Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Doomsday May Just Have Arrived...............

Just now, Peregrine Shorts said:

if Sydney scores.....we're on the pitch

I believe someone once said the same about Luciano................. (the groundsman never had to worry)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It’ll be Barnes as the lone striker! We’re in deep doo doo if that happens! Zero threat going forwards.

really needs to give VH that chance, I’m betting on a hat trick for VH! 😂😂😂

We can’t play Barnes as a lone striker. It’s Wagner so he’ll probably run a village tombola to see who plays up front. All bets are off.

i would guess at Sainz up top with Rowe playing on the wing and going off injured after 20 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Wagner says Hooijdonk has impressed in training...so why the f*** was'nt he used on Tuesday night. Guy is either full of cr*p,a liar or he has'nt got clue.

What are the chances of Sydney Van Hooidonk playing on Saturday David?

"Well he's been sh*t in training so I doubt it.............."

If you seriously expect football managers to answer questions honestly there's little hope for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is Gibbs available though? He can play there 😉

Out for the season 😔

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Wagner says Hooijdonk has impressed in training...so why the f*** was'nt he used on Tuesday night. Guy is either full of cr*p,a liar or he has'nt got clue.

Because he said he has to impress in training which he has and impress on the pitch, and I'm sure that will come, in other words hasn't happened on the pitch yet. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, daz said:

Out for the season 😔

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, he is a miss. Someone who can just chase things down constantly, I think that's what we missed against Wednesday, if Liam hadn't have gone off injured we would have a willing runner to press from the front very much like Sarge. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

In all seriousness, he is a miss. Someone who can just chase things down constantly, I think that's what we missed against Wednesday, if Liam hadn't have gone off injured we would have a willing runner to press from the front very much like Sarge. 

I am a fan of Gibbs but dont think he works as a forward player. Looking at your description there we might as well just bring a jack russell on... they love chasing balls! (Mind you I would rather play a jack russell than Idah!)

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What are the chances of Sydney Van Hooidonk playing on Saturday David?

"Well he's been sh*t in training so I doubt it.............."

If you seriously expect football managers to answer questions honestly there's little hope for you.

There's more hope for me than City if he starts with Barnes up top. Also all he has to say re: SVH is that he has prove he should start. Doe'snt have to say he's sh*t!!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

There's more hope for me than City if he starts with Barnes up top. Also all he has to say re: SVH is that he has prove he should start. Doe'snt have to say he's sh*t!!

In slightly different words that is what he has said!

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can we call the season off now?

Apparently Wagner already did that when he brought on Gibbs on Tuesday night................................

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

30 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

We can’t play Barnes as a lone striker. It’s Wagner so he’ll probably run a village tombola to see who plays up front. All bets are off.

i would guess at Sainz up top with Rowe playing on the wing and going off injured after 20 minutes. 

Oh we can and we will!!!

i imagine Sarge will need some sort of Operation at end of season wonder if that will put any buyers off ? 

just seems not to want to heal 100 % for some reason 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 162000.png

The crap Wagner got for taking him off against Wednesday, saying he should have stayed on until 80 mins.

• Like 2

I’d rather play Aboh than Van Hooijdonk to be honest. The latter has shown zero threat in the cameos I’ve seen. Aboh has pace and offers a threat in behind.

Wagner will play Barnes up front with Fassnacht behind though 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I’d rather play Aboh than Van Hooijdonk to be honest. The latter has shown zero threat in the cameos I’ve seen. Aboh has pace and offers a threat in behind.

Wagner will play Barnes up front with Fassnacht behind though 

Zero threat? I don't disagree that's he overall a disappointment but he has one assist during which he passed a ball for a guaranteed goal he could very well have taken the shot. To say he's had "zero threat" is wrong. 

As an aside - this is why the decision to send Idah out was a stupid one. Instead of having a guy capable of deputising, we're now looking around at the options all scratching our heads. 

• Like 5

SVH doesn't have any pace or mobility and can't run with the ball which is what we'd miss with Sargent out. I honestly have no idea what Aboh's like as a player but if he can run and chase things and has a bit of ball carrying ability then he has to start or we'll just be penned in defending all game. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

As an aside - this is why the decision to send Idah out was a stupid one. Instead of having a guy capable of deputising, we're now looking around at the options all scratching our heads. 

Don't worry I'm sure now Idah is scoring for fun at Celtic and is clearly loving his time at the club he will want to return to us when the season ends right..? Right?

Right?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't worry I'm sure now Idah is scoring for fun at Celtic and is clearly loving his time at the club he will want to return to us when the season ends right..? Right?

Right?

His hardly starting for them either, but would have been better if he was on our bench.