Just now, ricardo said:

I hate Man U as much as anyone but that was offside.

It was about as offside as pukki v spuds. 

I mean. Steve McLarens on the united bench. They should lose. There’s not a single reason they should win.

Got to feel for the Coventry supporters , thought they were through 

Fck VAR

Ugly decision. I completely believe the other way round the goal is given.

The magic of The Decision We Wanted

• Like 1

Offside by a millimeter, f*ck off if that's in the spirit of the game. Man Utd deserved nothing from that and yet them and Ten Hag get completely let off the hook. 

Rapidly losing interest in football - everything consistently and continually going the way of the chosen few. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Oh come on, his toe is off!! It should be daylight! 

I agree , but daylight isn’t the rule

IMO there shouldn’t be VAR in FA cup because they don’t have it at all grounds…in fact just scrap VAR

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

We need to let the big clubs go and create another league of the rest of us.

I was fully behind it the first time it came up. 

If ever a team didnt deserve to win that was it.

Im routing for blue in the final.and hoping Peps team will.stuff them

Just now, city4eva said:

I agree , but daylight isn’t the rule

IMO there shouldn’t be VAR in FA cup because they don’t have it at all grounds…in fact just scrap VAR

I agree with the no VAR for FA cup. 

However with the offside decision... If that's a united goal then it's given. 

• Like 1

I feel that if its that.close in a decison that even VAR couldnt tell if it was millimetres, and from that distance and angle it cant, then it shouldnt be given

Just now, Samwam27 said:

I feel that if its that.close in a decison that even VAR couldnt tell if it was millimetres, and from that distance and angle it cant, then it shouldnt be given

Completely agree. Should be like cricket where marginal calls stay with the on field decision. Ruining the game.

• Like 2

They employ Steve McLaren! He’s on the payroll! Half their fans left when Coventry scored! It’s a disgrace. We need to rebuild football without these “big teams”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

That will be tough for Coventry to pick themselves up for Hull on Weds...

I disagree. I think Wednesday will be a bounce back game.

As with the pukki v spurs “goal”, they draw the lines once the ball has left the passers foot by about two feet, so what does “when the ball is played” translate to?

Truth is VAR can produce whatever result it wishes when it’s that tight.

Ridiculous decision.

• Like 2

Surely offside was never created to be this forensic? Analysis by drawing lines that suit the desired outcome, clearly enabling all sorts of corruption. 

It is ruining the sport. Man Utd score that goal and it is given, and we all know it. 

• Like 4

I'm still struggling to work out how it's offside if the lines are level? If it's that you see slightly more of one colour than the other along the edge then who decides what millisecond that the ball left the players foot? 

There needs to be a state between on and off called level and offside should only be called if the lines arent touching. Offside means OFF side, level is level and if there's cm's in it then who cares it's not going to affect the chance quality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobzilla said:

I disagree. I think Wednesday will be a bounce back game.

Can't see them picking themselves up for that. A Hull win incoming now.

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm still struggling to work out how it's offside if the lines are level? If it's that you see slightly more of one colour than the other along the edge then who decides what millisecond that the ball left the players foot? 

There needs to be a state between on and off called level and offside should only be called if the lines arent touching. Offside means OFF side, level is level and if there's cm's in it then who cares it's not going to affect the chance quality. 

It's just a nonsense. Let the assistant ref judge it and put their flag up if they think it's offside. VAR is just not sport.

Utterly farcical to have that wonderful moment for their fans ripped away by some sort of computer analysis measuring out a few millimetres. 
Football is about emotion in the moment not measurements afterwards. If it’s not humanly possible to see that as offside without a computer than its onside as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 7