46 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Apparently leaving portaloo road at 0845. Now I know the A140 is carp with roadworks but how long do they think it's gonna take to do 40 miles? 

Have they worked out the timings based on the speed of an old John deere??

Ipswich Town Supporters Club Haverhill ...

"Just gorra stop at Diss to pick up Dogtooth Denzil, Simple Silas an' Kenny Bottles....Then we should just reach Norwich 15mins before kick off".... 

48 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Apparently leaving portaloo road at 0845. Now I know the A140 is carp with roadworks but how long do they think it's gonna take to do 40 miles? 

Have they worked out the timings based on the speed of an old John deere??

presumably they're walking!! cant understand why the Old Bill want them here so early. 

will have a ringside seat watch them from my residence on the A140 in Stratton anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think there are plenty of fans who can enjoy a few drinks before, during and/or after the match without being a menace to society.

If any of our lot started abusing members of the public, causing criminal damage or trying to start fights, they'd get pulled into line pretty quickly.

Thats why they wont need the Cops there today then Wolfo?

10 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Edgy

Nope,Healthy.

🍻🍻  Toodle Pip( which means nowt aparently)... Off to the offy to buy some Staros. A very east bite from all you ultra defensive boozers today.

Nothing unhealthy about two pints of English best before a game, as I used to have with my old fella as a newly-aged drinker. Reserves too,

A couple more after occasionally. Boy's day.

Ma's was Wed with the "girls."

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

make you that nervous ,do i ? paying all that beer tax is like having a tv licence, youre a slave to the govt and the bbc...they even fool you into thinking youre being edgy by boozing....as edgy as a night in the queen vic. you rebel.

Blimey. Temperance police or what? You sound like my cousin.

Getting a bit nervy perhaps? I have no suggestions other than the obvious.

Edited by Cowboy

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Blimey. Temperance police or what? You sound like my cousin.

Getting a bit nervy perhaps? I have no suggestions other than the obvious.

You havent read this thread  through have you. Easiest way to wind up an Englishman, criticise his right to drink on any occasion that makes them nervous.......enjoy the game. I do.

Edited by wcorkcanary

27 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You havent read this thread  through have you. Easiest way to wind up an Englishman, criticise his right to drink on any occasion that makes them nervous.......enjoy the game. I do.

Weird that you want to wind up other Norwich fans on derby day of all days. 

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure that if I were coming from Bintown I’d be on the train - there’s 2 extras running that leave a much more reasonable time at 10:50/11.

You’re a bit stuffed if a City fan coming from Diss though - just one an hour which will have also stopped there.  

The idea that you need to factor in for a load of pints before a 12:30 kickoff is a bit odd, but each to their own - I needed my lie-in more than a beer!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Posted (edited)

Back 2 seats on the coach need to be stacked with 6 packs, then taking in every pub on the way. Essential to get a belly full of beer, for such games, otherwise it’s more than a Sunday day trip !

1 hour 10 is the going rate for Ippo to Carra Rud, otherwise you must drive like a 🐈 ****.

Edited by Sheva

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Weird that you want to wind up other Norwich fans on derby day of all days. 

lighten up Wolfo, if you hadnt noticed , i like a bevvy too, its just amusing to watch  the reactions. 

Seen a few norwich fans get arrested throwing smoke & 1 ipswich fan for throwing a coke bottle at the norwich fans that hit a horse. 

Anyone seriously believed that someone from Cork didn't drink?? Whatever next, that there are attractive women in Ipswich?!

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

🍻🍻  Toodle Pip( which means nowt aparently)... Off to the offy to buy some Staros. A very east bite from all you ultra defensive boozers today.

Staropramen, I guess. Tbh, if it's not an ice-cold Jever or a Weihanstephaner, I'm not bloody drinking it.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

lighten up Wolfo, if you hadnt noticed , i like a bevvy too, its just amusing to watch  the reactions. 

Beer time!