Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Do we have a psychological edge over the binners?

Yes, yes we do. 

They will absolutely brick it if end up 3rd and have us in the playoffs

I think there’s too many Binners on here now ?? Must be a comfort thing…

Posted (edited)

Yes, we do. We have done for at least 10 of the last 15 years now, they gave up what hope they had in this fixture and deep down they know it. 

Our success has lived rent free in their heads. They are forever trying to prove that they're history means everything even though a massive % of their fanbase weren't alive the last time they won anything, any league, even this one. Hell I wasn't even alive the last time they won this league (92) born in 93 - we've won it 3 times since then + the play offs + league one ( another league they failed to win ) 

They are very much trying to catch up to all that, yes they have some history over us but in recent times we are the dominant force and they absolutely know that! 

It's their best season in this division for 20+ years and yet over 2 legs we've beaten them 3-2. They just cannot beat us. 

Maybe Sir Grant Holt and Sir Wes done some voodoo magic at Colney or sacrificed a Suffolk punch or something in 2010, whatever it is, we've got it and they haven't. 

And again They absolutely know it. It's ingrained into every single person connected to that club now. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

I can’t remember us ever being another clubs bogey team. The fact we now appear to be one for Ipswich is a fantastic feeling 

• Like 5

Complacency is a dangerous thing.

Enjoy the win, yes. But could end up not meaning anything.  

One thing certain neither team would survive in The Premiership 

1 hour ago, daly said:

One thing certain neither team would survive in The Premiership 

Only you could find some negative bile to spurt out today 

• Like 1

I must admit, I was so worried about the game today. In my mind I was "they are due a win" and I forgot how much more we are in their heads after trouncing them 5-1 at Portman Rd

Leicester fan here, thanks for losing to us and then beating Ipswich, is greatly appreciated.  Hope you make the playoffs as have a soft spot for Norfolk.

4 hours ago, foxchrys said:

Leicester fan here, thanks for losing to us and then beating Ipswich, is greatly appreciated.  Hope you make the playoffs as have a soft spot for Norfolk.

You are very welcome. We really couldn't have done much more. Given six points to you and Leeds, taken four off the binmen. Now you need to return the favour and keep them out of the top two. It really is the least you can do.

• Like 6

At this point we absolutely have a psychological edge over them. They haven’t beaten us for 15 years and you could see their fans lacked any real belief yesterday. The players know that winning the fixture would make them heroes for the scum which puts added pressure on them, you could see that they were making tonnes of mistakes and were totally off their normal game, especially first half.

I really think Klose’s header broke them. They scored in the 89th minute, they thought they’d done it, they were over the line, and it happened again! They must think there’s a curse or something.

To talk about specific players one I spotted was chamberlain for Ipswich. You could tell he was amped up but it was the wrong type of amped up. He was nervous, sketchy. I could tell from minute one he wasn’t right.

Then take Barnes. He brought a brand of controlled s41thousery you need in a game like that. Put himself about, made himself a menace. A perfect derby performance of a mentally strong player.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

To talk about specific players one I spotted was chamberlain for Ipswich. You could tell he was amped up but it was the wrong type of amped up. He was nervous, sketchy. I could tell from minute one he wasn’t right.

Then take Barnes. He brought a brand of controlled s41thousery you need in a game like that. Put himself about, made himself a menace. A perfect derby performance of a mentally strong player.

Barnes turning to the Binner fans at the full time whistle and fake crying at them was peak Barnes

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Barnes really impressed me yesterday.

If you watch him off the ball he's a pain in the ****. For example, on all the free kicks he would stand staring at the goal keeper unflinching just staring.

Then when we scored while everyone was celebrating he slow walked in their half. Both teams ready to kick off and he was still mooching about in Ipswich half of the centre, total pro holding up play stopping the scum getting the game going again, juet highly intelligent play.

• Like 1

I think what may be overlooked is how we played. Wagner and others had done their homework on the binners. Litle pssing about at the back, Gunn hoofed it forward. Ladkey was targetted at corners, seen as vulnerable. Get in tight, and get another one or two to battle for the ball. One sub at 70 mins. Moore was contained.

You could see Mck was getting frustrated, even the master card of subs scoring late was not working. I expect other coaches and analysts will be watching the game during the week. Ipswich did not lose as their lot are claiming. They were beaten by the use of better tactics and a team wanting to win, not one expecting to win. So many of their players looked 'off they claim, that's because we made them look that way.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Barnes turning to the Binner fans at the full time whistle and fake crying at them was peak Barnes

Old mutant valley beanpole up front for Ipswich was giving our fans some at half time and you could just see he wasn’t right. Mental weakness was everywhere to see.

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Barnes really impressed me yesterday.

If you watch him off the ball he's a pain in the ****. For example, on all the free kicks he would stand staring at the goal keeper unflinching just staring.

Then when we scored while everyone was celebrating he slow walked in their half. Both teams ready to kick off and he was still mooching about in Ipswich half of the centre, total pro holding up play stopping the scum getting the game going again, juet highly intelligent play.

His performance has been lost a bit I feel. He did a really great job yesterday he worked so hard and was a constant annoyance to them.

• Like 1

Have they ever beaten us in a knock out game/tie?

The play offs, the milk cup semis. I can't remember ever playing them in a cup apart from that. When it matters we're just better!

On 07/04/2024 at 02:13, Iwans Big Toe said:

I must admit, I was so worried about the game today. In my mind I was "they are due a win" and I forgot how much more we are in their heads after trouncing them 5-1 at Portman Rd

Thats the trouble though every time we play them we all think they are due a win and at some point these long runs come to an end which is why I do not want them in the play offs