Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

DEAD RINGERS

Some of you posters know one another but most of us are strangers (some of us intend keeping it that way).

I sometimes have a mental picture of the poster (particularly Wiz), the sort of thing you form when reading a book.

Have you ever, for example looked on a website such as five live and seen what the presenters you like actually look like, it can give you really mixed feelings, and when you see them speaking (I recall seeing Victoria Derbyshire on ''The Apprentice- You''re Fired) the voice often doesn''t seem to belong to the head. The exception to this is Roy Waller.

It would probably be a real surprise to see what some posters on here look like compared to their written personas so how about a compromise?

Which celebrity or personality do you most resemble. My wife tells me I look like an older version of Daniel Bedingfield who I cannot bloody abide.

So, come on, be honest, try not to flatter yourselves, wo are you a dead ringer for (ask your mates or partner, or if you want a really true response try the children).

I met Kenny Foggo (or Gordo) a couple of weeks back in Lowestoft, and he was different to what I imagined (in a nice way of course and younger) as for me Ru?, I look just like a 1st wiz would look like mate.

Although the beard is off now! Gordo.

Wallace........as featured in Wallace and Gromit............or Max - off Peter Kays Max and Paddy/Phoenix Nights.....When I grow a goatie....... 

Ruud van nistleroy.. wear my holland kit thru town and sign the autographs from time to time.

A complete stranger, my Barber and Mick Jones (not the footballer) have all remarked how much I look like the bloke who used to be married to Angelina Jolie and whose name escapes me.

I''ve often been told I look like Ian Hislop!! (Grrrr!)

A colleague of my wife''s apparently told her (after meeting me for the first time recently) that I resemble Jimmy Somerville (eek!)

Not, Tom Cruise; not Brad Pitt. Oooooooh no....Ian Hislop or Jimmy Bleedin Somerville!

Dec from Ant and Dec! the tall one with the spikey hair.. not the squiffy little one.. either way i look like a Plonker who deserves a slap.. which Ant and Dec both do

:(

jas :)

[quote user="monty"]A complete stranger, my Barber and Mick Jones (not the footballer) have all remarked how much I look like the bloke who used to be married to Angelina Jolie and whose name escapes me.[/quote]

Billy Bob Thornton ?

[quote user="Maverick"]

[quote user="monty"]A complete stranger, my Barber and Mick Jones (not the footballer) have all remarked how much I look like the bloke who used to be married to Angelina Jolie and whose name escapes me.[/quote]

Billy Bob Thornton ?

[/quote]

Thanks that''s the guy. Quite embarassing when somebody says you look just like...... and you don''t have a clue who they mean..

Disappointingly enough - Niall Quinn, although I''ve been told of 3 other people in Norwich who I''m the spit of (that''s too many Niall Quins for comfort!)

I have been told I look like Gillian Taylforth which is hardly a compliment. There the similarity ends though. I havent been caught at it in a layby.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Some of you posters know one another but

most of us are strangers (some of us intend keeping it that way).

I sometimes have a mental picture of the poster (particularly Wiz), the

sort of thing you form when reading a book.

Have you ever, for example looked on a website such as five live and

seen what the presenters you like actually look like, it can give you

really mixed feelings, and when you see them speaking (I recall seeing

Victoria Derbyshire on ''The Apprentice- You''re Fired) the voice often

doesn''t seem to belong to the head. The exception to this is Roy

Waller.

It would probably be a real surprise to see what some posters on here

look like compared to their written personas so how about a compromise?

Which celebrity or personality do you most resemble. My wife tells me I

look like an older version of Daniel Bedingfield who I cannot bloody

abide.

So, come on, be honest, try not to flatter yourselves, wo are you a

dead ringer for (ask your mates or partner, or if you want a really

true response try the children).[/quote]

On the subject of 5 Live, I thought Shelagh Fogerty would be lovely,

based purely on her voice... then I saw a pic! No offence to her, just

not my type.

I know Canary02 and occasional poster Jamie Wright...

I actually imagine that Wiz looks exactly like his avatar picture.

Now I''m worried, monty!According to that website, my closest matches are Hugh Grant, Andy Garcia & Keanu Reeves!I guess the Niall Quinn thing is partly because I''m 6''4" (ugly bu**er too!)

A few of my friends (who are clearly blind) have likened me to our own captain or Chris Martin from Coldplay. I look like neither of these people though.

As for radio personalities - Jo Whiley sounds lovely and looks lovely too.

[quote user="Kathy"] I havent been caught at it in a layby.[/quote]

I like the way you say "haven''t been caught"

Yet! ;)

my brother in law in a cruel moment said i resembled christopher biggins - but i think that was more to do with the large rimmed specs i was wearing at the time.   he looks rather like a poor man''s tom cruise with andy kershaw''s teeth - yuk!

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

I have been told- Ronny Barker or the bloke from Airport!!! Great!

My mug is on www.sbarnabas.com under who''s who - if you want to check it out!

Anyone who says - no more like Will Carling or Tom Cruise gets to go in my good books!

[/quote]Crikey Vicar! I wouldn''t want those boots trampling me on a rugby pitch!

Just had a go on that website. Condeleesa Rice who is black or Sam Neill! Pass the razor blades.

[quote user="Dicky"]I''ve been told Phil Mitchell!  Nice.[/quote]

You think you have problems, I''ve been told I look like Grant Mitchell!