Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

2009 v 2024 What is the difference?

See attached a quote from 2009. Note now the debt is 4 times higher, next year's Turnover likely to be only twice as high and gate money only 30% higher.

Why has the Football Club's version of Liz Truss not faced the same fate?

20240308_081212.jpg

Doncaster was fired and Munby retired. Looks pretty similar to what happened to Truss to me.

• Like 1

The difference is that in 2024 we have to put up with your interminable bleating about everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

The quality of our product is threatening to bother the play-offs rather than League 1?

i like this game! Go on, give us is another!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Doncaster was fired and Munby retired. Looks pretty similar to what happened to Truss to me.

Indeed but the trashing of the Club's economy has been greater in the last 5 years.

30 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

The quality of our product is threatening to bother the play-offs rather than League 1?

i like this game! Go on, give us is another!

A gamble that could pay off. Not all gambles do.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

See attached a quote from 2009. Note now the debt is 4 times higher, next year's Turnover likely to be only twice as high and gate money only 30% higher.

20240308_081212.jpg

‘Gate money is only 30% higher.’ We are limited by the size of the ground, and most tickets are season tickets. The only way to increase gate money would have been a substantial rise in prices, something which most of us are pleased the club did not do! Are you suggesting we should have exploited the fanbase?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

The difference is that in 2024 we have to put up with your interminable bleating about everything.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 10.12.32.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 10.12.32.png

Oh yeah I've got him on ignore too, I just saw the topic title on the main board and couldn't resist. Haven't even read the post.

• Haha 1

Well in 2009 Gordon Brown was Prime Minister, Corona was a brand of beer, Viktor Yushchenko was president of Ukraine and the worlds economy decided to fall down the ****ter..

Or did you mean in terms of football?

The debt by the end of the season will all be internal. The guy who got us into the financial mess has moved on to climb mountains. The only issue is how quickly Attanasio gets the okay from the EFL and then gets on with the job of bringing the club up to modern EPL standards.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well in 2009 Gordon Brown was Prime Minister, Corona was a brand of beer, Viktor Yushchenko was president of Ukraine and the worlds economy decided to fall down the ****ter..

Or did you mean in terms of football?

The wars in Ukraine and Gaza render the world a better place now?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

‘Gate money is only 30% higher.’ We are limited by the size of the ground, and most tickets are season tickets. The only way to increase gate money would have been a substantial rise in prices, something which most of us are pleased the club did not do! Are you suggesting we should have exploited the fanbase?

I have always argued the opposite ie. our gate money now should be 30% less than it is. It is the cost control that should be far, far better.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

20240308_081212.jpg

I think there is really only one solution to this.

You need to have a word with Mr Attanasio and see if there is any way you and your money can join him on the board.

This is the only way I can see of keeping you happy, harnessing your corporate knowledge and experience and sorting the clubs finances out for the better.............

26 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I think there is really only one solution to this.

You need to have a word with Mr Attanasio and see if there is any way you and your money can join him on the board.

This is the only way I can see of keeping you happy, harnessing your corporate knowledge and experience and sorting the clubs finances out for the better.............

Can you imagine how long the board meetings would be, with endless interjections, most of which would revolve around the interest of one member and his family?

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Can you imagine how long the board meetings would be, with endless interjections, most of which would revolve around the interest of one member and his family?

Better in the boardroom than on this message board 😀..................

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Is that another swipe at Zoe?  You really don't like her, do you... 😞

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

The debt by the end of the season will all be internal. The guy who got us into the financial mess has moved on to climb mountains. The only issue is how quickly Attanasio gets the okay from the EFL and then gets on with the job of bringing the club up to modern EPL standards.

Oh I'm so, so glad (the guy who got?) Has moved on to climb mountains after making a fortune from being a con artist. 🤮

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

I have always argued the opposite ie. our gate money now should be 30% less than it is. It is the cost control that should be far, far better.

Let’s bring in less revenue to make us less competitive...

1 hour ago, GMF said:

Let’s bring in less revenue to make us less competitive...

That's why Brentford spent £50 million less on Wages but were more competitive.

In 2009 I was off my head trying to pull easy women in Ibiza. In 2023 I’m stuck paying a mortgage with 4 whining children!

Oh, you meant the football club

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Indeed but the trashing of the Club's economy has been greater in the last 5 years.

NO CLUES!!!

Edited by Nuff Said

12 hours ago, essex canary said:

Right, can you please stop with this now?

We know loans have been taken against future earnings, something sooo many "well informed" people said we should have been doing years ago. We rolled the dice, and the dice didn't work out when we wanted them to. We are not in the same sort of debt, not knowing where money is coming from.

Unless you are suggesting that Attanasio and his group need to leave already?

Please stop with these really fake faux cryptic attacks on the club. Everyone knows you hate everything to do with the club because they stopped listening to you years ago... frankly, I get the feeling a lot of people on here actually sympathise with them on that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

That's why Brentford spent £50 million less on Wages but were more competitive.

Always pick the exception to the general rule to make a point right?

Lets ignore Watford... how are they doing? Pretty sure Burnley spent more on wages and came down anyway. Fulham did three times and are finally making a go of it. Bournemouth almost certainly did too. And Forrest.

It's like looking at clouds, you can more or less draw any picture you like. There are clubs that spent far more in wages and player signings combined and did no better. There are fewer clubs who spent around the same or less, and stayed up.

If it was as easy as you suggest it is, and make it out to be, you'd be chairmen and we'd all be really happy supporters wouldn't we? Wouldn't we? Yes. Because you'd have given away a few thousand free season tickets... 

• Like 1

Well...

In 2009 we had Tangie and now we have this pound shop version of Tangie.🙃

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

In 2009 I was off my head trying to pull easy women in Ibiza. In 2023 I’m stuck paying a mortgage with 4 whining children!

Oh, you meant the football club

lol 

But in all seriousness.. liking this ‘kids for bricks’ scheme. Solving two problems in one move, thanks to a broadminded lender, though you do wonder how they put them  to work their end