Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

VAR to be scrapped

I haven’t seen it but I have heard parts of it but anyone got a copy of the letter from Wolves proposing this ?

In view of the LiVARpool decision this season, surely it would be hypocritical of them not to vote in favour to have it scrapped, but I bet they won’t lol.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Deletions galore  Where have all the good well thought out posts gone????? This was a really interesting thread.....

There's two threads mate lol

Edited by Google Bot

So, if this goes through, all those results that var had a hand in ( ours against spurs comes to mind ) really start looking like bollox don't they. 

Feels very much like a fallout vault experiment gone wrong. 

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Deletions galore  Where have all the good well thought out posts gone????? This was a really interesting thread.....

Wacky posted his thread about a minute after me. It happens.

I see you've written War & Peace on his thread.

Thanks for sparing us, over here

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Wacky posted his thread about a minute after me. It happens.

I see you've written War & Peace on his thread.

Thanks for sparing us, over here

I think VAR is the most insidious mind numbingly stupid waste of time, money and resources that has ever been dreamt up by the inept so called experts who run football. 

There are far easier ways of getting control of officiating than flawed technology controlled by flawed individuals.  

War and Peace wouldn't even cover what I could say about this subject, such is the effect it has on watching football matches. If only more people stood up and said so rather than sit there insipidly pining that it would be alright if it could be improved. I mean, how long do they want to get it working properly??  

Just get rid of it. Get the waste of space that sits in his little booth, down on the pitch and officiate alongside the referee. It works in Ice Hockey having two officials on the field of play. A remote bod sitting with a screen in front of him has no feel for a game at all - it just isn't possible. It's ridiculous, not needed and just plain as far from the spirit of the game as it possibly could be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm gutted FIFA computer games don't have a VAR career mode where you get to anonymously officiate on people's online games, draw lines in the wrong places at the wrong moments and watch people melt down...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

I'm gutted FIFA computer games don't have a VAR career mode where you get to anonymously officiate on people's online games, draw lines in the wrong places at the wrong moments and watch people melt down...

The amount of rage-quitting you'd get off that would probably blow up their servers.

• Haha 1

Apparently the Euro's will have a sensor in the ball to determine offside. Wider implementation of that would make VAR redundant for offside purposes 

22 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Not a chance it will be dropped.

I agree. Adapted or modified maybe but I can't see it being discarded.

• Like 1

If it can't review restarts or dead ball situations, it just plays into the hands of the people running the show. Mainly the TV and their associated Betting Companies. 

Cherry-picking VAR reviewing criteria, provides more things for people to bet on. We all need to wake up the fact it brought nothing to the party, as its still human perception and interaction that comes up with the 'final answer', which apparently,  is still open to further review and critique.

How stupid, leaving it up to the opinion of the officials will never work. What we need is more monitoring, an official for every player, an Uber VAR to review the VAR, AI to make decisions and a representative of the teams playing to be at Stockly Park to hassle the VAR whilst they are reviewing any incident.

Only then will we get proper football back.

When VAR was first introduced for the world cup it was widely regarded as a great success. It was quick, and ensured that correct decisions were made to a far greater degree than without it. So what happened?

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It was quick, and ensured that correct decisions were made to a far greater degree than without it. So what happened?

Perhaps it worked well in that environment because it wasn't being controlled by a mates club who hesitate through fear of undermining each other.  Hearing audio from VAR in the past, I think that's where it falls down in the prem league.

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Not a chance it will be dropped.

Agreed 

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

FB_IMG_1715854233034.jpg

Says Sky who have just pointed out to clubs a clause within the latest broadcast agreement that VAR must stay!!!! 😉 🙂 

• Haha 1