DraytonBoy

Ipswich Town Investment

The article says up to £105m, that has to be contingent on them getting promoted right?

I have a hard time believing they’re worth   that much as is.

So ORG have divested 40% to Bright Path. The Canadian Pension Fund backing ORG want their cash back obviously. JUst to reiterate that is no new money for the club, so don't panic yet. Ooh, and seemingly trying the old joint majority malarky that we have. nearly if ORG sell another 10% to someone else. Gosh it must be fun in the corporate office of Portaloo. Not sure how it secures their long term future. It might just end up in a bun fight. But will it be over £200m, or will it be over a few remaining pennies?

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So ORG have divested 40% to Bright Path. The Canadian Pension Fund backing ORG want their cash back obviously. JUst to reiterate that is no new money for the club, so don't panic yet.

Is it a cheeky way of revaluing the club though? 

I'm sure someone mentioned a tactic in the past tha some Italian clubs done, exampled by providing a house analogy - it may even have been you?

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Our investment will be completed any year now apparently

Tone it down a bit and play for 'any century'.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I'm sure someone mentioned a tactic in the past tha some Italian clubs done, exampled by providing a house analogy - it may even have been you?

Not guilty on that m'lud. No this rings very much that the Pension Fund were looking for some cash back and this was the quickest way for ORG to crystallise it. I'm sure they've made a bit themselves though.

Posted (edited)

Even more fingers in that very small pie. 

I now note that TWTD have presented it as investment in the club. They have bought a 40% share of the club. Not the same thing.

The more these things mushroom, the more nefarious they become.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

D

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Didn't McNally do similar around 9 years ago and get some people to pay £100 per share. That was when he wanted to raise funds to pay his termination settlement 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Not guilty on that m'lud.

You're right, it was this I was thinking of:

Unrelated I know, but if ORG have moved 40% ownership up the chain to their backers, and in the process claiming that the club is worth over £200m, is it not a similar attempt of artificially increasing value?

Edited by Google Bot

26 minutes ago, repman said:

The article says up to £105m, that has to be contingent on them getting promoted right?

I have a hard time believing they’re worth   that much as is.

They still got a tree growing out of a stand? I know they've seemingly painted a few of there seats but they can't have spiffed it up that much

We can certainly teach them how to urinate monet against a wall.  Experts us in wassting PL riches.  Hope on hope will learn lesson if ever get to PL again.

I have tried to explain before . This is how pension funds/ investment work. 

ORG were managing funds for a pension fund . They have sold (nearly) half of their investment to another investment company. They put the proceeds into the fund . The fund may well have rules about how and when assets are sold , and the increase in the value is exactly the point of a pension pot. 

It doesn’t mean there is anymore or any less money available . It does mean that the pension fund will be pleased with an increased value and cashed in. It could be argued that this increase is due to potential returns (in the prem) rather than actual. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have tried to explain before . This is how pension funds/ investment work. 

ORG were managing funds for a pension fund . They have sold (nearly) half of their investment to another investment company. They put the proceeds into the fund . The fund may well have rules about how and when assets are sold , and the increase in the value is exactly the point of a pension pot. 

It doesn’t mean there is anymore or any less money available . It does mean that the pension fund will be pleased with an increased value and cashed in. It could be argued that this increase is due to potential returns (in the prem) rather than actual. 

There is no coincidence in the timing. They have cashed in to protect their investment. They're not stupid and they know if Ipswich don't go up and the manager leaves their investment is worthless. 

It's the business equivalent of cashing in early with Bet365

• Like 3

Sad to see so many fellow yellas clutching on hope it all goes wrong over in Suffolk. They clearly have some very astute businessmen over there doing a sterling job. Rather than our own global business experts on here trying to pick holes we should be hoping we can het similar investment and management try build a similarly glorious history.

We come across as a bit envious, desperate and sour. It's a shame, we're better than this.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Yella said:

Sad to see so many fellow yellas clutching on hope it all goes wrong over in Suffolk. They clearly have some very astute businessmen over there doing a sterling job. Rather than our own global business experts on here trying to pick holes we should be hoping we can het similar investment and management try build a similarly glorious history.

We come across as a bit envious, desperate and sour. It's a shame, we're better than this.

Depends upon which way to look at it.

No doubt there'll be investment in infrastructure but there is only so far that that will be feasible given the limitations of the area and support but FFP will prevent any thoughts of team-building, as a few clubs have already found out.

Of course it could also be seen as the pension fund or Gamechanger, whatever, diluting their interest with the penny having finally dropped concerning the dangers of investing in the Engllsh game. The comparative cost of such investments when up against US sports enterprises has been brought up before on here and accumulating whilst they can.

I suppose we can also have similar fears regarding Annatasio's interest in NCFC, especially as he has hinted at further involvement from down under. 

That apart, I'm clueless. All these multitudes of companies sheltered against failure by having a vast array of fingers in the pie.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Bear in mind private equity firms don't work for nothing. They usually charge a fee for the 'investment' work they might do.

3 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Bear in mind private equity firms don't work for nothing. They usually charge a fee for the 'investment' work they might do.

Yes. That had occurred to me. They are sharks.

Let’s see how long it takes to get approval from the EFL! 

That’s what we are still waiting for after all isn’t it?

47 minutes ago, Yella said:

Equally sad to see grown men (assumption) bothering to come on a rivals message board . You lost it at “similarly glorious history” . 
Get a life son. As my grandad used to say (who was old enough to remember The Binners actually winning something. ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yella said:

The saddest thing I’ve seen on this message board is @King Keano pledging £1 per point difference between our clubs in 18/19 for our ds guys and then not paying up when it went wrong for you lot. Those of you who seem to be allowed to post freely on here, including King Keano, could club together to pay? It’s £63. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yella said:

Awww, We'll forgive you little bin-man, those seasons stuck in League one probably took it's toll.

Any chance of some more 'mind the gap' photos?  The last one provided us with many years of laughter. 🤣😂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yella said:

You really do make it obvious don't you?

Least Keith and Vince pretend to be subtle

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, Yella said:

I can only see one person who is being desperate & sour.

In the last 30 years how many good seasons have ITFC enjoyed?

2 hours ago, Yella said:

try build a similarly glorious history.

Do **** off, binner.

I'd rather have our history that I have experienced and have direct memories from than have to live through the mediocrity and ignominy they've been through clinging on to a "glorious history" of such age now the vast majority couldn't even name the team that achieved it.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

I posted it not so long ago. Average league positions over the last 40 years 

Norwich 24th 

Ipswich 31st 

What a glorious history 

18 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

My apologies for taking Binner-Bait.

I really should have known better.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You really do make it obvious don't you?

Least Keith and Vince pretend to be subtle

Yeah, not so much 

7 hours ago, Yella said:

I remember when you last came to FCR waving £20 notes at us. Within months you were in administration not just s****** on local businesses but not even bothering to pay the Red Cross, proving you really are s***.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yella said:

Gunn, Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent (and possibly Nunez) are worth well north of thatmythical "investment" and we have 15+ very highly rated youngsters coming through, plus a state of the art training ground (already paid for) to attract and keep more. Yeah, you're riding a wave at the moment but as a club, you are still way behind. 

• Sad 1