Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

In the Cold Light of Day.

That's a good point.

Feels like a punch in the guts given that we were 2-0 up and couldn't hang on to the lead, but it was always going to be a really difficult game for a whole variety of reasons. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

"good point"😂

Should have won five or six nill.  Quite the bottlejob result.

Yes, a point away given our awful away form is ok but that was a collapse

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's a good point.

Feels like a punch in the guts given that we were 2-0 up and couldn't hang on to the lead, but it was always going to be a really difficult game for a whole variety of reasons. 

It just proves that our defence is utterly weak when put under pressure! Funny that our best defender this year was McLean! Two points dropped not a good point gained I’m afraid Thirsty in my book..

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's a good point.

we had enough chances to win 3/4 games we should have been out of sight ,

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's a good point.

Hahahahahahahhahahaaaa 

**** me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"good point"😂

Should have won five or six nill. Awful bottlejob result.

Yes, a point away given our awful away form is ok but that was a collapse of titanic levels.

I'm not saying anything 😄

Good point 😂
A team looking to finish top 6 and playing second from bottom. 2 up . Let in two dead ball free headers . 
Pop down to Colney tomorrow and tell the players it was a good point .  

Just now, king canary said:

Hahahahahahahhahahaaaa 

**** me.

The usual histrionic over reaction in the heat of the moment after a match.

There's a whole thread further down the board where poster after poster has agreed that tonight's game is a real banana skin.

IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY!!

(Coventry lost by the way - we're one more point further ahead of them than we were this morning). 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

There's a whole thread further down the board where poster after poster has agreed that tonight's game is a real banana skin.

(Coventry lost by the way - we're one more point further ahead of them than we were this morning). 

The match literally finished about 5 minutes ago.

Maybe wait until we're actually in day light before posting about the 'cold light of day' yeah?

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

The match literally finished about 5 minutes ago.

Maybe wait until we're actually in day light before posting about the 'cold light of day' yeah?

I'll post WHEN I WANT - calm down.

In the grand scheme of things it worked out. One point gained on Coventry.  Should have been 3 though. 

Still, none of thentop three want to go up either!!! Can't blame them tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Why don’t you fúck off ? 

Yes p#ss off

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'm not saying anything 😄

You still here bro 🙈... slightly obsessed being on here.. 15 years and counting 

So much pressure on the Preston game now. Still, at least we've been absolutely solid away from home.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Totally agree. We wasted too many chances and fell foul of a couple of set pieces from our defense creating too many corners for Wednesday.. Disappointing, but wasn’t bad football overall and, as you say, we’ve put another point between us and 7th.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

12 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Good point 😂
A team looking to finish top 6 and playing second from bottom. 2 up . Let in two dead ball free headers . 
Pop down to Colney tomorrow and tell the players it was a good point .  

You're missing my point entirely - it feels like a punch in the guts right now (hell I even said so in my OP) - in the morning it will look a lot better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canario said:

In the grand scheme of things it worked out. One point gained on Coventry.  Should have been 3 though. 

Still, none of thentop three want to go up either!!! Can't blame them tbh. 

Coventry are not the only team we need to be looking over our shoulders at though 

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Perhaps if we hadn't been 2-0 up, but we were. There is now way to disguise this result as anything other that 2 points dropped. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Totally agree. We wasted too many chances and fell foul of a couple of set pieces from our defense creating too many corners for Wednesday.. Disappointing, but wasn’t bad football overall and, as you say, we’ve put another point between us and 7th.

But puts Preston 2 points nearer too us,  and they play us next , just the lift they needed to have a right go at us. And i most certainly don't fancy our chances after tonight's shambles at the back under pressure. 

Edited by Dame to Blame
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Coventry are not the only team we need to be looking over our shoulders at though 

I take it you mean Preston who after us their last 3 games are Southampton West Brom and Leicester

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You're missing my point entirely - it feels like a punch in the guts right now (hell I even said so in my OP) - in the morning it will look a lot better. 

It might look better if we lose at Preston though!

Just to add, 'histrionic over reactions' to things like chucking away a two goal lead to a team in the relegation zone are a natural part of being a fan.

I've got no time for this 'oh look at me, I'm so above it all' rubbish.

• Like 1

If we miss out on 6th by a point I’ll pull this thread back, if we get in by a point you’re correct Thirsty! 😂😂👍😉

• Like 1