Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

No more crosses on hot cross buns?

I wonder if anyone upset by this calls other people "snowflakes"?

• Haha 5

Jesus didn't get to where he is today by not having hot crosses on his buns. 🀬

• Haha 3

I'm not fussed about the tick. What I am fussed about is all the ridiculous flavours of hot cross bun you can get now. That is much worse. Hot cross bun flavor only please

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

You gotta feel sorry for Jesus, one day he's going to come back and all his supporters will be wearing jewelry reminding him of that time someone put nails through his hands and left him hanging on a cross.

Β Then another bunch of ungrateful people will start singing 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

He'll wish he never bothered.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

The answer to the question "what would Jesus do?" is always "get cross". πŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

Do we really need you posting the latest clickbait non-story ****e from various news sources on here every day?Β 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Do we really need you posting the latest clickbait non-story ****e from various news sources on here every day?Β 

We don't need it but I think we are going to continue to receive it.

I think in a small way it's meant to divide people, though I wonder if this is intentional. ....Β Post a headline and sit back and enjoy the arguments. Just start a thread with "Meanwhile...." because that does the trickπŸ˜„

Without CC maybe the site will become far less active though. He provides a throughput of material!

And finally, maybe the best way of responding (to absolutely anything) is just with humour. Life is absurd as Camus would state and the best way of responding to that is just to try and enjoy it.

• Like 1

I prefer to think of CC’s posts as D1ckbait-posted by a D1ck and only D1cks respond.

Sorry to anyone who is offended.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I prefer to think of CC’s posts as D1ckbait-posted by a D1ck and only D1cks respond.

Given you responded would be odd to apologise for offending yourself!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

On 21/03/2024 at 13:42, The Raptor said:

I'm not fussed about the tick. What I am fussed about is all the ridiculous flavours of hot cross bun you can get now. That is much worse. Hot cross bun flavor only please

I was about to post the same thing. Never mind ticks and crosses, chocolate and salted caramel?!? It’s an abomination. 😑

• Like 2

22 hours ago, king canary said:

Do you really need to read each thread?

On 21/03/2024 at 17:11, sonyc said:

We don't need it but I think we are going to continue to receive it.

I think in a small way it's meant to divide people, though I wonder if this is intentional. ....Β Post a headline and sit back and enjoy the arguments. Just start a thread with "Meanwhile...." because that does the trickπŸ˜„

Without CC maybe the site will become far less active though. He provides a throughput of material!

And finally, maybe the best way of responding (to absolutely anything) is just with humour. Life is absurd as Camus would state and the best way of responding to that is just to try and enjoy it.

The only sensible thing Camus ever said was "everything I have learned in life, I learned from playing football" 😊

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I was about to post the same thing. Never mind ticks and crosses, chocolate and salted caramel?!? It’s an abomination. 😑

I wouldn't bother with the KKK's ones. Not pleasant at all.

• Haha 1

β€œSome of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses”

Β 

On 21/03/2024 at 17:58, Mr Angry said:

Posted (edited)
On 21/03/2024 at 12:48, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean might as well rename them then right? And who the hell has said "Yeah mate I like my hot cross buns to have a tick on them" πŸ˜‚

Β 

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

When does the first "You're not allowed to say Happy Christmas any more" story appear in the tabloids?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

When does the first "You're not allowed to say Happy Christmas any more" story appear in the tabloids?

What you're referring to is the first Wednesday in September, officially known as Woke Wednesday.

If you want to mark your calendar, the 3rd Friday in July is officially 'Bl00dy hell, Christmas gets earlier and earlier each year Friday'.

Β 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

This one popped up on radio last week all because a flag got changed.πŸ™„

Β 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Herman said:

This one popped up on radio last week all because a flag got changed.πŸ™„

Β 

Although Nike’s β€œplayful” update of the flag is another unfortunate example of wokery trumping tradition, patriotism and plain common sense. Β Anyway, anyone fancy a gesture egg?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/26/cadbury-accused-erasing-easter-chocolate-eggs-gesture/

11 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Although Nike’s β€œplayful” update of the flag is another unfortunate example of wokery trumping tradition, patriotism and plain common sense. Β Anyway, anyone fancy a gesture egg?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/26/cadbury-accused-erasing-easter-chocolate-eggs-gesture/

EnL6MbuXIAQ4DrM.thumb.jpg.03723ffdc03eb2effa94cdf54e7f100f.jpg

Although starting from the 2012 Olympics "they changed are flags" now starts in March.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

EnL6MbuXIAQ4DrM.thumb.jpg.03723ffdc03eb2effa94cdf54e7f100f.jpg

Although starting from the 2012 Olympics "they changed are flags" now starts in March.

If you’re convinced that the β€œculture war” is a contrived irrelevance, whyΒ do you and your ilk support so many unnecessary silly initiativesΒ that are deliberately designed to disprove your assertion that it doesn’t exist?

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Like so many of the other Christian celebrations the custom of giving eggs as gifts pre-dates their faith.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Like so many of the other Christian celebrations the custom of giving eggs as gifts pre-dates their faith.

All sorts of things predate all sorts of other things, but that’s where we are now.