitions are equally lacking in backbone?

I see that you are taking the line that all the changes this year are becuase of the protests. Do you really belive that NW thought that "Oooo there are a couple of hundred protesters outside the ground - I had better start getting Norwich to play well and winning. I have seen the error of my ways - thankyou, thankyou, protesters - you have just saved the club."

[/quote]

Sorry Middle of the Road - I need to buy you a beer as an apology - never meant to lump you in with the brainless minority that boo our own players or cheer the oppisition, or hope city lose (hexing excused here).  We all know that Worthy always wanted Norwich to play and win - would never claim to know his thougths - but expect the protests would have grated on him - how would you feel if people stood out side your place of work and moaned at you?  I would never take the line that "all" the changes are due to the protest - In my opionion its down to increased fitness and Hunter helping worthy get the betst out of the players.

Ralph however a few questions (oh by the way i do enjoy your diction)

1) Why is freedom of speech a disgracful antic?

2) Do people not have a right to complain that a service they are paying for is not good enough?

3) What other option to get promotion and improve the team performance do you belive with the budget the club had last season were possible other than a change of managment?

[quote user="Sir Quinny"][quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Sir Quinny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Middle of the Road - I need to buy you a beer as an apology - never meant to lump you in with the brainless minority that boo our own players or cheer the oppisition, or hope city lose (hexing excused here).  We all know that Worthy always wanted Norwich to play and win - would never claim to know his thougths - but expect the protests would have grated on him - how would you feel if people stood out side your place of work and moaned at you?  I would never take the line that "all" the changes are due to the protest - In my opionion its down to increased fitness and Hunter helping worthy get the betst out of the players.

Ralph however a few questions (oh by the way i do enjoy your diction)

1) Why is freedom of speech a disgracful antic?

2) Do people not have a right to complain that a service they are paying for is not good enough?

3) What other option to get promotion and improve the team performance do you belive with the budget the club had last season were possible other than a change of managment?

[/quote]

funny really, around half the fans probably thought his time may be up, around half wanted to keep the faith.  But they are all a bunch of ***holes cos they see managerial ineptitude in abundance and make there voices heard (something the other half dont do in Carrow Road by the sounds of things).

Anyway you guys, if we fail to finish in the top 6 we will have failed,  and the decision to keep worthy was a terrible one, a true disaster for the club.

To be honest a very average manager should make the top 6 with the amount of money we have spent.  A decent manager will have the club comfortably in the play-offs or better.

Sir Quinny amply shows what is (and was) wrong with the disgraceful antics of this group of people last season. The warped way in which the argument has been twisted says much about what lies behind their thinking.

The ridiculous idea that only those parading around the ground with cardboard placards and forged petitions could see that things weren''t at their best is as absurd as it is delusionary.

Their sole purpose was to get the manager sacked. To that aim no trick was too low, no form of abuse was too far and no smear couldn''t be stretched further ( all of this is politely termed ''expressing an opinion).

They''ve failed miserably yet have the gall to claim some kind of victory in their puerile whinging.

All I can say is Worthington is still here - just shame that some of them still are.

Once again we are back to the old tactic of making something up and then arguing against that instead of what was posted. Nowhere did I say that "freedom of speech a disgracful antic". Freedom of speech is a concept, antics are postures or acts. Intimidating those that refused to ''fall in lie'' and forging a petition are in my opinion disgraceful acts.

Where did I say that people do not have the right to complain ? You are confusing service with expectation By it''s nature football produces winners and losers. You have no right of winning. It''s called caveat emptor.

As to you last point it again twists the argument. Whatever my views are on who, or what is, best for the club it does not give me the moral right to behave in any old fashion without any responsibility for the consequences of those actions.

Finally, if as you claim, the changes are down to ".. increased fitness and Hunter helping worthy .." then it shows how ridiculous the campaign to remove Worthington was as he is still manager and things have improved. In fact nowhere did I ever hear from that campaign a wish to replace Foley who seems to be the one definite change.

City Angel quotes the same old list of grudges. I''m not particularly interested in whether or not the manager has made mistakes - but for the record, what manager has never made a poor signing, fallen out with a player, play players out of position, let promising players go? All of our previous managers have done so and so has every other manager.

What most of us find particularly loathsome about you and your cronies was that you decided that you were right and everybody else was wrong and then spat the dummy out! You derided others that did not want to protest as not caring for the club and questioned our loyalty. (Don''t deny it, because it can be traced back.)

When it became apparent that hardly anybody was interested in the protests before games you then forged a petition that misrepresented the views of the fans.

You think that because of your love for the club everything you do is right and never mind ordinary fans that detested your antics.

You say you love the club but how does this work out? You don''t like the manager, disagree with the board, think that most of the fans are fools.

You''re against the board, the manager, the fans - what part of NCFC is it that you love?

And, even worse, you have stated that your won''t change your mind - you are just sitting there hoping that things will go wrong again. Well, for what it is worth, I think that you are so self important that "your love" for the club is something that it, and the majority of the fans, could well do without.

[/quote]

So where have I questoned other fans loyalty to the club?

Where have I said I''m against the fans?

Where have I said I''m against the board?

SHOW ME PROOF

CJF. Wrote

"To be honest a very average manager should make the top 6 with the amount of money we have spent.  A decent manager will have the club comfortably in the play-offs or better."

That makes the rest of the Championship short of managerial nous, for little Norwich to choose from for managerial material, when searching for a Worthy replacement.  The amount of money we have spent is chicken feed in football today, especially as the majority feel that NCFC is Prem material. We are short on gates and the money to pay the wages, we need at least a 30.000 fans coming through them, every week.   I would suppose that the few of prem players wouldn''t come on the market for less than a million and would require add-ons and wages way above what we are willing to pay, always supposing that they would want to come here giving the unfriendly noise some fans are making, with nothing less than the top six, or promotion being the only exceptable objective. The objectives are the easiest part of the equation for the fan base, it is the eleven players on the pitch who also have to have that same target and bust a gut for the cause every week.

[quote user="beelsie"]CJF. Wrote

"To be honest a very average manager should make the top 6 with the amount of money we have spent.  A decent manager will have the club comfortably in the play-offs or better."

That makes the rest of the Championship short of managerial nous, for little Norwich to choose from for managerial material, when searching for a Worthy replacement.  The amount of money we have spent is chicken feed in football today, especially as the majority feel that NCFC is Prem material. We are short on gates and the money to pay the wages, we need at least a 30.000 fans coming through them, every week.   I would suppose that the few of prem players wouldn''t come on the market for less than a million and would require add-ons and wages way above what we are willing to pay, always supposing that they would want to come here giving the unfriendly noise some fans are making, with nothing less than the top six, or promotion being the only exceptable objective. The objectives are the easiest part of the equation for the fan base, it is the eleven players on the pitch who also have to have that same target and bust a gut for the cause every week.

[/quote]

about 5-6 million quid was available to Worthington last season when including the sale of Dean Ashton.  That is more than enough to acheive a top 6 finish.  Ady Bothroyd spent 1.2 million from the sale of Heidar Helgusen....

1 million colin/Hughes deal

450K etuhu

1 million - all the other loans and robionson

3 million - earnshaw

thats 5.5 to 6 million spending.

You are reasonably articulate Ralph, so I will only offer a little assistance to you rather than a lot. Freedom of speech is a principle ( a way of governing how we behave ), not a concept. A concept is generally defined as an abstract idea. Abstract, as used in art for example, is a form of using colour to create an effect rather than portraying real life accurately. Possibly this confusion on your part is the basis of where some of your strange ideas emanate from? I''m very big on freedom of speech. For example, Nigel Worthington has the right to criticise fans if he wishes, although I have the right to think him a fool for doing so, as do many other fans. Finally, with respect to your last point, you could not have been paying much attention on last years messages as many were clamouring for a total clear-out of manager and coaches. 

The season is only 4 games old, and already the wolves are sharpening their teeth to have a go at Worthy''s throat. If we win, or play well, its Hunters doing, not the manager.

If we haven''t signed anyone, or someone wants to leave and its raining again, its Worthy''s fault. Poor Nigel can''t win in some people''s eyes, and its so bloody unfair.

I really hope Worthy can get us up this year (although people will claim its down to Hunter I suppose!) because I think a lot of people will then need to answer the following question with total honesty:

1. If, as Hunter has said, he will not interfere with Worthys plans, then who is responsible for the turnaround other than Worthy himself?.

2. When, not if, we go up next season, will you publicly apologise to Worthy on this website?.

I await your replies with baited breath!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The season is only 4 games old, and already the wolves are sharpening their teeth to have a go at Worthy''s throat. If we win, or play well, its Hunters doing, not the manager.

If we haven''t signed anyone, or someone wants to leave and its raining again, its Worthy''s fault. Poor Nigel can''t win in some people''s eyes, and its so bloody unfair.

I really hope Worthy can get us up this year (although people will claim its down to Hunter I suppose!) because I think a lot of people will then need to answer the following question with total honesty:

1. If, as Hunter has said, he will not interfere with Worthys plans, then who is responsible for the turnaround other than Worthy himself?.

2. When, not if, we go up next season, will you publicly apologise to Worthy on this website?.

I await your replies with baited breath!.

[/quote]The season is only 4 games old, still a long way to go and if we start to underperform you will no doubt change your views on Worthy again. I am amazed how someone can go from being the most anti worthy to someone whos acting like he''s supported him all along. Your the one who should be apoligising to Worthy now, I''ve seen the stuff you''ve said on wotb/pinkun, it really is nothing but demeaning insults and hate posts and you used any excuse to attack him yourself, so how dare you come on here acting all rightous. And yes I do believe IMO hunter should receive a large slice of credit for our recent success. No I won''t be apoligising, 1) because I don''t have anything to apoligise for 2) I still have alot of doubt that we will make it anyway