Posted (edited)

Given how the table is shaping up if Huddersfield win one or two and Birmingham fail to win their next, and given we have them as the last match of the season for us and them it's possible they would need to beat us in order to stay up.

In this scenario.. I don't know, guess I would feel a bit bad if we sent them down never really had much against them.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

If we put them down i think those who have not been to the home of the Birmingham Zulus before could be in for a culture shock at the end of the game and be mindful where they park and be considerate of the local area if wearing colours.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

If we put them down i think those who have not been to the home of the Birmingham Zulus before could be in for a culture shock at the end of the game and be mindful where they park and be considerate of the local area if wearing colours.

Look what some did after the 2.0 defeat here this season. I’m not envious of anyone who has a ticket for this match. 

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given how the table is shaping up if Huddersfield win one or two and Birmingham fail to win their next, and given we have them as the last match of the season for us and them it's possible they would need to beat us in order to stay up.

In this scenario.. I don't know, guess I would feel a bit bad if we sent them down never really had much against them.

They would have relegated themselves CC because of their pathetic campaign overall. They have chopped and changed and more so, I haven't 100% got over the Play Off final all those years ago.

If they get relegated it's karma enough. We need the points and no worries what we do to others in this particular matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Payback for 2002 at Cardiff...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Look what some did after the 2.0 defeat here this season. I’m not envious of anyone who has a ticket for this match. 

Might well be a taster for Leeds away in semi final second leg!!

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

………. given we have them as the last match of the season for us and them it's possible they would need to beat us in order to stay up.

You feel a bit bad ? A bit bad ? Those of us going will be s*tting ourselves wondering if we’ll leave Birmingham alive.

48 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Payback for 2002 at Cardiff...

To be fair they couldn’t sell all their tickets for their SF away leg at Millwall as they didn’t want to die if the Blues won and got the Final.

As it turned out they won with a last minute goal resulting in a full scale riot outside the New Den. I don’t think anyone died but that must have been more by luck than judgement.

If we send them down we’ll know how they felt.

They've flirted with relegation for season after season; it's time they went down.

I feel sympathy for the fans but the people who run the club deserve the relegation. Sacking Eustace who had them in the play-offs at the time just to get the imagined glory of a big name, Rooney. 

Disappointed this thread wasn’t called “Beating Birmingham Could Relegate Them” in memory of Wiz.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Disappointed this thread wasn’t called “Beating Birmingham Could Relegate Them” in memory of Wiz.

Disappointed that it wasn’t called ‘ Going to say again what’s being talked about on 3 other threads ‘

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good to know the Club looked after their loyal fans by not selling them a ticket for this match. I take it all back.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair they couldn’t sell all their tickets for their SF away leg at Millwall as they didn’t want to die if the Blues won and got the Final.

As it turned out they won with a last minute goal resulting in a full scale riot outside the New Den. I don’t think anyone died but that must have been more by luck than judgement.

If we send them down we’ll know how they felt.

I’ve been to a Birmingham Millwall game at St. Andrew’s. They didn’t seem very scared of the Millwall fans at that game.

The game where Dublin was sent off at Villa Park, I was at that. I have never seen scenes like it, and the 70’s were my era. We were in the stand opposite the Holt End, and many Blues fans had bought 1/2 season tickets just to attend the one game. They were so scared all over the stand they were standing up and singing ‘ Keep Right On ‘, believe me many of them are not nice.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Good to know the Club looked after their loyal fans by not selling them a ticket for this match. I take it all back.

Watch the full video of Brum fans attacking people who aren’t interested in that game. Wasn’t a handful but many. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No trouble getting tickets, 4 in the away end as we paid our £25 and went to lots of away games last season when it was s*** and 4 in the home end, where the girls are sitting with Blues supporters.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Watch the full video of Brum fans attacking people who aren’t interested in that game. Wasn’t a handful but many. 

I live in Birmingham as you know, and the areas around St Andrews will not be nice places to be if we relegate them. I go to a few Birmingham games each season and most of them are very nice, but there are a few that you wouldn’t want to meet. We are going straight into one of the boxes after the match, but certainly won’t be wearing anything yellow and green, not even my socks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

No trouble getting tickets, 4 in the away end as we paid our £25 and went to lots of away games last season when it was s*** and 4 in the home end, where the girls are sitting with Blues supporters.

90% of Blues fans are like any others but they certainly have some nasty ****$ who aren’t shy turning nasty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

90% of Blues fans are like any others but they certainly have some nasty ****$ who aren’t shy turning nasty. 

Yeah, I have quoted you in other posts.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I live in Birmingham as you know, and the areas around St Andrews will not be nice places to be if we relegate them. I go to a few Birmingham games each season and most of them are very nice, but there are a few that you wouldn’t want to meet. We are going straight into one of the boxes after the match, but certainly won’t be wearing anything yellow and green, not even my socks.

I’m rather hopeful that, if we and they need a draw, it is what we both get.  That said, we do owe them one…

Birmingham could be relegated even before they play us if they lose against Huddersfield and Sheff Wed beat WBA.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Yeah, I have quoted you in other posts.

I only watched that full video today and it was disgusting. People who clearly hadn’t been to the match being squared up to by animals. Have there been any arrests yet? Some should seriously get knocks at the doors by the WM police. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or they could put an end to our play offs if we dont do the business Saturday and Hull win their next 2 and draw the last one

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Or they could put an end to our play offs if we dont do the business Saturday and Hull win their next 2 and draw the last one

That’s the spirit 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

I’ve been many times and the areas around St. Andrew’s aren’t nice places to be full stop. Still should appease those calling for more atmosphere!!

Birmingham being crap for the entire season will relegate Birmingham, it's not our fault they're in that position.

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

Birmingham being crap for the entire season will relegate Birmingham, it's not our fault they're in that position.

Afraid that’s not how they will see it.

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

Well, we’ll leave you tell them that, keep them busy while making our own hasty retreats! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could we: perhaps.

Should we: yes.

Will we:  being unable to predict the future, I can’t say.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I’ve been many times and the areas around St. Andrew’s aren’t nice places to be full stop. Still should appease those calling for more atmosphere!!

The area around the Villa ground has always been a bit spicy too, as well as the fans, but at least Ozzy Osbourne grew up in Aston and reportedly in sight of the ground and I once enjoyed lodging there for a few months with a lovely West Indian family as there were many settled in the terraced streets at the time. The mother was a terrific cook, and I recall her joining all the others in religiously dressing in her best each Sunday for church and I also remember a collector, the trusted Mr. Matty, who used to call regularly every week for a contribution to the neighbourhood co-operative fund reserved for West Indian families who fell on hard times. It had become quite a close-knit area even by then.

Not many were into Villa.

Quite happy times, but I suppose that the area might have gone downhill a bit since then.

Villa is Birmingham's biggest club by far, and Birmingham City's relationship to them resembles that of Everton to Liverpool when it comes to football.

"Birmingham, you lovely lady, you." Clifford T Ward. Great place that you cannot possibly generalise about.

I hope they survive, watched them a lot in the past and always preferred them to Villa.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1