Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Who Do We Really Want In Play-Offs

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d give us a 50/50 against anyone but feel Monday is a dress rehearsal, bring it on. 

If we get to the playoffs then obviously we'll be playing one of the current top four in the semis. I genuinely think we'd have a better chance against the scum than anyone else. All the other three have lots of proven PL class, but the scummers are punching above their weight and I think they'd bottle it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we get to the playoffs then obviously we'll be playing one of the current top four in the semis. I genuinely think we'd have a better chance against the scum than anyone else. All the other three have lots of proven PL class, but the scummers are punching above their weight and I think they'd bottle it.

Yup, agreed. And strangely enough, if we did end up playing them, I'd think we'd see it as more of a bonus to be there on an equal footing with them based on our respective seasons and they'd feel the pressure far more than us. 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I would totally agree. The Town do not possess any great individuals for us to worry about but they just have had an amazing season so far as achieving results is concerned. They put up a very ordinary performance against Blackburn today and only won as a result of a very soft goal. On current form I would expect us to win next week and in a crucial play off situation I think our more experienced players will be a big factor.

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think we’d do Leicester comfortably over 2 legs, who we’d meet in the final who knows how that would pan out. 

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Leicester are the club who are bottling it now and have done for the last three seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think we’d do Leicester comfortably over 2 legs, who we’d meet in the final who knows how that would pan out. 

That's bold! I think we'd have a decent chance, but 'do them comfortably'? I know they're not playing well at the moment, but they've still got a ton of class in that squad.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's bold! I think we'd have a decent chance, but 'do them comfortably'? I know they're not playing well at the moment, but they've still got a ton of class in that squad.

No plan B Wolf, their fans are so disillusioned where the next win is coming from. Yes we’d do them over in the Play-Offs and will give them a taster on Monday.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I will worry about it if and when we get there.

Wise words as always Ricardo but there’s no one to fear if we make it. That’s how you win it once there. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No plan B Wolf, their fans are so disillusioned where the next win is coming from. Yes we’d do them over in the Play-Offs and will give them a taster on Monday.

I know Maresca had been coming in for a bit of criticism even when they were top and cruising, but a squad of that quality could still quite easily turn us over. I don't fear them, and I think we've got a chance of getting a result on Monday, but if players of that quality get some momentum they could just as easily do a job on us. 

On current form, any of them. If our form drops off then it doesn't matter because we won't be in the semis.

Trying to decide who we play isa bit pointless as just as we have picked up so any of the top four who find themselves in the playoffs is likely to have seen be their form fallen off  ie Leicester

And injuries can change a team so there is no knowing what the state for any of them come the final table. As dear old Richard above said, let's meet that when we have to.

I think whoever finishes 3rd will be absolutely broken, especially as whoever it is will have spurned a glorious chance of the autos.

Genuinely feel the team that finishes 6th will hve momentum over the rest.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I know Maresca had been coming in for a bit of criticism even when they were top and cruising, but a squad of that quality could still quite easily turn us over. I don't fear them, and I think we've got a chance of getting a result on Monday, but if players of that quality get some momentum they could just as easily do a job on us. 

I’m not impartial, some of my best mates are Foxes fans but I dislike the club with a passion. Seriously take a look on their MB, pre match Norwich thread will quadruple our match day thread on the day. Leicester fans are bricking Monday. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I think whoever finishes 3rd will be absolutely broken, especially as whoever it is will have spurned a glorious chance of the autos.

Genuinely feel the team that finishes 6th will hve momentum over the rest.

Exactly, they will be ****ed. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m not impartial, some of my best mates are Foxes fans but I dislike the club with a passion. Seriously take a look on their MB, pre match Norwich thread will quadruple our match thread on the day. Leicester fans are bricking Monday. 

We'll see. Obviously I bloody hope you're right! 😉

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

We'll see. Obviously I bloody hope you're right! 😉

I’m full of ****! Have some faith though, we’re winning on Monday. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One of the main parts of a successful team is the desire. Something we have seen in our lot over the past few months. I recall a comment from Russel Martin that went something on the lines of ' I never thought I would be in with a chance of getting to the PL. never lind actually getting there' it is a mindset I suspect the binners have.

Whereas with Leicester they have players who know that missing out this time is not their only chance as they will be offered a way back in via a transfer to a lower PL club, or orf to sunnier climes across the channel

Many times I have heard the underdog player say  'we wanted it more than they did'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

One of the main parts of a successful team is the desire. Something we have seen in our lot over the past few months. I recall a comment from Russel Martin that went something on the lines of ' I never thought I would be in with a chance of getting to the PL. never lind actually getting there' it is a mindset I suspect the binners have.

Whereas with Leicester they have players who know that missing out this time is not their only chance as they will be offered a way back in via a transfer to a lower PL club, or orf to sunnier climes across the channel

Many times I have heard the underdog player say  'we wanted it more than they did'

I agree with the logic. Sadly, I think that also means that the horrible lot down the road will probably make the top two now. Praying for a Southampton win on Monday, and then another opportunity for us to derail them next weekend.

The only team I really don’t want is Leeds. I think we’d have more chance against any of the others

• Like 4

I still think Leeds will probably win the league. They have some serious weapons in their squad. Leicester have been playing ok but not winning, is that a mental block or will they revert to the norm? I suspect the latter.

I don’t pay much attention to the scum but when I have seen them, they don’t impress at all. There’s fight and “never say die” momentum that they’ve carried through the season but I don’t see much quality. I’d prefer to play them or Southampton IF we make it, I wouldn’t want the scum in the final because the day would be ruined by over zealous policing and in the slim chance that they beat us it would be f@cking horrible. But you have to weigh that against the possibility of ruining their best season since 1981 or whatever. Let’s just get there first; one game at a time and all that. 

• Like 2

I still think we have to perform well to qualify for the playoffs, it isn’t going to be easy and only 6th is realistic - hope I am wrong.  Once we are there, I genuinely would want Ipswich, I think they are the weakest of the top three.  Then a final against WBA would be my preference.  The way things are going, I am expecting Leicester, and if we get through that Southampton.  These would both be difficult.

Personally, anyone except West Brom. We never seem to do well against them.

My preference would be 1p5wich in the semi and Leicester in the Final.

It’s counter intuitive but I would like whoever finishes 3rd as whoever it is Leicester Ipswich etc.. they will likely be reeling from missing out on promotion. A rocking Carrow road, if we can start well get an early goal they will be massively under pressure hopefully they would crumble.

44 minutes ago, A K Narey said:

Personally, anyone except West Brom. We never seem to do well against them.

Hopefully this will change this week, but WBrom are currently the only team above us that we have beaten this season.