Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Norwich Vs Wolves Reaction (Protest, Player Reviews etc)

Well Worthy didn''t do very well with his 7th place finish. Anyway how was the match? How did the lap of honor good? Players reviews.....

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

9th place Tom.

[/quote]

What I meant was Worthy hasn''t done well with his 7th place target, as he finished 9th!

I thought we''d finished 8th?

I couldn''t listen to the game as my radio isn''t working, SSN made a few

mentions of the crowd not being happy, but from what I''ve heard we

united in defiance of the old enemy, which is fair enough...

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

9th place Tom.

[/quote]

What I meant was Worthy hasn''t done well with his 7th place target, as he finished 9th!

[/quote]

Sorry Tom, me reading things wrong!

But yes I agree, sounds like a shocking performance if we really wanted 7th place.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I thought we''d finished 8th?

I couldn''t listen to the game as my radio isn''t working, SSN made a few mentions of the crowd not being happy, but from what I''ve heard we united in defiance of the old enemy, which is fair enough...

[/quote]

9th and according to Nigel Worthington only the TRUE SUPPORTERS stayed after the final whistle.  Well I guess that makes me a true supporter, as I stayed, but most of my friends arent real supporters and wont be too happy after hearing that DISGRACEFUL remark from our inept manager.  what a joke he is becoming...  Hoof Hoof  more cloggers in the summer...

Does ANYONE who posts on here actually go to games?

Its quite funny really to see posts of ...

"the crowd sounded good"

"it didnt sound that bad"

"i couldnt get to a radio and didnt listen to it...."

How can you purely base opinions on what roy waller said, or what rick waghorn wrote

Get off your bums and go to the games....

Roy Waller asked worthington about the reaction of

the fans on the the lap of honour , ie the feeling against him. He said

there are only a few and they are entitiled to there oppinion ,but the

REAL FANS stayed behind to clapp the team . Well ive got one thing to

say to worthington im a real fan but i chose not to stay behind and

aplaud failure , i took the diplomatic view that if i and others who

want him gone stayed behind and started calling for his head things

would have got ugly . So nigel be a real man hold your hands up and say

it as it is i have failed this and last year  and resign so we can

all be real fans again OTBC Super Angry [8o|]

[quote user="morty"]I thought Etuhu played well today. There I said it.[/quote]

I agree Morty, Etuhu got stuck in and his passing was better, also thought Robinson wasn''t too bad, Hughes... he was the same as always.

Fantanstic post Andy Laz...............see my post on another point.......things did get ugly..................perhaps i should have followed you to the pub!!!!

With regard to the great reception the players received. yes they did get a great reception but only from an empty ground. 5000 at the most, people voted with their feet today and left before Worthy came round with his players. You lot who listen on the radio and believe all the hype should get down to the ground more often. I watched from the bar and the ground was more empty than for some reserve fixtures.

the midfield looked a bit better (hooze shoved out wide right so he cant do too much damage to our side) Our defense looked Very Poor today, wolves could have had more.

Erny and Hucks played well.

[quote user="Nedergaard16"]

"the crowd sounded good"

How can you purely base opinions on what roy waller said, or what rick waghorn wrote

[/quote]

No I dont because Im at uni. However when I do go I usually post thorough player ratings (Im sure you can find some if you search for them), and whenever Im at home I always go.

And yes I am regurgitating what Ive heard from Roy, hence why it says it sounded as though we got a good reception on the lap of honour. Seeing as though many people left perhaps its relevant..

Or should I just never bother posting seeing as though my opinions mean absolutely sod all. There was me thinking that going to the games is the only requirement to being able to think round here.

[quote user="sac"]With regard to the great reception the players received. yes they did get a great reception but only from an empty ground. 5000 at the most, people voted with their feet today and left before Worthy came round with his players. You lot who listen on the radio and believe all the hype should get down to the ground more often. I watched from the bar and the ground was more empty than for some reserve fixtures.[/quote]

And who the hell suggested that everyone who listens on radio "Believes the hype". What does that even mean!? Christ why dont you both just have a go at every fan across the planet who doesnt go to their teams games.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Half the fans went home before the lap of dishonour.[/quote]

To those who decided to leave - thank you.  It made for a much more enjoyable atmosphere for those who wished to stay. 

I don''t think that going to the games or not is a pre requisate for having opinions that are valid. However I do think that dear old uncle Roy sometimes paints a differant picture with his commentary. I did go to the game today and I actually thought we played some good stuff at times, the distinct lack of booing at half and full time would make it appear that a lot of people there also thought the overall performance wasn''t that bad, I''ve certainly see us play worse and win. 

So, in conclusion, it is easier to make your own mind up about performances if you''ve witnessed them yourself and sometimes difficult to really guess what happened from Roy Waller''s twaddle!! 

To be honest, despite the defeat i thought on the whole the performance today was better than anything i''ve seen at home sice the southampton game. We tried to pass the ball (play too our strengths), etuhu is turning a corner and we were unlucky to lose and deserved to win. Thet had 2 good chances and took them both, when there keeper was in great form. Robinson messed upfor there second, while we had a clear penalty (foul on the doc) not give, earny hit the post and was close with a free kick, robo had a free header and mckenzie mucked up late on when in good positions on numerous occaissons.

We''ve had luck recently but today we didnt when in my opinion we played quite well and there was some encouraging sides. And yes i did stay for the lap at the end, and i did applaud although i have not been impressed with worthington. The players need to be encouraged for next season.

It said in the E.D.P that "he loves to boot". We saw are first bit of evidence of this today in the first half. He showed good technique, he really got over the ball and struck it with venom. I was really pleased with Dickson''s performance and if he can carry on like that he will be a good player for us. I thought his movement was good and his composure and confidence seems to be coming looked class. He was showing for the ball constantly and giving team mates options. I have 1 critsism of Dickson and that is he doesn''t get forward enough. I would love to see him bursting into the box I think he could do damage...

Certainly looked less than half from where I was stood Ted.

Summary was we looked as good as any performance from the second half of the season for 45 mins only to get hit by a sucker punch on the stroke of half time (3 game in 4 thats happened).

Wolves looked more danagerous up front all game but lacked possession in the first half when Etuhu looked excellent - MOTM by half time for me. 

For the second half our midfield lost any impact it had and we looked second best. Matt Murray looked excellent as did Joleon Lescottbut beyond them they looked pretty by just OK - nothing to worry about next season if we finally pull our finger out.

Give a man enough rope and he will hang himself, so goes the old saying. I think Worthless has hung himself with that appalingly tactless remark about the true supporters staying behind. It''s high time for the board to do the right thing and take the axe to this witless, clueless man and his equally inept sidekicks.

Etuhu did well. His workrate seems to have increased, he won most of his midfield airial battles, got stuck in and I reckon he completed more passes than any other ncfc player on the pitch. He also had a cracking effort on goal which was well saved. Partner him with a fit Safri giving him licence to roam forwards more and we might just be in business.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Nedergaard16"]

"the crowd sounded good"

[/quote]

No I dont because Im at uni. However when I do go I usually post thorough player ratings (Im sure you can find some if you search for them), and whenever Im at home I always go.

And yes I am regurgitating what Ive heard from Roy, hence why it says it sounded as though we got a good reception on the lap of honour. Seeing as though many people left perhaps its relevant..

Or should I just never bother posting seeing as though my opinions mean absolutely sod all. There was me thinking that going to the games is the only requirement to being able to think round here.

[/quote]

If you remember Trent, I got the same kind of treament from some posters as you are getting from Nedergaard now, when I missed some games after my heart attack last year!.

Just ignore the fools, you and I both know you''re a good City fan, you don''t have to justify it to them mate.

Hi Wiz, I know. Usually I wouldnt get all worked up about it, but its the whole "get off your ass and go to games" attitude that is just wrong. Thats attacking the thousands of fans that dont/cant go to games each week. And as I said elsewhere, Ill never post an opinion that I dont have firsthand evidence to back up.

But anyway.. Hope you aint forgotten our little bet. Im pretty sure you knew deep down you wouldnt win, so I tip my hat!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Hi Wiz, I know. Usually I wouldnt get all worked up about it, but its the whole "get off your ass and go to games" attitude that is just wrong. Thats attacking the thousands of fans that dont/cant go to games each week. And as I said elsewhere, Ill never post an opinion that I dont have firsthand evidence to back up.

But anyway.. Hope you aint forgotten our little bet. Im pretty sure you knew deep down you wouldnt win, so I tip my hat!

[/quote] I agree. I would love the chance to go to every game but it''s just not possible with the distance, work commitments, family etc. Of course it gives your post more validity if you''ve actually been to the game and seen the events first hand but that doesn''t mean those who are unable to make it can''t share their opinions, feelings and sentiments!

Thought I''d rate the players...excuse any bad spelling:Paul Gallager: 7 Didn''t have much to do but did it well, saved us a few times from further embaressmentJurgen Colin: 5 Can be good, but made to many mistakes in my opinion, blame for the first goal.Craig Fleming: 7 Solid and dependableGary Doherty: 8 Good defence and good coming forwardAdam Drury: 7 Excellent tackler, good in the air but for me still has a bad habit of backing off from attackersAndy Hughes: 4(max) Does this guy even understand football? he was ok today (for him!) can run well but still lacks any real abilityDickson Etuthu: 7 Strong, good passing, and had a good try at goal. He''s certainly proving to be a good midfielderCarl Robinson: 6 Did ok, not too bad but not too good eitherDarren Huckerby: 6 and 8 for me he needs 2 grades when attacking hes brilliant an inspiration but when he comes back to defend hes uselessRob Earnshaw: 8 Brilliant stuff from him, what let him down was his passing and general teamworkPaul McVeigh: 9 You gotta love the little guy, he was pacy, a good passer, hard working and even won several arial balls. Didn''t get much chance on goal though.

Leon Mckensie: 7 A good performance as usual but was obviously holding back to keep injury free

Ian Handerson: 6 failed to make any real impression on the game but showed some good abilityMainly based on the first half, the second half not alot happened for either side. We could have won but for bad finishing, silly mistakes and an excellent display from their goalkeeper.