Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Leicester Predictions

13 minutes ago, Mutley said:

We might do, but my first ever game was Easter Monday 1978 when we lost 4-0 to the binmen…

I think a draw is on the cards, and I’m ok with that.

Since the end of January, Leicester have shown mid-table form at best. So now is as good a time as any to play them.

I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

We might do, but my first ever game was Easter Monday 1978 when we lost 4-0 to the binmen…

I think a draw is on the cards, and I’m ok with that.

I was rather heartened by the record that’s all, as opposed to our dreadful Boxing Day one. I was there in 1978, and also the year before when we lost 5-0 (not Easter Monday) and in 1980, again on Easter Monday when we lost 4-2 with Eric the diver Gates winning two very dodgy penalties. You young ones on here know nothing of the pain we had to endure! 

In my ‘last 13 games’ predictions, obviously made some while ago, I had us down as losing this one and with Leicester losing at Bristol they will be right up for this. However they really are on a bad run and we could get a draw at the v least. Four points out of the next two games would be brilliant. 

Leicester's defeat at Brizzle just may have made it more difficult for us. They'll be absolutely desperate for win and nothing less than a win will do really.

I really can't predict this one. It's almost a free hit but a draw possibly more likely?

Posted (edited)

Their season has imploded since January. What was a comfortable auto spot if not the title seems in doubt. Yesterday's loss means Monday is all but a 'must-win' for them.

I suspect they'll start like a tornado and it will be all hands to the pumps - but weather the storm, get our shooting boots on and it could be high scoring game.

Fancy our chances here but it will shred our nerves..

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

It’s an interesting one for sure. After they won the game before last, I thought their blip was over. Then they lost yesterday, and the blip starts to look like it might become a Devon Loch implosion. What does it mean for us? Well, on the one hand, I reckon they’ll come out all guns blazing. It’s possible - they’re still a damn good side, and we’re pretty rubs defensively - we get overwhelmed. On the other hand, they will - rightly, in my view - be ****ting themselves about the prospect of ending up in the play offs having been so far ahead, and the crowd will be too. Ride out the first 20-30 mins and I reckon we’ve got a great chance 👍🏼 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Leicester's defeat at Brizzle just may have made it more difficult for us.

I'd argue that the continuation of their poor form makes it easier.

They've been in a rut for several weeks and it's still going. A win yesterday would've given them confidence, but as it is, the doubts and the fear of completing one of the biggest Championship bottle-jobs of all time remain.

Tbf on the highlights brizzle played some good stuff and Leicester did some really good high pressing which as long as we don't P I s s about with it too much at the back should be fine 😑😉👌

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd argue that the continuation of their poor form makes it easier.

They've been in a rut for several weeks and it's still going. A win yesterday would've given them confidence, but as it is, the doubts and the fear of completing one of the biggest Championship bottle-jobs of all time remain.

Possibly, but they're creating excellent chances regularly still. They're just, slightly unbelievably, not taking them.

Really tough game but be delighted with a point.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Possibly, but they're creating excellent chances regularly still. They're just, slightly unbelievably, not taking them.

Oh yeah, it's still going to be an incredibly tough game, but I think that yet another poor result yesterday is more likely to go in our favour than work against us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yup vardy should have easily had a hat trick and iheanacho a decent goal ruled out too. Just no silly mistakes plz 🙄

• Like 1

Everyone seems to be forgetting NCFC away form, we are not playing the bottom feeders.  An early goal will boost them however fail to notch in first half after they have tried and failed to breach a 0-0 could be predicted.  If we score first a 1-0 on the cards.

Happy with a point, but I can't see Leicester losing this one. We need to score first.

Teams have caused them problems recently by sitting in and springing at them quickly on the counter kinda similar to what Plymouth tried to do to us yesterday. We've shown we can do that well before, we caused Leeds some problems playing that way and were unlucky not to get a result in that game. I think if we go for that approach we could get a good result but if we go in and try to play them at their own game we will probably get picked off but either way I'm leaning towards a 2-2 draw

This game probably wont define our final position, so if I could pick I would happily take 3 points from our next 2 games, but those 3 points coming next Saturday..

Unfortunately football doesn’t work like that.

2 hours ago, daz said:

Yup vardy should have easily had a hat trick and iheanacho a decent goal ruled out too. Just no silly mistakes plz 🙄

I've never seen such a hat trick of missed chances, particularly the last one! However, can anyone seriously believe he will miss those again v us if similar chances present themselves??

• Like 1

2-1 ,Norwich CIty.  

1-1 . Sargent scores to equalise  80th minute.

1-2  Sara screamer 94th minute. Game finishes 95 minutes.  Patience, patience!🤣