dylanisabaddog

Remaining fixtures all teams

A pretty easy run in and we're getting results but we are not free and clear.

We want Hull and Cov to continue to have enough of a sniff that they take points off Ipswich. Must not lose at Preston. 

I think we could finish 5th although WBA have decent fixtures also 

• Like 1

Wednesday on Tuesday is a tougher game than it might otherwise have been. Going to take a massive effort to get the boys up for that after the derby, especially as Wagner (absolutely rightly) didn't really make any subs yesterday. Wouldn't be too unhappy with a point from that game.

Not over yet by a long chalk, but the run-in does look pretty favourable to us. OTBC

• Like 3

We’re 5th, 6th or 7th I reckon. Personally I think 5th is a big advantage over 6th as Southampton are the weakest team above us. WBA in the final 😀

We want 5th place. Send Russell Martin packing and then put another one over the binners on finals day. What a dream season that would be.

WBA along with ourselves have the most favourable fixtures. Coventry I think will suffer the extra game.

Ultimately we just have to focus on what we do. Ideally 4 points from a long away week to keep pace with WBA who have two decent home games.

There will be few if any easy games. 

First up Sheff Wed away will be very hard. They're on the back of a fine away win at QPR. We ran ourselves into the ground yesterday with only 2 subs used. That will be every bit as difficult as Preston away, if not more so as Hillsborough will be rocking and we've seen what an impact that can have.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There will be few if any easy games. 

First up Sheff Wed away will be very hard. They're on the back of a fine away win at QPR. We ran ourselves into the ground yesterday with only 2 subs used. That will be every bit as difficult as Preston away, if not more so as Hillsborough will be rocking and we've seen what an impact that can have.

Agree completely. Think three wins should just about be enough. So we have to win the two home games and find a win somewhere on the road. Going to take a huge effort to win on Tuesday. A couple of points from those two away games would not be a bad return, actually. Would be delighted with anything more.

We need one win I reckon from Wednesday or Preston to leave us to win the 2 home games, surely 9 points will be enough ? I wouldn’t want to leave it to the Birmingham game, they could be playing to stay up and being my second team don’t want that.

Hoping we can have 6th sorted ( don’t think we will catch WBA ) and then due to our thin squad give everyone a much needed breather on the last day.

West Brom have a certain three points mid-week home to Rotherham and another pretty easy three points against Sunderland. Unless we win both of our away games this week, I think fifth is beyond us, which means if we make the play-offs we either get Leicester or Leeds (scary) or Ipswich (all the extra tensions surrounding that). 

9 hours ago, jonnyace1 said:

We want 5th place. Send Russell Martin packing and then put another one over the binners on finals day. What a dream season that would be.

Carlsberg season

9 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Wednesday on Tuesday is a tougher game than it might otherwise have been. Going to take a massive effort to get the boys up for that after the derby, especially as Wagner (absolutely rightly) didn't really make any subs yesterday. Wouldn't be too unhappy with a point from that game.

Not over yet by a long chalk, but the run-in does look pretty favourable to us. OTBC

Apart from Gibbs for Barnes which, tactically, was the best substitution he's made in a year......

How about this

we get 5th, Coventry get 6th

ipswich get 3rd

we beat Southampton, Coventry beat Ipswich(and they would, got way more heart than Ipswich)

Coventry Norwich playoff final, one for the ages.

No excuses for us or Brom not to cement play off spots, looking at those fixtures compared to those around. 

42 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

How about this

we get 5th, Coventry get 6th

ipswich get 3rd

we beat Southampton, Coventry beat Ipswich(and they would, got way more heart than Ipswich)

Coventry Norwich playoff final, one for the ages.

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Coventry v Norwich play off final. Some occasion that would be. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. Coventry v Norwich play off final. Some occasion that would be. 

Us and Coventry are coming in with a lot of momentum that’s what I keep thinking. That’s important in those play off semis.

whoever gets third will believe they should have gone up automatically, the wind will be out of their sails.

It would be a pretty amazing playoff final, both great sets of fans with no animosity between us. I could see it being a really good game.

We shall see!

• Like 1

Coventry have Southampton and Birmingham away this week and their other fixtures aren't exactly kind. And they have the FA Cup. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Coventry have Southampton and Birmingham away this week and their other fixtures aren't exactly kind. And they have the FA Cup. 

Tricky match for Coventry on Tuesday but Southampton are not in the best of form. Simms and Wright are on fire now so I wouldn’t rule them out just yet at finishing top 6.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cov don’t look like dropping points to me. Fortunately they did against Cardiff though, or they’d be in the driving seat. 

Sheff Wed away midweek is a horrible fixture right now. I don’t think our record there is great either. This is where Wagner and the players need to show true fight. Wednesday will be well up for it.. and we have a habit of no shows in these type of fixtures, especially under Wagner too. Preston is also very tough. If we don’t get a result against Wednesday, and Preston beat Huddersfield, then Preston would know beating us puts them a point behind with a game in hand.

It’s far from done. This is a huge week. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1