Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Kenny Mclean "is a monster"

This is exceptional and goes some way to explaining why fans are voting him as POTS in their numbers, fans love seeing players challenging and winning the ball back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just thought i'd get the bigger pic of the graph in:

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Gabby comes out of that graph surprisingly well, too.

Voting closes today.

When you consider his goals / assists in the team too, it's hardly surprising he's in the EFL team of the season!

Looks great but what is a ground duel? And how do you attempt one? 

13 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Looks great but what is a ground duel? And how do you attempt one? 

Any time a player tries to get the ball off another player and the ball is on the ground.

Our team presses quite a lot so should naturally be attempting a lot of them.

Not sure Ben Sheaf will be in the Championship next season either based on that. Ball winning tenacity mixed with some composure on the ball and nice passing stats. Certainly one I would love as an option in our midfield if we somehow get promoted. 

• Like 1

Always thought if Stoke end up in trouble, Burger's one we could tuck into.

• Like 1

It's funny how graphs can make things look to be fair, Kenny looks like the outlier but considering him and Sara have played basically the same amount of minutes it works out at him winning 7/8 more tackles over the course of the season.

Nonetheless it's good to see them both grade out well here.

47 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Any time a player tries to get the ball off another player and the ball is on the ground.

Our team presses quite a lot so should naturally be attempting a lot of them.

Sorry I can’t resist you mean a tackle?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Sorry I can’t resist you mean a tackle?

That's a part of it I'm sure but there's more than 1 way to win the ball off an opponent. I don't know the model they're using but if they were measuring tackle success rate they'd probably call it 'tackle success rate'.

Is this stuff something the every day fan needs to know? Absolutely not. Do some find it interesting. Yes.

I'd quite like to see a wider stats comparison between McLean and Sam Morsy considering how many scummers have been saying he should have been in team of the year. Apparently Kenny is better than him ad doing the thing Morsy is know for,

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Gabby comes out of that graph surprisingly well, too.

Voting closes today.

Indeed, I wouldn't have expected him to be one of the best in the division in this metric. 

Similar for Nuñez; he's bang average here which isn't bad considering it is most definitely not his best asset.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd quite like to see a wider stats comparison between McLean and Sam Morsy considering how many scummers have been saying he should have been in team of the year. Apparently Kenny is better than him ad doing the thing Morsy is know for,

1823851397_FBChartsKennyMcLeanvs.SamMorsy.png.1e385046e1eebf2fabad337b1f78718e.png

Based off of this it's probably fair to say they've basically been the same player this season. The only real differentiators being some of the defensive counting stats, ie the aerials and clearances which are perhaps more indicative of team style. Also worth pointing out that Kenny has had a stint at CB which will pad those slightly (and dampen others). Kenny's carrying is better than Morsy too, probably the most underrated part of his game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is exceptional and goes some way to explaining why fans are voting him as POTS in their numbers, fans love seeing players challenging and winning the ball back.

I can say that this in my opinion has been his best season for us! He’s been a non spotlight player but everywhere he’s played he’s been outstanding this season! ( Coming from me) but I always say if they deserve credit then they get it.

Sara will no doubt pip him but I’d say my POTS too.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

And our third best midfielder!

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He hasn’t been our best player this season, but good luck to him. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He hasn’t been our best player this season, but good luck to him. 

Opinions I guess

He may not have been our best (defining best might be difficult) player, but I do feel he is our 'player of the season' for many reasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion 

I won’t be two faced. Great servant to the club who obviously loves it here. Best player of any season? I don’t think so. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Opinions I guess

He may not have been our best (defining best might be difficult) player, but I do feel he is our 'player of the season' for many reasons.

Sara and Gunn in particular have got decent claims, but Kenny's got my vote. (and honourable mentions to Nunez, Stacey, Sargent and Rowe).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I won’t be two faced. Great servant to the club who obviously loves it here. Best player of any season? I don’t think so. 

If you mean most talented I agree. But POTS has never simply been the most talented.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If you mean most talented I agree. But POTS has never simply been the most talented.

I've voted for Gabi  Hoggy, but Kenny has been full on this season. We are looking better and fingers crossed. If POTS stood for Pŕîçķ of the Season , then I would have voted for Bob the Builder and the soccerbot guru ,the one and only Big Stu .  Cmon gabi  it will be your only POTS, because your off my man . Lovely goal ,can you believe  that manager of the losers said they where better and it was a scruffy goal. There's  another contender for stu boys POTS  award as well. 

🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷  enjoy because he's going. 

Edited by Mengo

You've got to feel for Vaulks, Hackney, and Rathbone in the bottom right of the graph. It's like having a grade card with A for effort and E for achievement.

• Like 1

Is it just a coincidence that those who consistently slate Kenny are the same ones who are consistently wrong about pretty much everything else…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Is it just a coincidence that those who consistently slate Kenny are the same ones who are consistently wrong about pretty much everything else…

Behave, I was right about Sargent! Sainz and Hwang! Just because McLean has a consistent and very good season! You mock me Nutty!😂😂👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Fair comment, still Sara for me though. 

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I bet they back Liz truss too! 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You've got to feel for Vaulks, Hackney, and Rathbone in the bottom right of the graph. It's like having a grade card with A for effort and E for achievement.

Oh, takes me right back to the old end-of-year school report for PE… same story every year…