Yes, no, maybe, I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

If that's not successfully appealed I will lose what very little faith I have in footballing authorities completely. Utter joke of a decision. 

I want to see Madeleys bank statement.

• Like 2

Just sack him Monday and tell him he’s a free agent 

WBA Red was forgivable but with previous - NCFC don’t need him 

Absolute high earning baggage 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Marched down the tunnel like he was hard done by - probs driving the Lamborghini home right now - not a team player….

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

🤡

Dont think we've got any alternative but to play wing backs for the next few games as they are our best attacking wide players...

Gunn

Hanley  Duffy  Gibson

Stacey   Nunez     McLean  Giannoulis

Sara

Sargent    Barnes

31 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Haha yeah let's just spaff a seven-figure sum on releasing one of our best players rather than harnessing his talent and working on his psychology.

Sounds legit.

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Haha yeah let's just spaff a seven-figure sum on releasing one of our best players rather than harnessing his talent and working on his psychology.

Sounds legit.

Definitely what we should have done with Emi. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Has anyone got a link to the incident? I've been out all evening so have seen absolutely nothing of the game.

We should absolutely appeal. Even if the clowns give him an extra game it won’t make much difference. Wasn’t even a booking let alone a red. 
I can’t believe I still watch football, the state of it. I gave up watching this game as soon as the red came out. Just beyond  pathetic. I feel sorry for the paying public who have been cheated once again. This is not the game I grew up watching. It is absolutely xxxx what the game has become.  Soft as xxxx. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sounds legit.

Yes send him to a shrink 

That should do the trick 

Just now, daly said:

Yes send him to a shrink 

That should do the trick 

Are you aware how common psychologists are in elite sport?

Just now, daly said:

Yes send him to a shrink 

That should do the trick 

Sports psychology isn't exactly a pseudoscience. It can be worked on.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wow.

Usually I'm in the camp of 'player was stupid for giving the ref the opportunity', and I was expecting to see it and think that it was soft but justifiable. 

But that's never a red. There's no change of direction or angle of the leg, there's no extension, no kicking motion or anything 'violent'.

I reckon that's worth an appeal.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Wow.

Usually I'm in the camp of 'player was stupid for giving the ref the opportunity', and I was expecting to see it and think that it was soft but justifiable. 

But that's never a red. There's no change of direction or angle the leg, there's no extension, no kicking motion or anything 'violent'.

Other angles show Howsons studs making  contact half way up Sainz’s leg. I think Howson knows he’s put in a bad challenge and reacts the way he does in self preservation 

https://x.com/bobrutler/status/1765491828470456322?s=46&t=12k3jEugNq5vxKFcnDRw6g

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Wow.

But that's never a red. There's no change of direction or angle the leg, there's no extension, no kicking motion or anything 'violent'.

I think it's both. Definitely worth an appeal, don't see what we've got to lose. If he's out for four games that's our season over. One more for a 'frivolous' appeal won't make any difference. And it could well be overturned.

But it was still stupid of Sainz. He flicked his leg at Howson, just like Beckham did at Simeone all those years ago. It's a classic 'don't give the ref the decision to make'. It's worth saying that the ref had already spoken to Sainz for his reaction to a tackle by Ayling. He'd given him a warning.

Having said all that, the club needs to work with Sainz. He's just like Emi in that his edge makes him a better player, but can be a liability. Emi managed to learn to keep the edge without getting himself sent off. We can and should criticise Sainz for tonight, but he's a huge asset for the club and we need to support him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Other angles show Howsons studs making  contact half way up Sainz’s leg. I think Howson knows he’s put in a bad challenge and reacts the way he does in self preservation 

There's definitely a case for saying that the red should have gone to Howson.

I think the reaction of McLean and Barnes was pretty telling but it's worth an appeal. It's very soft and had it not been for Howson's reaction the ref would have done nothing, but Sainz makes a secondary flick of the foot to to slightly catch the player.

Regardless, Sainz is totally brainless and I suspect Wagner will be having words with him. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t Sainz’s previous sending off for two yellows? I thought this 4 match ban thing was for two straight reds. I could certainly be wrong as Goggleing the rules only brings up waffle on about Premier League.

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I think it's both. Definitely worth an appeal, don't see what we've got to lose. If he's out for four games that's our season over. One more for a 'frivolous' appeal won't make any difference. And it could well be overturned.

But it was still stupid of Sainz. He flicked his leg at Howson, just like Beckham did at Simeone all those years ago. It's a classic 'don't give the ref the decision to make'. It's worth saying that the ref had already spoken to Sainz for his reaction to a tackle by Ayling. He'd given him a warning.

Having said all that, the club needs to work with Sainz. He's just like Emi in that his edge makes him a better player, but can be a liability. Emi managed to learn to keep the edge without getting himself sent off. We can and should criticise Sainz for tonight, but he's a huge asset for the club and we need to support him.

One game extra might make a difference, because he'd then miss the derby. 

I've only seen the one angle and I don't see the flick, personally. I can't see how that equates to violent conduct in any shape or form.

But I do agree with the final paragraph though, because even ignoring tonight, he does sail too close to the edge at times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the reaction of McLean and Barnes was pretty telling but it's worth an appeal. It's very soft and had it not been for Howson's reaction the ref would have done nothing, but Sainz makes a secondary flick of the foot to to slightly catch the player.

Regardless, Sainz is totally brainless and I suspect Wagner will be having words with him. 

Viva Espana

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Wasn’t Sainz’s previous sending off for two yellows? I thought this 4 match ban thing was for two straight reds. I could certainly be wrong as Goggleing the rules only brings up waffle on about Premier League.

I think it's a three-game ban for alleged violent conduct and then an extra game because it's his second red card of the season. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One game extra might make a difference, because he'd then miss the derby. 

Really? Hadn't looked up the specific games. But I fear that if we've played the previous four without him, the only difference he might make in that game is to Ipswich's season, not ours. We've just got no options in that position at the moment

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think it's a three-game ban for alleged violent conduct and then an extra game because it's his second red card of the season. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

No you're not and it will be increased to 5 games if our appeal is viewed as frivolous which it probably isn't.

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hope I'm wrong though. 

Everyone seems clear about it but I thought it was two straight reds for the extra game suspended, not two yellows. I guess I’ve got it wrong then. 🙁