Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Bristol City Saturday

For possibly our biggest game of the season to date ( Ipswich aside ) I amazed at the number of tickets still available, just 4 days away, with plenty of doubles and the section next to the away area ( I assume has not been available to long ) almost totally available.

Destroys @essex canary theory that people that want to go to games can’t.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

For possibly our biggest game of the season to date ( Ipswich aside ) I amazed at the number of tickets still available, just 4 days away, with plenty of doubles and the section next to the away area ( I assume has not been available to long ) almost totally available.

Surprised it's not completely sold out. Regardless of the opposition, every game for us is massive from now on.

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

It’s only recently been made available. Looks like Bristol will be bringing relatively few fans with them.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Big game this one. Bristol are right near the top of the form table so we'll have to be at our best. 

I said and felt the same about Preston, yet they ended up being pretty poor. I mean what, they hit the crossbar once and that was it? Still of course a big match and I do feel we need to win all our remaning games

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Over 10 hours travel on the train, nearly £100 in fares-and that’s with my senior railcard. I won’t be attending Carrow Road until there are faster trains and the fare is cheaper 😉

Posted (edited)

Mr A, where would you to be coming from? I'm coming up by train from Bath and the ticket is £57.30 (senior railcard) and there's no engineering works either 😃

Edited by Wroxham Bridge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

Mr A, where would you to be coming from? I'm coming up by train from Bath and the ticket is £57.30 (senior railcard) and there's no engineering works either 😃

It does seem to be the first engineering-free weekend in ages from London, we’re on train from Surrey for the next two. 

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Over 10 hours travel on the train, nearly £100 in fares-and that’s with my senior railcard. I won’t be attending Carrow Road until there are faster trains and the fare is cheaper 😉

..... have you thought of moving?......

.....says the man living in Auckland....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Better pencil in the 12th of Never for your next visit then 😀

Still hundreds of tickets available. With my future prediction hat on I predict in 3 weeks time, there will be thread after thread complaining that people can’t get a ticket for the home leg of the semi final and we need a bigger ground, probably led by @essex canary

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I live in Wigan.  It is quicker to go into London and back out again for me, even with the (non) coinciding train times.  For Saturday for a 3pm, it's a 7.14 train getting in at 11.43, at a cost of £615 for the pair of us.  The later one, 9.01, gets us in to Norwich at 15.10, but is only £129.

For Swansea, I can at least get an 8.01 and make the game with 45 minutes to spare.

However, it's 11.30pm when we get home...

And that with friends and family railcard.  At least I get to leave when I want for the 5 hour drive over, and it's nice in my car.  Leaving at 8 should get me there in time for the match.  But it's a hell of a late night unless we stop somewhere on the way back.

Edited by Bobzilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

I live in Wigan.  It is quicker to go into London and back out again for me, even with the (non) coinciding train times.  For Saturday for a 3pm, it's a 7.14 train getting in at 11.43, at a cost of £615 for the pair of us.  The later one, 9.01, gets us in to Norwich at 15.10, but is only £129.

For Swansea, I can at least get an 8.01 and make the game with 45 minutes to spare.

And that with friends and family railcard.  At least I get to leave when I want for the 5 hour drive over, and it's nice in my car.  Leaving at 8 should get me there in time for the match.  But it's a hell of a late night unless we stop somewhere on the way back.

That’s fair enough, it’s more I can’t believe there aren’t thousands living local to FCR to snap up the tickets for such a big game. I am a distance traveller as well ( Birmingham ) and have to admit because of last season and the middle of this one, I haven’t travelled down for several midweek games this season.
That said, wishing my life away and can’t wait for Saturday, the excitement is finally back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

From Liverpool-it’s a 5 hour+ journey one way, no idea if that’s because of engineering works. The price is possibly so high because it’s short notice-Picking another random weekend I can get a return for £62-although there is only one ticket left for each trip, so once they go it’ll be more expensive.

20 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

Over 300 quid each for a train ticket? That's madness!!

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Angry said:

From Liverpool-it’s a 5 hour+ journey one way, no idea if that’s because of engineering works. 

Nah, as Sheffield is on that route and it is 3 and half from here to the Carra' without engineering works, so 5 hrs without works sounds right. Given when I went to the FA Cup match at Anfield my train went via Huddersfield because of the Hope Valley engineering works I think it might take nearer 7 ATM.

It takes me a whole walking 26 mins from my front door to sitting in my seat at Carra.....So anyone who travels from afar and spends a substantial amount of their disposable income (or not that disposable for some) to support NCFC....I salute you!....

Respect.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Nah, as Sheffield is on that route and it is 3 and half from here to the Carra' without engineering works, so 5 hrs without works sounds right. Given when I went to the FA Cup match at Anfield my train went via Huddersfield because of the Hope Valley engineering works I think it might take nearer 7 ATM.

It would probably be quicker to go from Liverpool to Euston, hop on the tube to Liverpool Street then on to Norwich.

Last time I went to Norwich by train I was living in London. I missed my scheduled one at Liverpool Street due to delays on the tube, had to pay for another ticket, got abused by Ipswich fans, then everyone had to get off the train at Ipswich because a lorry had crashed into a bridge down the line. Had to cadge a lift off someone who had his car parked at Ipswich. We got there with about a minute to spare. I think it might have been the game against Palace where Simon Hooper disallowed Jerome’s overhead goal.

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

It would probably be quicker to go from Liverpool to Euston, hop on the tube to Liverpool Street then on to Norwich.

Last time I went to Norwich by train I was living in London. I missed my scheduled one at Liverpool Street due to delays on the tube, had to pay for another ticket, got abused by Ipswich fans, then everyone had to get off the train at Ipswich because a lorry had crashed into a bridge down the line. Had to cadge a lift off someone who had his car parked at Ipswich. We got there with about a minute to spare. I think it might have been the game against Palace where Simon Hooper disallowed Jerome’s overhead goal.

Yep, quicker to go via London.  And less stress too.

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

It takes me a whole walking 26 mins from my front door to sitting in my seat at Carra.....So anyone who travels from afar and spends a substantial amount of their disposable income (or not that disposable for some) to support NCFC....I salute you!....

Respect.....

Done it once this year, for the Ipswich game.  Think it cost me about £400 all in for travel and accommodation.  Well worth it, but not something I could do every other week...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

Give split tickets a try - am sure that £600 could  be much lower 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I see these crazy train prices and people wonder why for most (especially for more than 1) people drive. 

Rail is non-service. Cheaper to hire a car!

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

The timing is more of an issue for me, tbh.  In a car I can leave when I like and, barring any accidents on the M6, A14 or A11, I'm golden.  Sure I've got to be concentrating for those 10 hours, but that's OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Still hundreds left, don’t ever let @essex canary tell you again how us travelling from miles away stop local people getting tickets.

You can still get 6 seats together! I’d love to come but work calls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You can still get 6 seats together! I’d love to come but work calls. 

That’s not what @essex canary has been saying though. He claims people like me who travel from Birmingham take up seats that he says should be available to locals first.

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

That’s not what @essex canary has been saying though. He claims people like me who travel from Birmingham take up seats that he says should be available to locals first.

So Birmingham are offering a dad and his lad or lass seats for £20. I did that when passing up the Rotherham home game. The family can't afford it, the grandparents, who can, paid. How much does the Club want for equivalent seats for tomorrow's game? Concessions nor seats aren't available in Block M (where I sit) much to the chagrin of many OAP's. The answer would be around £65. Block J is every bit as good, should have the same pricing structure as Block M and would cost £40. Still not cheap is it which is why people don't buy. 

You still have to pay for midweek games you can't get to. Why doesn't the Club offer you an opt out and some money back then have family offers for such matches as Birmingham have done?

To be fair we know the answer to that question but we don't have to like it and I don't

25 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So Birmingham are offering a dad and his lad or lass seats for £20. I did that when passing up the Rotherham home game. The family can't afford it, the grandparents, who can, paid. How much does the Club want for equivalent seats for tomorrow's game? Concessions nor seats aren't available in Block M (where I sit) much to the chagrin of many OAP's. The answer would be around £65. Block J is every bit as good, should have the same pricing structure as Block M and would cost £40. Still not cheap is it which is why people don't buy. 

You still have to pay for midweek games you can't get to. Why doesn't the Club offer you an opt out and some money back then have family offers for such matches as Birmingham have done?

To be fair we know the answer to that question but we don't have to like it and I don't

Locals don’t want to go then ? So people like me that travel hundreds of miles shouldn’t be banned from having season tickets as the club would be playing to a 1/3 empty stadium every week.

I have said it before for 6 weeks, just f*** off, the club don’t need people like you dragging in negativity during such an important period.

Still not convinced you are not a binner anyway, the giveaway is usually a blue Avatar, why would a Norwich supporter use the colour blue ?.

SING LOUDLY AND SING SWEETLY SATURDAY-  On the ball city and lets be Havin you- to push  city to the play offs

• Like 1