cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Pilgrims*

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like a big win. Said before it felt like a banana skin match and when Plymouth scored..

Earlier in the season you feel we would have folded and lost. But now? This side? We don't.

Didn't you boo them off at half time?

• Haha 2

Huge win that. Iffy performance at times. I worry about how bad the back four look at times. Better sides wound have punished us at times today. Gibson gets dragged to the ball far too easily.

Shame it’s shaping up to be a good day results wise for the scum but the main thing is we won our winnable home game to give us some sort of cushion. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really big win that. Makes a point on Monday a great result, and we could even absorb a defeat.

Have to say, fair play to Plymouth. Really good game plan, threat all game, probably count themselves a bit unlucky. From my position 200 miles away it looked like they'd brought a decent following on that epic journey, too. Hope they stay up.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If you don't mind me correcting your spelling, that should be 'POTS'.

Fair point, well made 👍

Just now, shefcanary said:

Their manager will have a field day in front of the press. 

He's going to have a proper crack at them, he's going to say the plan he hatched went sunny side up!

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Really big win that. Makes a point on Monday a great result, and we could even absorb a defeat.

Have to say, fair play to Plymouth. Really good game plan, threat all game, probably count themselves a bit unlucky. From my position 200 miles away it looked like they'd brought a decent following on that epic journey, too. Hope they stay up.

Leicester look jittery. Think we could get them, you know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

We could, but even if we lose the binners will cry and that's a win in my books.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

We could, but even if we lose the binners will cry and that's a win in my books.

Why not take points off both of them? I'd be pleased with a draw at Leicester and beating that lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Oh, yeah, me too. But if we'd lost today another defeat up there would have really set us back. Now we can just attack that game with confidence, take it to them and see what happens. And if we do lose, there's the obvious consolation prize that it will be a poor result for the binners.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Why not take points off both of them? I'd be pleased with a draw at Leicester and beating that lot.

That's the dream

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

At least a point coming on Monday, they are shot. 

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Of course the shame is that if we win there we help out the scum. Obviously we want to win but shame there is that down side 

21 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Never in doubt 😁

I now have faith that this team will turn it around if needed. It disappeared for a large chunk of the early part of the season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If you don't mind me correcting your spelling, that should be 'POTS'.

Yes definitely IMO, Sarge has been brilliant since returning, Sara and Sainz have been fantastic for us but Kenny I think is having his best season with us, been a great captain too. I doubt he’ll win but IMO he should.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Huge win that. Iffy performance at times. I worry about how bad the back four look at times. Better sides wound have punished us at times today. Gibson gets dragged to the ball far too easily.

Shame it’s shaping up to be a good day results wise for the scum but the main thing is we won our winnable home game to give us some sort of cushion. 

Give it a rest . Gibson been outstanding since he came back from injury . 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Of course the shame is that if we win there we help out the scum. Obviously we want to win but shame there is that down side 

Well, we all now want Sammy Szmodics to go on to add to his huge goal tally this season. 

Come on Blackburn.

Looking good for at least 6th!

Think we can get something at Leicester then it's bring on the s c u m.

2 minutes ago, Branston said:

Give it a rest . Gibson been outstanding since he came back from injury . 

Most of the time, yes. Then he drops an utter clanger & it's heart in mouth time again. He's simply just too inconsistent to be a good CD

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Those runs from Kenny. ♥️

Player of the season for me

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yes definitely IMO, Sarge has been brilliant since returning, Sara and Sainz have been fantastic for us but Kenny I think is having his best season with us, been a great captain too. I doubt he’ll win but IMO he should.

It's going to be a very weird vote. You could make a case for Gunn, McLean, Sara, Sainz, Sargent and Rowe. Equally you could make a fairly good case against any of those. I think I'll be choosing between Kenny and Gabby. The latter's numbers are just off the chart. He and Sarge are the real difference-makers for us but obviously Sarge has been missing for a lot of the season.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Has to be Duffy and Gibbo against scum otherwise will be a sh1tshow.

Yeah, I'm sure Duffy will play against them. Hopefully he can get at least half an hour at the King Power.

48 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looking good for at least 6th!

Think we can get something at Leicester then it's bring on the s c u m.

Leicester 20th in the form table over the last six games. 

Talking of stats, I’m sure I found something on the net showing wins after being in a losing position, but can’t now. Anyone know how we compare to the rest of the table? We must be one of the best at recovering from a losing position. Which is a welcome change, in the last few seasons, once we conceded it was game over.