cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Swans*

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

it's get playoffs now to put out Farke and the Leeds.

Quite. As useless as Leeds were last night I wouldn't bet my house on beating them over 2 legs.

We need to get there first and take it as it comes. The lottery of the play-offs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

5-0 win incoming.

Sarge X2 

Nunez free kick 

Borja thunderbastard 

Rowe off the bench with the 5th 

If Carlsberg did Saturday's....

• Like 2

Big game today guys need a big swing going into the playoffs with so many of our competitors stumbling.

Swansea hitting form 

Won’t be easy

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Fass in for Barnes. Only change. 

Let's just hope it's a straight swap and we don't move Sara into the middle where he has been nowhere near as effective...

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Let's just hope it's a straight swap and we don't move Sara into the middle where he has been nowhere near as effective...

Suspect that’s unlikely, don’t think we’ve seen Fassnacht in at 10.

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Clearly Sara will be moved inside as we were outnumbered in midfield last week vs bristol c and wagner clearly doesnt want a repeat

10 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Fass in for Barnes. Only change. 

Can't agree with this, unless Barnes has a (slight) knock. The current Sargent/Barnes partnership was working despite the obvious shortcomings of the latter. Tinkering, but at least Fassnacht exhibits increasing defensive awareness of late.

Clearly Rowe needs nursing and may be Barnes too.

Cheer loudly and proudly for city today for a final home win -hope for great win today 

• Like 2

Not being aware of any injury problems,that selection is a surprise.

26 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Probably right but I’d actually like to see Fassnacht play that role. He’s too pedestrian for wider role but has a decent pass and seems to have a knack of getting into good positions in the box.

Cant see Wagner trying anything new today though as he’s very conservative in his approach, also presume Barnes has a knock for same reason.

I suspect the sports science suggests that Barnes needs a lighter workload right now, can't imagine it's a tactical change. He'll be vitally important for any play off matches so being careful with him is completely sensible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Not being aware of any injury problems,that selection is a surprise.

It's very strange. Unless Fassnacht is being asked to do a Barnes impression at ten, it means a change of system, which does seem very odd at this stage of the season. Part of me wonders if Wagner has the away leg of the play-offs in mind, but we do have to get there first. I would definitely have picked the same team.

As you, could just be injury related. Barnes is about 75, so he might need a bit of a rest.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Eh ? There’s always next week at St Andrew’s if Ipswich fail to beat Hull

I agree but we really need to be over the line in all but name today 5pm

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's very strange. Unless Fassnacht is being asked to do a Barnes impression at ten, it means a change of system, which does seem very odd at this stage of the season. Part of me wonders if Wagner has the away leg of the play-offs in mind, but we do have to get there first. I would definitely have picked the same team.

As you, could just be injury related. Barnes is about 75, so he might need a bit of a rest.

Or the club's weekly delivery of Pyllosan failed to arrive this week (Evri?)

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Or the club's weekly delivery of Pyllosan failed to arrive this week (Evri?)

I don't know what Pyllosan is, but it made me laugh anyway. I'm guessing it's some old-man joint easer?

36 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He's played there before he came to us though I think, he certainly arrived with people saying he could play in the middle as a striker, so slightly different to a 10, but not a million miles away...

Just now, cornish sam said:

He's played there before he came to us though I think, he certainly arrived with people saying he could play in the middle as a striker, so slightly different to a 10, but not a million miles away...

You’re right and I’d actually quite like to see him there, but I can’t see Wagner trying something new in this game.

Just now, Monty13 said:

You’re right and I’d actually quite like to see him there, but I can’t see Wagner trying something new in this game.

But if it's not him, then it's Sara, who's absolutely wasted in the Barnes role, so it's going to be something new either way, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I don't know what Pyllosan is, but it made me laugh anyway. I'm guessing it's some old-man joint easer?

Neither do I actually, but the ad was famous and seems to have lasted the passing of time. Apparently it "fortifies the over forties."

When somebody mi****s a drive at my club, he is often asked if he took his Phyllosan that morning. Perhaps it's just a local thing, as there are lots of retirees down this way.

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Neither do I actually, but the ad was famous and seems to have lasted the passing of time. Apparently it "fortifies the over forties."

When somebody mi****s a drive at my club, he is often asked if he took his Phyllosan that morning. Perhaps it's just a local thing, as there are lots of retirees down this way.

Ah, that's good. I googled it and got nowhere. Well, not nowhere - I got a similarly named product that started 'phall-' and attended to a, ahem, different old-man problem. My targeted ads are now going to be a nightmare, so thanks for that.

• Haha 1