5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean to be fair Leicester should have won and had absolutely all the play, as they have in several games. But this sort of thing happens in football. 9 times out of 10 if you replay that game with the same possession etc its a Leicester win

Ordinarily I'd agree but their form generally is dire. Their recent results have not all been 'one of those games'. They're clearly bottling it.

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I mean to be fair Leicester should have won and had absolutely all the play, as they have in several games. But this sort of thing happens in football. 9 times out of 10 if you replay that game with the same possession etc its a Leicester win

Their xG would have been low, did the Plymouth keeper have much to do? 

43 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Ordinarily I'd agree but their form generally is dire. Their recent results have not all been 'one of those games'. They're clearly bottling it.

You just wonder whether the prospect of starting a premier league season on minus points has distracted them

Leicester's form over the last ten games or so has been awful (13 points from 39), either their confidence is shot or teams have worked them out.

• Like 1

What is the matter with these teams, handing promotion to that bang average Ipswich side on a plate. The sheer amount of luck the scum are getting. 

Another ridiculous result last night. 

15 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Leicester's form over the last ten games or so has been awful (13 points from 39), either their confidence is shot or teams have worked them out.

Except against us as we rolled up and rolled over with our awful tactics/performance. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Like they were the other week when we played…

Lost 6 of the last ten, bossed us but definitely bottling it. 

We played into their hands that game giving their wingers all the space they needed. No one got close to Winks either. It will be no different in the play-offs you would imagine.

3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Recent results bar one.....🙄😁

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Their xG would have been low, did the Plymouth keeper have much to do? 

It was 7x higher than Plymouths almost!

3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

No, I get it. I dont deny they're bottling it but their performances have generally resulted in them creating more and better chances than their opponents. They'll be looking at Plymouths 0.24xG vs their 1.42 and that's been in a lot of the games a similar picture. But I agree they've dropped off.

If I was a Leicester fan I'd be very concerned for the immediate future, should they go up they face a big points deduction but remaining in the Championship will also mean a similar punishment. In addition, the squad is ageing and requires rebuilding wherever they end up next season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

If I was a Leicester fan I'd be very concerned for the immediate future, should they go up they face a big points deduction but remaining in the Championship will also mean a similar punishment. In addition, the squad is ageing and requires rebuilding wherever they end up next season.

Rebuilding in the PL is enormously expensive, and there is FFP in any case. Two points could be negligible in the grand scheme of things, and their recent slump indicates a certain frailty in the team they have (or the manager.)

They seem between a rock and a hard place.

Ipswich being in consecutive promotion races where their direct competition have chucked their form off a cliff during the run-in is very irritating.

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

Don’t entirely disagree @hogesar but you have to say their form has gone beyond one game . I thought they were home , hosed and in the bar months ago . I can only assume some injuries have occurred. 
We went one up against them and changed our shape. Away from home we don’t seem to able able to allow the opposition to have the ball. Strange as at home we have notable successes when we sit behind the ball. 

The inexperience of their manager is clearly showing. He isn’t very good at the psychology games either.  

Pre match Leeds and Plymouth he’s stated how it’s a massive match for them but just another match for Leicester. Certainly helped to get Home Park rocking whilst the Leicester fans just sat there in silence.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

No, I get it. I dont deny they're bottling it but their performances have generally resulted in them creating more and better chances than their opponents. They'll be looking at Plymouths 0.24xG vs their 1.42 and that's been in a lot of the games a similar picture. But I agree they've dropped off.

But at the risk of rehashing an old argument,  while this should offer them reassurance (we're dominating games and creating chances), it's also a cause for concern (we're not taking our chances). And of course the more you worry about not taking chances, the more likely you are to miss them...

• Like 2

I've got a funny feeling we might end up facing Leicester in the playoffs. That's not actually a massive worry because I think we're better than them at this point in time. 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I think we're better than them at this point in time

That's a bold claim. 

But if they do end up in the play offs they're going to be pretty traumatised. Shades of Wolves in 2002?...

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I've got a funny feeling we might end up facing Leicester in the playoffs. That's not actually a massive worry because I think we're better than them at this point in time. 

I don’t want Leicester in play offs our record against them is poor, would rather it was Ipswich but looks like the other 2 are intent on handing them the trophy

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That's a bold claim. 

But if they do end up in the play offs they're going to be pretty traumatised. Shades of Wolves in 2002?...

I’d give us a decent chance against them, as you say they’d be shot to pieces. If Coventry sneaked into the Play-Offs their fans want Leicester. 

On 13/04/2024 at 00:36, Well b back said:

The worrying thing there of course is Bristol City, who I thought were playing gosh and a certain 3 points

Yes, bit of a dark horse Bristol C of late.
You'd never think that they'd be that strong. Must have had an easy 6 games. That'll be it.

16 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

What is the matter with these teams, handing promotion to that bang average Ipswich side on a plate. The sheer amount of luck the scum are getting. 

Another ridiculous result last night. 

They will be found out in the PL as the bang average Championship side that they are. Lambs to the slaughter. And six points points for us.